test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic dungeon monsters dmg dealing

Comments

• xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    *Sigh* For some reason I feel this thread just hasn't receive the amount of love that it should.

Perhaps I should remind everyone that this is Dungeons & Dragons not Campaigns & PVP. The Dungeons & the Dragons should be the coolest parts of the game.

[7/26 17:09] [Combat (Self)] Margold Tarmikos deals 184248 (158206) Arcane Damage to you with Oppressive Force.

^^Didn't dodge it cause I thought my fully empowered astral shield and regular divine glow would cushion the blow enough for me to use bastion afterwords. -.- Oh the qq if a player was this strong.

i have report this long ago with pictures, show in it completly ignoring DR/Defense, and doing 2 times the dmg it should like 200k (100k), i play as gf now imagine how insane hard this makes any dungeon, when 5-10 adds are on you doing double dmg ignoring DR/Defense. some forum moderator said they told Dev's to investigat it, it was 3 weeks ago so far 0 change, and i dont see them in previews server notes, so it WAI or they just ignore it.
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Even with full DR (80%) working properly, hits like this would one-shot all characters apart from tanks with full HP: [Combat (Self)] Ethraniev Marrowslake deals 440868 (466796) Necrotic Damage to you with Shadowclysm.

The whole one-shot mechanic of mobs in this game is ridiculous.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    Heck, I get one-shotted for 90k from Hexers who use their ranged attack. No AOE, no red-zone, just an incoming Magic Missile that insta-kills.

And the devs wonder why people are skeptical about whether they are *actually* listening.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jaydenomega812jaydenomega812 Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    Yea the one hit kill stuff is just old now. I mean it made me think I wasn't doing something right playing my cleric trying to keep everyone alive, but looking in combat log....well....I'm sure it's not me and reviewing other forums posts confirms it.

I will say this though...yesterday night I ran eCC with an OP in the group that managed to keep up divine protector since I would gift of haste him and use anointed army in between divine protector being down and thru the whole dungeon we only died at most 7 times. That was what the final board said. And none of us we're 4k++ geared.....so....I'm guessing that's why they have done what they have done, but again it brings me back to....party makeups are limited for successful runs now, OP's are a must have and GF's are inferior at tanking, and there is no room for human error. Step on an NPC's aoe and your instantly dead unless divine protector is up, but when an NPC's steps on my aoe....they just lose a few hit points...somehow I just don't find that fair or amusing.

Makes me wonder just how many people have left the game because they too don't find it amusing. People that might have spent real money to get nicer things because they wanted them and enjoyed the game. I'm just saying.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User
    Well, I was killed 26 times (the final board number) and it was about the average number of the whole party.
    These days, death seems to be cheap. That is why we pull the 5 bosses all the way back to camp fire area to fight them like a round ribbon.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Well, I was killed 26 times (the final board number) and it was about the average number of the whole party.
    These days, death seems to be cheap. That is why we pull the 5 bosses all the way back to camp fire area to fight them like a round ribbon.

Yup, when I run ECC with my friends; we do exact same.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.

Yea death is indeed so cheap nowadays in these dungeons like they are that I'm surprised 99 stacks of major injury kits haven't creeped up to 100k a stack.

If at all possible, I prefer to just skip that lil party of insanity in eCC with a TR in the party cause them 2 seals ain't worth 8 kits. Increasing the seals that drop will make it more rewarding, but still....all the monsters in all parts of the epic dungeons deal too much damage.

Higher player hit points...higher NPC damage numbers....ok...makes sense...I can deal with that concept...but....NPC's dealing out one kit kills to the highest hit point geared players....nope.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,373 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Yea death is indeed so cheap nowadays in these dungeons like they are that I'm surprised 99 stacks of major injury kits haven't creeped up to 100k a stack.

Hmmm! People would just buy the major injury kits from regular merchant in game using gold. Does anyone actually spend AD on it?

EDIT: Yes, it takes 25 silver per. I have tons of "useless" gold and I never thought about that. On the other hand, gold is cheap. Selling "junk" I pick up on the ground for gold is more than I spend for injury kit.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

If at all possible, I prefer to just skip that lil party of insanity in eCC with a TR in the party cause them 2 seals ain't worth 8 kits. Increasing the seals that drop will make it more rewarding, but still....all the monsters in all parts of the epic dungeons deal too much damage.

Higher player hit points...higher NPC damage numbers....ok...makes sense...I can deal with that concept...but....NPC's dealing out one kit kills to the highest hit point geared players....nope.

