test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The complete Warlock thread. Suggestions, Bugs, Feedback, Considerations and more.

Comments

• Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    interesting

:cool: hehe
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh yes, something else...

At the moment SW's shift ability suffers from the same issue GF's guard had, it activates too slow. Previously for GFs it would sometimes take too much time to raise their shield, often making it impossible to hit and guard hits right after without being exposed to CC for 1-2 seconds (that's enough to react) . In m6 devs made GF's guard more responsive to adress that issue.
    So would be great if our shift was more responsive too.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Oh yes, something else...

At the moment SW's shift ability suffers from the same issue GF's guard had, it activates too slow. Previously for GFs it would sometimes take too much time to raise their shield, often making it impossible to hit and guard hits right after without being exposed to CC for 1-2 seconds (that's enough to react) . In m6 devs made GF's guard more responsive to adress that issue.
    So would be great if our shift was more responsive too.

Adding to main post in a minute

Will probably do some general thread maintenance today, it's my day off :)

• Options
    edited May 2015
    When I have more time and I really get down to it I'm going to make a temptation Soulbinder guide.

• Options
    twoedge1twoedge1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Are there any pets, boons, or items that increase your life steal severity?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    twoedge1 wrote: »

None that I know of. But they need to incorporate life steal severity in the warlock class, along some other changes IMO

• Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    twoedge1 wrote: »

Lifedrinker at Pure or Transcendant does.
    Endless consumption boon essentially does this too.
  • Options
    fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    denvald wrote: »
    None that I know of. But they need to incorporate life steal severity in the warlock class, along some other changes IMO
    I agree. I think it's the most reasonable way of fixing the Temptation line. This way you can give it healing capability without having it do over the top damage.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    fizbad wrote: »
    I agree. I think it's the most reasonable way of fixing the Temptation line. This way you can give it healing capability without having it do over the top damage.

How do you see Lifesteal Severity improving Temp's healing capability? What am I missing here?
  • Options
    fizbadfizbad Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How do you see Lifesteal Severity improving Temp's healing capability? What am I missing here?
    LSS will have to apply to the Temptation capstone -- this may require redoing it, given that they have to go out of their way to make it function the way LS did before Mod 6 changes.

Although this will also make LS identical to LSS for capstone purposes, which doesn't sound like good design either. Oh well.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    When I have more time and I really get down to it I'm going to make a temptation Soulbinder guide.
    I've seen many people asking around for a good soulbinder build. Would be great
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    fizbad wrote: »
    ... the Temptation capstone -- this may require redoing it.

Quite simply, yes. In it's current form, it's mind-bendingly bonkers.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Going to be away without internet for a week or so. I'm going to overhaul the thread, and perhaps give it new sections.

If I have enough time I might start my warlock class guide I've been thinking about.

See you all next week :)

Cheers

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Thread overhaul complete. Will polish the work over the next days. Also currently working up a level'ing guide and a optimization guide for end game.

Enjoy :)

• Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Add to the bug section ->
    Infernal Spheres rank 4 doesn't give an extra ball as stated.

Also, I agree TT is just stupid the way it is.
    Make TT do 10% of current damage and boost weapon dmg to balance

Just noticed playing around on preview, immo spirirts 100% crits or 0% crits for its duration.
    Not sure if this is WAI,so making mention if not.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dont know what else can we suggest to iprove SW but.

I know this .

I tested in a few weaks all class all paragon all tree and i can tell this ...

At lvl 61-63 all class all paragons can do (solo) dead ring in lvl 61 and 60 purple gear with rank 5 enchants no stone no weapon enchant no armor enchant with blue healer companion from OP pack.

3 class was a super weak (SM-IV) Instigator/ DC can only do with dps path all other options was dead end (but mybe i am not a good DC) / and SW with SW any option was a dead end on the first 3 mobs just ridiculous it was the weakes of all.

I dont say SW can't do any dmg cuz i still see some of them outdps any class with just rank 5 enchants but they survive mechanism are stupid like GWFS w/o the temp hp.

Devs shoud really consider to do somthing about it .

