test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited August 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Welcome to the New Class(es) Feedback Thread!

8G2d4gG.gif

Which one of the following Classes would you like to see next in Neverwinter the most?

The choices presented to you are:
Barbarian, Bard, Druid, Monk, and Sorcerer. If you wish, you may select "Something else.." and let us know!

8G2d4gG.gif

As much in the D&D Universe has and is changing, and we now have 5th edition and the Forgotten Realms being the core of the D&D Universe, the poll options have been updated to reflect current core source material for D&D Next, a.k.a. "5th Edition."

The following are 5th edition classes that do not yet exist as player classes in Neverwinter but do exist as core playable classes in 5th edition source material. While this list is not necessarily a complete list, it holds true to the core classes that hold the most likelihood to be seen translated into Neverwinter. If your most desired class isn't on this list, please choose one from this list that you'd like to see the most or select "Something else.." and then let us know your other class wish in the comments below.

This thread and "The "New Race(es)" Feedback Thread" are each respectively recreated when a new Race or Class is added to the game. Creating additional threads on New Classes and Races will summarily be closed. Please use these threads to discuss and purvey your feedback on New Classes and Races not yet in the game.

Disclaimer: This is by no means meant to be any sort of confirmation or sign for what is in store next for Neverwinter. Furthermore, this poll isn't on classical classes, it is based off of 5th Edition core rules. I was specifically asked to stick with 5th edition in this and the race poll as Wizards of the Coast (and notable authors) have been taking a more hands-on role with Neverwinter.

Choose wisely. Now discuss your choice here, should you so choose.

8G2d4gG.gif
Post edited by zebular on

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread! 2752 votes

Barbarian
6% 186 votes
Bard
21% 594 votes
Druid
33% 928 votes
Monk
23% 652 votes
Sorcerer
9% 261 votes
Something else... (post your desire)
4% 131 votes

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I was teetering between Bard or Druid. In the end, I went with the Bard, as I feel classes that summon pets don't seem to work as well as I'd hope, (I'm looking at you, Warlock!). I'd also like another back-line healer/buffer - having played a "healadin", you still can't do as much if you try to remain away from the front line...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    I want to see Ninja-Wizard, CW with TR stealth, imagine the qq in pvp ;)
  • corpsemaker77brcorpsemaker77br Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wish there was a Necromancer since it's a class more focused on pets (i.e. Skeletons, Golems, Zombies). Warlock is definitely NOT a pet class in Neverwinter, he is more cursed/energy channeling based class.
    But if we can't have a Necro, I'd deffinitely go with the Druid, simply coz druids are awesome.
  • shinshoryuukenshinshoryuuken Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Considering we lack a class with thievery (We got 2 Religion with Paladins last mod), my vote is for Bard. I also remember that it was mentioned somewhere in forgotten past that all classic D&D classes would come to NWO and that means only Bard and Druid are off. While I do like Druids, Bards are not only the more sensible choice but also an oldbie favourite I would like done right. Baldur's Gate, NWN and a few others never seemed to do it right and maybe NWO may accomplish this.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    The next class will be a Warlord.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Ummm... Monk all the way. But the qq in every aspect will be HUGE. You think that Pallies are OP. LOL.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    The next class will be a Warlord.

I hope so. It would be even better if it was a lancer.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Next class will be Druid , it is known
    When asked which classes from that list they're considering, Velasquez let slip one type that "gets mentioned a lot."

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."

As long as it has some shape shifting ability or something cool I'm on board with Druid B)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    DUUUUDES!!!

Barbarian ALL THE WAY - that way they can DELETE the stupid GWF class with its "patch work" fixes that have left it looking more like raggedy ann than a great weapon fighter. Class needs to be called "Moderate Weapon Fighter" Cause there is nothing great about it.

Release the Barbarian!!!!!!!!!!!
  • flash1337flash1337 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I think a Barbarian actually could offer some unique options.

I would also like to see Belker make an appearance too!
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    ayroux wrote: »
    DUUUUDES!!!

Barbarian ALL THE WAY - that way they can DELETE the stupid GWF class with its "patch work" fixes that have left it looking more like raggedy ann than a great weapon fighter. Class needs to be called "Moderate Weapon Fighter" Cause there is nothing great about it.

Voted for Monk coz Barbarian cannot win this poll. :/ But agree in 100% Barbarian would be my next main. MINOTAUR BARBARIAN!!!1oneone
    200_s.gif
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Next class will be Druid , it is known
    When asked which classes from that list they're considering, Velasquez let slip one type that "gets mentioned a lot."

"I can imagine the Druid will probably be, if not the next one that we start next, it will probably be soon, because just about everyone when they say, 'What about new classes, like the Ranger or Druid?' Those are the two they always talk about."

