test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is There A Dmg (Bug / Glitch / ????) With GWF?

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
I was just in Kessel's Retreat and there was a GWF in our group who dealt 42 million dmg paingiver. The next best dmg was basically a tie between me and another guy for about 1 million each. I inspected the entire group at the start and finish. We were all using Ioun Stones, we all had about the same Total Item Level: approximately 2500 for all players. I think the lowest guy was 2390, and the top guy was a CW with 2750. The GWF had about 2575.

I can't speak for the others but i know i was going all out DPS on my TR, and I usually get close to the top paingiver, even in 3K+ groups. I cannot understand how this GWF dealt 42 times as much dmg as me. I have a GWF with 2500 IL and I seriously doubt I could pull off dmg anywhere near that. Is this normal?

Comments

• Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Hard to believe such a big diff in paingiver if you were all in 2.3-2.5k :| I remember one kessel run I did time ago with my 2.4k GWF, I was with other 1.8-2k pips and I did about 35M, but they were toons like DC, CW with CC powers, OP/GF...
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Here you can see how a similar 3d went
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/557612/gwf-damage-bug/p2

I just noticed that my friend list has become 50% GWF lately lol

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    It's not a bug. A GWF specced and played right will out-dps any other class of similar IL every time. Most of the time by a huge margin. At least that's what I have observed anyways.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    perma unstoppable is easy with a destroyer build. 135% dmg buff before external buffs and mob debuffs. add in lostmauth and high crit and gwf dmg goes through the roof.
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    After seeing just what I could do with my GWF quite awhile back I had since decided that the GWF was the only striker class. I no longer regard my TR's as strikers. They now run interference and disruption.
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    dufisto said:

perma unstoppable

I never play my GWF, so I never noticed they got a perma.
    That explains a lot.

I never play my GWF because I find it a boring class. The highest DPS/Survivability ratio with the least effort. (personal opinion).

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    They werent always that. It;s the ebb and flow of class balance.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My GWF does top damage nearly every time when I'm with people of similar item level. There have been times when I have done more damage in a dungeon than the other 4 players combined. And I don't use any glitches or cheats.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    I didn't know there was such a thing as Perma-Unstoppable.
  • Options
    chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

I didn't know there was such a thing as Perma-Unstoppable.

True there is no "perma-unstoppable", but if you time your powers right, you can be unstoppable for the majority of a fight. So long as the bug doesn't interfere.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    when i queue for prophecy of madness with my gwf 2k ( not lol set just basic gear) i have perma unstoppable with : daring shout
    all monsters hit me that helps my determination bar to refill fast.
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

Paingiver changes every time there is a class balancing. It was CW, SW, and now GWF. Soon it will be passed on to another class.

Not long ago I ran eToS with a SW. He had a bit more item level and he was on top of the paingiver chart while my GWF was second. Strangest thing was that I don't remember him using Dread Theft - which I thought was the highest damage source for SWs.

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    SWs can be hugely strong if they are played by a skilled person. Right now there are 2 builds for SW that do good damage, the first is damnation soulbinder which does good damage due to the weird things that happen with the puppet (it buffs itself and gets effected by buffs to where it can do 1.5 million damage hits, so basically it can do/does damage well above its item level ) and then there is the fury soulbinder which just does insane damage when played well, it is much more gear dependent though and requires much better stats.

GWF can be very good now right from 2k ilv and up if they have lostmauth, and once they are geared they go insane, and are much simpler to use then SW
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    cortrillion#9371 cortrillion Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    "IS THERE A DMG (BUG / GLITCH / ????) WITH GWF?"

Yes, yes there is. That or every other damage dealer is broken. A GWF will do around 4x the damage of every other damage dealer class. Only the really broken soul puppet SW can hope to do as much or more dmg.

This is really fine, one class has to be the best. Problem is that they are alot better then everyone else when it comes to damage. The can also take alot of damage befor going down, this is in part from the fact that life steal works if your hitting for 200.000 point of damage as GWF, but dosent work if your only doing 10.000 damage as a SW.