Btw vasdamas you shoud change your avatar ^^. pro tip chek this guy "ofnieslaf" .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    glarty wrote: »
    Add to the bug section ->
    Infernal Spheres rank 4 doesn't give an extra ball as stated.

Also, I agree TT is just stupid the way it is.
    Make TT do 10% of current damage and boost weapon dmg to balance

Thanks, added to main post.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I dont know what else can we suggest to iprove SW but.

I know this .

I tested in a few weaks all class all paragon all tree and i can tell this ...

At lvl 61-63 all class all paragons can do (solo) dead ring in lvl 61 and 60 purple gear with rank 5 enchants no stone no weapon enchant no armor enchant with blue healer companion from OP pack.

3 class was a super weak (SM-IV) Instigator/ DC can only do with dps path all other options was dead end (but mybe i am not a good DC) / and SW with SW any option was a dead end on the first 3 mobs just ridiculous it was the weakes of all.

I dont say SW can't do any dmg cuz i still see some of them outdps any class with just rank 5 enchants but they survive mechanism are stupid like GWFS w/o the temp hp.

Devs shoud really consider to do somthing about it .

Btw vasdamas you shoud change your avatar ^^. pro tip chek this guy "ofnieslaf" .

This is the reason SW is lacking IMO. We can't compare BiS characters to say the class is fine, because at this level of gear it doesn't matter anymore. And low gear levels the warlock has an awful performance.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    "ofnieslaf" .
    That one may go shove up his own <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I won't change my avatar because somebody decided to troll me lol

SW should be fine with a good buff PvE DC in a t2 party, but so are the other classes...doing better than SW though. I admit I don't do much of pve as I used to (though soloed DV and VT in m5 mind you xD) so I probably have no right to speak of the class PvE wise right now. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    That one may go shove up his own <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I won't change my avatar because somebody decided to troll me lol

SW should be fine with a good buff PvE DC in a t2 party, but so are the other classes...doing better than SW though. I admit I don't do much of pve as I used to (though soloed DV and VT in m5 mind you xD) so I probably have no right to speak of the class PvE wise right now. :P

I added your thread in the useful links section of the guide. Hope you don't mind :cool:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I added your thread in the useful links section of the guide. Hope you don't mind :cool:

That one is partly outdated anyway (part devoted to fighting other classes is), just can't get out of my misery and get a courage to update it so the other SWs start gimping themselves too. Meh...
  • Options
    glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?956851-Why-do-SWs-and-GWFs-have-2s-stamina-regeneration-delay
    zvieris wrote: »
    So in all seriousness, why do these two classes (GWF, SW) have an exclusive stamina regeneration delay after using Sprint / Shadow Slip (will call em S/SS for short) while no other class does? Dodges from other classes are more powerful in that they ignore all damage, whereas S/SS only increase DR by 30% which can as well be pierced and ignored by RI. S/SS also act as gapclosers but then we have such an abnormality like TR dodge which covers much greater distance and can be used more frequently.

So why does such a delay for S/SS exists in the first place? It makes stamina regeneration half as effective than on any other class. Imho, either a 2s stamina regeneration delay should be implemented for every class so that they couldn't spam dodge endlessly or this delay should be removed from S/SS.

This sux, add it to the please change list.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So in all seriousness, why do these two classes (GWF, SW) have an exclusive stamina regeneration delay after using Sprint / Shadow Slip (will call em S/SS for short) while no other class does? Dodges from other classes are more powerful in that they ignore all damage, whereas S/SS only increase DR by 30% which can as well be pierced and ignored by RI. S/SS also act as gapclosers but then we have such an abnormality like TR dodge which covers much greater distance and can be used more frequently.
    So why does such a delay for S/SS exists in the first place? It makes stamina regeneration half as effective than on any other class. Imho, either a 2s stamina regeneration delay should be implemented for every class so that they couldn't spam dodge endlessly or this delay should be removed from S/SS.

never tried it but if I would pump up action point regain from my DC a bit more, I probably could play a "perma-dodge-DC"
    doesn´t make much sense on the other hand
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I disagree with the concept that soulbinder should be a party healer in all the 3 ways it can go, templocs give up all their dps in favor of lifesteal, with the powers you stated the other paths would steel heal for a moderate amount of damage and dont have such sacrifice in dps, at the most i agree with warlocks curse cahnges. Other reason would be top paingiver SB, the fun to colect the souls, they in crease your damage, use immolation spirits and get to the end on the top 1 pain giver is something really enjoyable. But you did do some very good proposals.

