test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ad removal

Comments

• cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

The annoying thing about the cube is you have to buy four of them. There should just be a Cube and a Major Cube for the convenience.

What is the advantage of having both then?
    Less button clicks.

Major does the Personal powers, regular does the stat reroll.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Dungeons have gotten overwhelmingly easy since 2x RP with my Guild. We melted spider in 20 minutes last night. Just get a core group in your guild of competent players and experiment runs and work on class compositions. If even learning that dungeon piece by piece the experience will propel you further to where we were (mod 5 GOD MODE) and not where we are currently. I make a decent chunk of salvage each night running dungeons and if anything have rocketed upwards in my RAD stockpile. Keep plugging away at it... Good luck!

Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • thurstonhowellthurstonhowell Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Now all these lazy players have to start playing the game. Ha!
    Bourbon - OP/GWF/SW/CW [The Legendary Outlaws]
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User

BAZZZINGA
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    null
    Exactly and that is what it will come to. People who put the time and effort into making ad will benefit. People who want the quick pay out will not. Once you have a system, them ad will flow in on the regular. And I'm not talking this nickel and dime <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of 7200 ad, I'm saying 500k ad and more.
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Aren't you a genius...
    So you people who never used Leadership feels like you're not missing out and now you're going to take a HAMSTER on us who were dependent on Leadership which makes us lazy?

Look. I've probably spent 2000 hours in this game. I've got seven different characters; five lvl 60+ and two lvl 70. I've used Leadership on most of these, but few of them have reached lvl 20. It takes time and effort to reach lvl 20 in Leadership - time that is totally wasted now. Shouldn't time be rewarded, no matter if it's farming dungeons, farming refinement or "farming" a profession?
    The game is telling us: "If you spend A LOT of time using Leadership, you shall be rewarded." We're not doing anything wrong. We're doing just what the game says is okay. And after A LOT of time spent - when you FINALLY start to make some AD at lvl 20 - the game says: "Oh well. F you! Ha ha ha!"
    And trust me ...even with seven characters using Leadership and a lot time spent- seven characters that i've actually played to atleast lvl 60 - i never got "rich" using Leadership. My main character doesn't have the best enchantments, the best equipment, and so on. I've spent a lot of time playing - sometimes just to assist strangers with dailies that i've already done. I've never been logged in just to farm AD's in Leadership. That must mainly be an issue with PC since it's much easier with the Gateway, etc.

As i wrote in another thread - the PC version isn't the XBOX version. It's two different entities that can't be treated equally. The XBOX version runs extremely poorly with several issues like lag and terrible framerate, we don't have the Gateway, the XBOX version is much "younger" than the PC version but still we've gotten expansions and changes in a much faster order, etc, etc, etc. Lots of stuff that makes the XBOX version stand by it's own. The changes on PC can't be forced on the XBOX version like this. It doesn't make sense and the developers should be aware of things like this.
    Post edited by theungodly on
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Leadership was a horrible way to gain AD in the first place. Not only did it take TOO LONG to level to 20, each task takes 14+ hours, and you only get 4800 AD per character. I can run ESoT for ONE HOUR and come away with anywhere between 40-80k AD. So to put that in perspective: In the time it takes one of your toons to give you 4800 AD(14 hours), I can get 560K from running ESoT.

So I honestly see nothing wrong with getting rid of a cheap way to make HAMSTER AD. And those of you who actually rely on leadership AD, now need to learn how to make real AD. Not that chump change. So in other words, with them taking that out they make it so you lazy people that just got on to collect leadership AD, now need to RUN DUNGEONS/SKIRMISHES to make AD....the way it's suppose to be.
  • attorn97attorn97 Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    note that Leadership now produces unbound thaumaturgic stones (meh), artifact stones (so-so ) and unbound resonance stones (ooooh!). Resonance stones were going for about 3AD per RP. I don't know the ratio of pulling minors to lessers to regulars to see how they play out, or what the price for RP to AD is going to be, but I'm willing to let it shake out.