Those 5 bosses are not worth the injury kits (and DEFINITELY not worth health stone charges!). Better to let the TR sneak by (or if you don't have one, have the party lure them away from the exit and you can sneak by with the Cloak of Lesser Etherealness -- as long as no one screws it all up by following you).
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,046 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, after the Leadership being removed from the Gateway thing, there were a lot of comments about
    "playing the game should be more rewarding"
    and i really would like to ask the Devs, how can this whole dungeon/skirmishes one-shot scenarion be anywhere near anything you might even consider rewarding for players?

I mean, they put an itemlevel on those "encounters"...
    which makes you wonder, if they even tested those encounters with those itemlevel....
    or did they just ran through all of it with their GM/Devs powers up, and never even bothered to look back?

And while we are at it, i'm not really interested in some "Stronghold will be awesome" blogging or streaming advertisement rounds without ends... but how about streaming a regular dungeon/skirmish run from Devs with regular gear for a change?
    Now that would be something, i would be logging into twitch.tv for.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    Well, after the Leadership being removed from the Gateway thing, there were a lot of comments about
    "playing the game should be more rewarding"
    and i really would like to ask the Devs, how can this whole dungeon/skirmishes one-shot scenarion be anywhere near anything you might even consider rewarding for players?
    [...]

...well, more than doubling the XP needed per level-up between 60.999 and 70 (and the overlevels beyond) also has made this more rewarding, hasn't it?

/sarcasm.

• wardell2015wardell2015 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    @ suicidalgodot
    ...well, more than doubling the XP needed per level-up between 60.999 and 70 (and the overlevels beyond) also has made this more rewarding, hasn't it?
    sarcasm.
    [/quote]

I know there are a bunch of people on this forums alone that have a view of enduring a hardship makes a meager payoff come off as an rewarding experience.

On Topic: I have lot track of how many time I have been one hit killed by random NPCs in the T1 and T2 dungeons, with enough damage to overkill anything, regaurdless of gear.

I know they want to force the need for a tank, but the damage the NPC do seems putative and almost seems done for the sake of validating the need of the oath bond paladin. Yet, I commonly witnessed the NPCs crushing almost BiS geared tanks, so not sure what the balance metric for this game is. Immunity or randomly die seems to be how they balanced the NPCs.

Post edited by wardell2015 on
    edited August 2015
    That is just another point, even tanks can't really "tank" those mobs... they have to kite them around too.
    Then what is even the point in having a tank around?

Even those "telegraphed" attacks shouldn't one-shot a decent geared tank, sure they should take a lot of HP away, but there should be time for a healer to react at least.
    And instead of coming around with a real simple solution for this problem, they reduced the damage 25% but increased the mobs hitpoints 50% at the same time.

Again, the Devs should really be forced to play their own game with a regular equiped character, to really see and feel how this is working right now.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User

This is getting beyond stupid tbh. Look at this combat log:

VmRQkVO.png

- mob was debuffed with 3 stack of Bane before it hit me.
    - I had sanctuary up before i even get close to the mob (60% dmg reduction with Prot Paladin)
    - Shield of Faith = 50% dmg reduction

Despite all that im still getting one shoted.
    edited August 2015
    As i said, the Dev should really stop blogging about Strongholds for a while, and get into the game with regular characters and no Dev/GM i-win-buttons available.
    Want to know why?
    edited August 2015
    Yea some sort of public acknowledgement would be nice already.

And I like how they made all that stuff for the new class absorb such huge numbers as if all classes have access to the same things. It's like they just didn't want to add the OP class but since everyone wanted them to they just decided to get even with everyone by making end game content impossible.

Oh...you want a new class huh....wellllll.......guess what.....your gonna play that class and only that class and we're taking all your dice!!! -.-
  • agentorange9mmagentorange9mm Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    It's the DR bug that has been reported in the bug report forum. Cryptic decided to let it go for all of mod 6, maybe they'll fix it in mod 7. And maybe it will be an actual fix as opposed to a hastily done slapdash patch that always allows the same exploits/bugs to pop time after time, but meh... this game is what it is.
    It's the DR bug that has been reported in the bug report forum. Cryptic decided to let it go for all of mod 6, maybe they'll fix it in mod 7. And maybe it will be an actual fix as opposed to a hastily done slapdash patch that always allows the same exploits/bugs to pop time after time, but meh... this game is what it is.

