test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pu/T. Elven Battle Enchantmnet

124»

Comments

• quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    When you think about balance try to take pve in to account. After all it's a pve game with pvp as a bonus. Instead of changing values on the enchants they could just release some kind of potions which disables enemy enchants for 5s or so, with "X"s cd.

This could greatly reduce the problem of broken OP enchants without affecting PvE.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    shillaen wrote: »
    kweassa wrote: »
    yea,...nice one..fast pace combat good...
    CC need to look into again....give us immunity after CC landed...
    and elven can be toned down :smile:

Give me immunity to damage after prior damage lands, then.

yes we got alot already..its called enchantment..dude...
    deflect..defense.... "NEGATION"....its there any enchantment reduce CC??....dOooh....
    i know...i knowww.....
    oh yea....ELVEN BATTLE,,,,its the ONE taht you always crying about...

deflect reduces cc.
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    I don't now how much exactly this enchantment "breaks the game" (not rich enough to get it), but I do know that CC is annoying. Nothing makes you rage more than pressing buttons and see nothing happening. Less CC means faster paced combat, which is good.

Good for only people accustomed to heavily armed/armored classes that rely on bruteforce. There are actually classes builds that emphasize on technicality, you know.

Imagine a nice, professional wrestling match, where a "technician" type and a classic, old-style "big man" type squares off in the ring. The big man is a towering presence with raw strength, power, and durability, whereas the technician is shorter, relative much more small in build, and therefore needs to rely on stuff like more speed, more tricky moves, and tactical shots to weak areas of the big man to momentarily stun him to get his signature moves in.

And in that match, guess what happens when somebody simply disallows every single technical, stunning move the technicain has.

Is it a fast paced combat? Oh sure. It's gonna be fast paced in that the big man is simply gonna beat the technician to a pulp, thus, the match ending quickly.

Well nothing stops the technician from slipping under the big guy and kicking him in the nuts. I'm sure that will be more entertaining to everyone than watching them dance for an hour.
    This is supposed to be an action MMO, but PVP in particular is a turtle race. All those annoying defensive tactics, and various CC. Don't get me wrong, I can dance around a node with my HR, keeping 2-3 enemies occupied to give my team a tactical advantage. But killing each other is fun. Dancing around a node with an enemy OP, scratching him slightly with a "striker" class, is not. Getting CCed half of the fight, is not fun either.
  • shillaenshillaen Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    yea,...nice one..fast pace combat good...
    CC need to look into again....give us immunity after CC landed...
    and elven can be toned down :smile:

Give me immunity to damage after prior damage lands, then.

yes we got alot already..its called enchantment..dude...
    deflect..defense.... "NEGATION"....its there any enchantment reduce CC??....dOooh....
    i know...i knowww.....
    oh yea....ELVEN BATTLE,,,,its the ONE taht you always crying about...

deflect reduces cc.

naah...
    and theres no information in the tool tip..about reducing cc...
    only : Deflect =Increases the chance that you will ignore a large amount of incoming damage.

sorry nox ... i dnt think deflection reduce cc.
    macjae wrote: »
    naah...
    and theres no information in the tool tip..about reducing cc...
    only : Deflect =Increases the chance that you will ignore a large amount of incoming damage.

sorry nox ... i dnt think deflection reduce cc.

You're wrong. Statement of fact.

in that case,...great thanks for the tips... :smile:
  • galilsongalilson Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Am I missing something here? Elven Battle gives 80% resistance to a bunch of CC effects. It used to be 200% last mod. so, the author is either really confused, or really making things up to make a point. Either way, you say it takes away from game mechanics in pvp, all enchants are designed to give advantage, negation makes people tanky as hell and need to be CCed and focused to be killed, and Elven battle just makes them slippery but squishy so just use your dashes to avoid them while you try to land the 1 shot hit on them.
    while I was writing this, I kept checking the date of this post, it sure felt as if it time traveled from mod5, or did you prewrite it a long time ago and just decided to post?
    Wonder why Neverwinter staff dont like me >;O
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Yeah shillaen. Deflect reduces CC. That's why when devs proposed possible buffs (that never came) to GWF, on of the things listed was "GWF stuns now cannot be deflected".

When deflected, your CC is reduced for the amount of your deflect severity. That's why CCing, for example, a TR, on GWF, is so unreliable.
    47% deflect chance and 75% severity on some TRs.
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    galilson wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Elven Battle gives 80% resistance to a bunch of CC effects. It used to be 200% last mod. so, the author is either really confused, or really making things up to make a point.

