test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Improved Trade Bar Store

Comments

• Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I see that the ADX and AH will be experiencing another avalanch with the Trabe Bar changes. I do have a couple of questions:
    1. How will this effect Zen Coupons from invocation? (half the coupons that drop seem to be for fashion items)
    2. Will the Trade Bars and Silvery Dragon Scales be combining into 1 currency? (Please)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If all Zen fashion are being moved I hope the prices are a little more reasonable like 50-75 bars a piece. The current 500 per piece for the current ones makes my heart shrivel up.
  • Options
    caycepollardcaycepollard Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I don't =ever= buy lockboxes/keys in any games. I don't like the idea of money-for-rng, i prefer "i want this, i give you money, i get the thing." How is this a good situation for players like me? I actually liked buying fashion/dye items from the store. Now I won't, because I don't buy lockbox keys.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User

I don't =ever= buy lockboxes/keys in any games. I don't like the idea of money-for-rng, i prefer "i want this, i give you money, i get the thing." How is this a good situation for players like me? I actually liked buying fashion/dye items from the store. Now I won't, because I don't buy lockbox keys.

Think in the reverse. You can either spend say 1000 Zen to buy a fashion item, and get that fashion item. Or with the Trade Bar rework, you can spend 1000 Zen on keys to open up the lockboxes, get whatever stuff drops from those (maybe you get lucky, right?) and then use the trade bars you get to buy the same fashion item.

Also, it substantially ups the value of a VIP membership. With that 1 key a day, you'll earn about 150 trade bars a month, or roughly (based on this blogs estimates on the value/cost) 3000 Zen worth of guaranteed fashion/dye items from the store, which you can buy in the trade bar shop.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Think in the reverse. You can either spend say 1000 Zen to buy a fashion item, and get that fashion item. Or with the Trade Bar rework, you can spend 1000 Zen on keys to open up the lockboxes, get whatever stuff drops from those (maybe you get lucky, right?) and then use the trade bars you get to buy the same fashion item.

Also, it substantially ups the value of a VIP membership. With that 1 key a day, you'll earn about 150 trade bars a month, or roughly (based on this blogs estimates on the value/cost) 3000 Zen worth of guaranteed fashion/dye items from the store, which you can buy in the trade bar shop.
    You will actually likely spend even more now to get your fashion. And seriously, wait a month to buy a fashion item? 150 bars does not even come close to equaling 3000 Zen. That would be saying that those tradebar mounts that are single use cost over 20000 Zen. 15000-20000 Zen non-account bound mount!
  • Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited October 2015

metalldjt said:

i am not sure about this changes, as they are cheaper on the vendor, we are goin to sell them cheaper on Auction House.

basically the lesser negations etc will drop in price, this is another hit on the market honestly.

Yes, this change should have the effect of dramatically lowering the prices on weapon and armor enchantments.

How is cheaper enchantments a bad thing for the players again?
    Well i'n not a fan of pw/ctypt ppl, or moderators, but, this time i have to agree with you, lower prices seens awesome for me. even more for those with more than one char.
  • Options
    ultimateblu#0961 ultimateblu Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    this looks great, i can see that as the game has grown a lot of things need to be recalibrated and that trade bar store never looked that appealing even to me as a newcomer.

but also please consider recalibrating rewards from chests and campaigns throughout the world at level 70...it's sort of out of alignment. as some thigns are still offering level 60 things but you must already be level 70 to do those quests/campaigns. and also price reductions on campaign currencies would be welcome, speaking as a new player.

i mean some of the campaign rewards that you buy with campaign currencies are upgrades, yes. but not by very much and you have to wait a long, long time to even get them. there is a huge power gap between fresh level 70s and those that have been around a while, and right now, it's a little too hard to find a way to bridge that gap...because the game limits how much your efforts are worth.

the more effort someone puts into something, the more they should get out of it as well. but there are so many time limits, currency limits, quest repeat limits.

doing this, will not really affect the majority of your senior player base, because they have or can afford better stuff for their mains and alts...but it would be very "friendly" to new people to join the game and adjust to the huge difference in play style once you get to 70 and to be of some use....because sometimes, even when doing some little nothing quest out in icewind, some people will not give a damn if you are around or die, because you will just slow them down, and they really can't be bothered to care.
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    While I am in favor of lowering the prices of items already in the trade bar store, I do not see benefits in the other changes.

If I want to buy a stone of health, fashion, or dye item now, I make ad, convert it to the proper amount of zen and buy the item from the zen shop.

Now, I will need to make ad, convert it to zen, buy keys, open boxes, then collect trade bars until I have enough to buy the item at the trade bar merchant. To make this convoluted process even worse, the trade bars are governed by the RNG... Even if I know how many trade bars something costs, I wont know how much ad/zen I need because the lockbox may give out 10 bars, it may give out 1. I can end up paying 10x as much for an item on an unlucky day compared to day where I am lucky. Who wants to shop in a store that changes your cost based on luck?

Personally, I think these changes will nearly kill the sales of fashion items and dyes.

IMHO, if you want to sell more fashion items and dyes, maybe you can add a few more? There has not been a fashion item added to the zen store since mod2 (iirc) except for the one pack that forced you to buy a companion and fashion set in one, and most people I know that got that fashion item regretted the way it looked.

If you are trying to drum up key sales, maybe increase the chances of something actually worth something dropping... Since me and my friends are on VIP, we get the daily key and it is rare that something drops that would be worth even the price of a key at 40% off. We get a lot of companion fortification kits, and artifact packs... even though I have not seen any artifacts in a "artifact" pack since mod3.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Coal wards STILL unbound I hope?!

