test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Game Crash to Desktop and Client Freezes.

Comments

• aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    Ok... I think have found the issue. I updated my video drivers on Sunday... they were almost a year old. The driver I unstalled was just released on 11/19/15. I doubt the devs had a chance to test against it.

Driver File Version: 10.18.0013.5900 (English)
    Driver Version: 10.18.13.5900

So I rolled my drivers back to 9.18.13.4475... working fine again so far. Hope this helps.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
    Another update... anyone who has a diver that has issues with this... and SEES Maelstrom being cast... will also have their game client lock up.

This is a bigger issue that just the person using it.
    Play Legit or Quit
    Well... I thought I had it... but after an hour of it working fine... it just did it again. And it also got another party member. The patch definitely broke something... and its going to be a huge issue if what one person does on their client can cause others around them to crash. See where I am going with this?
    Play Legit or Quit
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

Well... I thought I had it... but after an hour of it working fine... it just did it again. And it also got another party member. The patch definitely broke something... and its going to be a huge issue if what one person does on their client can cause others around them to crash. See where I am going with this?

Suddenly Maelstrom becomes the ultimate weapon in PvP ... can't kill that annoying Paladin or Rogue? No problem, just Maelstrom in their line of sight and the match is yours ...
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
  • kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It's never crashed on me during gameplay since launch. Now it crashes every 15 minutes.
    I tried to run the new Skirmish with the Thoon Hulks and it crashed as soon as I entered and started fighting.
    So I rebooted game. Joined a new group, and it crashed again the instant I entered to start fighting.

Something is very wrong with the new patch apparently.
    Are other players experiencing this?
    Post edited by zebular on
    I just joined Throne of the Dwarven Gods again and this time the game crashed to desktop as soon as the skirm started loading.
    What is going on? Seems like other players are not having this problem because I see groups are finishing it, after i log back in. Is the new patch reacting badly with my PC or video card?
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    My first demogorgon of the day, client locked up 10 seconds after the fight started.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    Something's broken for sure, game client crashed while loading into Demogorgan, and I wasn't the only one.

Restarted client, and it was taking a long time loading, then got timed out and kicked back to Mantol. Nice work
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
    edited November 2015
    I turned my graphics settings (the two main sliders) down from max to medium and i haven't been crashing as much. I managed to complete the skirmish. Hopefully this helps but I hate running below max, i like to look at pretty gfx
  • nomorecernomorecer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    I have the same problem game crashed twice in less than 10 minutes, while doing Crabs for Weapon of Water quest.
  • geetheblueskygeethebluesky Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So I haven't updated my own graphics drivers in quite some time.

Am on an nVidia GeForce 650 Ti BOOST, driver version 347.25 dated 1/22/2015, and am experiencing the spellcasting-related crash anyways.

Never had this issue, or even any kind of crash, before the patch.

I am not experiencing any issues with the launcher, nor with switching characters.
  • geetheblueskygeethebluesky Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Aaaaand I just crashed out of Lostmauth WITHOUT using Maelstrom at all, nor any kind of spell.... duh.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The next hour I was able to complete demo with the same toon without locking.

Then on the next hour (a few minutes ago), I tried to do demo on another toon. Locked up within 10 seconds of entering Mantol-Dierth enroute to cave. Now that I know to just log out of Windows, I tried getting back in two more times. Both times locked up within a few seconds of entering Mantol. Now I was worried that toon will be stuck like this. Tried a third time to get in. Now no more lockups, but the window to queue up has gone by.

This will be a long weekend in this game. I should just do something else.
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    A lot of ppl reported the following situations with a crash because of client not responding

- joining a party
    - changing instance (especially joining a UD skirm instance)
    - changing alt

And a few even had it while standing still and waiting (happened to two of my guildies).

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    I had the same only once yesterday evening at Demogorgon, then everything worked fine.
    Here my system spec:
    Capture

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Ok... I think have found the issue. I updated my video drivers on Sunday... they were almost a year old. The driver I unstalled was just released on 11/19/15. I doubt the devs had a chance to test against it.

So I rolled my drivers back to 9.18.13.4475... working fine again so far. Hope this helps.

Could also be that Nvidia is just releasing really **** drivers lately.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Maybe a maelstrom is what caused my client to crash during a demonic HE in WoD earlier today--and I'm a TR. It's only happened once, though.
    urabask said:

Could also be that Nvidia is just releasing really **** drivers lately.
    The driver I am rolled back to has been working fine with this game for over a year. Nothing on my end changed. But after the NW patch, many are having issues... a lot more than are talking about it on the forums too.
    Play Legit or Quit
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I can load into protectors on one char but I cant load back on main into demogoron fight (thats where it crashed the first time).

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• pazokipazoki Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Me too while farming fire elements, also tried to switch from trans vorpal too trans feytouch, nothing.. still freez and crash 5 times in 1 hour
  • pazokipazoki Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Me too while farming fire elements, also tried to switch from trans vorpal too trans feytouch, nothing.. still freez and crash 5 times in 1 hour

btw same topic here

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1208511/pc-random-game-freezes
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    today all to my clients time and again crashed safe mode join game down my client i'll try the same game installed to not fixed client crash :( game bird I erased her side.
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    same problems

i7 5000 series, Win10, GTX980

From what I'm seeing users with both AMD/ATI & Nvidia so I cannot see this being a driver issue.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    It started by me again. Had yesterday 4 freezes. One restart of my PC and everything seems fine. Now i come online want to get my daily dungeon key and the game freeze.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i cant play today all to time down client and crash ? why ...
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I merged a few different threads about this. I'm working on getting ahold of someone official about this. Andy won't be on for a few hours yet, so I'm trying to get ahold of someone else.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Happened again, got a screenshot if it helps at all....

Also got (for the 2nd time) the message "An error was detected by the game, would you like to reverify all files?" etc.

That is exactly what I encounter. And half the time when it occurs I cannot login anymore on any character EVEN after a reboot. it's like the server chokes and wont let me in anymore. If I go to another PC and login, it somehow clears the issue and can login.... then after a while my PC crashes yet again and rinse repeat.

I pray this does not devolve into a 70 page thread for 3 months of "please send in dxdiags/tracerts/etc" and placing the burden of fixing this on us when it happened on patch day and suddenly all of us crashing have our PCs suspect as the issue when everything worked fine before the patch.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    zebular said:

kreatyve said:

estasia1 said:

Same here keep getting error 36. Like I would know what error 36 is

Error 36 = Reboot your computer to fix that one. The game did not shut down properly.
    If you can get the process to end in Task Manager, no need to reboot. However, some users are unable to end the processes. I do believe its only users of non-Windows 10 OS or 32 bit users that have the issue where they cannot end the process. Not sure, I just know that the few times I've had the Error 36, I've been able to overcome it by ending the game process in Task Manager and I am on Windows 10, 64bit.

I have Win10 64bit and my gameclient freezes aswell. I had similar problems in the past-after some patches. It strike always after some patch. My game freeze in fiery pit today like 10 times, even with safe mode and command (-d3d11Enable 0). Ths combo letting me loading game after freeze. Funny thing I have ran ToDG few mins ago and all was fine, then back to fiery pit, saw HE popped, started fighting and... freeze again. My guildie having similar problem today.
    200_s.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Rolling back to a previous graphics driver may help. Also, one can try updating your graphics drivers if there is a newer one available, as well as running a dxwebupdate check for older DirectX files and then running a Windows Update check to check for DirectX 11+ updates.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    always when entering demogorgon
    and every 20 minutes or so when doing normal gameplay.

this is happening since yesterday

nvidia gtx860M