test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So Rogue Sucks Now....

Comments

• Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    TR damage output might b nerf but in every pvp, on average good rogue players have about 7 to 10 kills especially the 10 vs 10 pvp
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Well getting 10 kills in a 10v10 pvp is not really that impressive though lol
  • Options
    xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    patsfire said:

Have you ever played against an actual MLG Pro Call of Duty team? Yea, didn't think so. Until you have and until you actually beat them, your comment about it not taking skill is just trash lol. @xrollxtidex

Have you?

Have you played against a Pro Madden player?

Have you ever played against a pro tekken or street fighter player?

Have you ever played against a professional smite player?

I know that I played games on and dominated the gamebattles leaderboards way back in the day (think original xbox) before they were eventually bought out by Major League Gaming.

I just do not think that 1st person shooters require that much skill, sorry. Now are the very best players in any particular game skilled? Yes they are. But it does not take much skill to be good at 1st person shooters. That's my personal opinion.

Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • Options
    Actually I have, I played with my friends against Evil Geniuses, an MLG COD Team which has since disbanded, a while back for charity. And we got destroyed. We had been at the top, or near the top, in every amateur tournament we had ever competed in, so we weren't noobs either. So I can say that to be good, like actually good, at COD you do need a good bit of skill.
  • Options
    bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    What I meant by Skill in CoD vs PVP here is not to start discussion of who's got the bigger dik, but to comment that PvP in Neverwinter is more about your collection of players, items, and buffs. Shooters are far more solo friendly where if you are skilled enough, and by skill I simply mean map training, reaction time, predicting players' manuvers. Yes Neverwinter has that too, but it's far more simplified! It's the same routines you are going to use for PvP that are not likely to change -you've got your 3 encounters, your 2 dailies, and there is no 'aiming' so to speak of. The constant lag and FPS slowness that's a server's curse doesn't make it fun for me. All I'm saying is that for me, PvP is not THAT fun, but can be fun with the right team and just having a good time with playes, whereas if I wanted to just go and kick HAMSTER, I'd be playing other games because they ALLOW solo POwnership due to skill rather than item set. When I prestige in CoD I can still get 30 kills at lvl 2 with no special skills unlocked yet. This is why I like to PvP outside of Neverwinter.

Now let's get back to the discussion, if you could not just say My dik is soooo big I rock as a rogue, please show your build/items and make comments that contribute to the discussion of how rogue sucks/does not suck, and how you ca make it better? :D
  • Options
    Something like this: http://mmominds.com/2015/07/13/mod-6-tr-pve-executioner-build/

Also, my TR is a beast
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Well I can't really describe how he plays his class so well can I? lol Just know that he knows what he is doing, and has been doing since PC.

Stats were just a jumping off point.
  • Options
    patsfire said:

lol...well for now, in mod 5 on average, a good gamer with a good tr skill can kill about 20 to 25 easily on average and even TR got nerf on MOD6, TR class is still number 1 in the leader boards if they fix the leader boards they suppose to
    Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    Feel bad for others, but not my guy. But who knows, maybe you are the ONE GWF that can out DPS me. On the other hand....maybe I am the ONE TR that can out DPS you. We can just agree to disagree.
  • Options
    franknycefranknyce Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Again seems like the people that spent money got their feelings hurt. If you spent more than 60 dollars on this game then you shouldn't have a problem buying your way to good stats again. The game is way better now.
  • Options
    I have only spent $60 on this game, and I still know that this game is going down the $hitter
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Wow. Had never seen that build that pats posted but it's pretty much exactly what I use. It's just missing one very important dailiy... i wonder what it could be.
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2015

patsfire said:

No, actually I know probably some of the best GWF's and HR's in the game currently. All of which know their class, and have a MINIMUM Item Level of 3200. As I have said, some people can play their classes better than others. I can still out DPS anyone that I have come into contact with. That's not saying there isn't a GWF/HR out there that can out DPS me, but I have played with the best ones I have ever seen and they could not out DPS me.

So if you truly think that your GWF is better than one of my friends than so be it, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But my friend is sitting at about 18kpower, 18kCrit, 6.5k ArP, 5kdefense, 60% RI, and even a +115% Critical severity.

Please if you have something better, let me know!

stats don't mean nothing if you are bad. i out dpsed a gwf with 20k power and i had 13k power because his mechanics were awful.

I'm pretty sure he said those players with high gear scores "knew" their class.