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone, it looks like an older version of the blog actually got posted that didn't have the full list of all the new items being added to the trade bar store as well as all of their prices. Andy is taking care of getting that updated, and you should see the changes soon.

In addition, I'd like to clarify that no bind statuses on existing items in the trade bar store are changing, and that by in large most of the items being added retain their bind status from other locations, for the most part Bind on Equip. Only a handful of new items, namely the dusk armor pieces available in the trade bar store will be bound, Bound to Account on Pickup.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    asterdahl said:

Hey everyone, it looks like an older version of the blog actually got posted that didn't have the full list of all the new items being added to the trade bar store as well as all of their prices. Andy is taking care of getting that updated, and you should see the changes soon.

In addition, I'd like to clarify that no bind statuses on existing items in the trade bar store are changing, and that by in large most of the items being added retain their bind status from other locations, for the most part Bind on Equip. Only a handful of new items, namely the dusk armor pieces available in the trade bar store will be bound, Bound to Account on Pickup.

Most welcoming news indeed. Thank you for the update!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone,
    The blog has been updated to give a complete list of what's going to be in the new store.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    WOW! AWESOME!
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Hey everyone,
    The blog has been updated to give a complete list of what's going to be in the new store.

Oh my goodness! By Mystra, I must be entering Mechanus! Thank you!!!

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Holy Hannah, you guys invented white dye.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

I will say... tentative awesome. @strumslinger - Will these items be BoE, BoP, or BoC?

@blackjackwidow Which items are you referring to?
    @strumslinger - All of the items. BoE would be my preference, but I guess that coal wards will be BoA (hopefully not BoP, regardless of the ability to transfer trade bars to other characters).

Here's the main reason I asked: It's stated that fashion, dyes, lesser health stones and scrolls of mass life will be moving from the Zen store to the tradebar store. There will be a time frame where they will be available in both, but will eventually be removed from the Zen store. If these items are then also bound to whomever collects them, people who don't buy lock box keys will have no way to attain them.

Let's just take a Greater Stone of Health as an example: I can buy one from the Zen store, then sell it on the AH for a bit of profit in astral diamonds. The person who buys it, presumably doesn't have any Zen or needs the Greater Stone of Health more than they need the diamonds atm. The 'free to play' person can obtain the GSoH either by buying it from the AH or buying Zen with astral diamonds.

If the GSoH is moved to the trade bar store, and is bound on pickup/character/account, then there is no way to get a GSoH unless you buy lock box keys (or are a VIP member).

Now, please don't misunderstand, I'm not screaming about unfair practices or anything. From a purely selfish viewpoint, I'm a VIP member, I always buy the 40% off key when I get a coupon, I have a decent enough amount of tradebars on one character, it won't affect me all that much. I don't deal in trade bar store items on the auction house.

But I do hope that at the very least, the items being moved from the zen store to the trade bar store will remain BoE, so that they are obtainable by playing the game without the need to open lock boxes.
  • Options
    asterdahl said:

That's wonderful news. Seeing as how it must have taken me an hour to write my last post, I essentially missed this wonderful news.

(you still had me going with the "by and large", but since you've named the dusk armor pieces, I'm great with that! lol)
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Holy Hannah, you guys invented white dye.

:smiley:I thought you could get white dye from the dragon scale merchant?

nvm, it's called white dye, but it's red and white.
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Wow is best news ever for game, good job guys :)
  • Options
    800 for a green companion is pretty steep.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The list mentions a bottle of white dye!?

Bottle of White Dye 2

ghoulz66 said:

I agree.. they should at least be blue quality for that price...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bioshrike said:

The list mentions a bottle of white dye!?

ghoulz66 said:

I agree.. they should at least be blue quality for that price...
    Wait a minute, the phase spider is blue and costs 800!

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Could be Draconic White Dye. I don't see any Draconic (black, red, green, blue, and white) Dyes listed, so perhaps they got merged together with the regular dye color list by mistake and the White one is Draconic White Dye. If not... and we finally get a white dye, this will be the best module ever (for me). Been asking and wishing for a single white dye since Alpha. :P
  • Options
    paukan007paukan007 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is the WORST improvement ever proposed, and one big step to new level-cap.

Having 2 or 3 accounts with cheapest VIP I can earn up to 30 bars daily. So, my character can reach equip cap about a month or two. With NO use of ZEN Shop at all. What's next? 80 lvl? 90? 100? Bind on equip ALL stones and kill auction shop at all?

From "Drider" with love.
    Bear. Vodka. Balalaika. :D
  • Options
    nokthurnokthur Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hmm.. well I like the price reduction and the introduction of new items to the trading bar vendor.
    But I fear the removal of the wards from the zen store might increase the price for the preservation and Coalescent wards.
    It all depends on the average amount of trade bars dropping from a lockbox.
  • Options
    nokthur said:

But I fear the removal of the wards from the zen store might increase the price for the preservation and Coalescent wards.
    It all depends on the average amount of trade bars dropping from a lockbox.

Are you kidding? Almost every player is VIP, some of them have more than one account. Preservation Wards will be cheap as HAMSTER. The only way to save market is nerfing bar drop ratio at least twice.
    From "Drider" with love.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

i am not sure about this changes, as they are cheaper on the vendor, we are goin to sell them cheaper on Auction House.

basically the lesser negations etc will drop in price, this is another hit on the market honestly.

this will make the player not use auction house as before.

so players wont be able to gain any more profit from those items, while players will prefer to open lockboxes.

Are you kidding me? These changes are bloody awesome. Stop finding fault with everything in this game. This is the best news yet since everything went to pot.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    lirithiel said:

This is the best news yet since everything went to pot.

The best news for those who do not want to do anything :smile: And one day you will say "Boooriiing!" :D
    From "Drider" with love.