I see a lot of maybe's in that comment. Plus to....I mean come on dude....how long has mod 6 been out now with it.
    quspiv wrote: »
    This is getting beyond stupid tbh. Look at this combat log:

VmRQkVO.png

- mob was debuffed with 3 stack of Bane before it hit me.
    - I had sanctuary up before i even get close to the mob (60% dmg reduction with Prot Paladin)
    - Shield of Faith = 50% dmg reduction

Despite all that im still getting one shoted.

Ya, why would ANY enemy hit players for 380k in a T1? We need answers.

ugh2.jpg

WWWOOOOOOOWWWWW look at that whopper. Do I get a reward like some free astral diamonds for taking a hit 4x what is should have been? I mean hey...major injury kits do cost you know.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Honestly people, stop complaining about 1 shot mechanics. Other MMO's have them and if you stupid enough to keep standing in the red when you know it will 1 shot you, you deserve what you get. Considering NWO is one of the easiest mmo's out there, I see no reason for complaining.
    edited August 2015
    Honestly people, stop complaining about 1 shot mechanics. Other MMO's have them and if you stupid enough to keep standing in the red when you know it will 1 shot you, you deserve what you get. Considering NWO is one of the easiest mmo's out there, I see no reason for complaining.

WHAT red zone?

It's a serious question. When a Hexer or a Deathlock toss out a magic missile, there is no red zone. It comes at you, it NEVER misses, and it insta-kills. I've even been hit by one that I saw go THROUGH the wall as I ran around the corner.

That arrow from the archer way in the back of the room? Nope, no red zone either -- just BAM, you're dead. The cutthroat who takes a swing at you? Nope, no red zone there, either. And I just love how they UNERRINGLY chase you down even when they're supposed to be dazed.

These aren't "powerful" moves nor are they telegraphed, yet they still one-shot. Getting hit by them has nothing to do with stupidity, except for the utter stupidity of having such attacks do that much damage. In in fact, it's even MORE stupid when you take into account that their armorpen is so high that NO amount of defense will save you.

We are four months into mod 6, a week shy of mod 7, and at least three months since the famous dev blog announcing that they understood that they had made mistakes in mod 6. Yet, the extreme difficulty remains along with the ability of EVERY enemy in epic dungeons to one-shot anyone. I think players have every right to be skeptical, at the very least, of whether anyone is *actually* listening at Cryptic. I also think that players have every right, now four months in, to say, "time's up" and demand action.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    As much as I agree with you. It's obvious that for the next few weeks/months nothing will be done.
    It's SH all the way. And looking at the past experience, there will be new things to fix in mod7 so those from mod6 are waaaaaaay behind.

Read something that they will indeed work to ease things out - if it's really needed BTW.
    One shots are annoying as f*** thus there's no real need for a tank. I tried to build one from beg of mod6. Few weeks after it was done, and few hundreds of OHK's :) I decided it's not worth the hassle.

On the preview shard forums dev's wrote that with the new eq things should be easier. Well if you ask me if they don't fix the DR bug and don't reduce the critters arpen, no gear will save us! :( not even the fansy looking shiny new stuff from the guild vendor.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
    edited August 2015
    The Stronghold equipment won't be any help either, unless they have woven the bug fix into that gear, trying to force players into Strongholds.
    Grind through Strongholds to be able to grind dungeons and skirmishes again - and at this point, nothing along that line would really surprise me anymore.
    Want to know why?

Easiest MMO out there?? NW?? Umm...nope not on the same page with that.

I've played different MMO's and NW has become the only one with 1 shot mechanics all the time every time. Take for instance STO (Star Trek Online), there are one shot mechanics there but they have long cooldowns thus making it impossible to use them all the time every time. Still though...where is my one hit shot mechanic towards an NPC then?
    regenerde wrote: »
    The Stronghold equipment won't be any help either, unless they have woven the bug fix into that gear, trying to force players into Strongholds.
    Grind through Strongholds to be able to grind dungeons and skirmishes again - and at this point, nothing along that line would really surprise me anymore.

Yea some of the Strongholds gear I have seen from preview...I wouldn't even want to give up my artifact belts to use. Another artifact mainhand and offhand...oh boy...more rp down the drain. Epic Dragon mainhand goes to very rare Elemental mainhand. -.- Would say it balances out, but since NPC's got huge boosts to hit points and damage it doesn't.

No [Red zone] on these attacks:

[Combat (Self)] Enforcer deals 182534 (153829) Physical Damage to you with Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Cutthroat deals 107558 (70719) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Cutthroat deals 110573 (72702) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.

This one has a red zone, but doesn't it strike anyone as still extreme?

