test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a change to coal ward drops from the invoking chests?

singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
I have 48 alts and I am on vacation. However, I have noted a 0 drop rate of coal wards compared with 1-2 per week. I am also doing all the invoking to get two chances per day. Has there been a change? I intend to keep statistics for a month and continue. SInce, I will have a large n no one will be able to blame luck. The law of large numbers will be able to filter out whether their has been a change.
Post edited by zebular on

Best Answer

• regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Before module 6, not a single Coalescent Ward from coffers for months. But i opened the coffers allways right away when i got them.
    After module 6, 1-2 Coalescent Wards every time i had at least 10+ coffers. Now i'm saving coffers, and then open a bunch of them.

Last time i tried 20 coffers, but only got 1 Coalescent Ward from them. Guess i will go back to 10 or max. 11 coffers for one session... but you never know, if they have not changed something with the coffers in the recent patches.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

Answers

• singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Since mod 6 I have been getting 1-2 per week except for about the last week and a 1/2.
    Perhaps try opening smaler amounts of coffers with different characters?
    To see if that changes something?
    Want to know why?
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    lol feel lucky 8 months on 9 chars and ive never gotten one. ive actually given up recently and just use my points for potions.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Got one yesterday. It was that toons first one
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    ten alts.. zip nada, zero.. in fact pres wards even seem less rewards.

Mod 6 hasnt been my favorite.. I could really stand to get 2-3 more, so I could make some more normal to perfect things without spending loads of AD...

Not very happy about that in the end.
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Saved up 76 Celestial Coffers out of that I got 3 Coal wards and 14 pres wards... the chance to get them is pretty slim
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    with 6 toons, i only got 2 coalescents in 2 years of playing
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Keep at it people. I invoke on 8 toons and I've seen 4 Coal wards alone in Mod 6.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    It seems they haven't changed drop rates in the new invocation boxes.

http://nwo-uncensored.com/rngvalue.php
    rssODGX.jpg

The ~3% drop chance fits the tests I've done in late 2013.
  • bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    I have 5 toons and not a single coal since mod 6 dropped
  • greenkrickettgreenkrickett Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    48 toons for invoking????? How long does it take you to log into each of the 48 and invoke? Seems like it would take at LEAST 20 seconds per toon including load times which would be 20 minutes each time,, That is just way to much time to spend invoking.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    48 toons for invoking????? How long does it take you to log into each of the 48 and invoke? Seems like it would take at LEAST 20 seconds per toon including load times which would be 20 minutes each time,, That is just way to much time to spend invoking.

I don't have 48 toons but it does not take 20 seconds per. Even if it does, 48 toons is about 16 minutes. Kind of perfect for the first 2 rounds of invoking. i.e. do 48. 15 minutes timers expire. Do another 48. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Takes me more than 20 seconds to load into PE :(
    I have 10 characters at the moment, and that is enough for me right now, until they come up with a new class...

Anyway, two rounds with invoking and professions, then i start to play my current "main" character, and start the next round with invoking when the timer runs out on it.
    Want to know why?
  • aviato1aviato1 Member Posts: 3
    Coal wards have always been really scarce. I see nothing different in Mod 6 compared to say, Mod 2. Success rates seem to be the same... slim to none.
  • sakonemasakonema Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    putzboy78 wrote: »
    Takes me more than 20 seconds to load into PE :(
    I recommend taking your characters to the first bonfire at Ebon Downs.
    Ebon loads fast and invocation point is next to exit door. Taking the door brings you in front of PE mailbox.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    I left my alts in the protectors enclave before the event ended .. no reason for a mule to leave
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    In my experience, its approximately 3% chance to obtain a Coalward from the chest. :)
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • tantivetyrelltantivetyrell Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    I haven't had a coalward since launch.
    I haven't seen any CW from coffers since the last few patches... drop chance still the same, or did the Devs just changed it, and didn't bother to tell us?
    I mean, considering the last changes to the game, that would be no surprise at all.
    Want to know why?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I'm having better luck opening them every time I can buy a batch, rather than saving them in the shared bank and only opening them when it's 2xRP.

Anyway, I trust Josh's numbers.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i have 20 toons and never got one, but i only started to do prayers 2 weeks ago so... About preservation wards got about 5, not that bad.

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    I still get CWs drops and its still around 3% chance, I dont believe there has been a change with CW's drop
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    I got some in mod 6 but after this post appeared in forum no more wards xD
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Just got one this morning.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I've noticed a distinct drop in the number of coalescents that are dropping for me. Nothing scientific.. just have noticed it.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Friday last week I got 2 Coal Wards from a batch of 3 coffers \o/
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    I got one, one month ago and one last week.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • skitzopyroskitzopyro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Opened 86 coffers this week not a single coal ward... the rarity is insane! 3 out of 160 coffers so far...