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Post edited by yourenext2die on
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @bronitaz , this discussion has been moved to the Trickster Rogue class forums. Carry on.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    delta522delta522 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    opalsuns said:

delta522 said:

This is the exact reason I came to the forums, to see if anyone else noticed how screwed up the rogue was. To be blunt Im not happy about it at all. I spent over $2000 upgrading my Rogue and was almost satisfied with it. Now, it literally isn't much fun anymore. It's way to weak, Life steal rarely works, it used to work all the time. The perk that keeps your stealth regeneration from being interrupted while taking damage never works. Again, way too weak!!! I have the entire set of pvp armor, not that im a huge fan of pvp but I wanted the pvp armor which increases damage while stealthed and increases stealth duration. Well I have it and I still struggle to kill stuff. At first, I figured whatever when I hit level 70 everything will be normal again. Well, was I ever wrong should have spent my money on something else like an AR15, fourwheeler, or more ammunition. Somebody please fix this but until then Fallout 4 and State Of Decay will have to do.

Well technically the Rouge was fixed, they aren't going to bring back a glitch that was basically a cheat which impacted PVP, and made Rouges damage hounds in PVE. The fix was more to address the PVP issue which was an exploit that gave the Rouge an unfair advantage and essentially was a cheat.

Since you weren't a PVP rouge I can understand the frustration you must feel that you're being punished, but I can tell you that the dungeons in general are much more difficult for everyone. You can still achieve a level of damage that will make you effective in PVE but you will have to grind for it, or spend more money.
    I actually didn't even know they had new gear in the dungeons till just a little while ago when I saw it on the queue page. I haven't played through any dungeons in like 5 or so months. I got sick of getting kicked off because I was a rogue so I just quit playing through them. I think I had a gear score of like 15800, now it says im a little over 2000 or something like that. On the older levels my character still does fairly well but you can tell it's not what it was. I did a test a little while ago and before the update, with a complete set of pvp armor stealthed I could use sly flourish on Villithrax and you know when you fight your critical hits would slowly increase. Well I used to get between 100,000 - 110,000 before my stealth would run out. Then it would drop off after that. Well I tried it now and It was between 35,000 and I think I got Lucky and hit 45,000. So whatever happened wasn't good. But maybe with some more boons and stuff it wont be as bad. Thing is this whole ordeal is like taking 1 step forward and two steps back.
  • Options
    Lol I mentioned that build several times Pastfire, Ezio's build is pretty much what every rogue at the moment runs and can AFFORD to run as far as Executioner path. Except I took the 20k health increase boon instead of 20k damage, because I hear the damage boon doesn't proc every time whereas the health one does, what do you think Past?
  • Options
    doctorslowbrodoctorslowbro Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    How about that lifesteal?
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/20zwc48.jpg
  • Options

s4v10rx said:

patsfire said:

lol...well for now, in mod 5 on average, a good gamer with a good tr skill can kill about 20 to 25 easily on average and even TR got nerf on MOD6, TR class is still number 1 in the leader boards if they fix the leader boards they suppose to
    In mod 5 I had matches that went for 35-0, 44-6. BTW I'm better at COD than anything else. Any car game like Horizon 2 is up there as well. One might say I was born for multiplayer. ;)
    nice...mod5 perma stealth rogue owns tbh, i was getting on average about 15 to 20 kills but didn't go all out on the gear, i think my gs score was about 15K previously b4 mod 6 and i know ppl that i met on domination have about 20K++ is GS score with mythic artifact

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • Options
    articiawinterarticiawinter Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Maybe its the player not the class.

thats what im thinking, every classes is good as long as you know how to play them i have a good dps rouge as well as a good dps tank lol you just got to learn more about them man =)
  • Options
    Kay.. upgraded everything to purple/legendary, everything is fine now :P
  • Options
    pucknnutzpucknnutz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I used to love playing the rogue but I disagree with some statements saying you can't notice. Ummmm, HELLO how can you not? I am very good at playing this class been my only class since NW came to the Xbox...but when people pay money to build their characters and they go and "FIX" them...let's call it what is is; Nerf them....they all but screw the paying customers because we not don't get what we paid for to begin with. Get it right the first time and you will keep you customers happy....unbelievable what you did the the rouge and the people playing them. However you sure made the HR and GWF happy! Sad, it's very sad!
  • Options
    pucknnutz said:

I used to love playing the rogue but I disagree with some statements saying you can't notice. Ummmm, HELLO how can you not? I am very good at playing this class been my only class since NW came to the Xbox...but when people pay money to build their characters and they go and "FIX" them...let's call it what is is; Nerf them....they all but screw the paying customers because we not don't get what we paid for to begin with. Get it right the first time and you will keep you customers happy....unbelievable what you did the the rouge and the people playing them. However you sure made the HR and GWF happy! Sad, it's very sad!

We did get nerfed but the only real reason we feel it in say.. PVP is because of the HP pool that everyone has now. On average it's almost tripled.

• Options
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I don't feel like playing with my tr anymore because i enjoy more playing with my new hr (made in mod6) and paladin in both pve and pvp.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    Im pretty sure main problem with this game is they need 2 different severs or 2 different damages for pve and pvp to balance the game if we didn't have pvp how many ppl would whine about nerfs very few
This discussion has been closed.