test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"- Then the launcher stops responding. :(

blackwidowskissblackwidowskiss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Anyone know what's up with that? - Never did it before this patch... mind you, I had to go into options and click 'force verify' and 'Safe Mode' to get the game to loade even before this update.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    I managed to get into the game successfully and then went to check out my guild's stronghold. Everything was fine until I attempted to exit the stronghold to go back to Protector's Enclave. The game crashed. Then, upon completely re-launching the game I got the same error message you refer to. I didn't even get to the Character Select screen before it popped up. Others have reported the same error message in a different thread.
  • arandompandaarandompanda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 107 Arc User
    Apparently this issue was known and reported about on the Preview shard but made it to Live anyway.

The Dev's made a thread of known Stronghold problems.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200194/strongholds-issues
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Apparently this issue was known and reported about on the Preview shard but made it to Live anyway.

The Dev's made a thread of known Stronghold problems.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1200194/strongholds-issues

This was also a know problem on mod 6 preview that made its way to some players during mod 6. This problem was able to be bypassed by playing in safemode or using -d3d9 command. That does not even work. I'm actually really glad it is happening on a much larger scale now. Hopefully it will get fixed because before they just didnt care.
  • rapcx1981rapcx1981 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I usualy enter in safe mode... other way i cant get in. In this time i can't make it work :/
  • lootjunkielootjunkie Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm in the exact same situation. Prior to mod7 launching, i could play the game but not get into the preview shard. there was a message saying something about tessellation not supported and i would get a black screen. Now that mod7 is up and running the same thing is happening trying to log into the game. I get a message that says "display driver stopped responding and has recovered". Oh well, I guess i'm gonna have to go play War Thunder until this gets rectified.
    As I see it, you will play a lot of War Thunder... Its frustrating and dissapointing that in every mod release is the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or worse...
  • northernlights60northernlights60 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    They had better do something to make up for this screwup for those of us that can't get in and have the common courtesy to actually say oops mistake working on it now and will have you all back on in X time. Some customer service would be nice.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I've got the issue as well. I have an Intel card, if it makes a difference.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    No known fix at this time. :( I don't know what's causing it or when it will be fixed. I think, though I'm not sure, that it's something that Cryptic will need to fix on their end. Again, I am not sure about that. My laptop logs on just fine, no issues, but my husband's desktop will not log on at all.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I thinks is the same regardless the card you have... By the other hand... Apparently some people were able to enter in the game(but still experiencing bugs and delays in loading some maps)... so.. is a really weird situation... :/
  • kabayorangerkabayoranger Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i have same problem to screen freeze before character selection, any fix to this
    rapcx1981 wrote: »
    This works for me.. i hope to u to:
    bluangeluk wrote: »
    Just for those who are at their wits end. I tried for 5 hours, everything imaginable to get in game last night. Force verify, safe mode, update graphics drivers, complete reinstall, deleted prefs files, restarted pc, -d3d11 in command line.

Elsewhere on the forums, someone indicated that they were successful with "-d3d11Enable 0" in the command line of the launcher.
    I tried that this morning and finally... here I am in Protector's Enclave. It has also worked for another person in my guild. I am sure a genuine fix will be available as soon as they can figure one out.

Just to clarify i use "-d3d11Enable 0" on command line, and select "safe mode" and unmark "Full Screen".
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    I did get in lastnight by force verify and safe mode however it took a substantial time to reload patch around hour .Then i came on in windows mode . i went to options in game and default graphics so went back to full screen played for hour. now this morning im having to do same thing hoping it works i got about 20 mins more on patch .
  • mryoung1104mryoung1104 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Safemode seems to work for alot of people, but it kills the graphics quality.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I would prefer not to reload the patch every time I go play the game!

• ctseanctsean Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The "d3d11Enable0" trick with safe mode still doesnt work :neutral:
    Lots of people are stranded out of the game from some glitch in this update. Anyword yet on a fix or workaround that works, besides safemode?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Lots of people are stranded out of the game from some glitch in this update. Anyword yet on a fix or workaround that works, besides safemode?

Took me almost two weeks after mod 6 hit before I could login so who knows?
    I aim to misbehave
    > @silence1x said:
    > mryoung1104 wrote: »
    >
    > Lots of people are stranded out of the game from some glitch in this update. Anyword yet on a fix or workaround that works, besides safemode?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Took me almost two weeks after mod 6 hit before I could login so who knows?

That's a long time of not being tempted to buy something.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    They are aware of the issue. They are working on a fix. Please try to be patient.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • rolandthesmallrolandthesmall Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    have tried the fixes and none have worked hopefully soon they'll fix it. nothing that was tried has worked at all
  • sinister2022sinister2022 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    They had better do something to make up for this screwup for those of us that can't get in and have the common courtesy to actually say oops mistake working on it now and will have you all back on in X time. Some customer service would be nice.

Yeah " X time"... more like Xmas time :neutral:
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    A new sticky has been made, please direct attention and replies to the following thread now. Thanks!
    Graphics Client Crash Issue
This discussion has been closed.