test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So Rogue Sucks Now....

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I agree with the last couple of posts, TR's are about right now (see, Cryptic do sometimes get it right!).

My DC is stronger now & can handle himself well against most 'normal spec' players except ofc for the PERMASTUN HRs - Enjoy it HR's cos the nerf is coming (PC PvP thread mentioning class rebalancing soon).

With the respec I went from 'Jack of all trades' DC to full on dps and I'm having fun in pvp atm. It's funny to see a GWF come charging at me only to try sprinting away 2 mins later with his HP around his ankles (lol).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Needs a delete option..
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options

I'm still perma stealth nothing has changed for me honestly I just needed gear now im back smashing people

Especially in PVP, 100% piercing damage ignoring tenacity. As far as a PVE build goes, maxing out a DPS setup with a full Lost set will still top or near top the damage charts in dungeons. (Individually independen't on gear build of course)

Better question: How are you achieving 100% piercing damage...? stacking oppressive with shadowy opportunity?
    Currently I run a PVE setup in PVP because I'm still farming for T2 gear. But I'll switch back once I'm BIS for my build. Ypu don't need to use OD considering SO deals 100% anytime you are in stealth. I have been trying to talk myself into running with OD to see how it feels with my current Executioner build right now. But Other Personal's are just more important for me at the moment.
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

PERMASTUN HRs - Enjoy it HR's cos the nerf is coming (PC PvP thread mentioning class rebalancing soon).

:)

• Options
    silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User

I'm still perma stealth nothing has changed for me honestly I just needed gear now im back smashing people

Especially in PVP, 100% piercing damage ignoring tenacity. As far as a PVE build goes, maxing out a DPS setup with a full Lost set will still top or near top the damage charts in dungeons. (Individually independen't on gear build of course)

Better question: How are you achieving 100% piercing damage...? stacking oppressive with shadowy opportunity?
    Currently I run a PVE setup in PVP because I'm still farming for T2 gear. But I'll switch back once I'm BIS for my build. Ypu don't need to use OD considering SO deals 100% anytime you are in stealth. I have been trying to talk myself into running with OD to see how it feels with my current Executioner build right now. But Other Personal's are just more important for me at the moment.
    That's not true. SO only goes up to 75%. Also, why are you farming T2 gear when Elemental Burning is so damn amazing.

Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • Options
    edited September 2015

That's not true. SO only goes up to 75%. Also, why are you farming T2 gear when Elemental Burning is so damn amazing.

SO states (100% of weapon damage as piercing damage.) Unless you're talking about critical severity. Also the only thing good about the Burning gear is the tenacity. I can achieve over 2K power, arm pen etc with T2 gear. For a Sabo build I want to build as much damage as possible so T2 gear better suits me. Even in mod 5 I never ran with tenacity and I had matches like 35-0, 44-6. This mod when I replaced my burning helm, it dropped my Tenacity down to 662 currently. Half, and I didn't notice much of a difference. I'm not a GWF out in the open going head to head with everyone. I can function without it. I'm the guy who steals Node 3 and creeps around to drop down from the middle behind someone and one shots them. Or does a quick cleanup if they're still alive. I never really needed it. Burning is great for anyone for the HP initially.
  • Options
    Shadowy Opportunity 5
    When you deal damage from Stealth, you deal an additional 20/40/60/80/100% of your weapon damage as Piercing Damage. Piercing Damage cannot be deflected and ignores armor.
  • Options

majik518 said:

majik518 said:

This is the thing I dont get, I see everyone talk about being able to hit 40-50k crits with every class with their at-wills and such but my rogue can barely break 40k on his stealthed lashing blade now with +140% crit severity.

What's your ArP @?
    45% right now, I will reach 25 jewelcrafting soon and that will push my arp to where I need it to be.