Nothing changed. The tooltip's presentation being "200% mor resistant", has been changed to give exact amount of resistance specified as being "+80% CC resistance". If you missed something, it is this.

Either way, you say it takes away from game mechanics in pvp, all enchants are designed to give advantage, negation makes people tanky as hell and need to be CCed and focused to be killed, and Elven battle just makes them slippery but squishy so just use your dashes to avoid them while you try to land the 1 shot hit on them.

It's easy to assume such things when you haven't actually been in the other guy's shoes. What is actually happening in PvP, to a CC-heavy class, when fighting someone with TEB equipped, would be the equivalent of a high-damage DPS class meeting someone equipped with two Negation echantments.

while I was writing this, I kept checking the date of this post, it sure felt as if it time traveled from mod5, or did you prewrite it a long time ago and just decided to post?

Gee, what do you think?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
    edited July 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Yeah shillaen. Deflect reduces CC. That's why when devs proposed possible buffs (that never came) to GWF, on of the things listed was "GWF stuns now cannot be deflected".

When deflected, your CC is reduced for the amount of your deflect severity. That's why CCing, for example, a TR, on GWF, is so unreliable.

Yes, pando.

Which means, basically TEB is the same thing as someone getting 100% deflect chance against any inbound CCs, with an even higher CC-resistance bonus applied than the TRs have their deflect bonus counted as CC-resistance... and if some of the people weren't so biased, they would actually recall what happens when someone tries any CC on a TR and gets that deflected.

Basically, the TR just "flinches" for a moment and goes about his way. That happens around 1/3rd ~ half the time when you target a TR. Now imagine an overpowered-as-heck DC or Paly, or even a MI/TR, that is effected even shorter a time, 100% of the time.

edited July 2015
    pando83 wrote: »

i see...thanks for explanation pando abt deflection...i only see what is the tooltip described..
    well good to know...and abt elven/negation...i let the dev decided,...hopefully balanced and fair for CC and nonCC class....
    galilson wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Elven Battle gives 80% resistance to a bunch of CC effects. It used to be 200% last mod. so, the author is either really confused, or really making things up to make a point. Either way, you say it takes away from game mechanics in pvp, all enchants are designed to give advantage, negation makes people tanky as hell and need to be CCed and focused to be killed, and Elven battle just makes them slippery but squishy so just use your dashes to avoid them while you try to land the 1 shot hit on them.

yea i think elven nerfed already,...hehe you put it nicely ..good answer...
    ashnnw wrote: »
    Easy Answer CC him down its quick and easy, or just cc him off the node, Any Paly of any IL can be CCed down in seconds aTR, HR can lock a Paly down down indefinitely, with Crushing Roots and Smoke Bomb, TR dazing in between, SE when its up. and if they are with a healer, well then your other two nodes are free, or grab a CW and take both down in CC train.

this is from other thread,.....LOL
    do you think DC/OP need anti CC enchant??...please lol....

well maybe some of you would say..to me...its mechanic bla.bla..bla , elven ecnhant make it impossible to do it..etc....CC classes wanted to make this always happen **** perma CCed...but from the DC/OP side...its broken....nobody..no players want to be unable do anything until he died,..because of perma CCed..cant counter it at all..

then youll said..DC/OP combo..immortal..its the different topic..its class balanced..please...

Samething..theres devastating combo CW+HR = perma CCing+killing...(theres on youtube i think its EoA inhouse pvp)
    or CW+CW perma cc+kill
    CW+TR..combo CC...+kill...as ashnnw said

====CC class didnt like their cc cannot landed long enough/perma to kill =====
    ====nonCC class didnt like either about long cc/perma , unable to do anything==

so what happen?...let dev decided ghahhahah :smile:

Post edited by shillaen on
    CW CC is fine, they're control wizard's after all. Their survivality and dmg is a bit over the top though.
  • vexus99vexus99 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Always amuses that in pvp CWs are some kind of CC standard to be feared of while GFs, HRs can pretty much stun lock you anytime.
    Maybe an Oppressor could do it but CWs 95% are Not Oppressors.

With Elven battle CWs entangling force is about 1 sec so you don't need to put in CC breaker.

Great point. HR's are the real ranged control toons. Trappers might be better referred to as Control Rangers, because they have more single target control than a Control Wizard could ever dream to have.

Regardless, CC is a crucial aspect of defeating tanky characters. With a TEB, mechanics like the CW's freeze are simply rendered non-existent. That seems to go too far.

