test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Note: State of Astral Diamonds

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The ONE thing I hoped would make it to the list is transmute costs. Very disappointing that this has not been adjusted yet. It's what I'd spend most my time on but not for the current price anymore.

I'm glad the companion upgrading costs were lowered although I was hoping it would be even less. Still no chance I'll be upgrading to legendary. Perhaps with the increase in AD earned I may be able to afford one some day so here's hoping :)

Thank you for these changes, though. They are very welcome.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    Are they even reading our suggestions? Doesn't look like it.

Figure out what you think the 'average' player, and that includes a lot of casuals so keep that in mind, should be pulling down per hour of play and scale awards based on that. Diversify AD sources so that players can earn AD their own way rather than the handful of content that you have awarding it currently. Then adjust your fixed AD costs so that said average player can make these purchases in a reasonable timeframe based on their utility in-game.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I am very happy with this changes!! I though companion upgrades should be lower tho!!
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    Companions changes are still too expensive.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I am a casual player and just don't have the time or the willpower to grind, even with a 50% increase. There is just not enough variety for my liking. I'd go as far as saying that this is the primary reason why I am rarely in game at the moment. Companion costings whilst a start, also have no great appeal either. Campaigns though should be addressed much sooner. Whilst overall it's good to see the issue finally being addressed, but from my perspective you are starting with dessert and ignoring the rest of the meal.

Bon appetit!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

@kolatmaster
    that is the creepiest gif I have ever seen you post.

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    This is great! Seems folks are upset because the managers of this game don't simply take all of their suggestions, snap their fingers, and totally upend the economy. That is unrealistic and silly. Baby steps taken with a critical eye to the data makes a lot more sense than massive sweeping changes where the results are unpredictable. Unbelievable that an increase in the daily refining cap that people have been BEGGING for (for a very long time) AND a 50% increase in the AD rewards isn't met with more enthusiasm. When combined with the cost reductions in trade bars and companion upgrades, these changes save players hundreds of thousands of AD. The exploit fix will further reduce the AD to Zen gap making the Zen store more accessible to everyone.

All positive changes and new content coming will really make this a lot more fun and not a tedious boring mess (so long as the inevitable grind through the campaign is not horrible).

Thank you for these changes. They were sorely needed and it's great to see things moving in the right direction.

And now, I must return to the making of many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Right. When taken in conjunction with the Trade Bar change, this is going to have substantial and significant improvements in the game.

I'm very happy with the Trade Bar changes. The reduction in price of C-Wards alone is going to have a dramatic impact on enchantment prices, and the refinement cap bump up 50% is pretty big. And more AD from daily quests, even if you can't reach the cap is still more AD any way you slice it.

Do more changes need to be made? Probably. But there's no reason people shouldn't be excited about these changes.

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    White to Green: was 300,000 AD, now 50,000 AD
    Green to Blue: was 500,000 AD, now 250,000 AD
    Blue to Purple: was 750,000 AD, now 500,000 AD
    Purple to Orange is staying the same (1,000,000 AD)

This is still to much. Cut all that by 50% and we getting somewhere close to what it needs to be.

And nothing of these changes really affects me. I cant make 24k a day because there IS NO WAY TO GAIN AD IN THE GAME. You can make it 1m AD, still wont give me more AD unless you add more ways to gain AD.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    I am insanely happy after reading the changes, the tone of the article is also super welcome. Honest writing, honest attempts for a fix, I respect that.
  • Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Can we get better clarrification on how box players are getting 39k a day? I plan on xbox and I get around 15k a day max... I run 2 dailies, 2 skirms, I typically skip PvP unless I have inventory stuff to do (I skip the fighting and just sit and work on my toon while the rest fight). Then we have invocations...but that can't be more than 3-4k...so where does the rest of it come from?
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    oh, and I'm level 66, so I have to skip the content just to do the chores of getting AD...
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    ezekielpatient0ezekielpatient0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I like the step in the right direction. I really do. I hope the token count is lowered as well, considering how low the AD is now. Still a bit up there with the prices, I would think 50k -> 100k -> 150k -> to like 500k since its that last hump to legendary. Not like a full 200k jump from green to blue then a 250 from blue to purple. But like I said - I like the step in the right direction. :D
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    I like that you guys are adding some changes. Being a legacy player with a LOT of AD I am happy. But I have way too many friends that I've made all their gear because they can't play that long everyday. I mean... lets say you make 30k AD a day.. (lets be real, that sucks). You still only keep making the rich richer, and the poor, well... they are still flat out broke.

I've given over 250 million AD to friends, my guild, you name it. I'm just lucky that I don't have to spend much AD on my current characters and can focus on friends. But man.. I can't get people to pvp in this game because it'd take 5 years to Bis them, and see them not get 1 shot by people in my guild, or EOA, or BTG, and so on.