Well, I dont really think they are glitched/bugged. But it will look like it when you look at the damage they do and the damage they can take. The problem is that the other damage dealers, CW/TR/HR/SW cant hope to do any where near as much damage as a GWF with the same iLevel, and they have a hell of a lot harder time doing solo content as well.
  • Options
    kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    There are lots of things that don't show in ilvl, that effect dps: companions, actual build used, actual crit/power/arp, artifact sets, artifact choices, play skill. ILVL is as deceptive as GS was in the past.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited December 2015

Well, I dont really think they are glitched/bugged. But it will look like it when you look at the damage they do and the damage they can take. The problem is that the other damage dealers, CW/TR/HR/SW cant hope to do any where near as much damage as a GWF with the same iLevel, and they have a hell of a lot harder time doing solo content as well.

is really terrible need repeat that all the times.

cw is not a primary striker. striker is not just damage, but mobility too (attack w/o retaliation; look rogues in pvp) ranger just have viable your controller tree (gwf, damage tree) and a sw well played dont need "bugs".
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7GhBV49_kQ
    the big difference between gwf and all that classes is: gwf are optimizaded, through destroyers, for damage in pve when the deal is "the class will have the best damage/easy offensive tools BECAUSE the enemies will hit really, really hard and the class is a melee w/o dodge.

BUT the devs bring down the difficult again.

NOW, you can down the damage of the class again to balance in this new easy content, BUT this new easy content eliminated the necessity to have a healer, tank, etc... so, bring up the difficult in some circunstances (legendary dungeons) is the real demand.

ps: if something need receive some look for now, is the temporary hp.

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I typically top out in Paingiver on my GWF. During an eToS that I ran with guildies and a NW_Legit 3.5k ilvl SW, I only did 2/3 the damage that the SW did (I was about 2.5k ilvl at the time)

I'm always thankful when I'm out-DPSed in a dungeon... that means we had an easier run.

However, I don't really see why people get crabby about who is doing what for damage... it's not about "so-and-so is glitched because they out-damaged me"... it's about "did the team make it through the dungeon?" and "what can I do to improve my character to better help out the team?" Well, at least it should be. I'm sick and tired of finger-pointing and "glitch this" and "bug that" and "I can't play my character worth a HAMSTER, so I'll blame it on something you're doing/not doing" attitudes.

Oh.. and I don't have "perma-Unstoppable", and sure, with Daring Shout and a couple of hits with my Hidden Daggers, the Determination fills up quickly.. but "perma"? Nope.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    the question is simple :

1 - While gwf I want to be dependent on other roles. Reducing the damage of the class it will happen? no.

2 - even when gwf died like flies in the beginning of module 6 people complained about the damage because ... that's what they do, even if your class do more damage than the other (just to remember a certain playerbase during m2/m3).
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I typically top out in Paingiver on my GWF. During an eToS that I ran with guildies and a NW_Legit 3.5k ilvl SW, I only did 2/3 the damage that the SW did (I was about 2.5k ilvl at the time)

I'm always thankful when I'm out-DPSed in a dungeon... that means we had an easier run.

However, I don't really see why people get crabby about who is doing what for damage... it's not about "so-and-so is glitched because they out-damaged me"... it's about "did the team make it through the dungeon?" and "what can I do to improve my character to better help out the team?" Well, at least it should be. I'm sick and tired of finger-pointing and "glitch this" and "bug that" and "I can't play my character worth a HAMSTER, so I'll blame it on something you're doing/not doing" attitudes.

Oh.. and I don't have "perma-Unstoppable", and sure, with Daring Shout and a couple of hits with my Hidden Daggers, the Determination fills up quickly.. but "perma"? Nope.

It's because the investment required to reach the same performance is much higher for classes other than GWF.

OPs and DCs can justify themselves by keeping the party alive but the only reason you even have parties taking classes other than GWF for DPS slots is because content in the game is easy enough that they don't need a GWF. If we ever get content difficult enough that we actually need GWFs damage over what other DPS classes can deal then we've got a problem.

zacazu said:

the question is simple :

1 - While gwf I want to be dependent on other roles. Reducing the damage of the class it will happen? no.

2 - even when gwf died like flies in the beginning of module 6 people complained about the damage because ... that's what they do, even if your class do more damage than the other (just to remember a certain playerbase during m2/m3).

Come up with something that other DPS classes can do that justifies doing 1/4-1/2 the damage of a GWF their ilvl :|
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    urabask said:

It's because the investment required to reach the same performance is much higher for classes other than GWF.

OPs and DCs can justify themselves by keeping the party alive but the only reason you even have parties taking classes other than GWF for DPS slots is because content in the game is easy enough that they don't need a GWF. If we ever get content difficult enough that we actually need GWFs damage over what other DPS classes can deal then we've got a problem.

zacazu said:

the question is simple :

Come up with something that other DPS classes can do that justifies doing 1/4-1/2 the damage of a GWF their ilvl :|
    1 - dont exist a "dps class" here, exist a STRIKER class. understand what that means is the first thing before to discuss balance.

