test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's talk about objective-stealers

Comments

• attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    when entering Dwarf Valley and Icewind Pass every day for dailies, I call out for groups as a Ten Town DC. I've yet to get a single group invite. If you don't help out those looking for help, expect to have your nodes stolen when possible, because I'll be damned if I'm going to spend 5 mins clearing out a mine entrance. I get no "joy" out of it, but I do get joy out of not burning 5 mins for nothing.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    I do more than my fair share of helping people out. There are people on this MB that can vouch to that.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User

But see, if it has happened to you, why would you purposefully do it to someone else. Seems like you are still traumatized about someone jacking your OBJ, now you feel you need to take it out on others.

i don't know why you would take it out on others. but i have/will do the same action to the person who purposely does it to me. it has nothing to do with trauma. and clearly if someone wants to play like that, then they will have no problem when it's done to them. and if they do have a problem, well they can think about how they want to engage other people going forward.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    I have actually been followed by someone, while on my Pally, he followed me to 2 trees for sap. He stood behind me, let me kill everything, and then right when I swung my final strike he ran up and hit "A" on the tree...TWICE. So next tree, I aggro'd EVERYTHING around the area drew everything to where he was and stood at the tree sap. I am a pally with huge HP and Defense, he was a HAMSTER HR. He ran away like a little girl when he saw he could no longer steal what I worked for.

Granted that is one case, in Sharandar, but it has happened in every different area I have been in and it is ridiculous to say the least.

I have actually been followed by someone, while on my Pally, he followed me to 2 trees for sap. He stood behind me, let me kill everything, and then right when I swung my final strike he ran up and hit "A" on the tree...TWICE. So next tree, I aggro'd EVERYTHING around the area drew everything to where he was and stood at the tree sap. I am a pally with huge HP and Defense, he was a HAMSTER HR. He ran away like a little girl when he saw he could no longer steal what I worked for.

Granted that is one case, in Sharandar, but it has happened in every different area I have been in and it is ridiculous to say the least.

Well that my friend is an HAMSTER way of playing, I would never go out of my way to play like that.

• acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User

Why wouldn't you help the person who was at that objective first? You see they are trying to do the objective and get whatever, why would you seriously steal what they were clearly working to get?

It's not stealing anything, it's an open free world game. I could just completely take it and leave without helping if I wanted to but I DO help so save it for someone else. Besides, if you take a piece of expired meat off of a tree then yes it is gone from the tree "for you" but it's still visible for the next person to grab and half of the time the game still gives you the objective if you're near it even though you weren't the one of actually took/freed it. Pay attention to your numbers, the game give it to you.

Wait a sec... it's totally stealing the objective when I wipe out the entire mob in a matter of seconds without any help and then someone comes in and take it because you stealthed in the very moment I cleared it out. I do look at the numbers. If some HAMSTER closes the mine that I just cleared, it doesn't give it to me. If you do that to me, I will steal your kills for at least the next 15 minutes until i decide to pull multiple mobs on you then disappear. Trolling the objective thieves is the best and only recourse one has when this happens.
    Outside of a mine, I've always noticed the next guy close to the objective being able to take the objective after myself and vice versa. I'm sorry you are still traumatized over someone closing a mine on you, I've had it happen to me more than once. But good luck trying to troll me of all people, I'll be out of your sight and long gone from view within seconds and if you did locate my position and attacked a mob near me then all I have to do is drop one smoke bomb and the whole group I assisted will be counted as kills or throw a quick knife at one out of range so you would actually be helping me rather than hurting me.
    You're being extremely dramatic here to say I'm traumatized. It's a HAMSTER move to do it. If you do it to me, you will be immediately trolled. Those are the rules and I will win that trolling contest. Fair warning.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    so... you think its "OK" to "steal"- yes steal (taking something that was rightfully theirs)- yes its just like taking the proverbial parking spot- disgusting... - so: hehehe youre a ruiner... that too is disgusting... you act like its "no big deal" huh, I hope you choose better paths in "real life" than that, but alas - this usually reflects someones true nature.

I do more than my fair share of helping people out. There are people on this MB that can vouch to that.

i'll give you benefit of doubt and assume you mean to be a helpful player in the community. i invite you to take this thread as a notice that there are many players who do not appreciate your "swooping in" to claim mission objectives play style, and then helping finish off the trash which in most cases is already done for. it's most likely more hurtful to the person that you "helped" than helpful, as the player now has to move on to the next spot and start over.

if you disagree, or don't care.. then don't be surprised to see some form of retaliation in the form of the examples others have listed. reap what you sow etc.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I am also annoyed by this
    Post edited by zebular on
  • luigipr31luigipr31 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I remembered before Mod 6 I had this exact problem in Well of Dragons. Mission such as:
    - The one with the wolf, my wolf "howls" but since I'm engagedI cannot dig. A TR comes with stealth and digs my spot then leaves.
    - The ones about infiltration. You can either attack Red Wizards or in the encampments to get them. But someone Steals the one of the encampment when I'm engaged
    - The mission with the mimics
    - Liberating prisioners,
    So on and so on.
    I Havn't played in WoD again (difficulty) but I'm with the OP about the scumbags.

• sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    It's unfortunate the game doesn't have a bounty system....I would gladly pay good AD's to have a few of these #$%^@ tracked and killed on a routine basis.
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    luigipr31 said:

I remembered before Mod 6 I had this exact problem in Well of Dragons. Mission such as:
    - The one with the wolf, my wolf "howls" but since I'm engagedI cannot dig. A TR comes with stealth and digs my spot then leaves.
    - The ones about infiltration. You can either attack Red Wizards or in the encampments to get them. But someone Steals the one of the encampment when I'm engaged
    - The mission with the mimics
    - Liberating prisioners,
    So on and so on.
    I Havn't played in WoD again (difficulty) but I'm with the OP about the scumbags.