PVP is a different animal and I get that you guys don't really register competition in this game. So lets talk about PVE. 5 companions. upgrade prices are still insane. We have 5... you release more all the time. Why would anyone in their right mind upgrade a companion lol. 99.99999% of the time its cheaper to just buy the next rank on the AH. I say awesome because I can gear out friends, but not many people have friends like that... you really expect them spend 20-30 million to make a good character making 30k a day with zero loot from any content to sell for a lot?

You have me hooked, I've played since week 2 when I could run CN and make a million AD a day by being good at PVE and farming the HAMSTER out of that dungeon, buy endless RP at 10k a stack and sell it for 200k a stack months later. But not many others did that... And with the good players leaving out of sheer boredom, PLEASE make newer people able to keep up.. PVP is a joke. PVE is so mind numbingly boring... There is so little strategy and so much... Pally hits daily... that its just crazy.

This is still a really great game. And you guys are doing loads in the right direction. But as much as these seem like massive changes compared to late... we had zero changes before, and I'm a fan of constructive criticism so please take this with a huge grain of salt. But you guys need to do MORE. Stop listening to the avg player base as like 80% of them are chinese farmers who make money for endless RP/AD sites. Get in game and talk to people, see what they do, see how much refinement it really does take to get a weapon to legendary... let alone offhand, neck, belt etc... its insane.... I have my main GF that is always best in slot. I pride myself in gearing out my alts with refinement earned in game. And it is almost laughable how long it would take to get something to legendary...

I know working around botters is difficult. But at a certain point, you gotta throw the actual players a bone every now and then. I hope my legacy player, luck of the draw side that got me rich, is not taking priority over the side of me that loves to grind out dungeons, and actually sell what I've earned and that you realize that there is pretty much none of that now... IDK. It is your game, and I love it.. just please.. fix it.. soon before there aren't anymore people to quit.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Another change that is not listed, but is on Preview patch notes right now, is that campaign chest keys now have their AD cost removed:
    The Astral Diamond cost has been removed from the following campaign tasks:
    Sharandar: Malabog's Castle Key
    Dread Ring: Valindra's Tower Key
    Icewind Dale: Kessell's Retreat Key
    Tyranny of Dragons: Mystic Dragon Key
    Tyranny of Dragons: Arcane Dragon Key
    Tyranny of Dragons: Dragon Queen's Key
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    ejziponken wrote: »
    White to Green: was 300,000 AD, now 50,000 AD
    Green to Blue: was 500,000 AD, now 250,000 AD
    Blue to Purple: was 750,000 AD, now 500,000 AD
    Purple to Orange is staying the same (1,000,000 AD)

This is still to much. Cut all that by 50% and we getting somewhere close to what it needs to be.

And nothing of these changes really affects me. I cant make 24k a day because there IS NO WAY TO GAIN AD IN THE GAME. You can make it 1m AD, still wont give me more AD unless you add more ways to gain AD.

Seems to be a fairly good number of ways to gain AD now, but they involve you actually playing the game.

Also let's compare prices shall we;

Going at the cost of Zen in Diamonds on the market, floating in the 400 range, that means an 800 Zen companion is worth (800 * 400) 320,000 Diamonds (the green ones). A 1200 Zen companion (1200 * 400) is 480,000 diamonds at current market value of Zen. A 2500 Zen companion (2500 * 400) is 1,000,000 diamonds at current market value.

So a white to green is now 270,000 diamonds cheaper than the Zen store bought one, and and the blue one is 230,000 diamonds cheaper, and upgrading to a purple is 500,000 diamonds cheaper. I dunno, sounds more like Cryptic is being quite fair in their pricing of the upgrading at this point. But that's my personal take​​
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    This is a very good step in the right direction. Its not perfect but its not bad either. Still have a large numbers of ADs changes needed but for now these changes will make things a bit easier.

One change that I think really needs to be addressed though is to the ZAX, right now it only ever shows 5 listings, Im not sure how the listing are chosen either, is it the 5 highest AD amount? 5 highest Zen request amounts?

Either way I think they should increase the amount of listings shown to 10 or 20 listings. Because most people are going to put in zen and AD requests for what ever amount they see not knowing that there may be cheaper amounts that aren't listed. For example, I just bought 1k zen at 385AD per yet I never once saw the ZAX go below 390.

Adding in more listings would help stop the prices from floating around at the higher end of the scale.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

So a white to green is now 270,000 diamonds cheaper than the Zen store bought one, and and the blue one is 230,000 diamonds cheaper, and upgrading to a purple is 500,000 diamonds cheaper. I dunno, sounds more like Cryptic is being quite fair in their pricing of the upgrading at this point. But that's my personal take​​

Epic companions on the Zen store are 2500 to 3000 Zen or 1 million to 1.2 million AD.