[Combat (Self)] Traven Blackdagger deals 505298 (827399) Fire Damage to you with Fire Bomb.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    You know, ill bet you guys complaining are the same people ho never finished epic dread vault. You know, the dungeon thaat actually required skill and player coordination to beat and that being highly geared didn't just let you roflstomp it. Its the end game pve content, it should be hard and it can be done, contrary to some people belief, with a 2k group without a paladin on tank.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    You know, ill bet you guys complaining are the same people ho never finished epic dread vault. You know, the dungeon thaat actually required skill and player coordination to beat and that being highly geared didn't just let you roflstomp it. Its the end game pve content, it should be hard and it can be done, contrary to some people belief, with a 2k group without a paladin on tank.

I have finished dread vault multiple times with random pug parties, and it was hard and there were failures but it does not compare to the new broken dungeons. In ecc you have one shot killers like the hexers that cannot be avoided and they give no warning either, but ok, one can deal with that: good crowd control/tanking/burst heals and getting the final boss can be a smooth run. The final boss however does not in any way compare to the final Dread Vault boss, people post videos here showing they beat Blackdagger legit like its a momentous event, and it should not be a momentous event. Blackdagger is bad enough with his one shotters and massive hit points, but when those hexers spawn you are at the mercy of random luck, if they don't target the tank you will be one shotted. The legit success rate of the final boss is probably less than 0.1 %, that is too low and that proves that its not about a lack of skill but of a very cheap boss battle design.

Hard doesn't equate to being dead every time you slip up i.e. not dodging in time to avoid a red aoe. But, really the thing about it is being dead when you are fully alert and paying attention. I mean the melee classes that have to get in the enemy face in order to even strike it are suffering the most. I mean come on dude....what are we supposed to do playing as a gwf...run up and smack an ad once then run away from him waiting until he has dispensed his one hit kill attack then rinse and repeat? Just lame. Not to mention your just going to run out of stamina to avoid the aoe plus even doing the above someone else is probably going to get hit by him instead since the agro will shift while the gwf is running away. It's become a lose lose situation.

When I play other mmo's I don't die as much as I do in this one.

Oh and when epic Dread Vault was around...my cw which is the one I play the most...would smash right on thru there even with the worst of pugs. Here comes the mindflayer out of nowhere with the stunning aoe...quick...throw down icy terrain and dodge away. Not that it was that simple it was just more avoidable. The different between then and now has moved away from skillful anticipation of your enemy while using fast reaction speed to just random luck, 4k gear, and divine protector with gift of haste spamming.

If major injury kits were a zen store only item that was BoA....there would be no one left playing the dungeons in this dungeons & dragons game.

edited August 2015
    You know, i'll bet you use any bug and exploit available ingame to get through dungeons and skirmishes...

Not really helpfull, and btw. it's about normal/regular attacks, that will just flatline you without a chance. But all of this so easy for you, how about joining a real 2k IL PuG and streaming the whole run.

Or even better, try to get a handfull of Devs to run with you on the recommended IL... should be fun to watch that run.
    Want to know why?
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    No [Red zone] on these attacks:

[Combat (Self)] Enforcer deals 182534 (153829) Physical Damage to you with Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Cutthroat deals 107558 (70719) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.
    [Combat (Self)] Cutthroat deals 110573 (72702) Physical Damage to you with Melee Attack.

This one has a red zone, but doesn't it strike anyone as still extreme?

[Combat (Self)] Traven Blackdagger deals 505298 (827399) Fire Damage to you with Fire Bomb.

Oh, thefabricant is totally right. I mean, these are all doable... yknow, if your Devoted Cleric isn't Faithful AC he's just unskilled, and if your Guardian Fighter isn't a protector, he just sucks too. Oh, the Great Weapon Fighter didn't spec detroyer? Don't they know the other 2 paths are just for decoration?

And traven's attack? Just dodge it! I mean.... everyone has a dodge and stamina always available right? I mean... dodging the 70k archer hit doesn't use stamina right? Oh... you don't have a dodge? just block or unstoppable to make sure you have max damage resistance (80%). 20% of 800k damage only leaves 160k damage. you have the HP to withstand that right? I mean... it's not like epic mobs have Armour Penetration at all.... um....

Yeah... sarcasm aside...

Oh... guess what.... thinking that this is all okay and this is good game design is utter trash. Games are meant to be playable. You shouldn't be dead every time because of one mistake. You can't even learn the patterns of everything if one mistake wipes you every time. Other games also let you pick up your teammates indefinitely, health pots which give you more than 10% of your hp with lower cooldowns, or give you more mobility than mobs so you can actually manoeuvre.