test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post screenshots of the character who used the free Change Appearance Token!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
With an extremely successful Hide and Seek event, everyone was able to receive a free Change Appearance Token over the weekend.

I wanna see how your characters turned out! Post your screenshots :)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Zysh'dryala Neirdre, one of my GWFs.

I always thought she looked a bit alien-like before, so I used the token on her:

Before:

After:
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Wait do we have a free apparence token? 0.0
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    rayrdan said:

Wait do we have a free apparence token? 0.0

It was in the Zen store over the weekend, it was advertised several times in game via admin message. If you didn't claim it, I'm sorry but you missed it. It was reward for the Hide and Seek event.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    This is Alustrial before I used it.

This is after. I changed her hair and her tattoo and gave her a scar over her eye. Sorry if the lighting is bad in the Tower of Alteration.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015

You went from alien to creepy Doll head not much of an inprovement.

bwahaha! Well, it was Halloween! I actually didn't notice it before but now that you've said it, all I can see is a creepy doll face. lol :dizzy:
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Don't feel bad, Zeb. "Creepy doll head" is pretty much what elf ladies are stuck with in the new head models.

I saw my Zen store icon light up on Sunday and claimed the freebie but haven't applied it. It's more in reserve if I decide I didn't get a newish character's body proportions exactly right, which is my usual circumstance for changing appearances. Can't use it on any of my old characters; they'd be ruined. The few that I had previously "needed" to fix, I already paid for awhile ago.

I didn't see any admin notices about the claim, and I don't tune them out, as anyone who's ever gotten a congrats! from me about a lockbox win can attest. How long did the distribution window last anyway? I was expecting a tweet or a forum post or something to say they were finally available when they were delayed on Friday, but all the notice I got was my glowy UI on Sunday. I imagine a lot of people missed it for similar reasons.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I was really looking forward to this and I missed it. Two others I play with missed it too. None of us saw any admin messages notifying us it was available and we played all weekend. I read those things when they come up. Any possibility they didn't appear for everyone, or, often enough?

No one in my guild mentioned it, no one in zone chat, anywhere, mentioned it, which is really odd because there are always people in PE who will say when there's something to claim.

So much advertising about the event itself and then hardly anything advertising the reward. Had been watching and checking in the days after the event too, wondering when it would be available.

Really bummed. Such a simple fun thing, missed again.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    verdonix1 said:

I never saw a message saying that there was a time limit.... I saw the token there in the store and I saw one message saying it was there, however I never saw anything stating that it was "use it or lose it" :(

Here in the official discussion thread on the event.

It's coming shortly. We've actually decided to have it be available the whole weekend. Remember, this is a one per account thing, so choose your character wisely!

zebular said:

zebular said:

They'll be coming soon so they can bleed into the Masquerade Event better. You should see them in about two hours.

Not seeing the point of "bleeding into the event better" as the event has been running since yesterday. I fail to see how you bleed it any better than that in 2 hours.

Other than that, are you sure about that 2h timeframe? Strum said we'd get it on Halloween, which is not today, but tomorrow.
    Actually, the article said by 10am PT on the 30th. In any case, Strum just replied here which shows why it was delayed, to make it a weekend claim instead of one day. Meaning it will fit in with the Event better by "bleeding" into Halloween itself. ;)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Ewww Zeb:P
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    My big problem with the reward is it was meant to be available for a longer period which is why initial delivery was delayed, but then the notification that it was actually available apparently went largely unnoticed. I also was playing all weekend and saw no broadcasts.

I also kinda derped on how it would be distributed and was looking at the reward vendor (since a token can be packed in an account-bound wrapper item like the one in the first time buyer pack) and only checked the Zen store due to serendipity. I know that part is my own fault.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    The broadcast went out on Friday. Unfortunately I don't think there were any broadcasts after that over the weekend. I'll talk to Andy about it. :(
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    why r people angry, this is how as far as i can remember any community goal reward has been its up for one day if u don't claim it its gone, the reason this wasn't echoed by many players was cos it wasn't really important for many if it were a blood ruby the forums wod have been buzzing aba it for 2 weeks
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2015
    verdonix1 said:

I do not think that a thread on the forum is enough of a notification on the specific nature of this "prize" .... Why not award it to us and leave it there for a 1 time redeem.... they have done it that way before.,,,, With their sub par server performance, their less than adequate patch testing, and their decimation of the game economy without putting fixes in place to lower costs (50,000 AD STILL!! to transmute a piece of gear and FORGET about the Stronghold costs) You would think they "owe" their customer base a little bit better than a quiet 2-1/2 day claim timer.