Shadow slip:
    Of the ideas you have exposed none is the better but this one bakaslam wrote:
    bakaslam wrote: »
    To me shadow slip should:
    - Be able to set you free from CC (every second of Shadow Slip burns a second of CC);
    - Be able to be used while using powers;
    - Have a less stamina consummation.

2- Give warlocks a bonus to life steal inherent to a stat ability. Cha/Int/Con(I think it should be INT, because it's the least used stat, otherwise either could make sense as well) now gives 1% bonus life steal per point over 10.
    Best thing of the whole post.
    Soul Puppet and Immolation Spirits summon
    The total hit points for both the soul puppet and Immolation spirits (Daily power summon) should be increased accordingly with the new mod Total HP. The current situation being that they can get one shot by bigger monsters or simply die within 3 seconds of combat.
    I think it's a good idea but it would need something like: HP reduces based on tenacity amount on the opponent because in pvp it would be difficult to kill a pve based tanky Soul Puppet / Immolation Spirit.
    but I think having an ability or method of mitigating a single high spike damage would be an enormous help to our class.
    Hell yes!!!

3.2 Class Features
    Very good ideas.

3.3 Powers
    Appart from the healing associated, i like the ideas.

1. Lower the damage link further(5% per rank, 20% at rank 4 for example) + Speed up the animation to instantaneous. The daily becomes more smooth to use and has some nice AoE potential but the low damage link makes it reasonable in comparison to what we have now.
    good, 20% seems about right . About the cast i think it would make our lives much easier if the 3 targets are set automaticly after cast on the most hp enemies present, if you wish to set on another, just cast on him, when one of the cursed die, it will jump to the next higher hp avaliable this would also make it unusable when there were targets non intended to kill.
    2. Leave the damage link as it is and the animation time too, but limit the power to a single target.
    You're taking away the funny part, see all that damage floating around.

Temptation Feats
    6. The capstone has no interaction with life steal severity, and it should. Life steal severity should be accounted with the capstone as such: multiply the life steal chance % that goes into healing by the percentage of life steal severity.

Fundamental.

7. Give some means to increase life steal severity for the warlock - either with class features such as dark one's blessing, or with heroic/paragon feats.
    8. Vampiric Embrace deals very low damage, and such has very low healing, if this power was intended as a footstool for the temptation tree it needs to deal more damage or have it's value increased to 200-300% of it's damage dealt instead, or a combination of the both.
    Agreed, vampiric embrace should increase the lifesteal severity each time casted while not left battle, that way the longer the battle the more difficulty (perhaps) ot was getting, making a 15% life steal severity per cast to a max of 200% would keeps a SW on fight.

• Options
    norcaine1990norcaine1990 Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2015
    About the cast i think it would make our lives much easier if the 3 targets are set automaticly after cast on the most hp enemies present, if you wish to set on another, just cast on him, when one of the cursed die, it will jump to the next higher hp avaliable this would also make it unusable when there were targets non intended to kill.

Instead of automated targetting I'd rarher see Cursing being instantaneous or vastly speed up - even if only during TT (but I wouldn't mind shorter Curse time overall though it would be just a quality of life outside of TT - during TT though, Cursing is beyond painful). I do like the idea of TT curse 'jumping' to another target after initial target dies. Maybe not next highest HP but just the closest one (easier to code i guess, let's not give devs too much to work on else they break even more things >.>).

As for LS severity, I don't think severity is the problem, it's LS chance that is the issue. We don't need to heal for more, we need to heal reliably.

