What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Last patch killed FPS...

Comments

• Options
    glykenglyken Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Using an old gtx570 here. The patch set all graphics settings to max on DX11. Usually play with things on high in DX9, so things were a slideshow. Changed settings- no effect until I relogged. Problem re-occurs after a while (a couple of hours or so in Storm Front) playing (gradual deterioration).

The lost focus in Full screen is something I've had too.

Also had 3 crashes since. Only one crash report was able to be sent because the reporting tool couldn't connect to cryptic's end.
  • Options
    vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Having the same problem running an HD7970, i7 on Win 10. Did 'Dragon Alchemy' this morning, had a headache by the end of it. Tried several different settings to no avail. Was hoping to do some 'Storm Front' over the weekend, but can't see it happening now - sadpanda :(
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Game start - all goes perfect.
    After 15 minutes of playing my 60 goes to 5 fps.

Any devs response or we are ignored as always?
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    On an average day, there are 10-15 players online in my guild in the evening. Bc of the lags, fps etc. we had TWO players doing their dailies, the rest turned to other games or watched TV etc.

I joined the guild of a friend, to get stronghold done, if this keeps going on, we will lose many more players.

Is there no testing involved in this patches?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    beldenuivrebeldenuivre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I switched my display to Windows Maximized and got rid of the mission tracker. I was finally able to fight a dragon in the Caverns without feeling a mild case of vertigo. I don't know if this will work in the long term or not but it is worth mentioning. :)
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    /showfps command dosent working why ! . :(
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    murattti said:

Running fraps reports the games FPS drops repeatedly and over time just drops down to slideshow if nothing is done to change it.

Also its very obvious this issue is game breaking because the gateway for the web game is currently overloaded by all the players unable to access their toons for professions and settling for the web game. This patch needs to be reverted asap or an emergency patch needs to go in before the weekend this is game breaking and widespread to the point of believing nobody is unaffected.
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    read my earlyer post and youd know to use /HideDevUI 0 to show fps :P
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're looking into it!

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    Could you also look into why the rough astral from the epic dungeons on the web game are not double as well since its double astral weekend! Thanks! Oh and the web interface is still overloaded.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Gonna have to join the masses not playing this weekend if we don't get a fix in for this today. It really is uncomfortable to play for any length of time in it's current state. Just toss up any fixes such as rolling back the "fix" to the shader calls on preview ASAP and I'd be happy to go over and check it out. When using the /hidedevui 0 command you see tons of errors thrown by the engine when it's being overloaded. /fpsgraph 1 shows the ridiculous number of graphics hitches when the engine stalls out (shown as purple lines).
  • Options
    deganjideganji Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Has to be an issue with the UI. If I hide it, the game runs smoother than I've ever seen it run.
  • Options
    kitkathd said:

murattti said:

Running fraps reports the games FPS drops repeatedly and over time just drops down to slideshow if nothing is done to change it.

Also its very obvious this issue is game breaking because the gateway for the web game is currently overloaded by all the players unable to access their toons for professions and settling for the web game. This patch needs to be reverted asap or an emergency patch needs to go in before the weekend this is game breaking and widespread to the point of believing nobody is unaffected.
    ım not problem gateway professions i have asus 1 hertz monitör 970 gtx i cant take in game fps ffs .

• Options

im down to 6 fps in SH/PE a number of my guild members are 2.
    its progresive and goes down over time from login much like some kind of leak weve turned off quest tracker so we have 20-30 fps now but if we go into a dungeon and get lucky it goes upto 50fps if not we keep stronghold rate of 6-10 fps(with quest tracker showing 3-5x that with it hiden),
    changing gfx from max to minimum dose very little enabling directx 9ex gave a temporary improvement and each time you restart game youll start at 50 or so fps then drop down.

to check your fps type/HideDevUI 0 to turn it of type /HideDevUI 1

also no mater what setting i have its always registering as exceeding memory budget and often reading exceeding performance budget places like SH

and yeah i had almost no noticable difference in fps if i had everything totaly maxed or on minimum
    when we summoned dragons in SH and all the npcs vanished FPS also went up to 30+ before wed discovered hiding quest tracker

also if i just look at sky and dont have any ground textures showing i go up over 40 in strongholds, ground textures have also been lagging to fully render

for the record im running 16 gig ram 3.4gh 8 core cpu and 2gig radon r7

8 gb 2133 ram , amd fx 8350 gtx 970 i have too thanks so m uch.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    What is scary, the game for me runs much better after the latest patch.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Also worked for me, hiding the quest UI in the option menu; maybe some memory leak in UI.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    Someone in PE mentioned deleting the gamepref file and letting the graphics card get redetected fixes things. I did it but theres no way of knowing if it worked yet since there is still the latency issue all over the place making it impossible to really play tonight. Normally have 20 people on in guild during US primetime and tonight theres just 2 and we're unable to play due to lag and latency.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    logged in yesterday but didnt feel like doing anything cus of this lag...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    I can *barely* invoke and do tradeskills. I'm getting server not responding doing *everything*, even opening bags causes lag. I've turned off my quest HUD, turned my graphics to low, etc. and it's still a disaster.

Please fix this, immediately. Your game is broken.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Gonna have to join the masses not playing this weekend if we don't get a fix in for this today. It really is uncomfortable to play for any length of time in it's current state. Just toss up any fixes such as rolling back the "fix" to the shader calls on preview ASAP and I'd be happy to go over and check it out. When using the /hidedevui 0 command you see tons of errors thrown by the engine when it's being overloaded. /fpsgraph 1 shows the ridiculous number of graphics hitches when the engine stalls out (shown as purple lines).

It is actually an accumulated error considering shaders. Since we don't know the original code, it is hard to guess, where the bugs lie now. This was actually the problem or to be precise, still is with the formerly "new" Spinward Rise map. ;)

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I turned off the quest tracker and that helped. I just noticed the problem this week.
  • Options
    vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Just to update, still getting fps drop despite turning off the quest tracker. I have had no lag problems though, but have not done much fighting, just moving around PE and going to WoD camp.
  • Options
    -d3d11Enable 0 wil;l also fix issue without removing quest tracker, strum its the DX3d that you need to look at
  • Options
    you do need to enable it in launcher though or its a unknown command props go out to saladir1 for finsing this fix

• Options
    beldenuivrebeldenuivre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I tried to play a skirmish but it was giving me a headache, and my dps was dismal, so I booted myself from the party.
    I went to rant to my guild and that's when I noticed there were only 3 people on, when there are normally 15+ people on at any given time.

and the latest is that they are aware of it, but it is the weekend so don't expect a fix until next week.
    If I want to participate in the double astral diamond weekend I'll have to endure a case of vertigo and gameplay that reminds me of playing on dialup.
    No, thank you.

I'll be searching for gaming alternatives and I'm thankful I didn't pay upfront for multiple months of VIP.