test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The complete Warlock thread. Suggestions, Bugs, Feedback, Considerations and more.

1235»

Comments

• Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    Creeping Death is 'easily' displayed in the enemies HP bar. Doesnt really matter is the name is popping on the screen. If Im not mistaken, it has a cap of 25 stacks
    If I'm not mistaken, CD has no stack limit.

• Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

CritSev from Vorpal enchantments doesnt show in the character sheet, however, the bonus it offers is taken into account in the logs. And, CritSev can go past 100%, yes.

And for the last 2 questions, IMO, u should take Thayan Bastion, for survivability (again, thats my opinion). Creeping Death is 'easily' displayed in the enemies HP bar. Doesnt really matter is the name is popping on the screen. If Im not mistaken, it has a cap of 25 stacks, that keeps going down as it is consumed. Also, it will only stack (as the descriptor says) if the target is afflicted by ur Walocks Curse.

I see thank you so much for replying :)
    denvald wrote: »
    Forums finally back up, sorry for the delay

Vorpal enchantments do not appear in your stats list, however they are working as intended

Tyranny boons will take you a long time. However for a warlock I think taking one point in 3 choices is the best option.
    -10% incoming healing bonus
    -3% life steal
    -5% crit sev

Your weapon enchantment is fine, vorpal works better with high critical rates and severity, however still good even with moderate of the two above.

Dread Ring, I chose endless consumption. It has aproximately 30% to proc when you life steal. OF course if your life steal chance is very low another one maybe a good choice until then.

Creeping death is a debuff icon in your ennemy's bar, it should not be appearing in lettered text, it must have been something else. Also, creeping death only has effect if your target is currently cursed (lesser curses excluded).

Side note, soulbinder outperforms hellbringer in every aspect at the moment, it survives better, deals more damage and it's more versatile. Hellbringer is a dead paragon at the moment.

Haha when the forums moved I thought my post was gone xD
    Thanks for the feedback Denvald. SW was my first character in this game and tbh I dont know much about MMOs, I thought it would be wise to do what others say until I can understand my class better. So, I've read some forum guides and asked some people from the game. That lead me to believe that HB does more damage than SB, although there were a few voices saying that SB does more. Now, I'm not even sure myself ;_;

If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aspa12 wrote: »

Haha when the forums moved I thought my post was gone xD
    Thanks for the feedback Denvald. SW was my first character in this game and tbh I dont know much about MMOs, I thought it would be wise to do what others say until I can understand my class better. So, I've read some forum guides and asked some people from the game. That lead me to believe that HB does more damage than SB, although there were a few voices saying that SB does more. Now, I'm not even sure myself ;_;

Soulbinder will deal more damage because of soul scorch and Immolation Spirits for single target damage. You generate sparks for every crit, and every 6 sparks is one soul scorch, that's basicly having your strongest power being available to cast very often if you have enough crit it can even replace your at will or close to that.

In mod 5 and before hellbringers were the top DPS. However with mod 6 came a new stat mechanics, you can now stack alot more crit without having diminishing returns. That means have 40-60% crit can be extremely rewarding when your encounter relies on your number of crits and not recovery time (not to mention crit sev + everything else). However, if you have a low crit, or have yet to get high tier gear with good crit. Then HB will probably surpass SB until you get to those high crit ratios %

More crits = more sparks = more dps. I'm not completely sure yet but I think I'll settle down with power and crit enchants for offence, HP and Lifesteal for defence enchants

If you have any questions let me know
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    denvald wrote: »
    Soulbinder will deal more damage because of soul scorch and Immolation Spirits for single target damage. You generate sparks for every crit, and every 6 sparks is one soul scorch, that's basicly having your strongest power being available to cast very often if you have enough crit it can even replace your at will or close to that.

