test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Game Crash to Desktop and Client Freezes.

Comments

• Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Im playing dx9 coz i don't even have dx11 as option. Think win10 and dx12 messed smt. But till last patch there was no problem with this set up.

Btw I see less people playing now compare to numbers before last patch.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    If it helps any... I have noticed that effects like the ones used by Stormcallers & Malabog... and Maelstrom of Chaos are causing the client to lock up almost every time. From what I am hearing from more and more people in game, and reading here it isnt just that... but maybe it's a place to start looking?

Hope we hear something soon on a fix.

A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    This has been happening to me as well since patch and I hardly ever freeze/crash. It happened again a few mins ago so I finally came to the forums to see what was up. The times I've have crashed/froze are like the screenshots above. Everytime I've crashed it has either been on a party invite or when I zone while in a party.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    It is still crashing a lot and it is really, really, really frustrating.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    Me and my friend both crashed at the same time while running through Dwarven Valley... no combat anywhere near us... we were just riding towards the PvP area and whammo... same instant for both of us.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    STICKY...

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    I had no problem with running Demogorgon before, but now i'm getting cashes and i can't even re-enter the fight again...
    And to top it all off, it looked like the last run that crashed was going to be a "gold" one.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    monkeeyman1monkeeyman1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    seems to be getting worse for me. Just ran POM, crashed 4 times during it. Was able to restart client, rejoin group, but would then crash again. Have done the force verify a few times, and still getting the crashes. Happening on multiple toons for my client/account.
  • Options
    bullseyeben#1376 bullseyeben Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I too have been crashing, I can't even play the game. IT displays the Cryptic logo, loads then the Neverwinter logo then crashes, I have tried relaunching the game 3-4 times and it does the same thing. what do i do?
  • Options
    kadujuniorkadujunior Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Please, i need help!
    My motherboard burned and I changed it, but now the game does not work, crashes every time I try.
    My config is: Phenon X3 440, 4GB DDR3 and ATI Radeon 3000 graphic card on-board.
  • Options
    sybndarsybndar Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Had random crashes to desktop since the patch. Only been on my DC and OP since the patch. Crashed in Tiamat, entering a demonic HE in WoD, doing dailies in Dread Ring and Sharadar. Crashed with a lot of people around and sometimes when I don't see anyone around.
    Alway got a oops something went wrong and a box to describe what I was doing. Win10 64 bit, i7 5930, dual gtx 780s.

Upgraded Nvidia drivers to 359.00 I believe, played a couple of hours late last night and no issues. Might not mean much as crash to desktop was popping up anytime between 15 min in and 3hrs in.
  • Options
    rolotcwrolotcw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    Im having the same issues, when I go to the character select screen my game freezes, cant play at all. Pls help
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    I have had random freezes too, few of them take some seconds and game goes back to normal, but a pair of them normally makes me to close the program because it lasts more than 5 minutes.
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I'm kinda glad to know that at least it isn't just me. It started a day after I upgraded to Win10 (2-3 days ago) and thought that could be the problem (evil Microsoft!). I should have guessed it was just NWO. I've stopped using Maelstrom in HEs and instances - too dangerous. The game freezes at exactly the same point each time - just as the CW's hands come together above the head at the end of the animation. I still use it tentatively in solo landscape where it's never caused a freeze (so far). It's a pity 'coz it's my favorite daily.
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    linaduin said:

I'm kinda glad to know that at least it isn't just me. It started a day after I upgraded to Win10 (2-3 days ago) and thought that could be the problem (evil Microsoft!). I should have guessed it was just NWO. I've stopped using Maelstrom in HEs and instances - too dangerous. The game freezes at exactly the same point each time - just as the CW's hands come together above the head at the end of the animation. I still use it tentatively in solo landscape where it's never caused a freeze (so far). It's a pity 'coz it's my favorite daily.

considering that 1-2 ppl crash in each skirm run (either at the joining or during it), I would say that it regards 20 to 40% of the server..

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    skull00oneskull00one Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have also been having random game crashes, for me it has been in the Underdark skirmishes, Well of Dragons, and Icewind Dale. My last crash was in IWD and I was all alone and no one was using Maelstrom spell. So I don't think it has anything to do with that spell. So at this point in time I don't think any of us can blame any particular spell or powers on the random crashes. It's just a buggy patch. Most likely it's memory related.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I've experienced several random game freezes since the latest patch.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    heck i crashed sitting in the stronghold by myself changing the powers on my offhand weapon.

queue "helpful" person telling me to change video drivers....
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The night after the patch, my client locked up a few times, but no crashes to desktop. Then yesterday and today, I played a few hours and no lockups at all. Strange.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    I didn't have crashes but the game froze a few times while doing demonic HEs in Well of Dragons. I had to kill the process and re-start Neverwinter.

From time to time freezing also happens on the loading screen after switching characters - with the loading progress at about 50%. But that's an issues I'm having for months now.

• Options
    indalordindalord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    Hello,
    Same, game froze sometimes when I just walk in SH and/or in fight. When I relog with the same toon, usually it happens again..and again...
    So, to help a bit, I observed that if I relog with another Toon, it is ok with the new toon and later with the former.
    Indalord I & II
  • Options
    oldemannstaroldemannstar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm getting the game to freeze during big fights like demonic HE and SH dragonflight. I have to get back to desktop and kill the Neverwinter process and relaunch the game client. Been playing for months and this started happening in the last week. Sucks because I'm bombing out toward the end of the fight and end up with NO rewards.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    l3thin4th said:

linaduin said:

considering that 1-2 ppl crash in each skirm run (either at the joining or during it), I would say that it regards 20 to 40% of the server..
    Not saying this isn't an issue worth some looking into, but your percentage is quite flawed as the majority of players are either not at end-game and/or do not skirmish all the time. Such figures are relative to the number of people running a given skirmish at any given time, which would no where near be the whole server to adequate such proposed figure.
  • Options
    bloodr41nbloodr41n Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Can we please get an update? Is this bug going to last for this weekend during the 50% sale? When can we expect a fix?

edit: The bug is still there, I just got frozen again
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    hello i can removed windows 10 pro 64 bit installed windows 7 64 bit going esot again client freeze and locked game .... ??????

i dont understand any moderator saying windows 10 problem client freeze eee , i can chance windows mode again same issue ???

and i can login forums internet explorer , i write pin securtry not accept email copy paste forum security pin not accept and blocked 24 hours my forum accaount i can open forum arc ? i tried game freeze any bugs.

amd fx 8350 gtx 970 graphic cards, windows 7 64 bit . game not playing thanks so much.
  • Options
    ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Game random hangs here too after last patch, it happens even when I'm soloing hes. I also noticed some graphics settings where lowered when I'm pretty sure I had them maxed, so I've put them to max again and so far no hangs. Now I don't know if this is related but check your settings.
    EDIT: game just hanged :neutral:
    Post edited by ratjam on
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    this is the new problem arised today.
    anyone sharing the same thing?

nvidea gtx 860M

can just get to the game sometimes, clicking 2 things and boom