test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is the barkshield fix?

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    @strumslinger could you please bump this to someone?
    its been some months already, the enchantment is totally awful and caused a great loss AD wise.
    They forgot to adjust hp values of shield to new mod 6 numbers
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Each charge could increase crit chance by ~1+2+3+6% (total +12% crit chance with 4 charges), (on top of the dmg resist). It would reward those who can avoid being hit and it wouldnt affect TR, cause they already have 100% crit chance while stealthed.

or just make it offensive enchant which incrase dmg of next "X" attacks based on the amount of charges.
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    quspiv wrote: »
    Each charge could increase crit chance by ~1+2+3+6% (total +12% crit chance with 4 charges), (on top of the dmg resist). It would reward those who can avoid being hit and it wouldnt affect TR, cause they already have 100% crit chance while stealthed.

or just make it offensive enchant which incrase dmg of next "X" attacks based on the amount of charges.

thats actually an amazing idea but it would have to be a pretty high amount of damage compared to how much terror and vorpal and feytouched increases your damage already. it would also remove a armor enchants and add another weapon enchant which we dont need.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The Barkshield enchantment has been updated and will be using the new numbers after this week's patch.
    For a level 70 character the numbers are 824 hp per charge for a Rank 7 and 2060 hp per charge for a rank 10+.

These numbers were arrived at by adding the bonus hit points on the four armor pieces at your level to the formula for deriving the hit points absorbed. This means that there won't be a change for players less than level 60 and Barkshield enchantments will increase in absorbed damage as the player increases level up to level 70.

Will the bound ones become unbound?

• Options

thats actually an amazing idea but it would have to be a pretty high amount of damage compared to how much terror and vorpal and feytouched increases your damage already. it would also remove a armor enchants and add another weapon enchant which we dont need.

No, it would still be an armor enchant, but with more offensive bonuses.
  • Options

this would nice nice too but i dont see them put offensive stats on a defensive enchant
  • Options
    rayrdan wrote: »

this would nice nice too but i dont see them put offensive stats on a defensive enchant

There are already enchants which do dmg, stun etc, so why not have any which could give some offensive stats? It would make it a lot easier to balance and unque in the same time, since we already have Negation which is beyond broken, we dont need another one which is another defense bulk.
  • Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I just logged into PreviewShard but did not see anything changed to my Barkshield there.

I don't know how exactly Barkshield is going to be changed in a couple of days when the "fix" is going to be released but the obvious question is why have Cryptic stopped releasing future changes into the Preview server? The main purpose of the Preview Shard is to make players aware what are going to be coming and express their opinions. Keeping everything secret and not updating the Preview Shard for almost a month doesn't serve that purpose.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    There is an update on the preview server today. Nothing in it about barkshield, but there is a fix to terror and vorpal.
  • Options
    cheyennemountaincheyennemountain Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The Barkshield enchantment has been updated and will be using the new numbers after this week's patch.
    For a level 70 character the numbers are 824 hp per charge for a Rank 7 and 2060 hp per charge for a rank 10+.

These numbers were arrived at by adding the bonus hit points on the four armor pieces at your level to the formula for deriving the hit points absorbed. This means that there won't be a change for players less than level 60 and Barkshield enchantments will increase in absorbed damage as the player increases level up to level 70.

These numbers quoted are circa the amount prior to your adjustment.
    With module 6 NPCs and players able to hit for heaps more than before, how do these changes make the enchant any more useful/worth investing AD to rank up? Unless I'm missing something from your calculations or maybe the decimal point is in the wrong place
    Perhaps if the enchant has a higher number of charges and/or a higher replenishment rate, that might make a difference. Otherwise, I don't see the point in this change
    Morgana CW
  • Options
    @graalx3 can you look at the possibility to buff it more? Like not proccing on normal at wills, boons proc and provide some additional defensive effect? Rather this or a drastic reduction of stack time. Its sad to see investiments vanish in this way. Thanks for your time. This starting change is something appreciated.
  • Options

Did Barkshield actually get an upgrade? My rank 10 barkshield now absorbs 810 damage per charge comparing to 1k+ per charge before this "upgrade", and it certainly doesn't tell me it absorbs 2060 per charge.

It looks like a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

• Options
    They could've make it so that each charge reduces dmg taken by 50% but only from AoE attacks. This would've make PvE a bit easier and it wouldnt cause issues in pvp.
  • Options
    Anyway, I think Cryptic needs to give an explanation why they downgraded barkshield instead of the upgraded they declared, and why the change isn't even listed in the patch note.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    i don't think it was updated yet
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    ... wouldn't it be better, if the enchantment would take of a certain percentage of damage per charge?

Something like 5%, 10%, 15% and 20%?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    lwedar wrote: »
    i don't think it was updated yet

It is updated. My rank 10 barkshield used to absorb 1012 damage per charge, now it is at 810 per charge for an 20% nerf instead of the 2060 per charge Mr. Developer wrote in this thread a few days ago.

• Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    The purpose of barkshield is probably a cautionary tale, maybe about negation .
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    my trans bark has the exact same stats
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    btw barkshield is updated on the preview server with the right values
  • Options
    umcjdkingumcjdking Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    The purpose of barkshield is probably a cautionary tale, maybe about negation .

Good, hopefully they renerf it back to what it used to be.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I was makin a joke, don't take that as a promise from a dev or anything.
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I think you guys see this total wrong .

Trans Bark are better and total bis for classes : CW /Prot pally / and TR .

I'm not so convinced that Barkshield will be bis for CW. You gave a very specific example. Both Shield and Barkshield are front end loaded. People already know not to blow encounters on a shielded CW to start the fight. Here's a different example:

hit a tab shielded CW with an at-will and do 4k damage and it gets reduced by 80%, so you deal 500 dmg and then - 8k first charge of Barkshield and you do 0 dmg. That makes his transcendent barkshield no better than a lesser one.

• Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    How does Barkshield work with respect to DoT damage? If a damage over time consumes all charges, this enchantment will not be so useful in pvp.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Well, as far as I know if the first charge of barkshield only absorbs 500 damage, the difference which wasn't used (let's say 2000 damage) will transfer to next charge. So 2nd charge absorbs 1500 damage + unused 2000 from 1st charge = 3500... and so on. Until you reached the last charge where all unused damage absorb add together.

In the end you will see a lot of 0's.... not only 4 × 0.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think so. Sometimes, even though I have 1 charge, I'll see 3 absorbs in the log if the mobs all attacked around the same time. Not sure if this WAI, a bug or log display error. Also, since the charge refresh is on a global timer, it is possible to get a charge right after getting hit.

I've tested by finding mobs that do very little damage. They do less than a hundred per hit. After 4 hits, it doesn't absorb any more. But as mentioned above, sometime you get more than 4 hits due to refresh or attacks landing very close to one another.

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Anyone have the updated stats for a Transcendant from the Test Shard?
    va8Ru.gif