I have a feeling TRs are going to feel OP as HAMSTER as in mod 5 once they get into T2 gear....
    I'm trying to achieve this. ;)

• Options
    With the full Lost set of course. Double hits on crit with a TR is amazing.
  • Options
    delta522delta522 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    This is the exact reason I came to the forums, to see if anyone else noticed how screwed up the rogue was. To be blunt Im not happy about it at all. I spent over $2000 upgrading my Rogue and was almost satisfied with it. Now, it literally isn't much fun anymore. It's way to weak, Life steal rarely works, it used to work all the time. The perk that keeps your stealth regeneration from being interrupted while taking damage never works. Again, way too weak!!! I have the entire set of pvp armor, not that im a huge fan of pvp but I wanted the pvp armor which increases damage while stealthed and increases stealth duration. Well I have it and I still struggle to kill stuff. At first, I figured whatever when I hit level 70 everything will be normal again. Well, was I ever wrong should have spent my money on something else like an AR15, fourwheeler, or more ammunition. Somebody please fix this but until then Fallout 4 and State Of Decay will have to do.
  • Options
    opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    delta522 said:

This is the exact reason I came to the forums, to see if anyone else noticed how screwed up the rogue was. To be blunt Im not happy about it at all. I spent over $2000 upgrading my Rogue and was almost satisfied with it. Now, it literally isn't much fun anymore. It's way to weak, Life steal rarely works, it used to work all the time. The perk that keeps your stealth regeneration from being interrupted while taking damage never works. Again, way too weak!!! I have the entire set of pvp armor, not that im a huge fan of pvp but I wanted the pvp armor which increases damage while stealthed and increases stealth duration. Well I have it and I still struggle to kill stuff. At first, I figured whatever when I hit level 70 everything will be normal again. Well, was I ever wrong should have spent my money on something else like an AR15, fourwheeler, or more ammunition. Somebody please fix this but until then Fallout 4 and State Of Decay will have to do.

Well technically the Rouge was fixed, they aren't going to bring back a glitch that was basically a cheat which impacted PVP, and made Rouges damage hounds in PVE. The fix was more to address the PVP issue which was an exploit that gave the Rouge an unfair advantage and essentially was a cheat.

Since you weren't a PVP rouge I can understand the frustration you must feel that you're being punished, but I can tell you that the dungeons in general are much more difficult for everyone. You can still achieve a level of damage that will make you effective in PVE but you will have to grind for it, or spend more money.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Delta.. it shouldn't be a struggle. This mod is amazing for our class. I speak strictly from a pve perspective. I'd really like to know what artifacts you're using, specifically what set bonus you use from your cloak, belt and artifact. Also, what encounters do you use? What does your normal rotation look like? Which dailies do you slot? What bonus do you use for your artifact main hand and off hand? These are very important things to consider.
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    Coming from a TR that has literally grinded for everything I have gotten( I.E. I have only spent $60 on the game), I can say that it might seem a lot more difficult, but you just need to adjust your play style. Personally now that I have the better gear with more HP and stuff, I have no problems killing anything. Some would tell you to act as a companion to a GWF or a HR because they "are sssooo good now". And granted they have been buffed, but a TR that knows their class can still out DPS and out survive any HR or GWF. That's not a knock towards either the GWF or HR, just a fact that I have personally experienced.

It all comes down to knowing how to play your class, and with this mod, making sure you are geared properly for the content.
  • Options
    No, actually I know probably some of the best GWF's and HR's in the game currently. All of which know their class, and have a MINIMUM Item Level of 3200. As I have said, some people can play their classes better than others. I can still out DPS anyone that I have come into contact with. That's not saying there isn't a GWF/HR out there that can out DPS me, but I have played with the best ones I have ever seen and they could not out DPS me.

So if you truly think that your GWF is better than one of my friends than so be it, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it. But my friend is sitting at about 18kpower, 18kCrit, 6.5k ArP, 5kdefense, 60% RI, and even a +115% Critical severity.

