test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is the barkshield fix?

seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
edited July 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
It's been months now, it could just be a simple fix of making it into a percentage base damage reduction based on your HP but sadly it seemed to have gone the wayside.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Comment removed. Was fixed.
    Post edited by seventhpillar on
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Perfect elven only took one and a half years to fix... so soon...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Stupid auto correct, I meant barkshield...

I'll fix it for you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I wonder if it'd be too good if they changed it so each stack basically absorbs 1 attack made against you, regardless of how much said attack hits for. Each rank would shave a 1/2 second or so off the time it takes to gain a new stack...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    reds351 wrote: »
    Perfect elven only took one and a half years to fix... so soon...

and it didn't take them long to break it
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    greyloche wrote: »
    bioshrike wrote: »
    I wonder if it'd be too good if they changed it so each stack basically absorbs 1 attack made against you, regardless of how much said attack hits for. Each rank would shave a 1/2 second or so off the time it takes to gain a new stack...

I'd take that in a heart beat. You'd basically survive everyone's Alpha assuming it wasn't on cooldown.

no more fear of the big blue head in Tia.

If they were to go that route, they might have to go w/ 1 stack on lesser, then maybe another on greater, and 1 more on transcendent, with other tiers reducing the time to gain stacks.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    kreatyve wrote: »

I'll fix it for you.

You can edit titles? could we do that on the old forums?
    Can we also edit polls now?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    reds351 wrote: »

I'll fix it for you.

You can edit titles? could we do that on the old forums?
    Can we also edit polls now?

I'm a mod, so I can edit titles. I don't know if normal users can, but I'll ask when I get a chance. I don't think you could on the old forums. And I have no clue if you can edit polls either (though mods can).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    It have low priority, but in the future they might increase the values on each charge to make it useful in current content. Perhaps they're waiting for Stronghold so they can make it adjusted for new hard hitting mobs.
  • Options
    I'll fix it for you.

Thank you!
    quspiv wrote: »
    It have low priority, but in the future they might increase the values on each charge to make it useful in current content. Perhaps they're waiting for Stronghold so they can make it adjusted for new hard hitting mobs.

I can understand they have priorities, however, to change the other enchantments and completely not do anything about this one when the fix is easy and fast, sound like they are doing on purpose. I mean they scaled damage and HP of NPCs last patch and the issue with this enchantment has been brought up multiple times. If they are doing it on purpose, I hope it ends soon. I wish the devs/cm would put up an official thread about enchantments as right now there are multiple threads about them.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    I can understand they have priorities, however, to change the other enchantments and completely not do anything about this one when the fix is easy and fast, sound like they are doing on purpose.

Would the fix really be easy and fast? (I have no clue about coding, so I really don't know).

I don't think, it's on purpose. What would be their gain?

Also every other easy and fast seeming little fix, that does not happen would have to be on purpose. But some fixes clearly would net them money (for example increasing the max number of account bank space or passive companions), so I don't see the plus in not doing it on purpose.
  • Options
    graalx3graalx3 Member Posts: 232
    The Barkshield enchantment has been updated and will be using the new numbers after this week's patch.
    For a level 70 character the numbers are 824 hp per charge for a Rank 7 and 2060 hp per charge for a rank 10+.

These numbers were arrived at by adding the bonus hit points on the four armor pieces at your level to the formula for deriving the hit points absorbed. This means that there won't be a change for players less than level 60 and Barkshield enchantments will increase in absorbed damage as the player increases level up to level 70.
  • Options
    carlonomocarlonomo Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    drops in a chest from the boss on frozen heart... oh wait
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The Barkshield enchantment has been updated and will be using the new numbers after this week's patch.
    For a level 70 character the numbers are 824 hp per charge for a Rank 7 and 2060 hp per charge for a rank 10+.

