test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Game Crash to Desktop and Client Freezes.

Comments

• dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    the new patch mangled something horribly. see the plethora of gameclient.exe not responding posts.
  • madnitezzmadnitezz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    really frustrating.. crashed every 30sec..

ATI Radeon HD 5000M
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    i was playing just fine with major crash OF THE GAME until 5 hours ago.
    now after a demogorgon the pc just turned off, and i cant get in the game anymore.
    forced verify, everything. It cant be just a video card problem: it crushes even a the character selection when the stress is pretty much 0.

simple crash, whole pc crash, video card drivers stopped working, blue screen of death: im experiencing randomly them all.

none of that is happening when the game is closed.

• muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i can remove windows 10 installed windows 7 64 bit again client freeze ? and again installed game !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont understand your bug issue no my problem.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    UPDATE: apparently i cant even launch excel with the nvidea card without getting errors.
    i just rolled back from 359.00 to a driver from end july. it seems it goes better
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Not sure if mine's related or not. It's taking me -forever- to change instances in the Dread Ring. Loading is happening, albeit at a glacial pace, with no SNRs but I'm fast approaching the 10 minute mark.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I stopped updating my graphics driver months ago. Every single driver I installed after March 2015 (v.347.88) crashes the game and gives errors. Game runs fine for the most part with that driver version for some reason.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • baoshionebaoshione Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    The most annoying thing is when it happens on demogorgon, you can't use that char cos it crash on loading screen . Only when it's over you can use that char (the map will change to the enclave)
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    zebular said:

l3thin4th said:

linaduin said:

I'm kinda glad to know that at least it isn't just me. It started a day after I upgraded to Win10 (2-3 days ago) and thought that could be the problem (evil Microsoft!). I should have guessed it was just NWO. I've stopped using Maelstrom in HEs and instances - too dangerous. The game freezes at exactly the same point each time - just as the CW's hands come together above the head at the end of the animation. I still use it tentatively in solo landscape where it's never caused a freeze (so far). It's a pity 'coz it's my favorite daily.

considering that 1-2 ppl crash in each skirm run (either at the joining or during it), I would say that it regards 20 to 40% of the server..
    Not saying this isn't an issue worth some looking into, but your percentage is quite flawed as the majority of players are either not at end-game and/or do not skirmish all the time. Such figures are relative to the number of people running a given skirmish at any given time, which would no where near be the whole server to adequate such proposed figure.
    Worth "SOME" looking into? All the in game channels are filled with reports of client freezes... Our guild is averaging 25 to 30 on most of the time... and hardly anyone wants to run anything more challenging than HE's right now because of this. Everyone I know in game is having issues. And it's only worth "SOME" looking into?

The game is broken... for many its unplayable. I know some that were planning on spending the holiday weekend playing here, and have since left to do something else because of it.

And the fact that the development team left us hanging over a holiday weekend with nothing official from anyone but Strum and his statement that "They are aware and looking into it"... is deplorable.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    I need to know if it's the game client or my PC that's causing the crashes.
    Somehow I doubt it's my PC because I never crashed before but now I crash all the time.

With 10 merged threads about this in the bug section, you make a new one here without any info at all? I'm not sure that'll help much.

The sqeeky wheel gets the grease. Besides I didnt know there was a merged thread anywhere. and did Cryptic post a response?
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    kurtb88 is a customer that just spent $100 this black friday into your pockets cryptic. This is the kind of treatment he gets.
    I have tried Tiamat three times today and Neverwinter froze every time forcing me to reboot the game every time...
    What happened with Mod8 to cause this?
  • chocobofarmerchocobofarmer Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    kurtb88, try to go back to dx9 instead of dx11 inside of game settings. I heard that is a temporary fix. People are suggesting it may be CW's maelstrom ability, but others have said other abilities may be the cause. The issue is that some ability or some abilities have been changed and a lot of people are getting game freezes. Expect a fix in about 4 years.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

the pc just turned off

You most likely have a heat problem. Try taking the cover off the PC

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

I stopped updating my graphics driver months ago. Every single driver I installed after March 2015 (v.347.88) crashes the game and gives errors. Game runs fine for the most part with that driver version for some reason.

If I was running with a card that is two generations or older, I would not update my driver at all unless I know for sure it will fix a specific issue. Drivers today are designed to support multiple generations of cards, but it is hard to code it well to multiple generations. Any trade-offs that need to be made will always favor the current generation card.
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    zebular said:

l3thin4th said:

linaduin said:

I'm kinda glad to know that at least it isn't just me. It started a day after I upgraded to Win10 (2-3 days ago) and thought that could be the problem (evil Microsoft!). I should have guessed it was just NWO. I've stopped using Maelstrom in HEs and instances - too dangerous. The game freezes at exactly the same point each time - just as the CW's hands come together above the head at the end of the animation. I still use it tentatively in solo landscape where it's never caused a freeze (so far). It's a pity 'coz it's my favorite daily.

considering that 1-2 ppl crash in each skirm run (either at the joining or during it), I would say that it regards 20 to 40% of the server..
    Not saying this isn't an issue worth some looking into, but your percentage is quite flawed as the majority of players are either not at end-game and/or do not skirmish all the time. Such figures are relative to the number of people running a given skirmish at any given time, which would no where near be the whole server to adequate such proposed figure.
    That is the reason I put 20%.
    If it was based ONLY on the skirm I would have guessed 60% lol

I used Legit reports, guild reports etc. And it does not even look like it's end-game related.
    We run HR in our SH with low level alts and they crash too.

edit: I understand the concern for writing "affect X % of the server" because it might do bad advertisement. But I am afraid my wild guess might not be so far from reality. That gives a good measure of how serious the issue is.
    And I says this while I NEVER experienced the bug... Imagine those who have.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are looking into it. However it's been a holiday weekend in the USA, so it may be a week (or possibly 2) before a fix can be implemented. I am sorry you are having these issues. Please treat this response as official as it is what Andy told me before he left work on Wednesday.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    ^^ Thank you Kreatyve!
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    Still unable to log on to my main character at all. Would be nice to get an update on this.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • sybndarsybndar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I seem to crash more often with the demonic HEs. Started up in WoD today and went to instance for dragon run. On the way out, hit the HE where you try to keep the demons from entering the center. Client locked up, pulled up task manager and the neverwinter client was using 42% of the CPU. Killed the process and restarted the client.

Was running Nvidia 358 drivers for a while no issues until after the patch, updated to the 359 driver and have not seen any improvement.
  • rivodus07rivodus07 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I can play the game just fine with my 980gtx ti everything to max and great fps. The problem I have is that the game only crashes if i enter combat with any npcs. This issue started happening over 2 months ago.