Also, before anyone goes into the "you don't know!!" response, I have 10 toons, 9 with Leadership between 20 and 23 and one at 19. As of this morning, I also have 56 Heroes and a couple dozen adventurers. I was at the cap of 24k rAD per day with each of them, so this is hitting me hard also. I'll give it a week or two to see if selling the thaum, artifact and resonance stones keeps me close to making 24k AD a day via the AH instead of refining.

Here's what I don't understand.. why take ALL the rAD tasks out except for the level 20 rares, which all require 3 marks of gratitude?
    They didn't take all of them out. Almost all, but not all.
  • djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    attorn97 said:

Here's what I don't understand.. why take ALL the rAD tasks out except for the level 20 rares, which all require 3 marks of gratitude?

So that they can say the following: Astral Diamond Changes: The Leadership Profession has been modified to reward significantly fewer Astral Diamonds. Most tasks that used to reward AD no longer do so. Some tasks reward XP instead of AD. The rare level 4 task "Gather Diamonds" has been removed.

So they are saying you can still make AD on leadership PMSL
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I only started this game 2 months ago. all the posts saying leadership was a pointless profession. I listened to them. I never spent time upgrading it. I make a decent amount of AD thru the AH. that's how I've been rolling. This change doesn't affect me at all except for the better.. but man.. I feel all the people that were screwed with an electric drill here. it's HAMSTER like this that made me leave destiny. This game requires a heavy player base to be playable. I still enjoy the game but may end up moving on if the player base dissolves enough. Can't do the dailies without a pack of people. Destiny may get 40 more dollars from me after all. lol.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015

So you people who never used Leadership feels like you're not missing out and now you're going to take a HAMSTER on us who were dependent on Leadership which makes us lazy?

I like the leadership change, and I don't for a second consider you or others who used it lazy. I only wish they made this change way long ago.

Look. I've probably spent 2000 hours in this game. I've got seven different characters; five lvl 60+ and two lvl 70. I've used Leadership on most of these, but few of them have reached lvl 20. It takes time and effort to reach lvl 20 in Leadership - time that is totally wasted now. Shouldn't time be rewarded, no matter if it's farming dungeons, farming refinement or "farming" a profession?
    The game is telling us: "If you spend A LOT of time using Leadership, you shall be rewarded." We're not doing anything wrong. We're doing just what the game says is okay. And after A LOT of time spent - when you FINALLY start to make some AD at lvl 20 - the game says: "Oh well. F you! Ha ha ha!"

So the game is no longer telling you "If you spend A LOT of time using Leadership, you shall be rewarded.". OK?
    Changes like that happen to games all the time to change the games to the better.
    You and other players should have been crying out loud before: "why does this game reward you for stupid leveling the Leadership? why do I even play this MMO RPG game where I could be just playing some other silly click-and-hear-ta-da! game on my phone which requires no brains neither player to player interaction, just repeatedly clicking the same buttons over and over to progress..."

I'm glad they are removing (or, more accurately, nerfing) this mini-game, and I think they should do the same to the whole Profession side of the game. It might have been useful to keep the players addicted while there was little end-of-game content, but I think it's safe now to get rid of it completely. It's not what makes this game fun.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    well, 6 of my guild members have left the game since the announcement of the new "no AD" system, and I am contemplating it also... after they took away our ability to farm AD in the dungeons that were removed after the "update"- or undate is more like it from what we loose and not gain... (not LOL...)
    - now there was only professions and daily dungeons (which gave little...) and the scrapings from prayer (which I spend more than that each day on ID scrolls...), and they enticed us with the statements- get extra players now... and during the event you can farm AD with them... so many bought a few new player slots, and started running each of them up to level so they could pray and earn back a a little of what we are loosing... but alas now they have removed that option from us also...
    - then you look at the Rp weekend preceeding the announcement- and you can see the violence inherit in the system, making people buy GMOPs for 100K the weekend before the price drops tp 1/4 of its price is surely an oversite by the DEVs and they will reimburse all of us the 75K astral per GMOP that we used during the now named "Black Weekend"
    - -I will be EXPECTING reimbursement on 11 GMOPs
    - * a note: taking away the largest backbone currency in the game is a BAD IDEA...Mkay
    - - if its the only way to get most of the items in the game, then you cant nerf it you will look like fools, and probabaly loose ALOT of your players to other similar games that don't attack their loyal players in such a manner...
  • myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    also- dropping the price of GMOPs to 25k does help us afford them, but if you cant aquire ANY A.D. anymore enough to get one, then whats the point- they are actually "farther" away from reach...
    -and the WWW,COM guys that should be the target : are making a killing off of selling their AD now...
    * way to go Cyrptic!!! fund the illegals=alienate your loyal players...
    * WINNING!!!!
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2015