In mod 5 and before hellbringers were the top DPS. However with mod 6 came a new stat mechanics, you can now stack alot more crit without having diminishing returns. That means have 40-60% crit can be extremely rewarding when your encounter relies on your number of crits and not recovery time (not to mention crit sev + everything else). However, if you have a low crit, or have yet to get high tier gear with good crit. Then HB will probably surpass SB until you get to those high crit ratios %

More crits = more sparks = more dps. I'm not completely sure yet but I think I'll settle down with power and crit enchants for offence, HP and Lifesteal for defence enchants

If you have any questions let me know

I see , so I can use encounters more quickly if my crit is high. Mine is at 40.2% at the moment and my crit severity is 97.2 +12% from the vorpal enchanment (109.2 in total). I wonder if I should respec my character to SB. When you say that SB does a lot more damage than HB if crit is high, just how much difference r u talking about? I'm asking cuz I dont want to waste the respec token if its a really small difference. Btw any online guides for SB you would suggest? And thank you so much for replying, I guess there are a lot I have no idea about xD.
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

I see , so I can use encounters more quickly if my crit is high. Mine is at 40.2% at the moment and my crit severity is 97.2 +12% from the vorpal enchanment (109.2 in total). I wonder if I should respec my character to SB. When you say that SB does a lot more damage than HB if crit is high, just how much difference r u talking about? I'm asking cuz I dont want to waste the respec token if its a really small difference. Btw any online guides for SB you would suggest? And thank you so much for replying, I guess there are a lot I have no idea about xD.

Faster encounters is only true for Soul Scorch, it has no cooldown. Which means you can use it very fast if you have all your sparks built up (spam it!). Each crit (includes AoE hits) generates one spark. And these sparks are used to cast soul Scorch, which is a very high damage encounter power that consumes 6 sparks per cast

As for the point where one is better than the other in DPS ? That's hard to say, they'd most likely be very similar but soulbinder does better at survival than hellbringer, and a dead DPS deals no damage.

I haven't done the precise testing, but I do feel like SoulBinder deals more damage, eventually I might post a guide for soulbinders and a comparison guide as well, but not right now . I heard there are some warlock changes planned and if i make a guide I might have to redo pretty soon which turns me off from doing one

Cheers

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I played HB-temp, HB-fury, SB-fury, now SB-damnation from mod 4 to mod 6
    the big difference between SB and HB is
    1. the survivability and
    2. the very good synergism between immolation spirits and spark regenration + the 5 second bonus from sparkbinder damnation tree--> more damage from uptime + extra SS spamming
    3. Soul Scorch is a real good encounter, HB has nothing compareable
    4. dust to dust is the garanty to spam TT every mob group, making it a very good damage encounter
    --> all this is dependant to yourt crit chance , the higher your crit the better the synergism because fast soul spark regeneration means:
    1. 15% + deflect in solo play/PVP in short time apart from the selfheal
    2. faster SoulScorch spamming from immolation spritis and Dread theft
    3. faster TT spamming from dust to dust

I am pretty sure that SB damnation is the best choice atm, outdamages my SB fury 3 times in T2 dungeon (broken puppet)
    even running T1 I do not meat lots of ppl that beat my build, since respec to SB damnation from SB fury 2 weeks ago, and i queue a lot
    the puppet deals more damage than my SB fury build could deal with creeping death
    only builds that beat me until now were a better geared TR from guild and a GWF far better geared with lol set, but thats only a short impression, i think TR and GWF puts out more damage
    only problem is the puppet that stands outside the bossfight but thats easy to solve, just esc-Help-Stuck-leave before every boss fight and come back , so your puppet i ready to go
    my puppet even tanked one scorpion once and also tanked endboss in malabog castle, can´t say why it becomes immortal sometimes but it does

even doing PVP is more fun, f.e. contesting a node against a GF it is 4 vs 1 ! he has you in front the puppet beside or behind him and two immolationsprits who acn cast in his back depending of your positioning
    if I were a GF I would be really pissed meating these warlocks bc its not that easy burst-kill he is used to meat
    its fun against lots of classes :)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I can't even kill powries as a 2.2k fury now before they get off their AP drain. Blades, Dread Theft, rank 4 all consuming curse with +70% bonus damage to lesser curse. all pouring into these guys and they have like 20% of their HP left. I even used Soul Scorch. One still gets through. The damage output is sad.

Not even my righteous DC or conqueror GF have trouble taking them out before they can use it.
  • Options
    Do people still play this class? :)

Do warlock still exist on the server? I think I haven't seen one in end game for weeks B)

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can answer my questions since I'm only playing this game for a few months.
    I hope this is the right thread to post them, I'm not allowed to create a new one. :/

So, my critical severity is at 92%. I recently got the lesser vorpal weapon enchanment which gives an additional 12% on critical severity.
    I haven't seen that change on my stats tho. :/ Does it only activate while in combat? Cuz I haven't seen it then either.
    I was also planning to take the 8% plus on Crit severity with the last boons on tyranny. Can the crit sev go higher than 100%? Or should I change the weapon enchanment/chose another boon?

