test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Last patch killed FPS...

Comments

• d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    Gonna have to join the masses not playing this weekend if we don't get a fix in for this today. It really is uncomfortable to play for any length of time in it's current state. Just toss up any fixes such as rolling back the "fix" to the shader calls on preview ASAP and I'd be happy to go over and check it out. When using the /hidedevui 0 command you see tons of errors thrown by the engine when it's being overloaded. /fpsgraph 1 shows the ridiculous number of graphics hitches when the engine stalls out (shown as purple lines).
  • deganjideganji Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Has to be an issue with the UI. If I hide it, the game runs smoother than I've ever seen it run.
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    kitkathd said:

murattti said:

/showfps command dosent working why ! . :(

Running fraps reports the games FPS drops repeatedly and over time just drops down to slideshow if nothing is done to change it.

Also its very obvious this issue is game breaking because the gateway for the web game is currently overloaded by all the players unable to access their toons for professions and settling for the web game. This patch needs to be reverted asap or an emergency patch needs to go in before the weekend this is game breaking and widespread to the point of believing nobody is unaffected.
    ım not problem gateway professions i have asus 1 hertz monitör 970 gtx i cant take in game fps ffs .

im down to 6 fps in SH/PE a number of my guild members are 2.
    its progresive and goes down over time from login much like some kind of leak weve turned off quest tracker so we have 20-30 fps now but if we go into a dungeon and get lucky it goes upto 50fps if not we keep stronghold rate of 6-10 fps(with quest tracker showing 3-5x that with it hiden),
    changing gfx from max to minimum dose very little enabling directx 9ex gave a temporary improvement and each time you restart game youll start at 50 or so fps then drop down.

to check your fps type/HideDevUI 0 to turn it of type /HideDevUI 1

also no mater what setting i have its always registering as exceeding memory budget and often reading exceeding performance budget places like SH

and yeah i had almost no noticable difference in fps if i had everything totaly maxed or on minimum
    when we summoned dragons in SH and all the npcs vanished FPS also went up to 30+ before wed discovered hiding quest tracker

also if i just look at sky and dont have any ground textures showing i go up over 40 in strongholds, ground textures have also been lagging to fully render

for the record im running 16 gig ram 3.4gh 8 core cpu and 2gig radon r7

8 gb 2133 ram , amd fx 8350 gtx 970 i have too thanks so m uch.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    What is scary, the game for me runs much better after the latest patch.
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    Also worked for me, hiding the quest UI in the option menu; maybe some memory leak in UI.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Someone in PE mentioned deleting the gamepref file and letting the graphics card get redetected fixes things. I did it but theres no way of knowing if it worked yet since there is still the latency issue all over the place making it impossible to really play tonight. Normally have 20 people on in guild during US primetime and tonight theres just 2 and we're unable to play due to lag and latency.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    logged in yesterday but didnt feel like doing anything cus of this lag...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    I can *barely* invoke and do tradeskills. I'm getting server not responding doing *everything*, even opening bags causes lag. I've turned off my quest HUD, turned my graphics to low, etc. and it's still a disaster.

Please fix this, immediately. Your game is broken.
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

Gonna have to join the masses not playing this weekend if we don't get a fix in for this today. It really is uncomfortable to play for any length of time in it's current state. Just toss up any fixes such as rolling back the "fix" to the shader calls on preview ASAP and I'd be happy to go over and check it out. When using the /hidedevui 0 command you see tons of errors thrown by the engine when it's being overloaded. /fpsgraph 1 shows the ridiculous number of graphics hitches when the engine stalls out (shown as purple lines).