2 - hyperbole or comparison between mediocre performances are not arguments. the specific response about gwf vs rogues, sws and hrs, you can see above. this game just have that 4 striker classes.

3 - stop to be stubborn (and hypocrite) about the balance during the beggining of module 6. down the damage of gwfs dont will bring the importance of healers and defenders. bring some optional DIFFICULT, YES. the rest is some nerd rage.

• Options
    edited December 2015
    zacazu said:

urabask said:

zacazu said:

the question is simple :

1 - dont exist a "dps class" here, exist a STRIKER class. understand what that means is the first thing before to discuss balance.

2 - hyperbole or comparison between mediocre performances are not arguments. the specific response about gwf vs rogues, sws and hrs, you can see above. this game just have that 4 striker classes.

3 - stop to be stubborn (and hypocrite) about the balance during the beggining of module 6. down the damage of gwfs dont will bring the importance of healers and defenders. bring some optional DIFFICULT, YES. the rest is some nerd rage.

Look, we've been through this before. This game isn't D&D, balance is very remotely based on D&D. This is an mmo. The only reason you see the word striker in anything related to the game is so that D&D nerds get convinced this game is more than an MMO with a D&D skin. And really you only still see those words because the game was made around the time fourth edition was made.

Literally everyone in chat doesn't ask for a striker class. They're ask for DPS classes. We don't have controllers because everything in end game content is CC resistant or immune. I mean ffs go read the D&D player's handbook and try to convince everyone that classes actually fufill those roles. If you really get down to it even GWFs perform better at controlling that supposed controllers because they can kill everything fast enough that they don't need anyone to control it.

And again, I didn't ask for them to reduce GWF's damage. I asked for you to come up with something that other classes can do that justifies the massive disparity in amount of damage that they can do compared to GWFs.

And frankly, I don't care about the balance at the beginning of mod 6. I care about the balance now. And nothing about GWFs dealing more damage than other DPS classes has anything to do with healers/defenders. It's relevant to the effectiveness of other DPS classes relative to their ilvl. Increasing difficulty will just increase the gap here because other DPS classes aren't as tanky as GWFs AND they deal a fraction of the damage with little to no upside.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    urabask said:

zacazu said:

urabask said:

zacazu said:

the question is simple :

Look, we've been through this before. This game isn't D&D, balance is very remotely based on D&D. This is an mmo. The only reason you see the word striker in anything related to the game is so that D&D nerds get convinced this game is more than an MMO with a D&D skin. And really you only still see those words because the game was made around the time fourth edition was made.

Literally everyone in chat doesn't ask for a striker class. They're ask for DPS classes. We don't have controllers because everything in end game content is CC resistant or immune. I mean ffs go read the D&D player's handbook and try to convince everyone that classes actually fufill those roles. If you really get down to it even GWFs perform better at controlling that supposed controllers because they can kill everything fast enough that they don't need anyone to control it.

And again, I didn't ask for them to reduce GWF's damage. I asked for you to come up with something that other classes can do that justifies the massive disparity in amount of damage that they can do compared to GWFs.

And frankly, I don't care about the balance at the beginning of mod 6. I care about the balance now. And nothing about GWFs dealing more damage than other DPS classes has anything to do with healers/defenders. It's relevant to the effectiveness of other DPS classes relative to their ilvl. Increasing difficulty will just increase the gap here because other DPS classes aren't as tanky as GWFs AND they deal a fraction of the damage with little to no upside.

some points:

about striker,the word generally used to describe a role does not make difference. the point is understand what that means

attack w/o retaliation is so important in this game that the "stealth" of rogues become a ring accessible for all classes to TRY balance pvp. lets ignore the anti-stealth itens.

during m1, rogues can solo everthing in low gear when this is not possible for other classes, even cws i guess.
    in the beggining of module 6 that is important resource for rogues in pve too and a advantage over gwfs.

and yes, i know about the game changes and stealth changes. is just a historical example.

2 - i agree about controllers - in this case, cws - have more control strength AND/OR some bonus against immune enemies.