And 2 more questions :
    1) Dread's ring last boon. What would you suggest? Thayan bastion or rampaging madness? what's better for a sw?
    2) I have taken the hellbringer fury path. When in combat I' ve only seen creeping death appearing with letters only once when doing pvp. Is that how it goes? Does it appear more to you guys?

Please help me, I'd really appreciate it if anyone answers.

CritSev from Vorpal enchantments doesnt show in the character sheet, however, the bonus it offers is taken into account in the logs. And, CritSev can go past 100%, yes.

And for the last 2 questions, IMO, u should take Thayan Bastion, for survivability (again, thats my opinion). Creeping Death is 'easily' displayed in the enemies HP bar. Doesnt really matter is the name is popping on the screen. If Im not mistaken, it has a cap of 25 stacks, that keeps going down as it is consumed. Also, it will only stack (as the descriptor says) if the target is afflicted by ur Walocks Curse.

iirc unless they've fixed it, Thayan Bastion is bugged and only deals damage but does not block it properly.

Creeping Death has no stack limit.

Best boon for survivability is Endless Consumption in PvP. There is no other boon that comes close, even with relatively low life steal it's the best boon.
  • Options
    merlinsliegemerlinsliege Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hi everyone, as I am a new user I could not make a new thread so I hope this one is fine. My SW is having problems with his ability animations, his auras and abilities are not showing their animations, except when I'm next to a wall and zoomed in on my character. I've tried everything with the options tab from turning everything to high and just changing different settings. No effect, and it's getting kind of annoying not seeing what I'm doing as the SW animations are SO cool. Thanks!
  • Options
    Merlin can you explain me what the problem is in more detail? I can't really understand your question

• Options
    merlinsliegemerlinsliege Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I want to see my ability animations for Dark Spiral Aura, which is the dark purple balls of light circling me and several other abilities that won't show the animations. How can I fix this problem because I really want to see my power's colors and animations.
  • Options
    This might in you graphic settings.. it works fine for me, I'm not the best suited to give you advice about graphical problems though

• Options
    edited September 2015
    So I just saw the post that strum made about warlocks, I'll try playing again when that happens most likely. What about you guys? I know alot of warlocks mains are gone by now but maybe some of you are still there

• Options
    i am too lazy to switch to the next game
    so my main is a SB damnation and he runs very good in dungeons/PVE due to broken puppet etc.
    my setup is a bit into PVP but not that much, depending on skill and class the warlock has a place in PVP, but the core problems against some classes like TR´s piercing damage stay as they are, no dodge and no effective way to mitigate high numbers, you eat it all
    since HS is fixed my setup is WB-HG-HS so its something like a cc focussed warlock, works quit ok

Dungeon werer nerfed/fixed: a 2,8k GS OP can walk through endcontent like eTOS without any healer due to permadaily build
    eCC is possible to run even without heal and tank with a group of 2,5GS, except endboss

cryptic is too slow to catch up with the broken stuff ingame, they fix things but some just stay for ever
    if only some things would get fixed in this game like immortal OP´s, silly all ignoring piercing damage like SE and perma dazing hunterbuilds
    crytic is far to slow in fixing this stuff and that why things are like they are
    PVP suffers from the huge geargap between the player, wich becomes bigger and bigger every mod, wich leads to so many discussions
    all in all there is not much hope left for an awakening and a change of course by cryptic
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    denvald said:

So I just saw the post that strum made about warlocks, I'll try playing again when that happens most likely. What about you guys? I know alot of warlocks mains are gone by now but maybe some of you are still there

I'm enjoying mine... B)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options

denvald said:

I'm enjoying mine... B)
    No surprise, you're so chill B) I've been playing another game lately. I will look again into neverwinter when that said warlock patch comes in :)

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    denvald said:

No surprise, you're so chill B)

denvald said:

I've been playing another game lately. I will look again into neverwinter when that said warlock patch comes in :)

Well we'll be happy to have you back ese, though I'd try out Soulbinder Fury you might just respond with...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    finksteriusfinksterius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The Damnation feat - Spiritfire - My soul puppet only does 100 damage per second with 50% weapon damage at level 67. Did I miss something? It should do around 500 damage, if I'm not mistaken (which still is poor damage, but better than nothing).
  • Options
    finksteriusfinksterius Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    SW encounters:
    Arc, how about you make more encounter powers synergize with Warlock's Curse, as in Curse Consumption. Currently you have to spend precious time adding it to targets. It should be worthwhile in more scenarios.