These numbers were arrived at by adding the bonus hit points on the four armor pieces at your level to the formula for deriving the hit points absorbed. This means that there won't be a change for players less than level 60 and Barkshield enchantments will increase in absorbed damage as the player increases level up to level 70.
    YAY im gonna go buy one then lol
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    It's nice to see for once you're going for small changes and not game changing ones. Still, there, I'm not certain this will be enough to make the enchantment even remotely useful.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Why not make it so ?

Transcendent :
    The 4th bark absorb 40% of the incoming dmg
    The 3th bark absorb 30% of the incoming dmg
    The 2th bark absorb 20% of the incoming dmg
    The last bark constant absorb 10% of the incoming dmg .

In this way it wont be overpowered in pvp but it will be usefull in pve too.

Cuz the mobs in t2-t1 usuly do 50-150k dmg.

But in pvp those nubers are much less so lets look on the dmg in pvp.

I got 16k dmg from somone dosnt matter by hou the first bark by your formula absorb 8000 dmg from it so we have now 50% reduction the second etc.etc.

But in pve archer hit 100k dmg bark absorb 8k and the player is still dead !!!!

But if it where 40 % reduction this enchant coud be a good use agan so sentinel actual can survive the first hit like CW :)

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User

Does this means 4 charges = 8,240 for the first hit, 3 charges = 6,180 and so on?. If so, this really won't make much difference in PvE due to the big hits. My character usually is 100% HP or 0% HP, so absorbing 8k from a 200k hit won't help much if my HP is around 100k.

What schweifer1982 suggested is a lot better: First hit reduced 40%, second hit 30%, etc. This would be great and the enchant would become useful again without being too much OP. If I receive a 200k hit, it would become a 80k hit that I can survive and still keep fighting.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    Look, they are not going to make this enchant anything close to BIS, because there's too many of them on the market and they want people to spend $ to upgrade new ones.

Imo such small buff is step in right direction. In future they might adjust the numbers again. If it would reduce dmg by % it would be broken in pvp and cause even more stalemates.

Instead of incrasing survivality only, it coud also grant some other <insert random name stat here> while charges are up. (like + "X" power, "X" movement speed, etc)
  • Options
    dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Add unmitigable %DR to the later lvls and it may becomes more useful with the official changes, w/o making it a must have, like 10% unmitigable DR for Transcedent and 5% unmitigable DR for Pure.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • Options
    yea 8K of a 100k+ hit is not that useful. When u have negation (at max stacks) blocking 30k of a 100k hit
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Look, they are not going to make this enchant anything close to BIS, because there's too many of them on the market and they want people to spend $ to upgrade new ones.

No one with a reasonable head on their shoulders is expecting BS to be a new BiS enchant as unbalanced as some of the current ones. What ppl are expecting is that the enchant at least be worth considering. In this incarnation I still can't see that it'll be a viable option.

That said, am i reading graalx3 right? Do the HP on gear items further adjust the dmg that each charge can absorb, or this already taken into account?
    Post edited by sabre10 on
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options

First, I would like to thank you for starting to look into it. Please don't get us wrong, it is not that we are not appreciative of the change, it's just we feel that it will not be a viable alternative even with the current change. If you feel the damage mitigated is too much, please consider adding buffs at the transcendent level like negation where it increases lifesteal and such. To the current upcoming change, I don't think anyone would spend the extra AD to get theirs to transcendent level unless there is a significant value to it. As of now, people would rather run with soulforge than bark as the extra res seem to be better than the low hp mitigated. Right now only the elven and negation are what's dominating in the PVP world. If you upgrade the BS into something viable, it will allow different playstyle and players will be more willing to sink AD and upgrade them.
  • Options
    sabre10 wrote: »

No one with a reasonable head on their shoulders is expecting BS to be a new BiS enchant as unbalanced as some of the current ones. What ppl are expecting is that the enchant at least be worth considering. In this incarnation I still can't see that it'll be a viable option.

That said, am i reading graalx3 right? Do the HP on gear items further adjust the dmg that each charge can absorb, or this already taken into account?

It might not be good for pve, but it will be decent for pvp (at least for it's price) because in pvp players often life longer, so charges have time to regenerate and it becomes decent enchant.