Are there any other enchants that render an entire class' mechanic useless? Is there going to be a "Transcendebt Psionic Bastion" Enchant that will reduce DoT damage by 90% and reveal anyone in stealth within 100 meters for your entire team to see? Because that seems useful too ... even if it renders the TR's stealth mechanic useless. So far ... I'm not aware of any mechanic-breaking Enchants other than EB.
    Post edited by vexus99 on
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    I was always in favour of deflect reducing cc, it also makes sense that you deflect both damage and cc and lets say it clear. With wisdom not working it s necessary.
    But elven battle us just too much.
    Negation does negate damage for example but its no way near to be immune to damage... elven battle is instead.
    Too much. And the additional stamina just makes it even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    A good example of more or less balanced enchant is tran. Barkshield is it wasnt proc of at wills and boons
    edited July 2015
    If you need more control duration... how about you spec for it, instead of going for damage? I swear CW's are just as potato like as the Hipster rogues. You (C)raptastic (W)hinebags already are ignoring 66% of the CC mitigation that is provided by tenacity. Now you either spec for CC and deal less damage or you spec for higher damage and the result will be less CC duration. Considered that the CW itself is already way too tanky (too much hp, too much DR, for a cloth/pyjama wearer.) this sounds like a fair tradeoff. Besides, it's not like every toon is running around with a r12 elven battle, so the usual 'CW-drama' is pretty uncalled for.

Take the CC feats and boons, or uninstall. The choice is your's, my kiddie friends.

It is pretty evident that your confident argument is -- unfortunately -- not backed up by experience. Instead, you are just assuming no CW player would be that crazy to actually run a build like that.

Why do you think I am complaining about TEB in the first place? Because I didn't build my CW "spec for CC and deal less damage"? You think I'm complaining about this because I've built a cookie-cutter DPS CW build like other guys and now I'm just whining about insufferably short CC durations despite I didn't make efforts to make it better? Like how some CW players always complain "we've got least control despite being a control wizard"?

No. I've built for it. My specs are;

27 WIS: +17%
    Valyndra's set: +15%
    3 artifacts + offhand stat bonus = +10%
    offhand class feature bonus = +5%
    Orb of Imposition + Oppressor feat = +24%
    +71% Control Bonus

This is not the theoreical maximum but its still very high. From this point the only thing I can do is get the 4th artifact for another +600 control bonus, upgrade the rest 3 artifacts from leg. to myth., which would probably boost another 5~7%... and then get the triple ToD boon for control for another +15%.

Even against people with currently BiS PvP gearset that would give +40% resistance through tenacity, I can hold someone for around 4.0 ~ 4.5 seconds with a single shot of EF. Just like you say, I've sacrificed damage to specialize my role in CC, and guess how long EF lasts on someone with TEB enchantment slotted.

1 second. That's how long it lasts.

Now, I wouldn't be complaining if the DC or the Paly, knowing that someone can CC them heavily and have them focused down, has actually built up for CC-resistance like I have. If they choose item sets, artifacts, heavy WIS stat investments and CC-reducing powers/feats to do so, and if it was all a result of how they have chosen to embrace the weaknesses that comes along with specializing in one aspect of their class, then I really, really would not be complaining, because just like you said if someone makes their sacrifices in damage or DR or HP or whatever the result of building up for CC-resistance, then that's a fair deal. I accept the fact that I can't control those guys, because they've went through the process, took the steps, took in the gooid and bad to become so resistant to CCs. They've made their effort, fair and square, so if someone actually builds for CC-resistance like I've actually build for CCs, no complaints from me whatsoever.

But is that what TEB does?H3LL NO.

What TEB does is allow a Paly/DC to retain his supertank/heal build, a GF to retain his mega-damage build, a TR /CW/SW to retain his perma-DPS build, the HR to retain his own non-stop permadaze build... basically allow all classes to be themselves and at the same time run a permanent near-immunity to all CCs without even investing a single item slot or stat point to CC resistance, and simply embed an AH-bought item to your chest and just negate an entire game mechanic

TEB just removes, CC from the game, period.

Like said, when somebody starts wearing TEB, then there is no stopping him whatever he does. Like mentioned many times, the entire PvP simply becomes "who has higher HP and higher damage". There is no 'skill' involved in what happens next. It's just a toe-to-toe slugfest because nothing, nothing else works.

So please, tell me again how I'm a hipster potato, whining about something that I didn't even try in earnest to gain. Heck, among ALL NW players who play CWs currently I'm probably the one that's walking around with the highest CC-bonus of them all... and none, none of my CCs work on someone who has TEB. Even with proning powers, they just bounce back immediately after they land on their backs.