Yes, I said "OWE" before the "fan boys" jump in with "it's a free game shut up they don't owe you anything". With the coin I have dropped in the past on this game, I feel I am OWED at least a playable game..... let's talk about IP Address 198.49.243.253 and how after a month it is STILL not fixed. So yeah, telling us we "won" something and then sneakily putting a time limit on it without adequate notification just seems like another underhanded tactic that has become the "norm".

I'm sorry, It's how I feel.

I understand your frustration with everything except for the free Change Appearance Token. It was a fun event, which many players enjoyed. Those who participated knew about the prize and retrieved it. I can't understand why you're complaining about a free item that was promoted in our blogs, forums and social channels. My one question is, did you participate?

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    no problem, its not an apparence token that will improve player experience.
    happy for those that could claim it tho
    i dont know how i could miss it honestly, i actually spend more time here than playing the game :D
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    So this is me and my TwistedZister (companion)

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Well i dont have 'real' ss of my dorfy pally Chędożony Tank taken before change but avatar
    Before

After

200_s.gif
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I don't need an appearance change token to better my invoking/leadership experience, just meaningful game improvements.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Last year I was a kitten for the Masquerade. Used the change appearance to modify the skin and hair to go as a wandering monster. :)

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    anomaleaanomalea Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I understand your frustration with everything except for the free Change Appearance Token. It was a fun event, which many players enjoyed. Those who participated knew about the prize and retrieved it. I can't understand why you're complaining about a free item that was promoted in our blogs, forums and social channels. My one question is, did you participate?
    The outcomes of these events leave such a sour taste.

Christmas last year, participated hugely with two characters. Wrapping up on the last day with my 1st, watched the messages for the server going down and with several minutes to spare, switched to my second to pick up the item I'd spent countless hours working toward - only to find I couldn't get back on, because, apparantly there's another (login) server, or somesuch, that was shut down earlier without announcement. Huge disappointment.

The other hide-n-seek event held awhile back (can't remember the name of it). Really tried to participate, but couldn't get into the right instance because it was always full. Quit in frustration.

This hide'n'seek event. Wasn't going to participate because of the last one, but read that the previous issues were addressed and decided to give it a try. It is for fun, after all, and I appreciate the time and effort put in to host these. Checked the forum after to find out when the prize would be given - nothing. Checked the next day - nothing. Oh well, like everything else they advertise - including other giveaways - they'll put a note in the News section and I'll find out then. I have no reason to think that won't happen, just thought I'd find out early in the forum. Several days go by with no notice. Decide to check the forum again...to find out it's over. Another disappointment.

These events are to drum up enthusiasm and provide some fun. I really look forward to them. I enjoy the commeraderie of the other participants while working toward my goals, thinking warm, fuzzy, thoughts of the people that made it all possible. But my trust in actually seeing them to a fruitful ending is gone. And with it, a willingness to participate.

Did I need a sled? No, I had a faster mount. But the sled looked fun! Do I need an appearance-change token? There are a few things that bug me about my characters (that I haven't changed because it costs way to much to buy a token), but ultimately, no, I don't need one. But it would have been fun! And that's why we play games, right? That's why these events exist and why we participate. For fun!

I don't understand the reluctance to make sure people knew about the availability of the token. It was just supposed to be for fun.

• Options
    yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    the contest and reward announcement were up for about 2 weeks, i think u r just mad at yourself for not noticing it, honestly why r u frustrated about an appearance change token it it were blood rubies i would understand but appearance change token??
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will have to say, the event was announced, the rewards were announced, if you missed it , you missed it.
    This has nothing to do with the shortcomings of the company.
    Maybe the most you can say, is that maybe they couldve held it up for a week instead of just 2-3 days or whatever it was.

There are legitimate things to complain about (costing) and there is things that if you missed, you missed. ITs a change token, not the end of the world.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback, guys. I totally get your frustrations here. The best thing the community moderation team can do is listen, absorb the feedback and make changes next time we do something like this. Overall, the response from the event was extremely positive, which was good. But we can always listen to feedback and structure things differently for next time around.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Sorry, cant, coz this HAMSTER is all i see:

*slowly claps his hands*

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    I always have trouble doing screen shots with ARC, have been able to do them with steam but rarely use steam, any hints on how to take them with ARC and how to retrieve them, I have no idea how to access the file or even where it's located
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    So Sorce decided to read up on some dark magic and thought he could handle GOD LIKE POWERS! Instead, the spells whittled away his vibrant youth and looks. Now shamed, he searches for a spell to bring back his vibrant blue hair. A new goal as he quests forth around the Sword Coast.

Before messing with magics:

After the spell backfired
    :
  • Options
    neilburtonneilburton Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Damn, played pretty much all weekend and didn't see anything about this :(
    IT Guru & avid gamer since 1981