Please if you have something better, let me know!
  • Options
    caharan25caharan25 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    TR are still very good. In pve as well as pvp that said pve is executioner i think where as pvp is perma stealth. You no longer are stupid broken but still very viable unless as knives stated you were the bad kid who abused a ton of broken stuff and thought you were good....and well...yeah...
    Elle ~ HR ~ Q-SNIPE
  • Options
    blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    LOL. Thats fine, I can out DPS alot of TR with my CW. Only GWF will out DPS me alot of times. Unless they are geared better than me of course anyone can out DPS. Once i get my full T2 gear and my artifact items up i will producing the damage.

Its about how you play your character. Not your goofy ilvl or stats. yes you need to have the right stats. but a lower ilvl can still out play someone higher if their stats are set right. I am sitting at 60% RI myself but 2600 ilvl. I just know what i am doing to get it done.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Options
    See, as I said, it all depends on if the person knows how to play their class. I am not saying that I can out DPS EVERY GWF/HR/CW/SW/DC whatever, I am saying that of all the ones I have played with...I have Out DPS's them all.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

you obviously don't know any good hrs or gwfs

I cannot speak for him but I started out as a GWF. I was first in DPS for my share of dungeon runs. I changed to a TR to better compete in PVP and I never looked back. I've played with alot of great players and ones that were utter HAMSTER and in mod 6 I have never been out DPS'd by a HR. And no, none of my artifacts are legendary. If your argument for this is assuming the HR and CW's I've played with were bad then that is well, laughable. The nerf to the TR is greatly exaggerated by the haters and ran with. Will I be out DPS'd by one? Sure.. the more I'm running around having to daze and stealth to revive people going down taking away from my offense, the more it will most likely happen.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    The HR fanboys are trying so hard to overtake the TR in DPS because the TR has sh** on them for so long. The TR gets a mild nerf and they're running with it. Well, take away daze from an HR while rooting and they're nothing. How about that one. If you think a strong HR is going to out DPS an equally strong TR with a full Lost set then you're delusional.
  • Options
    Valid points.
  • Options
    bronitazbronitaz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    So champions of TR and haters of TR aside, I am still yet to get any constructive advice on how to make it BETTER :( I think my opinion is wrong in that TR sucks now, as clearly people are still having a good time. However, I am not a 3200 IS. I do not have a perfect Vorpal, hell, I'm wearing rank 7s. I am still yet to run through all of Lostmouth to get all my alliance gear, I'm missing 2 pieces. All I have is a Lostmouth necklace, Dex belt, and no artifacts for bonuses. Just the usual, lantern, dragonheart, Tiamat, Book/waters. Waiting for Double Ref to upgrade all my stuff to purple. My artifacts are maxed out I just want to do it all during Double Ref cuz you don't get that much of a bonus from going from 59 to 60 and whatnot.

Here's another point - I don't PVP. I dislike it in this game. If I wanted to PVP I'd play Destiny, or Call of Duty, where it's more about skill then items. Whoever says it's all about how you play your rogue.. I mean come on people. This is an MMO. There are only so many rotations, and just because you got a rotation down for a single target or multiple targets it doesn't make you talanted.. it just makes you knowledgable. I am yet to figure out this new rotation, right now I'm running smoke, hitting them a few times, lashing blade in stealth, then daze, then hit again, rinse, repeat. I'm an executioner but I am having a TOUGH time by myself, and that's likely because I'm undergeared. HOWEVER, looking at my boyfriend who has a completely undergeared GWF, he is slicing through things like butter. A friend's hunger ranger - same story, though he is geared well.

I am now contemplating respecing my Ezio's build to a perma stealth PVP build and considering my rogue for PVP only in the RARE instances I feel like it. Anyone have a link to a build please? Also, if anyone could give me a good Executioner build for PVE to consider, other than Ezio's, I'd love to check it out.

I really loved how before the game was fun and easy to walk through. I am very very glad they made it challenging, really, but for how I am set up right now - it's too challenging, because I go through about 40-80 health potions just to do my dailies, excluding ICewind Dale.

