test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So Rogue Sucks Now....

bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
Just thought I'd start this thread and hear, from Rogue-Players and Rogue-Haters alike. I'm a player, and... I honestly can't carry on like this lol. Reveal is broken, stealth is broken, we are no longer a glass cannon. We are just, honestly, a piece of glass. Careful while handling, we are sharp and we may cut, but that's out of your own incompetence. Rogue has become a homeless man's urine-soaked cast-away blanket, and it cannot hide its own shame.

Comments

• Options
    apathy408apathy408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Not even close to accurate. While the damage is a bit u satisfying comparatively to what I used to get on my rogue I still lead the damage charts in almost every dungeon. In fact I can still out damage most great weapon fighters. The key is gearing properly for the new mechanics of mod 6. Crit has no cap any longer. Get your crit chance and severity as high as you can rock a perfect vorpal and get your armor pen between 45-60%. Power is a dump stat after everything else is proper. Do that and your damage should improve. My only real grievance with the rogue currently is this: WHY THE HAMSTER DOES SHADOW OF DEMISE NOT PROC OFF MY AT WILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!????????
  • Options
    shadowheraldshadowherald Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    C'mon even I play a rogue and knew the high life wasn't going to last forever.
  • Options
    billcosby#8199 billcosby Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Maybe its the player not the class.
  • Options
    smallknivessmallknives Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It's like they said the rogues that were good will still be good and the bad rogues that thought they are good.... well you get where I'm going with this .....
    KNIVES - 70 TR
  • Options
    zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    SOD doesnt work as well for me now but I feel my rogue is better now with the new feats. I have one of each type of charactre and my rogue can solo the hard quest way easier than my others.
  • Options
    smallknivessmallknives Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I'm still perma stealth nothing has changed for me honestly I just needed gear now im back smashing people
    KNIVES - 70 TR
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    They dont suck.. they just arent nearly doing as much dmg as they use to. They are still fun to play regardless. One thing thts funny though: why is my level 61 DC hitting 70k crits (not even fully geared) while my Stacked TR is barely hitting 40k from stealth LB? im having an easier time soloing content on my DC lol
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    This is the thing I dont get, I see everyone talk about being able to hit 40-50k crits with every class with their at-wills and such but my rogue can barely break 40k on his stealthed lashing blade now with +140% crit severity.
  • Options
    axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Depends on if you're talking PvE or PvP

Also, SoD has been changed to only affect one mob, and it procs off of encounter powers only now, so you need to open with a stealth lashing, instead of spamming duelist's flurry. Run your duelest's after SoD has landed.
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    majik518 said:

This is the thing I dont get, I see everyone talk about being able to hit 40-50k crits with every class with their at-wills and such but my rogue can barely break 40k on his stealthed lashing blade now with +140% crit severity.

What's your ArP @?
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

It's like they said the rogues that were good will still be good and the bad rogues that thought they are good.... well you get where I'm going with this .....

Pretty much.

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    majik518 said:

My Lashing crit for 115K yesterday, on average it's in the 90K range.
  • Options

I'm still perma stealth nothing has changed for me honestly I just needed gear now im back smashing people

Especially in PVP, 100% piercing damage ignoring tenacity. As far as a PVE build goes, maxing out a DPS setup with a full Lost set will still top or near top the damage charts in dungeons. (Individually independen't on gear build of course)
  • Options

majik518 said:

my rogue can barely break 40k on his stealthed lashing blade now with +140% crit severity.

If it's initial contact it should be double, if you've been going wild with DF or another at will and hit then yeah.

• Options
    majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User

majik518 said:

What's your ArP @?
    45% right now, I will reach 25 jewelcrafting soon and that will push my arp to where I need it to be.
  • Options
    stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    majik518 said:

majik518 said:

What's your ArP @?
    45% right now, I will reach 25 jewelcrafting soon and that will push my arp to where I need it to be.

Yeah, you really can't judge your dps until you get it to 60% for pve content. That is a minimum for pvp imo.

I have a feeling TRs are going to feel OP as HAMSTER as in mod 5 once they get into T2 gear....
  • Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User

Especially in PVP, 100% piercing damage ignoring tenacity. As far as a PVE build goes, maxing out a DPS setup with a full Lost set will still top or near top the damage charts in dungeons. (Individually independen't on gear build of course)

Better question: How are you achieving 100% piercing damage...? stacking oppressive with shadowy opportunity?
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Nothing wrong with rogues. Still leading charts. Just not a whole lot of rogues that know what they're doing. Get the right gear, comapnions and enchants.
  • Options
    mische201mische201 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Then post your gear, companions and enchants you use...@raymond00713
  • Options
    nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    As a rogue in the new mod, I've had to make a lot of changes for PVE just to survive, but that's not a problem, it was bound to happen anyway with all the new things and feat changes, etc. I used to use Cloud of Steel as one of my at-wills, accompanied by my artifact weapon. I'm an execution build, so stealth doesn't really last long. I switched out my at-wills and started using Glooming Cut, added the extra Feats to it to make my stealth last longer along with Shadow Strike (I think it is, where it refills your stealth entirely), I'm surviving a lot better now of course, and always picking my team mates up. I've sort of changed from being full DPS to more of a... "companion", to the GWF or HR since they do insane damage, by dazing enemies and taking down the boss invis while they deal with minions. Perhaps I haven't found a decent new rotation to use yet, but I'm quite happy with the way so far.