So going from white to purple is still cheaper (50,000 + 250,000 + 500,000 = 800,000).

Of course that begs the question of "Are companion prices still too high?" Or should companions being like Zen mounts and be account bound on purchase?

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This is something a dev would have to clarify, but when referring to "level 60 AD gear", is that the equipment in the general marketplace (where the gear you can buy with AD at any levels really is priced way out of line), or the WB transmutes (as these actually are level 60 equipment with stats)? I wouldn't object to a change in pricing of the latter (especially if transmute costs are lowered... as they should be), but we definitely don't need to lose more visual variety in equipment than we already have.

On that note, I don't know if the marketplace AD equipment sports unique visuals, because of the (former) lack of a preview feature. So my same point applies that if these items have a cosmetic function, adjustments should take that into account.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    vortican said:

This is great! Seems folks are upset because the managers of this game don't simply take all of their suggestions, snap their fingers, and totally upend the economy. That is unrealistic and silly. Baby steps taken with a critical eye to the data makes a lot more sense than massive sweeping changes where the results are unpredictable. Unbelievable that an increase in the daily refining cap that people have been BEGGING for (for a very long time) AND a 50% increase in the AD rewards isn't met with more enthusiasm. When combined with the cost reductions in trade bars and companion upgrades, these changes save players hundreds of thousands of AD. The exploit fix will further reduce the AD to Zen gap making the Zen store more accessible to everyone.

All positive changes and new content coming will really make this a lot more fun and not a tedious boring mess (so long as the inevitable grind through the campaign is not horrible).

Thank you for these changes. They were sorely needed and it's great to see things moving in the right direction.

And now, I must return to the making of many, many pairs of pants.

Even with the companion cost changes and AD earning/refining changes you're probably looking at ~ three to four months worth of playing the game for ~ two to three hours a day to buy and upgrade your companions. And a lot of that is because there are some good companions in lockboxes that are cheaper to buy at epic than upgrade from rare or uncommon.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    nawelennawelen Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I love you guys!!
    These changes are just great!
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Sorry if my question was answered, but, cause of my poor english, i don't understand if :

1) 24 to 36k /day SO 50% more AD with actual gain from Dungeons/Skirm/pvp/Weekly quests ?

OR

2) 24 to 36K /day AND 50% more AD from Dungeons/Skirm/pvp/Weekly quests ?

Ahh and, in same time.. What about Foundry Dailies ?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Giving out a pinch more, but completely ignoring transmutation, Campaign unlock/boon AD costs, SH AD costs, Mount upgrade,... ???

Meh. This AD cost change is like fighting US crime by hiring an additional 10 cops.
  • Options
    chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I was really hoping they'd lower the cost of cubes of augmentation, or at least the amount needed to switch/obtain different artifact weapon skills. Been holding off on doing it in hopes of changes. Nice start though.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    That's nice, companions went from unaffordable, to unaffordable....

Still no addressing transmute costs...? ARE THEY MAKING YOU MORE POWERFUL? Why do they cost way too much still!?
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    urabask said:

Even with the companion cost changes and AD earning/refining changes you're probably looking at ~ three to four months worth of playing the game for ~ two to three hours a day to buy and upgrade your companions. And a lot of that is because there are some good companions in lockboxes that are cheaper to buy at epic than upgrade from rare or uncommon.

That might be true (I really don't know) but so what? Players are not entitled to have all epic companions; they have to earn them or get lucky. At least now it will actually be achievable and worthwhile to upgrade them, even to blue. I have been playing this game since beta and have NEVER upgraded a companion. Not once! Why? Because it was so hard to get AD that I had to spend it on the most necessary needs in order to continue progressing. For the first time, players like me and many casual players will actually be able to own a coalescent ward or an epic companion. It simply wasn't possible unless you botted, cheated, whipped out the credit card, or spent half your life in game playing. For a free to play game, that's no model.

It should be cheaper to get better companions from lockboxes; they have to have a benefit or there's no point to opening them, and it's all random anyway. These now will at least make it reasonably POSSIBLE to upgrade a companion and create better enchantments for players who don't have all day to play or want to spend hundreds of dollars. If they keep doing things like this, people like me might actually spend real money some day.

Earn reasonable amounts of AD by actually playing the game?! Whodathunkit?!
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    If the salvage ADs keeps the same, we will still earn less ADs than before. I think it is hard to raise the cap without changing the zax cap because zax is 400 now. I hope I could be wrong. Raising caps and ADs earning rate influence all aspects of fixed AD costs. Transmutation and boons costs, their way is smart actually. But I am just worried about ZAX.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Clarification: are the salvaging rAD amounts being changed?

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

This discussion has been closed.