What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC/XBOX] Bug Report: Stuck On Map / Unable to Interact with Anything

Comments

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    same here impossible to play its vry annoying :/
  • brutusvangelisbrutusvangelis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    My problem persists, I'm still stuck in Moonstone Mask #1. I'm now logged in for over an hour and still got no word from a GM.

Salt aside, the things for those concerned that still work are interactions with other SCs, like trading or group invites. The professions and all interactions with my inventory seem to work fine too.

I also discovered that joining a queue results in forming a group, while your are not transferred to them.

I my case I tried to enqueue for PvP Domination and was accepted. As the group formed I wasn't transferred to the map. That's a problem that happened to me before, especially if I changed the map while enqueued for PvP. Now I am still stuck in the moonstone mask, but I'm in group with the other players on the battleground. My group informs me that the match proceeds normally. I tried to leave the party but it didn't work.

As the match ended I was released from the party but my situation didn't chance at all I am still a captor in the Moonstone Mask.
    edited November 2015
    same thing here and no word yet
    stucked in instance #34 in PE :neutral:
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    Same here, only I'm stuck in Rothe Valley. There's nothing to do here!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Forwarded reports to Andy, to forward to the devs. Has anyone found a solution to this that works every time?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    ty @kreatyve I hope there is a quick fix :smiley:
  • memawmaymemawmay Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem that it seems a lot of people are having, I hope this is fixed soon.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I can only speak for myself....updating everything and running the Force Verify work'd for me. May not work for everyone.

Maybe it's a graphic card issue. I had to switch to my backup Nvidia card a few days ago since the fan die'ded on my Radeon. It's a longshot.
  • bankatushenkibankatushenki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    9 hours ago my hr trapper trapped in same trap >:) In 1st inst of caer kenig, cant interract with anything. On other chars all normal. That begun since i tried to change inst with vip and got kicked from server than choose "safe mod" after logback and now i dont know what to do... Devs gonna fix it atleast with mod8?
    we hope so :neutral:
    guys idk whats going on BUT after a new "forced verify" and run the game with "safemod" the interact button appeared!!!!!!
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User

Ok, I guess there isnt anything else to do but wait then! Ive sent a ticket to support, hopefully they can lift me out of Caer-Konig, and then I hope the Devs find a solution to this problem so it doesnt keep happening.

Thx for all your replies!

Out of curiosity, do you belong to any faction at the moment?

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

Forced verify and safe mode changed nothing for me, sadly. So it's not a sure fix.
  • sharky445sharky445 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    Same here stuck yesterday at dread ring and stuck again...BUG that makes it impossible to leave or interact with anything or pick up any loot.....seems to be something for themt ro fix asap come patch day or b4!
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Moderator Notice:
    To aid the Devs by having these reports in one place, I've merged several threads into one and placed this here in Tech Support, as well as updated the Subject Title to reflect that it affects both platforms.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're working with the devs to solve this issue. If you're experiencing this, please submit a ticket to support so that we can track it. Thank you!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• bankatushenkibankatushenki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Thx for the help logged hour ago and all good now ;)

But! I went in CaerKoenig again without crash got same bug in inst#1 (on same char - hr). :*
    Post edited by bankatushenki on
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This has happened to me twice in 2 week on 2 characters. The first time I was playing my GWF and when I tried to leave Dread Ring I got kicked from the game and a message saying "Unable to load character container" and then it went to the log in screen. After logging back in I got the little thing about normal log in or safe log in and I picked normal, after that I couldn't interact with NPCs, couldn't leave.

I bought a PE teleport scroll from the bazaar and both that and the VIP moonstone mask teleport just went through the animation but did not teleport me. After that I used the request GM help/stuck/unable to load a character or transfer map tab to submit a ticket and then switch to my other character and played for a while and then when I finally switched back I was no longer stuck.

