test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Last patch killed FPS...

starbigamostarbigamo Member Posts: 742 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
That, having 1/3 of the performance and i know i am not the only one as both the guild chat and the CTA people are talking about it. a MAJOR problem. Geting 10 FPS in the SH... :(
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    prejekpaddlefishprejekpaddlefish Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Have you tried hiding the "mission tracker" in the "rearrange HUD" UI?
  • Options
    dagibadagiba Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem. Notest that if you press ESC and stay on the options meny FPS is GOOD wtf....
  • Options
    csseccssec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    This is bad! realy, had to change from Direct 11 to 9 to be able to play the game and even with that it is terrible, please revert or find a real fix for this asap.
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i chance max fps run game 144 again down my fps 60 usally down 0 ffs i dont know this problem very bad i tried edit files chance maxfps ! -.- need fix fps issue !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    tuncextuncex Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    every update became more convinced of the incompetence of the devs
      my fps droping so hard
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Ok guys i figured it out. Its the guest tracker.... Just press esc go to "Rerange HUD" -> Mission tracker = HIDE....

I hope that helps....

EDIT: oh you guys have it already.. but yes it helped....
  • Options
    archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    im down to 6 fps in SH/PE a number of my guild members are 2.
    its progresive and goes down over time from login much like some kind of leak weve turned off quest tracker so we have 20-30 fps now but if we go into a dungeon and get lucky it goes upto 50fps if not we keep stronghold rate of 6-10 fps(with quest tracker showing 3-5x that with it hiden),
    changing gfx from max to minimum dose very little enabling directx 9ex gave a temporary improvement and each time you restart game youll start at 50 or so fps then drop down.

to check your fps type/HideDevUI 0 to turn it of type /HideDevUI 1

also no mater what setting i have its always registering as exceeding memory budget and often reading exceeding performance budget places like SH

and yeah i had almost no noticable difference in fps if i had everything totaly maxed or on minimum
    when we summoned dragons in SH and all the npcs vanished FPS also went up to 30+ before wed discovered hiding quest tracker

also if i just look at sky and dont have any ground textures showing i go up over 40 in strongholds, ground textures have also been lagging to fully render

for the record im running 16 gig ram 3.4gh 8 core cpu and 2gig radon r7
  • Options

same here, full maxed or all in minimum makes no difference, as always have been with neverwinter, what sugest that the FPS limit is derived from some really bad programing.

Hide the quest tracker...

• Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Yes, had to log off, i need an Aspirin now, game lags so hard, like watching grandma's old dia shows. LOL
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    It's kinda funny as I just dropped a new GTX980Ti video card in my machine last night was happy I finally had a decent frame rate. Today I log in and feel like I'm playing on my laptops sad onboard graphics. At least I got a couple of hours of Neverwinter running like a modern properly optimized game (granted it took the most powerful graphics card available to do it, but still). I miss the days where things were tested before being foisted the community (and when patches fixed more bugs than the introduced).
  • Options
    bamkilbamkil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I had to turn off my quest tracker as well. I've always had things capped at 60fps due to vertical synch, otherwise I'm sure it would be much higher with a 970, i7, 16GB RAM, and SSD... but turning on the quest tracker knocks me down to 45fps pretty much no matter what zone I'm in. It was noticeable enough that I started getting motion sick when I logged in after the patch. I thought something was up with my refresh rate settings, but it turned out to be fps due to quest tracker.
  • Options
    jim9311jim9311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User

yes, thats BAD. i had to hide the quest tracker to make it a bit better, but inside stronghold still geting 8 FPS... omg... Why would someone freaking TEST a patch? :(

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    After the patch, I had to restart the client every 15-20 minutes when the FPS dropped to 20 and game play became unbearable (and this on a Titan X). Then I saw the quest tracker tip in chat and that fixed it. Now I have to keep toggling it to see where I'm at quest-wise. It seems like there is absolutely no QA, or ineffective QA, for this game.

I still have some strange intermittent client startup issue where once in the character selection screen, the animation is very slow and the UI unresponsive to mouse click. I would have to alt-tab, kill the client, and restart the client until the problem is not present. It takes me about 15 seconds each kill/restart and sometimes I have to restart a few times before it works. I'd imagine some one with a less beefy PC that takes a minute or so to start up would just give up after one or two tries.
  • Options
    nimandiirnimandiir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    "Throttled down the speed at which requests were being sent to the video driver during shader loading. This should help reduce crashes on many lower end video cards and have minimal impact on higher end cards."

This is what is causeing our frame drop. That one was free Cryptic ;)
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

bamkil said:

I had to turn off my quest tracker as well. I've always had things capped at 60fps due to vertical synch, otherwise I'm sure it would be much higher with a 970, i7, 16GB RAM, and SSD... but turning on the quest tracker knocks me down to 45fps pretty much no matter what zone I'm in. It was noticeable enough that I started getting motion sick when I logged in after the patch. I thought something was up with my refresh rate settings, but it turned out to be fps due to quest tracker.

Interesting thing that i had a friend complaining of motion sickness in neverwinter 2 days ago.
    If it wasn't for a health issue, i would say it is actually funny, but no. We had more people complaining about head aches and dizziness.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    nimandiir said:

"Throttled down the speed at which requests were being sent to the video driver during shader loading. This should help reduce crashes on many lower end video cards and have minimal impact on higher end cards."

This is what is causeing our frame drop. That one was free Cryptic ;)

If it's as simple as that how does something silly like killing the quest tracker have any effect at all on the problem? Regardless this is something you TEST before tossing out to the masses and just hoping it doesn't have a negative impact.

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    and I thought my graphic card went crazy last night, guess it wasn't just me... :expressionless:

I restarted the game and went to option to untick Full Screen and was able to do a DR instance and a GG PvP fine though :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    It seems that any overlay at all onscreen now causes framerate to tank. Try opening your char screen or god forbid your mailbox and watch that FPS counter go deep into the red (42fps down to 18 on my card). Seems 2D and 3D are just not playing nice together now. Also changing world and terrain dropdowns to med gave me a significant boost to partially overcome this nonsense. Min is even better but, ugh. This is what happens when you have folks tinkering with bits they didn't write.
  • Options
    ickebinickeickebinicke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    icyphish said:

and I thought my graphic card went crazy last night, guess it wasn't just me... :expressionless:

I restarted the game and went to option to untick Full Screen and was able to do a DR instance and a GG PvP fine though :)

I had to do this after i had the issue, that in Full Screen mode it's impossible for the game client to regain correct focus if you once lost it (for example alt+tab for joining teamspeak). Then you're in fact able to alt+tab back and see what's up in the game but your mouse and key inputs are still only working on your os instead in the game. (easy seen as your mousepointer dont get back the right image). Multiple alt+tab or windows+tab didn't solve this so taksmanager was the only solution :disappointed:

On the fps problems: as a programmer myself I would say that the behavior looks to me (as someone here stated before) that there is a new memory issue from this patch. Maybe (if there is just one new fps issue) it is cumulating from the calculation of the quest log order, but without knowledge of the code of this game I still just can guess :wink:
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    I had this issue. What I did was go to graphics settings and RESELECT dx11 driver then hit apply. Then I restarted my pc. That fixed it for me and it is running 100% fine again.