What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's talk about objective-stealers

13»

Comments

• Options
    nightshift56#8963 nightshift56 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Most of the time when I get an objective stolen, the offender is so close that my A button brings up the option list for them instead of triggering the objective. I make use of that by filling out a report on them. The upgraded reporting command lets you add a note so you can mention the quest objective was stolen after I defeated the associated foes. I don't know if it really does any good, but it makes me feel better and if the offender does get banned for it then maybe they will think twice next time.
  • Options
    nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I had one of them strolling around in dread ring next to me, I blocked him btw, he was always on his mount, roaming around and quickly approaching once I was engaged in a fight... But my gwf is mighty and he was to slow lol so effectively he got nothing from me but he tried hard xD

I then followed him for like 3 mins doing nothing else, just follow him, hoping he gets paranoid haha.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • Options
    upcasthorizon32upcasthorizon32 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    So what is the general rule about helping out when riding by a fight,i always watch to see how fight goes before moving on to my quest
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Well if you want to help, then help. But if it is an OBJ where only 1 person may claim it, then you should let the person who was there first claim it
  • Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User

So what is the general rule about helping out when riding by a fight,i always watch to see how fight goes before moving on to my quest

I'll throw a few hits but NEVER inflict so much damage I potentially steal a kill that could count towards one of their objectives ...of course on the reverse I would never turn down help from others even if it cost me a few objective kills.

• Options
    ragamffn#8871 ragamffn Member Posts: 8 Arc User

But if it is an OBJ where only 1 person may claim it, then you should let the person who was there first claim it

Should. A tricky word. Who died and made you boss? Where is it in the rules that says we should apply some real world moral imperative to this game? As in any group mechanic there are good and bad, saints and sinners, the just and the asinine. But don't try to impose your moral compass bearings on me. Don't.

That being said, there are more times than I care to count that my main DC has been whittling down the 25 + 25 WoD weekly critters only to have some a$$face TR come and wipe the whole mob with one button press and wander off probably thinking he did me a favor.

One painfully obvious fact you may come to realize is that the idiots running rampage through the world are for the most part woefully oblivious to the pain and inconvenience they leave in their slime trail. The rest are sociopaths. It's a cold cold world out there and it's effects are painfully obvious in game.

And while our moral bearings probably pretty much line up, as far as *should* goes, sod off!

• Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

But if it is an OBJ where only 1 person may claim it, then you should let the person who was there first claim it

Should. A tricky word. Who died and made you boss? Where is it in the rules that says we should apply some real world moral imperative to this game? As in any group mechanic there are good and bad, saints and sinners, the just and the asinine. But don't try to impose your moral compass bearings on me. Don't.

That being said, there are more times than I care to count that my main DC has been whittling down the 25 + 25 WoD weekly critters only to have some a$$face TR come and wipe the whole mob with one button press and wander off probably thinking he did me a favor.

One painfully obvious fact you may come to realize is that the idiots running rampage through the world are for the most part woefully oblivious to the pain and inconvenience they leave in their slime trail. The rest are sociopaths. It's a cold cold world out there and it's effects are painfully obvious in game.

And while our moral bearings probably pretty much line up, as far as *should* goes, sod off!

Given the way that threads are being closed due to flaming on the forum now, could that response not have been couched in a more civil manner, or is there a new objective quest of thread closure rates around that we don't know about? :)
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    @ragamffn#8871 Are you really insulting me because I said people should not steal objectives? Really? But then go on to say that you get upset when people steal your objectives? You seem to be contradicting yourself, and seem to be completely confused.
  • Options
    meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    ha ragmuffin seems to be an objective stealer that likes to complain about objective stealers. Oh the irony
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @opalsuns your member snuff~something literally just did this to me in Sharandar with the sick elves - I fought the group and he ran in at the last second to stand right on top of the elf to prevent me from finishing whilst he grabbed it. Deliberately blocked me so the only selectable thing was his name.

There's a big difference between competitive spirit and being a **** and as he's running around with an Asylum tag he's not doing your guild's rep any favors.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    domm2#5989 domm2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm not sure I understand people's complaint. If you hit a target once, you get credit for the kill, don't you? Whether you land the killing blow or not. I suppose it'd be lame if someone comes in, hits the target once, and then leaves to let you finish it off, but that doesn't seem to be what people are complaining about.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Wow this is some serious <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going on in here...anyways. It happens everyday, every minute all the time. Is it always intentional? Maybe on person has been fighting the mob while another person happens to bring another mob into it. Both players wipe the ads then both go for the objective. Just saying <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens.

And really what's the worse that happens? You have to sit there for 1 whole minute or move to the next place that the objective will pop up at.
    It happens to all of us. Shrug it off and move on.

for the people who comes in when you've agro a mob and they grab what they need and go, screw it, you've already been fighting them. Grab your piece/part and go.
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

@opalsuns your member snuff~something literally just did this to me in Sharandar with the sick elves - I fought the group and he ran in at the last second to stand right on top of the elf to prevent me from finishing whilst he grabbed it. Deliberately blocked me so the only selectable thing was his name.

There's a big difference between competitive spirit and being a **** and as he's running around with an Asylum tag he's not doing your guild's rep any favors.

Don't worry, Asylum has a horrible reputation in-game if the chat is anything to go by. Always see people complaining about them.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    LOL Had a nolifer do this to me yesterday unfortunately for him I was grouped up with two pallies they went and drew all the aggro to him then bubbled up and watched him squirm lol

He didn't succeed a second time (although he did try) :)