The second time happened today while was playing my TR and when I tried to leave IWD I got the same thing as last time, kicked from the game/unable to load character container/log back in/stuck and cant interact. This time I picked safe log in but Im still stuck so Im going to try staying completely logged out for 30 mins and see it that fixes it.

Edit: Just logged in after being offline for about an hour and a half and Im still stuck. Found out that I could still interact with proffessions. Trying the GM route and logging off for the night, hopefully it'll be fixed when I wake up.
    Post edited by snotty on
  • mhoramettemhoramette Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Ok, so some updated information on this: I got my character out of Caer-Konig by waiting for primetime when there were 3 instances up or more, and kept relogging until I was out of instance #1. Then everything worked fine, I could interact with NPC's and teleport out of there. Today I went back, on the same toon and got stuck again, the exact same way. So it seems like this happens whenever there arent more than 2 instances available, and it seems to be a character specific problem, I have 7 other toons with access to Caer-Konig and Ive tried them all today after my TR got stuck again, and none of them have the issue. And yes, they all went to instance #1, I've been paying attention to this ;).

So the fix seems to be to wait for primetime when there are more instances up and relogging until you get put into another instance. I'm talking to customer service about this, hopefully there will be something they can do to resolve this issue.
  • mhoramettemhoramette Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    l3thin4th said:

Ok, I guess there isnt anything else to do but wait then! Ive sent a ticket to support, hopefully they can lift me out of Caer-Konig, and then I hope the Devs find a solution to this problem so it doesnt keep happening.

Thx for all your replies!

Out of curiosity, do you belong to any faction at the moment?
    Nope, no faction since I cant interact with the npc's, can't take quests or anything.
    Whatever the reason behind this bug was, the server maintenance fixed it. I'm just glad to be able to play my main charakter again :)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Since this problem had arose lately it must have to do with one or the latest patch respectively. Happened to me today, same symptoms, same problems. Filed a ticket like some hrs ago.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • treveantalostreveantalos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    My main character has been chilling in caer konig since midnight last night with all the same problems you guys are talking about can't interact with anything he is chilling in instance one. This has to get resolved soon come on now almost 14 hours of downtime for my main character put in like 4 tickets and e-mailed them u would think they would want me to keep spending my money on this game however 14 hours of nothingness....... :(
    woo hoo i'm free if u are stuck sit idle until it logs out that is what worked for me try that :smiley:
    omg i'm stuck again in caer konig unstuck for five minutes went back to finish quests and stuck again in instance 1 this is so stupid fix this problem
    good job neverwinter still stuck 15hours and counting :s:s
  • dysgruntleddysgruntled Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am having the exact same problem in Sharandar. Sent in a GM ticket about 7 hours ago, but still no fix. It seems that the bugs are going from inconvenient or annoying to completely preventing gameplay for hours and is making me reconsider renewing VIP.
  • sartan360sartan360 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    On xbox the bug spreads like a virus, now 6/100 guildmates are affected.
    Still only on our main toons, most of them are from week 1.
    All affected characters have atleast 1 RunicBag.

Tempfix, that seem to work for Xbox:
    Logout your toon.
    Reset secondary/alternative mac-adress in advanced networksettings,
    this will trigger a full hard reset.
    Login and pray that you can interact again.
    Succes rate. 8/10 this far.

ok stuck again in instance 1 of caer konig how can we resolve this issue
    character name wowser@treveantalos
    come on guys i spend alot of money here i like the game alot please don't make me quit due to stupid fixes....
    :s:s:s
    just get this resolved add instances so we have a better chance of not hitting the same instance because i can play on instance 2 but i can't transfer.....
  • bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    i had a failed teleport yesterday and chose the safe login for the game(that specific toon). since then, that toon is stuck in protectors enclave and cannot interact with any vendors or use the travel portal. I cannot use the bank or the mailbox...anything that requires me to use the key "F" to interact does not work...however i can still open my bags, use items from my bags, invoke dismiss and summon companios.
    has anyone else had this issue before?
    i submitted a ticket but nothing yet
    any ideas would be appreciated..thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.