Like someone wrote in another thread, I don't see CWs having a 'chance' to CC or GFs having a 'chance' to block. Therefore I don't see a reason why we should have a chance to defend ourselves (which in this mod would still be underperforming, taking mob damage into account since no amount of damage brought back by LS will help when 2-3 dungeond trashes attack you at the same time - other classes can still dodge/block/turn berzerk).
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bring LS back to its former self, just "chained" to the Temptation path.
    If you have a curse running on your target, you get a decent healing over time from it too.

About Damnation, give the Soul Puppet a bit more "meat on the bones".

About Fury, may be add temp. HP to a few feats on critical hits?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the replies dudes :) I'm pretty busy with real life + pvp event so less monitoring the thread for a bit, I'll clean up and do more detailed answers later :cool:

• Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can answer my questions since I'm only playing this game for a few months.
    I hope this is the right thread to post them, I'm not allowed to create a new one. :/

So, my critical severity is at 92%. I recently got the lesser vorpal weapon enchanment which gives an additional 12% on critical severity.
    I haven't seen that change on my stats tho. :/ Does it only activate while in combat? Cuz I haven't seen it then either.
    I was also planning to take the 8% plus on Crit severity with the last boons on tyranny. Can the crit sev go higher than 100%? Or should I change the weapon enchanment/chose another boon?

And 2 more questions :
    1) Dread's ring last boon. What would you suggest? Thayan bastion or rampaging madness? what's better for a sw?
    2) I have taken the hellbringer fury path. When in combat I' ve only seen creeping death appearing with letters only once when doing pvp. Is that how it goes? Does it appear more to you guys?

Please help me, I'd really appreciate it if anyone answers.
    If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    aspa12 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I was wondering if someone can answer my questions since I'm only playing this game for a few months.
    I hope this is the right thread to post them, I'm not allowed to create a new one. :/

So, my critical severity is at 92%. I recently got the lesser vorpal weapon enchanment which gives an additional 12% on critical severity.
    I haven't seen that change on my stats tho. :/ Does it only activate while in combat? Cuz I haven't seen it then either.
    I was also planning to take the 8% plus on Crit severity with the last boons on tyranny. Can the crit sev go higher than 100%? Or should I change the weapon enchanment/chose another boon?

And 2 more questions :
    1) Dread's ring last boon. What would you suggest? Thayan bastion or rampaging madness? what's better for a sw?
    2) I have taken the hellbringer fury path. When in combat I' ve only seen creeping death appearing with letters only once when doing pvp. Is that how it goes? Does it appear more to you guys?

CritSev from Vorpal enchantments doesnt show in the character sheet, however, the bonus it offers is taken into account in the logs. And, CritSev can go past 100%, yes.

And for the last 2 questions, IMO, u should take Thayan Bastion, for survivability (again, thats my opinion). Creeping Death is 'easily' displayed in the enemies HP bar. Doesnt really matter is the name is popping on the screen. If Im not mistaken, it has a cap of 25 stacks, that keeps going down as it is consumed. Also, it will only stack (as the descriptor says) if the target is afflicted by ur Walocks Curse.

Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    aspa12 wrote: »

And 2 more questions :

Forums finally back up, sorry for the delay

Vorpal enchantments do not appear in your stats list, however they are working as intended

Tyranny boons will take you a long time. However for a warlock I think taking one point in 3 choices is the best option.
    -10% incoming healing bonus
    -3% life steal
    -5% crit sev

Your weapon enchantment is fine, vorpal works better with high critical rates and severity, however still good even with moderate of the two above.

Dread Ring, I chose endless consumption. It has aproximately 30% to proc when you life steal. OF course if your life steal chance is very low another one maybe a good choice until then.

Creeping death is a debuff icon in your ennemy's bar, it should not be appearing in lettered text, it must have been something else. Also, creeping death only has effect if your target is currently cursed (lesser curses excluded).

Side note, soulbinder outperforms hellbringer in every aspect at the moment, it survives better, deals more damage and it's more versatile. Hellbringer is a dead paragon at the moment.