Oh, I have a weird bug in icewind dale - i'm not allowed to go into Icewind Pass. Anyone else have that? Says I must be contracted, and I have a quest right now for a contract.. I don't get it at all. I'm supposed to be killing Yetis there but can't even go in :P

• Options
    delta522delta522 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I hate what they have done, the feeling of awesomness is gone. Yes I can still kill enemies but nothing like before, you need to beat on them awhile. They pretty much cut our effectiveness in half, I'm not going to pay them for that. I've already spent too much on this game and am now weaker. That pi$$es me off, For pve that should irritate other classes too because now they aren't as much help in dungeons. Then you have inconsiderate people that kick you out of groups because they have something against rogues. So I thought screw it, and made a rogue that would literally tear things apart, now that feeling is just gone. Also I used to be able to use smoke bomb in a group of enemies and it would pretty much max out my health. Every time! Now it doesnt work hardly ever, before the update The only things I would die from were dragons and occasionally pvp even though I didn't play it very much. Normally 4 matches a day or until I got a domination victory. Dont get me wrong pvp is ok but people are not the friendliest on there. If I didn't have a ton of money in the game, well actually yeah, it would still HAMSTER me off. Just not as much, my cleric is ok but the rogue was my first and favorite. I have a Hunter ranger that is terrible, some advice on how to set one of those up would be appreciated. They need to change it back at least for pve end of story. Im literally ready to shoot a hole through my tv.
  • Options
    It is a bit more difficult to be an effective TR. It takes a lot more concentration and know-how in order to destroy things. Just gotta find yourself a nice rotation and the proper gear for the new stuff.
  • Options
    bronitaz said:

excluding ICewind Dale.

Oh, I have a weird bug in icewind dale - i'm not allowed to go into Icewind Pass. Anyone else have that? Says I must be contracted, and I have a quest right now for a contract.. I don't get it at all. I'm supposed to be killing Yetis there but can't even go in :P

You're preaching to the choir, Killing the yetis is part of the Lairs quest, right? Lairs is the only thing I haven't completed in Icewind but there is nobody to talk to for an open quest outside of contract pvp quests. Not being able to complete it for the third Auril's Tear is preventing me from completing "The Long Night". The very first campaign mission boon at the bottom (Baerick's Iceforge 1) and enabling me to forge black ice and unlock other areas. I abandoned it early on and it has glitched, permanently abandoned apparently. I submitted a ticket and I was told to post under the feedback forums and have people talk about it to catch a dev's eye. :/

• Options
    See its weird for me with that issue. I still have the quest sitting at 2/3, BUT I was able to continue on with that campaign just fine. Its like I completed it, but that journal entry just doesn't disappear.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The devs should take a look at it, apparently I'm not the only one having issues. I remember, I abandoned that quest when I was 2/3 complete. I only needed to find and kill yeti but I was annoyed. Where they had the blue circle there were no yeti. I looked for over an hour. I abandoned it for more room to do other things, I was going to come back to it. Sure enough when I came back I ran into yeti but they were nowhere near where the blue circle was. Either way The mission is no longer available, nobody to talk to. I need to complete one more quest to get a third tear. On a good note, I just reached lvl 25 in Jewelcrafting so I can make my lvl 70 Adamant rings of piercing. I'll make 4, 2 for me and two for my augment. Actually, abandoning that quest could full under the dumb things I've done in NW topic..
  • Options
    xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    bronitaz said:

If I wanted to PVP I'd play Destiny, or Call of Duty, where it's more about skill then items.

Destiny and Call of Duty as examples of PvP games that take skill makes me laugh.

On Icewind Dale, you must first pick a PvP side before you can go into Icewind Pass. You must sign a "contract" with one of the 2 PvP factions.
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • Options
    Have you ever played against an actual MLG Pro Call of Duty team? Yea, didn't think so. Until you have and until you actually beat them, your comment about it not taking skill is just trash lol. @xrollxtidex
This discussion has been closed.