Also, I'm not sure how but it seems I don't take as much agro (Out of stealth) as I used to, unless everyone else is dead, which allows me to deal damage to enemies while others keep them busy.

Now, for PVP, that's a whole different topic. I don't have any of the new PVP gear, boons or artifacts, so I'm just asking for death. But I've played a few games where I've done some damage to opponents, but it's not as good as before, and I don't expect it to be until I'm fully prepared for the fight.

The main issue I have with PVP, and I don't know if they need to fix it or not, it would be nice though, is one (Not sure if there's more), one of the GWF encounters, it sort of knocks you down, don't know what it's called. Anyway, I was on a flag with a GWF and turned stealth, and ran in the opposite direction. But somewhere in that time, the GWF used this encounter and although there was some decent space between us, and I was still in stealth, he knocked me down and came over to finish the job, even though I'm invisible and technically shouldn't be seen o.e (I posted a video on another topic about TR's becoming crappy).

Either way, like I said, no complaints so far for PVE and I've yet to gear out for PVP so alls good. It's probably nice for GWF to get that sweet revenge anyway~

Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    My TR is still beasting through most things. And I never noticed SOD doing anything for me prior to MOD 6, so I can't say whether it is broken for me now. I can tell that there are some things they I truly believe are broken now though.

1.) I can throw a smoke, which is SUPPOSED to stun enemies...but they can still hit me at least once. So I run in thinking I can stun them then roll out to begin my assault. But instead I roll in, smoke, get hit, loose half health, then roll out to begin assault. Not a big deal NOW, since I am used to having to roll, smoke, roll very quick.

2.) This is a big issue I am having. Used to be when you use Duelist's Flurry you would be un-hittable when in the final stage...when you are going super fast. But now, maybe I have been lagging, I have been getting hit by everything while in that stage of the attack. So I think that is broken.

Other than that, I am still destroying everything I come up against. I just move a lot more than I did prior just to avoid those heavy hits.

• Options
    @pats, you were getting hit before. It's much more noticeable now. Maybe play like a rogue and strike when it's the best time. Like when someone else pulls aggro?
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Yea, I know how to play the class. And some hits are unavoidable. Generally I focus on the boss, while the other handle the ads. Thanks for the advice, but I can handle myself.

My main problem was the 2 points I brought up, which is just when I am running things SOLO. When in a group those 2 things don't matter as much.
  • Options
    Alright. The ai is pretty dumb. So when solo toss some daggers their way and they'll run right into your smoke.

You're welcome
  • Options
    bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hmm I really like the input here, except for the HAMSTER who are saying "I'm still amazing you just suck." I don't really see what you get out of being a critic with no advice, all you are doing is posting your bitching here with no constructive criticism. Like someone said here, if you rock so hard, why don't you post your build/items? Are you scared that everyone will start owning like you, lol? Seems pretty petty, given how many builds there ARE out there already which are exceptional. I've tried several. I'm an Executioner PVE Rogue and I'm not a lifeless 12 year old. I have other responsibilities other than this game so, no, I haven't been here since the start, and I don't have the best gear, but I'd like to WORK towards that. So is it just that you have to be lvl 70 with perfect vorpal and all rank 8-9 enchantments in order to own? Because my man is owning with his GWF and a PLAGUEFIRE at 68. I just want the game to be enjoyable like it used to, but now i'm thinking since there is no one here to actually advise on a build for PVE, maybe to just switch to Hunter Ranger since that's the new TR and its roots are now Godlike. Unless of course in a few months Arc will be like let's just nerf again, continuing to make money off people who put their hearts and souls into one class, by destroying that class and forcing them to start something new. :/

I agree that Rogues were OP before, but I Feel that there are a lot of broken mechanics, regarding stealth, regarding being very fragile during the supposedly invincible moments, and regarding SoD only procing for several attacks and ONE person at a time.
  • Options
    opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Speaking strictly from a PVP point of view, rouges getting nerfed had to happen, and honestly the game is better for it. We are speaking of course of the plague fire glitch rouges, not the rouges who actually understood how to play their class and do it well. For them, this post does not apply. If you were a troll comp rouge last mod however, read on.

PVP last mod was not balanced, and created no opportunity for any other class unless to truly excel unless they ran with a troll rouge comp, and it's just that simple.

PVP now is fantastic, and will only continue to get better, and it's going to force a lot of rouge troll glitch players to change their play style to get better, and learn how to play the game properly. The other options for the troll comps from last mod are to quit the game, or roll another class. That might not be something some of you want to hear, but it is what it is. Being upset about the change makes no sense because really it was cheating and that doesn't take skill. It's like playing on GOD mode on Doom, what's the point?

I can't say I feel bad for the troll comps from last mod, because it really did not take skill to excel in PVP, it only took a cheap glitch to win. Now it actually requires real skill and strategy to win, which is how it should be. That alone will make the PVP experience a lot more fun for every class.

And for those who troll glitched last mod and are sticking with their rouges, my advice to you is, get better.
    At least now if you are a decent rouge, and actually understand how to play your class, and are excelling at it in PVP you can be proud to know that you are actually playing the game the way it was meant to be played, and props to you.

CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

This discussion has been closed.