I've been getting quite long stuns from CW's, despite nearly 2k Tenacity (though i dont have elven battle). Perhaps instead of lowering the duration of CC it could block whole dmg from abilities which do control effects? This way you can still CC players, but CC powers will no longer deal dmg to target with TEB.
  • j1nn1j1nn1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thorned roots was proccing infinitely on my elven battle, after dying 6 times due to 2 HRs on the other team I decided to remove the enchantment. I died 3 more times in 30 seconds due to being perma rooted to the ground while everyone and their mother hit me. Conclusion, elven battle is WAI, minus the roots multi-proc bug. Without EB, it’s not even fun to play, at least for my playstyle.
    edited July 2015
    j1nn1 wrote: »
    Thorned roots was proccing infinitely on my elven battle, after dying 6 times due to 2 HRs on the other team I decided to remove the enchantment. I died 3 more times in 30 seconds due to being perma rooted to the ground while everyone and their mother hit me. Conclusion, elven battle is WAI, minus the roots multi-proc bug. Without EB, it’s not even fun to play, at least for my playstyle.

thats it!...facts from j1nn1
    i think DEV should see and fix this...

IF..elven nerfed...what happen next?
    they(CCheavy class) will UNSTOPPABLE....currently right now combo of them ...can locked down+kill any enemies
    whos not wearing elven and which is majority of players..(because is expensive)....and IF elven nerfed again..they can MELT+LOCKDOWN any ALL enemies....using the broken PERMA CC , even with players wearing ELVEN...
    THEY ARE UNSTOPPABLE...nothing can stop this combo CC (HR+CW/CW+CW/TR+CW/TR+HR)...anymore......
    please people THINK!!!....
    quspiv wrote: »
    I've been getting quite long stuns from CW's, despite nearly 2k Tenacity (though i dont have elven battle). Perhaps instead of lowering the duration of CC it could block whole dmg from abilities which do control effects? This way you can still CC players, but CC powers will no longer deal dmg to target with TEB.

this... from quspiv...its make sense..this is OK

becareful what you wish/cry about this from "some crying CC players" =
    1.HR matters will brought up because of this....(thorned roots)...
    2.CC heavy classes combo..will Unstoppable...(possibly nerfing CC mechanics)
    3.negation will bring up too,...if elven nerfed AGAIN...negation need to be nerfed also..CC classes(TR,CW,HR) cant be soooo TANKY theyre wearing cloth and leathers...its supposed to be squishy...
    theyre unstoppable with broken perma + tanky lol....zzzzzzzzzzzzz...pleaseeeee...

well, stop crying..just go and play..NOT MANY ppl wearing ELVEN lol.....its freaking 13-14mil AD.

• rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Thorned roots is the only real gamebreaker in this discussion. I managed to get a record bleed of 9K... and since I only have about 105K hp, I don't have a count for how many times it would tick. If it ever ended. Thorned roots would just likely be reapplied.

If anything about TEB needs urgent fixing, that would be it. You all say that one enchantment shouldn't destroy a build. Well, likewise, one passive shouldn't destroy an enchantment.

---

On the other hand, I'm still slightly in favor that TEB could use a little tone down in its uptime. I don't want a cooldown. That's bad. It will be more interesting to see a stacking buff every second, which activates upon reaching 10 stacks. The user glows a bright strikingly obvious color that signifies he is CC immune for a long-ish period. This simply gives TEB users a CC cap. Control them too much, and you have to wait until they can be controlled again.

Of course, that's something I'd like to see become accessible to every player. CC in this game is just "out of control."
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    macjae wrote: »
    rustlord wrote: »
    Of course, that's something I'd like to see become accessible to every player. CC in this game is just "out of control."

The funny part here is how the class that has the most broken cc of all -- trapper HRs -- also make Elven Battle enchantments a drawback.

To me TEB looks a lot like a band-aid solution until the devs can really remedy the situation. And hopefully they find the time to do it. Soon. Control here is a necessary evil when you're dealing with classes that have infinite sustain. The better solution would have been to introduce an expendable resource like mana for casters, then something similar for combatants.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I personally think TEB should work more like Barkshield. Every so many seconds you become immune to one cc (although you would still take the damage). This would give players a break in pure cc chains, but also not just make them nearly immune all the time from cc.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    You do know that the Transcendent grade is the highest level aquired and its suppossed to be godlike.
    Post edited by solbergx on
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    DC and OP don't die so let's defend cc chains. Because DC/OP and controllers are the only classes in this game.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Admittedly I still see a lot more folks running around in P.Negation+ than EB.

TEB is no good for PVE and not all of us can afford a full set of Trans Enchants.