Arms of Hadar (wonky hitbox, can be tricky to aim and grants no CC plus a long cast animation. How about widening its current AoE and adding AoE knockdown in combination with WC)
    Killing Flames (could give it an additional effect, like AoE burning around main WC target, for use in start/mid fights)
    Infernal Spheres (rather useless as is.. could use much love)
    Warlock's Bargain (increase the percentage of damage redirected by X% perhaps)

Special candidate: Harrowstorm (a Curse Consume for added AoE damage and additional effect. The WC after it's in effect should have more of an impact AoE wise)

Generally I feel most encounter skills are very weak in damage and offers little CC/survival effect. Those that do CC, has little other use than just that. It's sad to only have a very few semi-reliable encounters, when there are so many to choose from that aren't being utilized.

I think I will put my 67 SW to rest, until/if it gets a big overhaul. It is beyond boring and frustrating to play in its current state, sadly.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Harrowstorm should build damage and AoE radius for each cursed enemy in it's effect. Applying curse again to target will launch it, and knock down all in it's radius. Because you're choosing DPS, or control with this power, let it affect everything, not just one target.

Killing Flames, never liked it. Hate powers that require you to use em on something that's about to die because that's just deadweight in a rotation. Let it execute minions with a certain % of HP and elites with a lower % and have them just explode and turn the area where the target died into an AoE of smoldering eldritch flame way more powerful than Fiery Bolt.

Fiery bolt should apply a DoT for 100% of the damage dealt when hitting a curse target.

Arms of Hadar needs better damage to justify it's HAMSTER factor.

Curse Bite should apply a multi-pulse AoE on cursed targets that can overlap, rewarding you with massive damage for cursing targets.

Blades, needs bigger radius, more damage, possibly an additional effect like reduced damage. Should cut the damage you take, it is a wall of metal objects afterall...

Spheres, no damage at all, hits 1 target at a time. Make something useful out of it.

Vamp Embrace doesn't give enough in return. Or make it heal you over time, and work like a DC's HoT for a templocke.

Dreadtheft, make it at LEAST work with weapon enchants but other than that it's damage is terrible now for being such a long and restrained attack. I dare use it on a powrie and they survive and get the time they need to keep draining my AP over and over....

Wraith's Shadow, it's too clunky to use and I honestly don't know what the heck is going on with the power cause there's no FX or indicator on the target to tell me if this power is even on the target!

That makes the class sound more enjoyable to play as especially for solo content. I'd love to blow up powries and melt the rest in green flame.
  • Options
    bull53y3bull53y3 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I've noticed that if you cast Warlock's Bargain and it is the killing blow you will resurrect in the spot you died. All damage over time affects are still applied, and it counts as a death on the scoreboard. I've resurrected multiple times during tons of PVP matches. I have no soulforge enchantment.

Anyone else experience this as well?
  • Options
    bull53y3 said:

I've noticed that if you cast Warlock's Bargain and it is the killing blow you will resurrect in the spot you died. All damage over time affects are still applied, and it counts as a death on the scoreboard. I've resurrected multiple times during tons of PVP matches. I have no soulforge enchantment.

Anyone else experience this as well?

yes I experienced some resurrections no idea why,
    paladin has an aura taht resurrects you?
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    denvald said:

Do people still play this class? :)

Do warlock still exist on the server? I think I haven't seen one in end game for weeks B)

I still play this HAMSTER class, waiting and hoping the devs don't HAMSTER it up with new buffs (Ihave no faith in them at this point with this class.).

I put too much effort into getting this Warlock where I want him, now while I know for a fact 100% that I could do much more with a GWF, CW or Rogue with all my rank 11-12 enchants, I still like the challenge of all the FoTM rollers in high end PvP guilds.

It's a hard not life for SW in this game, they are not a bad HAMSTER like what you see in PnP, they are the complete opposite.

CW has better control and burst, GWF have better burst and defense, Rogues have better defense, control and burst over SW this overall is a HAMSTER class in comparison to what we have all played on PnP and other MMOs (WOW's and DDo's Warlocks are a lot better.).

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos