test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Game Crash to Desktop and Client Freezes.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I merged a few different threads about this. I'm working on getting ahold of someone official about this. Andy won't be on for a few hours yet, so I'm trying to get ahold of someone else.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Happened again, got a screenshot if it helps at all....

Also got (for the 2nd time) the message "An error was detected by the game, would you like to reverify all files?" etc.

That is exactly what I encounter. And half the time when it occurs I cannot login anymore on any character EVEN after a reboot. it's like the server chokes and wont let me in anymore. If I go to another PC and login, it somehow clears the issue and can login.... then after a while my PC crashes yet again and rinse repeat.

I pray this does not devolve into a 70 page thread for 3 months of "please send in dxdiags/tracerts/etc" and placing the burden of fixing this on us when it happened on patch day and suddenly all of us crashing have our PCs suspect as the issue when everything worked fine before the patch.
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    zebular said:

kreatyve said:

estasia1 said:

Same here keep getting error 36. Like I would know what error 36 is

Error 36 = Reboot your computer to fix that one. The game did not shut down properly.
    If you can get the process to end in Task Manager, no need to reboot. However, some users are unable to end the processes. I do believe its only users of non-Windows 10 OS or 32 bit users that have the issue where they cannot end the process. Not sure, I just know that the few times I've had the Error 36, I've been able to overcome it by ending the game process in Task Manager and I am on Windows 10, 64bit.

I have Win10 64bit and my gameclient freezes aswell. I had similar problems in the past-after some patches. It strike always after some patch. My game freeze in fiery pit today like 10 times, even with safe mode and command (-d3d11Enable 0). Ths combo letting me loading game after freeze. Funny thing I have ran ToDG few mins ago and all was fine, then back to fiery pit, saw HE popped, started fighting and... freeze again. My guildie having similar problem today.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Rolling back to a previous graphics driver may help. Also, one can try updating your graphics drivers if there is a newer one available, as well as running a dxwebupdate check for older DirectX files and then running a Windows Update check to check for DirectX 11+ updates.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    always when entering demogorgon
    and every 20 minutes or so when doing normal gameplay.

this is happening since yesterday

nvidia gtx860M
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    Really, that's odd, I'm running the same card with no problems at all.

Win10 64bit
    i7-4700HQ
    16 GB ram
    installed to an SSD

I am still using the nvidia driver version 358.50 from 10/7/15

Hope this helps someone.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    im using a driver a bit older than your, let me upgrade to 359 and lets see
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    In another thread people were crashing with both ATI/AMD & nVidia. Can't just assume it's video card related because things stop on the screen.... more than just video drivers lockup games.

Also happening to me... raged pretty bad yesterday as the timing was terrible each and every time it occured.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I merged a few different threads about this. I'm working on getting ahold of someone official about this. Andy won't be on for a few hours yet, so I'm trying to get ahold of someone else.

Thank you! Please let us know when you hear something... :smile:
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    cayapp said:
    You know. If that thread is right, that may be it as I play in windowed maximized, so if you were trying to use the fullscreen option....
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I've had the GameClient crash twice since yesterday both during the Goristri phase of Demogorgon. :'(
  • Options
    And crash again... This time during daily ToDG on alt... :< Gameclient won't let me play.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    mrsspireamrsspirea Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Everything freezes up, HE's, Devil's HE's, Dragonflight, Herald run, standing still. And i barely even had a lag issue before and have a very good game built pc. After the patch yesterday i froze up 2 times yesterday, and 6 times today and now i cant get in again in game. Talked to several people that cant even play the game after last patch. What happened and when will it be fixed?
  • Options
    Installed older nvidia driver - all ok I thought, done one or two skrimishes then freeze and crash again. Few guildies talking about same problem. All thanks to patch.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Zone chats, Guild Chats and a lot of private chats are talking about random game freezes also since the last patch. Got it today 2-3 times and have now no motivation left to enter the game.

For the note: The only thing that updated since i have this problem is the Neverwinter update from Tuesday the 24, November.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    every time there is alot of lighting effects the game freeze for me now
    malabog lightning shower locked me up 6 times in a row.
  • Options
    pazokipazoki Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    i was able to fix it , at my place at least ... change ur direct x ingame in options, i switched from direct x 11 too 9 ... since than no freez
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    I run a demogorgon skirm.
    Or, that was the plan. Upon joining the instance, 4 out of 5 players crashed in one team, 3 in the other.
    Please try to put DirectX 9 instead of 11.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    Thought I was ok tonight, played for like 3 hours and then said something in guild chat and instantly locked up literally when I hit Enter.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    pazoki said:

i was able to fix it , at my place at least ... change ur direct x ingame in options, i switched from direct x 11 too 9 ... since than no freez

That's not a fix that's a workaround and I'd like to hear after you have a long session if you really haven't locked up. I played a solid 3 hours tonight on DX11 and then it happened.

And guys dont get hung up on nVidia... I saw posts with screenshots from Catalyst (which is not nVidia) too.

The last change was the patch. Its not suddenly all our drivers are no good... something they did in the patch did this.

• Options
    Another thing, the game is using a lot of memory.
    Closing the client every hour or so helps.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    There's a bug report (in the forum for such things) pointing the finger at the Maelstrom skill. This skill ends up crashing my client, too, and I'm not the one using it.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    zibadawa said:

There's a bug report (in the forum for such things) pointing the finger at the Maelstrom skill. This skill ends up crashing my client, too, and I'm not the one using it.

Probably its effect is among those that can create a crash.
    But the problem is also in simply joining instances...
    Even after just starting the client.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    After 16 hours I tried to do Demogoron again and I crashed again and got kicked out..
    Not starting the game until this is fixed.

Cya.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I've never had a client crash and then today, I've had 5. What is going on?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    l3thin4th said:

zibadawa said:

Probably its effect is among those that can create a crash.
    But the problem is also in simply joining instances...
    Even after just starting the client.

I haven't had that issue yet, but one way or another it's terrible. You basically can't do any of the underdark content because you will invariably get crashed before it is over. Or much of any group content, actually.

Speak of the devil: just crashed loading into prophecy.
    Post edited by zibadawa on
  • Options
    Im playing dx9 coz i don't even have dx11 as option. Think win10 and dx12 messed smt. But till last patch there was no problem with this set up.
    200_s.gif