Like i said, best way to make it better but balanced is to add some offensive stats to each charge.
  • Options
    sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Living longer to regenerate (at best) an additional 2060hp charge? Can't say I agree that this makes it any more decent.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    A simple fix is to have it absorb a % of the damage for each stack/rank like the CW's shield minus the perma DR. It allows you to absorb a couple large spikes of damage.

Seriously, it's perfect, and simple.....
  • Options
    fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    I really like the look of the Barkshield enchantment i think it would look good on my elven set.
    But even after the change it still seems a bit weak, i have 100k health and 7500 defense and can still get one shot in dungeons. The 4 charges on transcendent should absorb ~8000 damage on first hit so it won't really help in pve. And negation is a lot better in pvp.

I am going to try out a perfect Barkshield and see how it goes.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I think you guys see this total wrong .

Trans Bark are better and total bis for classes : CW /Prot pally / and TR .

Those guys have high immunity frames and the min dmg they recive + the trans bark will create an another issue .

But creating a good enchant only for 3 classes is not good .

Why i spotted on the high pve dmg ?

Cuz there is no other enchant viable for pve out of soul forged all other enchants are garbage .

For pvp this new change is a bit one sided .

But if graalx3 can look on my suggestion :

Example CW(have tans bark) shild 65 % dr +10 % base dr recive 20 k dmg in pvp after the dr reduction he will recive 7k dmg absoved by the first bark (8000) the first bark will negate it to zero.

But CW have many immunity frame also this shild was not even tabbed.

But if it where so :
    Transcendent :

Then : Example CW(have tans bark) shild 65 % dr +10 % base dr recive 20 k dmg in pvp after the dr reduction he will recive 7k dmg absoved by the first bark and he still recive 4200 dmg .

It look to me more balanced in pvp .

Also it can be now used in pve to to have at least 1 another enchant option vs soul forged .

From beta to mod 5 we had some other options but now nothing can beat the usefulness of soul forged.
    The rank 7 soulforged beat any rank 12 armor enchant in pve content.

Another example GWF:
    I have 45 % dr in pvp i go unstoppable +30% more total 75 % also i deflect the dmg i take recive 20 k dmg in pvp after the dr reduction i will recive 7.5k dmg absoved by the first bark (8000) the first bark will negate it to zero.

Suggestion example GWF:
    I have 45 % dr in pvp i go unstoppable +30% more total 75 % also i deflect the dmg i take recive 20 k dmg in pvp after the dr reduction i will recive 7.5k dmg absoved by the first bark and i still recive 4500 dmg .

GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    I think you guys see this total wrong .

Trans Bark are better and total bis for classes : CW /Prot pally / and TR .

Those guys have high immunity frames and the min dmg they recive + the trans bark will create an another issue .

But creating a good enchant only for 3 classes is not good .

Why i spotted on the high pve dmg ?

Cuz there is no other enchant viable for pve out of soul forged all other enchants are garbage .

For pvp this new change is a bit one sided .

But if graalx3 can look on my suggestion :

Example CW(have tans bark) shild 65 % dr +10 % base dr recive 20 k dmg in pvp after the dr reduction he will recive 7k dmg absoved by the first bark (8000) the first bark will negate it to zero.

But CW have many immunity frame also this shild was not even tabbed.

But if it where so :
    Transcendent :

Then : Example CW(have tans bark) shild 65 % dr +10 % base dr recive 20 k dmg in pvp after the dr reduction he will recive 7k dmg absoved by the first bark and he still recive 4200 dmg .

It look to me more balanced in pvp .

Also it can be now used in pve to to have at least 1 another enchant option vs soul forged .

From beta to mod 5 we had some other options but now nothing can beat the usefulness of soul forged.
    The rank 7 soulforged beat any rank 12 armor enchant in pve content.
    we have enchantments giving crazy dr, enchantments giving perma immunity to control and stamina, enchantments which revive deads...as long as the shield amount is not tripled and cannot proc of boons and at will it will stay <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>