test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Controversial: Is cryptic alienating their playerbase?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    crypticnotioncrypticnotion Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    IF money is the only thing important then have pay to play content.....greatly improved experience, drops, content. Then maybe you can hire better programers to fix your stuff where it works. And restore the game where people who had access to dread ring, shanadar icewind dale have access to it again without having to die a slow agonizing death of repetition on your new mind numbing content. YOU have come very close to running me off from this game it will take very little to convince me to say "enough is enough" I want to stay....I want to play but not like it is. there is less content now then when you released the NEW improved neverwinter. sorry a few bells and whistles don't make a bad situation go away. There is far more that was done wrong than right.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I've found another game where grinding lets you unlock all of its 13 classes which are even interchangeable while on quests without the need to log in or out. (you start with 3 base classes and work your way around unlocking more)

But most importantly....

Content scales exactly to your current level and stats. (something many people asked for in NW)

Ye....returning to an area where bosses had initially 50K hp, after you leveled up a bit...and you find them with 75K
    then 150K...
    Their damage also scales accordingly

....come on NW devs....for real....

If there was one countermeasure to not Alienate the rest of your playerbase....it would be THIS!

[edit] One last thing. I've said before and from my personal market experience (i've worked in several advertising agencies as a Graphic Designer) there's a very basic rule most successful companies use.

Don't cut out the small spenders. 1000 small chips are more than 10 big ones and small spenders tend to stay longer (and after minor fails or mishaps) since they feel their smaller sums are not much of a stake if things go south hence they'll keep the company/project running.

I think in all due honesty and sincerity, that cryptic and pwe are trying to bend and twist this rule the other way around which has never ever worked before, nor will it ever.

Why repeat the same mistake others did, hoping you will get a different result ?!
    Post edited by lowendus on
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Just look at Strongholds...
    + forcing players into guilds
    + adding another huge grind to the game
    + adding ZEN shop items to the game, to lessen the new grind
    and not a single Dev response to all the feedback threads.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    Adding Zen Shop items is not a problem, it's what keeps the game going. The problem is when they're forcing them down your throat.
    We're gonna have to wait and see how the grind's gonna be. Is it going to be the kind of insane grind that's designed to force you into the Zen Shop, or is gonna be the kind of grind that ends before it gets too boring?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    One thing I don't mind about the Stronghold grind is that the content is (excluding the dragons anyway) just a lot easier. Doing IWD or ToD, mobs are just too tough to take down, so getting anything out of it is a form of self-punishment. The enemies in the Stronghold zone are substantially weaker, so you get that feeling of "Ha ha! Yeah, die you orcs! WOOOOO!"

But yeah, I'll probably lose patience pretty quickly.
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Thread calmed down after the recent patch that's been out recently. I'm glad to see they finally made the changes to the EXP and difficulty curves past 61.
    I will definitly enjoy them when I come back to Neverwinter, sometime... Probably about when something is done for warlocks, that's my only missing piece really.
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    Only problem with this, the change is not based on the PC players feedback, but only on the managment (?) fear of losing a lot of Xbox players to Elemental Evil too.
    Otherwise they would not have waited this long for those changes...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    Only problem with this, the change is not based on the PC players feedback, but only on the managment (?) fear of losing a lot of Xbox players to Elemental Evil too.
    Gotta say, I kinda agree with this. I'm increasingly feeling less like a member of a game where fun is the main objective, and more like a beta tester...only I'm not getting paid for my time.

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Ironically, back when I was actually playing NWO beta, I never felt like that. But now? Well...
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    lowendus wrote: »
    I've found another game where grinding lets you unlock all of its 13 classes which are even interchangeable while on quests without the need to log in or out. (you start with 3 base classes and work your way around unlocking more)

But most importantly....

Content scales exactly to your current level and stats. (something many people asked for in NW)

Ye....returning to an area where bosses had initially 50K hp, after you leveled up a bit...and you find them with 75K
    then 150K...
    Their damage also scales accordingly

....come on NW devs....for real....

If there was one countermeasure to not Alienate the rest of your playerbase....it would be THIS!

[edit] One last thing. I've said before and from my personal market experience (i've worked in several advertising agencies as a Graphic Designer) there's a very basic rule most successful companies use.

Don't cut out the small spenders. 1000 small chips are more than 10 big ones and small spenders tend to stay longer (and after minor fails or mishaps) since they feel their smaller sums are not much of a stake if things go south hence they'll keep the company/project running.

I think in all due honesty and sincerity, that cryptic and pwe are trying to bend and twist this rule the other way around which has never ever worked before, nor will it ever.

Why repeat the same mistake others did, hoping you will get a different result ?!

Then there is the nerf to classes and equipment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    regenerde wrote: »
    Oh We are a Niche Market now and are basically going to be the 1 Module Ahead Test Platform for Xbox. I am oddly Ok with that though...
    They Really need to take a Hard look at the Policy of Implementing Vast Sweeping Changes then Scaling Back and Changing over to a more incremental approach of Balancing.
    NWO could still entertain a good number of MMO players ingame, if they would start listening to the reasonable feedback of those players.
    I have no problem with paying for games, but i expect to get at least something solid in return for it... and the Devs here are really failing hard in that department.
    Want to know why?
This discussion has been closed.