I like the leadership change, and I don't for a second consider you or others who used it lazy.
    I only wish they made this change way long ago.

Why do you like the change? Does it concern you and your experience?
    I don't farm dungeons and i wouldn't be happy if they removed the rewards in dungeons.

So the game is no longer telling you "If you spend A LOT of time using Leadership, you shall be rewarded.". OK?
    Changes like that happen to games all the time to change the games to the better.
    You and other players should have been crying out loud before: "why does this game reward you for stupid leveling the Leadership? why do I even play this MMO RPG game where I could be just playing some other silly click-and-hear-ta-da! game on my phone which requires no brains neither player to player interaction, just repeatedly clicking the same buttons over and over to progress..."

I'm glad they are removing (or, more accurately, nerfing) this mini-game, and I think they should do the same to the whole Profession side of the game. It might have been useful to keep the players addicted while there was little end-of-game content, but I think it's safe now to get rid of it completely. It's not what makes this game fun.

So you didn't read what i wrote? You didn't read how much time i actually spent playing this game?
    And why should i "cry out" about professions when i liked it? And just because i enjoy professions i don't play the game and therefore i should stick to Candy Crush because i'm not a "real gamer lol"?
    Yes you're right. Changes like this happens all the time. But lets compare the PC version with the XBOX version. The PC version have been out for almost 2,5 years. The XBOX version 6 months. This drastic change happened on PC after 2,5 years, probably partially because of farm-bots and the Gateway. Two things that's not possible or available on the XBOX.
    But we got these same changes after just six months. When we're already spent enough time to finally make some use of Leadership. At least the PC players could enjoy Leadership and their efforts for two years. That's not the fair and right move when it's two different versions. They could atleast given us a year before applying these changes.

Imo professions and the marketplace adds more levels to this game which makes it more fun. If i don't feel like actually playing, i can tinker around in professions for a while. Would you be happy if they removed the marketplace also? I mean, that's not "the game" per se. The marketplace is also some kind of "minigame" that's not necessary.

HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    With less AD coming in from all the leadership toons means prices of all things should come down,

Making your 100k+ from selling pants,shirts etc, not for long as prices should drop.

Perhaps more time spent improving the gameplay/lag/bugs instead of spending all the time finding ways to get ppl to buy Zen.

What is the difference between a person spending 'their' time on the game logging into diffenerent characters to a person completing several dungeons with one character, both players are still spending the time on the game just in different ways such as those who only do PvE and those that only do PvP.

I like how ppl are happy that more ppl will stop playing due to another bad Dev decision, ppl that have invested real money into the game, You do realise that if ppl do leave and ppl do not invest real money into the game then the game will no longer be free as it will not be financially viable to keep it going.

As a note I do not use leadership but I think the whole 24hour notice of this change and the fact it is implemented even though Xbox has no bots is a bit pathetic along with reducing the prices of potency's right after a DRP weekend, why not reduce them before?

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • kc7777777kc7777777 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    What a nice surprise to see the update took out AD from leadership today. I knew it was gonna happen but was sorta hoping for a little more time. Thanks for the double RP to clean us out before that. Might have done things a little differently and held a little AD back. Anyway, I have a lot of my characters up to 17 or 18 in leadership, what's the point now to keep working on it to get it to 20 for the extra profession slot?