Yes!!! Well done for mentioning the old Spirit Wolf Quest. Hated that one. Worst daily ever. Thank God that's over with.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Happened to me yesterday with the sick elves in Sharandar, I ran after them repeating (name) DONT STEAL!! in zone chat until they ran away.

If I see someone closing in as I'm about to engage a mob I'll just refuse to engage or drag the fight over the objective as someone else does.

I do regard is as stealing - it's an incredibly rude thing to do to another player.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    yourenext2die has solidified his justification of the act. Much of the same rationale was used for 'boot n loot'. In any case, it would take a (moral) character adjustment, not a sound rationalization that it's a Richard thing to do to someone, and that's not going to happen here.

Many like him; just have to deal with it.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User

It's unfortunate the game doesn't have a bounty system....I would gladly pay good AD's to have a few of these #$%^@ tracked and killed on a routine basis.

Now this is a fantastic idea...

• stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    You all do realize that if you stand right next to the player (i.e. on top of them) while they are clicking you get the objective too, right?

Examples include hound quest, weapon quest, vital sap in Sharandar; the caravans in IWP, etc. Outside of the kill quests when you have to get the kill shot (sux for heal spec DCs) and the mines in IWD or the fetch quest in WoD, most quests let you share objective if you stand right next to the other player.

I like the fact it adds another flavor to the game. Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield.

Be thankful the wild in neverwinter isn't as bleak and cruel as some survival games that are out / coming out....
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    You boot and loot, don't you?

You all do realize that if you stand right next to the player (i.e. on top of them) while they are clicking you get the objective too, right?

This was my exact point, why else would I help the person finish killing the mob if they were unable to get the objective also? I would simply be out as quick as I came in, common sense. I'm simply playing the game and coming up to an objective I need, I'm not out trying to snipe objectives away from people. As for boot and loot, I'm pretty sure I have been at the forefront advocating against it. A simple search of related topics would reveal that so stop trying to act all self righteous. I am well aware of the objectives that cannot be shared and I don't recall "swooping in and stealing them intentionally" and if I did it was probably unintentional. If you're running to give yourself some breathing room while you fight and pull a mob far away from an objective, then someone who just happens to turn the corner and see nobody on the objective is going to continue going on about his business and complete his quest.. Keep the mob around the objective and not 50 meters out in an open field away from it to make it obvious you are fight for the objective and not an expired encounter.

i don't think anyone is complaining about quests that give credit credit for standing near the objective so that multiple players get credit at the same time. that's not what the thread is about. i'm not sure why people keep bringing that up, as it's completely irrelevant.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    edited October 2015
    soonergm said:

i don't think anyone is complaining about quests that give credit credit for standing near the objective so that multiple players get credit at the same time. that's not what the thread is about. i'm not sure why people keep bringing that up, as it's completely irrelevant.

Because my original comment which has been scrutinized was specifically about those. Anyhoo.. "moves on".

• nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Queen Hammerstone in Dwarf Valley. Rogues sneak in and get the last hit on her while I have to finish off the adds and try again.
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It is agreed, or at this point *should* be agreed, that some quests will allow anyone in vicinity to get quest reward and some don't.
    With that in mind, if you come to a quest objective and somebody is already there, one should help kill mobs or whatever and then LET THE ONE THAT WAS THERE FIRST activate the objective. Since anyone in the area will get the reward, doing otherwise shows you are aware that SOME will NOT give you AND THE PLAYER THAT DID ALL THE WORK the reward and you are being selfish.

Summary: if all in the area get the reward, let the player who was there first do the task. Otherwise, you're full of carp and know darn well you're being selfish.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    In the long run wouldn't it be great if the devs took notice and made ALL such missions rewarded by proximity? Players would be much more likely to jump in and help as defeating the mob is a win for all who want to claim.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    Would be nice, but there will always be ones like the one I mentioned....so lazy OBJ stealers will always be around
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    I'm still unsure about jumping in to "help". In spinward rise i saw a dc fighting a giant. I was like "i got you bro". He was not at all thankful lol. I've asked tanks and dcs before if they still get the quest drop when i do the majority of damage and theyve said yes, help. But the situation in spinward makes me doubt.

Btw, is the illuminati running this piece? My comments keep getting edited or deleted. The man can't keep me down!
  • enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User

I'm still unsure about jumping in to "help". In spinward rise i saw a dc fighting a giant. I was like "i got you bro". He was not at all thankful lol. I've asked tanks and dcs before if they still get the quest drop when i do the majority of damage and theyve said yes, help. But the situation in spinward makes me doubt.

What I've noticed as a DC is if you don't do enough damage to enemy HP sponges, such as those giants, you don't get credit for killing them. It takes clerics forever to down one. So, unless the cleric is having problems staying alive, I wouldn't be too quick to jump in and kill the giant.
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ^^^ yup, welcome to the life of a dc. Most people aren't even trying to help, they are laser focused on getting their own HAMSTER done. It sux, but it is what it is... I deal with it everyday too.

Calling for some type of ethical approach to this wild west community is just....silly....
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    note the name and spam a while that he/she did this or that, if it doesn't feel funny for you, this for sure blames the objective stealers.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
    Those who are DC's that can't complete OBJ's need to just ask in chat for 1 single DPS player to help. That solves a lot of those problems and makes it easier for you. If you both have the quest and are in a group, you both get credit.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Or the Devs could just fix their garbage and eliminate these OBJ spawn delays?