It is actually an accumulated error considering shaders. Since we don't know the original code, it is hard to guess, where the bugs lie now. This was actually the problem or to be precise, still is with the formerly "new" Spinward Rise map. ;)

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I turned off the quest tracker and that helped. I just noticed the problem this week.
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Just to update, still getting fps drop despite turning off the quest tracker. I have had no lag problems though, but have not done much fighting, just moving around PE and going to WoD camp.
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    -d3d11Enable 0 wil;l also fix issue without removing quest tracker, strum its the DX3d that you need to look at
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    you do need to enable it in launcher though or its a unknown command props go out to saladir1 for finsing this fix

• beldenuivrebeldenuivre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I tried to play a skirmish but it was giving me a headache, and my dps was dismal, so I booted myself from the party.
    I went to rant to my guild and that's when I noticed there were only 3 people on, when there are normally 15+ people on at any given time.

and the latest is that they are aware of it, but it is the weekend so don't expect a fix until next week.
    If I want to participate in the double astral diamond weekend I'll have to endure a case of vertigo and gameplay that reminds me of playing on dialup.
    No, thank you.

I'll be searching for gaming alternatives and I'm thankful I didn't pay upfront for multiple months of VIP.
  • vyperdrivevyperdrive Member Posts: 56 Arc User

and the latest is that they are aware of it, but it is the weekend so don't expect a fix until next week.

For me this is one of the biggest problems I have with the current state of the game. I'm pretty resigned now to the idea that a fix for this will only come during the next Thursday maintenance. It seems very rare that the servers are taken down to patch wide ranging problems like this.

The flip side is that I can understand why they don't. The criticism they get from other sources the times they do have an extra maintenance period must be disheartening, and put them off of doing it more often. Like a lot of things at the moment, they seemed to damned if they do, damned if they don't.

• agnaethaagnaetha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Did I miss a change in display or have they just started using a single event display in mission tracker that rotates through multiple ongoing events on a timer. I remember seeing different/separate event displays up for each event in the past. Could this simple change to the code have created this massive lag? Hmmm... maybe they could change back the event tweek and end this problem.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User

What is scary, the game for me runs much better after the latest patch.

The problem is there are a minority of players the patch was targeted towards who probably are seeing an increase in performance. For everyone that was already OK we are seeing it greatly decreased.

Also must keep in mind that disabling the mission tracker doesn't fix anything, but does remove a new function in it that was poorly optimized and this helps cover up the overall problems introduced with other changes in the patch. As for me, I'll be playing the COD:Blops 3 Beta with the devs as this mess isn't worthy of my attention.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, it probably did fix the issue I was having with icy terrain too, as now it does not seem to freeze me completely when it is cast in an instance. Never really lagged me in open-world, just in closed instances. So it was a shader issue with my AMD card, that got fixed.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    sux that we can't play during double diamonds
  • sparrowofshadesparrowofshade Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    sitting in the middle of a 200 second "server not responding" while loading into phantasmal fortress. it's my third attempt to play today. xbox is also having issues. hopefully this is resolved soon.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Seriously what is going on. The game runs my GPU about 7 degrees more now. It reached 70 degrees during a dungeon run. That is more than any other game I play now.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    GRAPHIC OPTIMIZATION IS NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDED BADLY.

HIRE A PRO!
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Did anyone see this issue on preview server?
  • wizrd1234wizrd1234 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    While I'm riding my mount around struggling to control it due to the stuttering I hit 'b' for that remove all the hud to all me to take pretty screenshot and i'm back to full smooth speed, hit 'b' again and its a disaster. This isn't a fix as soon as you are hit the hud comes back destroying the screen.

everytime i edited files and up 144 hertz play alt tab down fps 0 , 60 i tried graphic issue i have 1ms monitor starting fps down lag .!!!!!!!!
  • soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    Not showing the mission (quest) tracker doubled my frame rate in Dread Ring and helped out everywhere else as well. This needs fixed asap.
  • glykenglyken Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    agnaetha said:

Did I miss a change in display or have they just started using a single event display in mission tracker that rotates through multiple ongoing events on a timer. I remember seeing different/separate event displays up for each event in the past. Could this simple change to the code have created this massive lag? Hmmm... maybe they could change back the event tweek and end this problem.

They're showing the travelling wizard event for characters not in a guild too. Can a non member actually do that?