And how do I make AD now, well dungeons are not the answer since they mashed all this content together still gotta get all my boons and so on. PVP, broken and very little fun for me. The 10 man one is okay but 5 man is just painful unless pvp is your only thing. That leaves skirmishes yaaaaa.... And if you have a job who has the time to do the daily stuff and pvp and dungeons and skirmishes for a little bit of AD? Also seem like I sell very little in AH anymore since the new content came out. So where do I get the AD for the stuff I want in the future? Congratulations you many have made me disgusted enough to not play this game.

I have paid money for things in the game like keys, wards and most recently VIP. Happy to do it if I like the game and enjoy myself, I have spent money on worse. But after today I think I am going to take my last bit of AD get some zen for one more month of VIP and see what happens. Halo 5 and Star Wars Battle Front are right around the corner and I think that $10 I would have spend on Neverwinter is gonna go to a couple pre-orders for those games.

• yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2015

also- dropping the price of GMOPs to 25k does help us afford them, but if you cant aquire ANY A.D. anymore enough to get one, then whats the point- they are actually "farther" away from reach...
    -and the WWW,COM guys that should be the target : are making a killing off of selling their AD now...
    * way to go Cyrptic!!! fund the illegals=alienate your loyal players...
    * WINNING!!!!

You make thousands of AD PLAYING in dungeons and PVP matches. Instead of being lazy, you have to play to earn it now. I, like many others never even really relied on Leadership for AD. Besides, the price changes for MOP's make up for it.

They did announce that the MOP prices were coming down soon, they just didn't give you a date. "Oh they screwed us because they released the price drop after the event". Well, think about it. Having DR+ZMSale+MOP drop would = Overkill. Everyone would be loaded with Legendary and Mythic artifacts and nothing to shoot for. It should help now considering everyone had spent their AD during the event, it's actually pretty good timing making things more affordable. Run dungeons or PVP and you will have your AD. While the main bot issues were with PC, it would be unfair for the entire PC community to not have AD making capability in Leadership while having the Xbox community able to. Period. Maybe bring back Lair of the pirate king for some easier gear farming for AD and things are pretty good.
    Post edited by yourenext2die on
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    up to 7200 RAD / day for skirmishes...
    What skirmishes do you have between levels 61 - 70?
    The time it takes to level between 60 and 70 is much, much longer than between 1 and 60 btw...
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Welcome to our world, you're catching up fast X-boners, wait till you get a look at the costs of upgrading a stronghold. :)
    Run Skirmishes, ESoT, in an hour you can make more AD then you could with 20 Toons running leadership. I have made roughly between 40k-80k every hour. You can run it about 8 times, get 3-9k AD worth of gear/drops and then boom, in an hour have 40-80k. I never relied on leadership, and I have well over 60mil AD left lol. That is from running dungeons/skirmishes and selling shirts/pants on AH.

Get over the fact that they stopped the lazy way to make AD, and go out and play the **** game. Ever since it was nerfed on PC there were threads upon threads of PC players telling Xbox players NOT to invest in Leadership. Who's fault is it that you didn't listen? Your own *** fault.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User

The time it takes to level between 60 and 70 is much, much longer than between 1 and 60 btw...

Not really, no. I've leveled a second character (GWF) just recently. The time it takes is roughly the same give or take.
    Make sure that you are wearing Azures +6 or better yet +7 in 4/5 slots. And then keep running Vigilance tasks in Drowned Shore until you are 67. After that go ahead and complete the quest line, you'll reach 70 at about the same time. It takes 2-3 hours per level. They say DCs are a different story, can't speak of that.

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • fame14121230fame14121230 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Im putting this game on qeue , the far qeue
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Umm in their defense... People have been demanding a double rp event for a month or longer before the update... Yeah it's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but they're like yea we gave them what they want... They even had zen and refinement stuff on sale too.

I've so far made a bunch of rad by doing dungeons and skirmishes and salvaging a lot of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I found on my journeys. But it's so new this update so I need to give it more time to have a full opinion....
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I think there will be an adjustment in the amount of AD in the overall economy but only at the higher end of it.

