What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is the barkshield fix?

13»

Comments

• Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    Anyone have the updated stats for a Transcendant from the Test Shard?

HP is doubled
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    lwedar wrote: »

HP is doubled

Considering that in mod 6 the player HP more than doubled and the mobs hit more than double, this is still not a correct fix.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    lwedar wrote: »

HP is doubled

Considering that in mod 6 the player HP more than doubled and the mobs hit more than double, this is still not a correct fix.

well its the one we got...
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Anybody know if the change happened yet or if it is still coming? I'm confused. I've got "normal" Barkshield and on an 82k HP ranger it is giving 607 per charge atm
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    They didnt move this change to live servers yet. Perhaps they're still testing the valuess, so it might get more improvements.
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    quspiv wrote: »
    They didnt move this change to live servers yet. Perhaps they're still testing the valuess, so it might get more improvements.

The TOOLTIPS have been updated on the Preview, but only the tooltips :) The amount absorb is exactly the same as live.

• Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Sigh - I agree it doesn't have to be BiS but surely they should make all enchants roughly be on par. Or alternatively make a clear system of Tiers.
  • Options
    seventhpillarseventhpillar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    How about at the Trans level, have it increase 5% movement speed per stack so it has a utility type similar to negation and elven.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Negation is too strong to get barkshield in position by only buffing a few hitpoints that gets absorbed and after 3 hits you are done, redicules against a flat 30% damageresist
    if they would consider something like a buff that runs out in 10 seconds, absorbing 1,5k damage for 10 sec, than 1 than 0,5k for ten seconds, even working against piercing damage, like shield from CW but with a timer, only recharging in case you are out of the fight, holding at minimum a flat 0,5k damageresist
    or they could just implement a boost to deflectionchance for this enchant
    but 3 charges to save a few HP is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    I think it's the most pathetic enchant which explains why it cost only 2.2M at the perfect level. I mean that price alone tells you what's the current status on the enchant. Even with the announced changes, no movement on it's price because all know the changes aren't good enough.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hi, all so back in mod 5 :
    Perfect%20Barkshield.jp.png

Perect Barkshield: Every 8 seconds you armor receives a charge of Bolstered Bark up to a maximum of 3 charges. When you have one charge of Bolstered Bark your armors absorbes 810 damage. When you have two charges of Bolstered Bark your armors absorbes 1620 damage. When you have three charges of Bolstered Bark your armors absorbes 2430 damage. Whenever you take damage one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed.

Was and still have the same effect .
    But in mod 5 our HP was around (in T2 gear)23-30k and the bark gived us an extra 4860 total 21-16% our hp bar and mobs usually dealt around 2-10k dmg .

qoimgw.png
    Now in mod 6 our HP bar is around (in T2 gear)80-90k and the p.bark gived us an extra 6074 total 7,59-6,74% our hp bar and mobs usually deal around 30-100k dmg .

So lets do some math and give the bark the buff with the mod 6 hp (gear extra hp) so 80- 90k hp have we in t2 gear then the correct number what perfect Bark shoud absorbe total 16800 hp , witch is total 21-16% of our hp bar.

So this is the correct rework :

Perfect Barkshield: Every 8 seconds you armor receives a charge of Bolstered Bark up to a maximum of 3 charges. When you have one charge of Bolstered Bark your armors absorbes 2800 damage. When you have two charges of Bolstered Bark your armors absorbes 5600 damage. When you have three charges of Bolstered Bark your armors absorbes 8400 damage. Whenever you take damage one charge of Bolstered Bark is consumed.

With this change the barkshield is mod 6 updated .

W/o this change or the suggestion before me the bark is still not updated to mod 6.

I ask devs to pls rework this enchant with the current mod 6 hp changes to make it viable option agan.
    Or take a look on the other suggestions in this thread.

Post edited by schweifer1982 on
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    As mentioned before, changing the charge to a percentage of incoming damage absorbed, should make this enchantment viable again for this and any future modules.

And while the Devs are at it, they should update the other enchantments too.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    well it still hasn't made it to live. I wonder if they are considering other changes. As long as it is a set HP limit, it will always need to be updated as gear gets more powerful. Doesn't seem like a smart choice
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    So, mod 7 rolls around and the "fix" is still garbage. Devs come on! There has to be some way to make this viable.