3 - you have no idea about the HUGE difference between a gwf today AND a gwf try tank in the beggining of module 6. by the way, no one tank during this times, what you have is ways to use your aggro and other important skills in the favor of a party. a easy example is the scorpion twins in elol.

balance the game NOW is created a scenario similar to what you see in the beggining of module 6. optional, of course. i can tank everthing in epic demon and clean the enemies in seconds, but, in my gear level, w/o sh boons, using my poor allure, my performance in etos is not even close to the laza for example.

4 - the most important: iam not against up the damage of the other strikers. but you need solve first some internal problems of this classes. for example, imagine a sw easy to be played, with a huge damage w/o need stacks or things like that+fable set? dont matter if the enemies hit by 50k or 500k, they just will die.
  • Options
    cortrillion#9371 cortrillion Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hey Zacazu, maybe just ignore the lables you put on a class and tell us what everyone dos in a group. As I see it;

Paladin: renders the party invun so they can tank anything.

DC: builds action points for paladin.

GWF: kills everything.

everyone Else.... "fill in blank"
  • Options
    edited December 2015

in a hard scenario - today, just relative to the gear - a destroyer will... destroy if have a party to protect him. that is what i know and the simple true few modules ago. since then, no class receive some rework (just that new crazy sh boons).

who and how will do that is just my/barracks problem speaking about sentinels and instigators.
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Hey Zacazu, maybe just ignore the lables you put on a class and tell us what everyone dos in a group. As I see it;

Paladin: renders the party invun so they can tank anything.

DC: builds action points for paladin.

GWF: kills everything.

everyone Else.... "fill in blank"

Everyone else .... kills everything (slower than GWF).
    zacazu said:

3 - you have no idea about the HUGE difference between a gwf today AND a gwf try tank in the beggining of module 6. by the way, no one tank during this times, what you have is ways to use your aggro and other important skills in the favor of a party. a easy example is the scorpion twins in elol.

I'm guessing that you misunderstood me when I said GWFs are more tanky than other DPS classes. In English that doesn't mean they're tanks. It just means they can take more damage than other DPS classes.
    zacazu said:

about striker,the word generally used to describe a role does not make difference. the point is understand what that means

Sure it does. Because that's the role that classes actually perform. HR/SW/TR/CW are all taken in parties as DPS. You don't take any of them as controllers because the best way to control mobs is to kill them.
    zacazu said:

in a hard scenario - today, just relative to the gear - a destroyer will... destroy if have a party to protect him. that is what i know and the simple true few modules ago. since then, no class receive some rework (just that new crazy sh boons).

who and how will do that is just my/barracks problem speaking about sentinels and instigators.

He didn't ask you about GWFs. The blank he was asking you fill in was for the non-tank/heal classes.
    zacazu said:

4 - the most important: iam not against up the damage of the other strikers. but you need solve first some internal problems of this classes. for example, imagine a sw easy to be played, with a huge damage w/o need stacks or things like that+fable set? dont matter if the enemies hit by 50k or 500k, they just will die.

Fable set isn't even a factor. They can already kill bosses in seconds so why even bother factoring it into any sort of re-balance? Whoopdeedoo they'll have to hit a boss two times instead of twenty times. That makes a difference. Sure they should fix it but it's still pretty much a non-issue for most players.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    1 - stupidy support for a irrelevant argument here (relevant for a general discussion).

2 / A: Dont use generic terminology to deal with balance discussions, mainly because "tank"is the secondary function of the class.

2 / B - Thanks to the ilustration: other classes have dodge (100% immune to damage) and / or are ranges/INVISIBLE. gwfs , a melee, are not "tanks" (could only get more damage) so they simply die in a truly hostile scenario without appropriate protection and / or perfect positioning. that is the projection gived by the devs in the beggining of module 6, when other roles and tools are importants (including stealth, a striker tool).

3 - has already been answered about hrs, sws, trs and have a ENTIRE MODULE AND PVP TO PROVE MY POINT. cws are not strikers. this class do more damage than the previous is much more serious than the gwf itself. we have 5 modules of partys filled of cws proving it. 5. (today this damage is not much, you just need bring up the others)

4 - understand context is a big problem to you. my point is: non-gwfs bugs or bizarre interactions dont matter here. BUT being cw A CONTROLLER and gf dont be on par to paladins, i think that is just not about other main strikers.

5 - "you are wrong... grrr... but sure that need be fixed". god... by the way, you have an accurate data about how many sws still have this set? that's what I thought...
    Post edited by zacazu on
  • Options
    azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User