Us nubs who only made AD from dailies, prayers and a small amount of selling tat from drops will not be affected at all but people making huge amounts pw REFINED due to multiple characters will lose big time.

The effect of this? Lower price for Zen due to reduced buying (that's a win for me) and lower prices on the AH.

People with large amounts of AD tend to spend it on the higher end stuff, artificially inflating the prices at that end of the market - these prices will now come down to more realistic levels.

Yes I do sympathise with people that invested time getting a good AD farm going but please don't try to tell me this is going to ruin the game - it will do the opposite. Yes, people will leave but tbh they were probably close to that point anyway and the $$ generation held them here.

I don't expect those losing income to feel good about it and for them personally this IS a huge negative but you have to look at the macro-economy too.

This imo is a necessary change. Even though it will greatly inconvenience many, I believe 6 months down the line most will appreciate it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    What exactly is the monstrous grind we call Leadership used for now? A few copper pat on the head? A chest with a T1 runestone? Maybe I can run three 8 hour tasks to get 3 pieces of paper so I can run another rare 8 hour task and make 1 silver and 100 experience.

There should be mandatory drug tests for the developers tomorrow.
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I'm honestly gonna farm up leadership cause there is no other profession once I'm done with plates nothing alchemy and jewlcrafting that I wanna do... Plus I wanna save up marks and resonance stones for the next rp event which can happen... Y'all are just negative but I'll take your leadership assets off your hand...
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    There is only 1 real issue here, too many people making Zen from AD conversion in too high quantities.

Do not fear though next step is to make all high value dungeon loot account bound so you can not make money by selling it on the TH.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Not really, no. I've leveled a second character (GWF) just recently. The time it takes is roughly the same give or take.
    Make sure that you are wearing Azures +6 or better yet +7 in 4/5 slots. And then keep running Vigilance tasks in Drowned Shore until you are 67. After that go ahead and complete the quest line, you'll reach 70 at about the same time. It takes 2-3 hours per level. They say DCs are a different story, can't speak of that.

Well, you realize that if you use those azure's while going from 0-60 you'll be there a lot faster too?

The simple fact is, that going from 0-60 takes 910.2k exp. and from 60 to 70 will require 6 174.6k exp...

And if you compare the relative amount of exp. quests gives you, you'll find that the lvl 60+ quests gives nowhere near the same amount as the earlier quests.

No matter how you spin it, it takes (a lot) more time to go from 60 to 70 under the same conditions...
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Wow... i am disgusted, sad, angry, all at the same time. I spent hours raising up leadership to 16 and now i am being cut even before being able to get a decent cut...

I am no chinese farmer or whatever you people talking about, i am an honest player that just did what he could to get a minimum of AD. I never was able to refine more than my 25k daily...

First they remove the skirmish from my queue so i can't do them during event, after that there is only the 3 same boring dungeons, and for even having acces to the chest you need a key, a key you can get only one per day... Cause if you buy another whats the point, you spend 2500 for the key, and get 3000 from the chest... wow 500AD... your too kind.

Basically i don't know whats in there mind. I don't care about PC, i play Xbox and on Xbox AD was all fine... Now i can't do AD more or less exept by getting a tiny ammount by praying...and 3000 if i happen to match my gaming hours with dungeon event... wow. Im not lev 70 super boosted dude, im trying to improve my character and AD was the only way to buy some good armors and gear off the market, now im screwed...

I put 20$ on this game this month, i was happy about getting VIP and all, i got myself a bigger bag cause i had no space left. Now i feel im just gonna let go the game... removing of AD leadership just simply remove the will for me to play...

I think ill just rush my second character to 60, and maybe finish my lev 65 one to 70 for achievements, but then ill call it a wrap...

So far since i started playing this game, it just gotten worst and worst... The expension did add a couple zones wich i enjoyed playing but it removed so much content too ...

How am i even gonna be able to finish Tyranny of Dragon now? Those thing to do cost 20 000 AD each :(:(:(