As long as it has some shape shifting ability or something cool I'm on board with Druid B)

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/28/5028776/neverwinters-next-expansion-adds-hunter-class-paragon-paths-and-more

Alas, Andy Valasquez is no longer with Neverwinter, he went to Riot Games some time back. As well, after that article, the next released class was the Paladin. Druid being the next thing they're working on and when it is released are two different things anyway. For instance, they may have already been working on the Bard while they were working on the Paladin and then posted that, so in that notion, we'd see a Bard then a Druid. See what I mean? That and there being a new Lead Producer that hasn't stated what they are working on next, it's up in the air.

I do personally feel strongly that we will see the Druid class within this year however. Bard too. These two are now among the most requested that I have seen, with a Monk trailing behind them.
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    I want druid first because I feel like they've been working on it already, but honestly? I'd be amazingly psyched to see ANY of these. Additionally - and I know this is a long-shot - I would love to see the Invoker class put in. Flavor-wise, that's one of my personal favorite classes.

My one caution would be about the barbarian - GWF Unstoppable is already more or less what Rage would be. Something would need to be figured out to make it distinctly different from GWF, but if you can nail it, then it'd be great.
  • drauksdrauks Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I'd honestly be shocked if the next class is anything other than druid. That being said, I still want a monk very badly.
    I would be more shocked if it was barbarian. vampirecavy beat me to it:
    My one caution would be about the barbarian - GWF Unstoppable is already more or less what Rage would be. Something would need to be figured out to make it distinctly different from GWF, but if you can nail it, then it'd be great.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Monk.

Because Punching things in the face is the most satisfying thing to do in MMOs.

Monks are awesome, when this class comes out, I'm going to change my main from Warlock to Monk permanently. I've been waiting for this class since I started playing
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    If consistency serves any, Monk should probably be a Religion character. We already have 2 so we could save it for later. Also if past D&D monks would serve as models for NWO monks they would probably be able to, for instance, deflect ranged attacks, cc immunity, heals, 1 hit k.o. Of course, none of these could be seriously considered for a game like NWO because there is already too many flaws in the system. Introducing more would be asking for it. That said they would need to think of a way to do it differently which would make a lot of D&D fans cry. Anyway I dont really see many reasons (if not coolness) that Monk would be a wise choice at this moment.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think it is totally going to be a Druid... they already have half the mechanics in the game already.
    i.e. - the shamans in IWD who summon/link with a spirit bear...
    plus the whole elements thing with that druid chick in PE next to Boo....

So far they have covered a lot of melee classes, but left a whole lot of classic D&D spellcasters out... I would wish for a duskblade, spellsword, PSIONIC, also monks kinda count here... but then some of those are v3.5 D&D

So most importantly folks
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Here is the script they are reading from, 4th edition Dungeons & Dragons...

And what about Races? I think that Teifling was a good start for 4e D&D but where is my Goliath Barbarian, or my Gith Psionic?

Check out the range for table-top here

• xorialxorial Member Posts: 1
    Swordmage please.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    Druid! Druid! Druid!

Monk would be fun, but can you imagine the programming required? :smile:

Bards simply annoy me to no end . . . my personal opinion.

In my 1970s AD&D days, bards typically ended up impaled on one of my weapons . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    FYI, I just updated the disclaimer in the OP:
    Disclaimer: This is by no means meant to be any sort of confirmation or sign for what is in store next for Neverwinter. Furthermore, this poll isn't on classical classes, it is based off of 5th Edition core rules. I was specifically asked to stick with 5th edition in this and the race poll as Wizards of the Coast (and notable authors) have been taking a more hands-on role with Neverwinter.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    With a more 5e direction, you all are definitely not going to like the druid if you want some shapechanging melee warrior with control/leader style powers.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    I am confused. Do you mean we would be disappointed with not being a shapeshifter or that it would be yet another control char?
    edited June 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    With a more 5e direction, you all are definitely not going to like the druid if you want some shapechanging melee warrior with control/leader style powers.
    I've been paying a lot of attention to druids in 5e and I actually think I really like them. If Neverwinter could do something similar, I would be very happy. Indeed. For me though, I am not hard to please with the druid class. My only fear is loosing interest in my main wizard character! lol

Regardless, I so want to play a druid in any form in Neverwinter yet would be happy with any of the remaining 5e classes.
    :wink:

• azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    zebular wrote: »
    azlanfox wrote: »
    I've been paying a lot of attention to druids in 5e and I actually think I really like them. If Neverwinter could do something similar, I would be very happy. Indeed. For me though, I am not hard to please with the druid class. My only fear is loosing interest in my main wizard character! lol

Regardless, I so want to play a druid in any form in Neverwinter yet would be happy with any of the remaining 5e classes.
    :wink:

It is themed well for Elemental Evil style things, however, the 5e druid seems to excel at being versatile. I doubt Cryptic's ability to implement that well. From what I've seen they are an excellent debuff & CC. With wild shape and spell buffs (which this game cannot support correctly using its hybrid mechanics) it is a decent damage brick. Damage is low to low moderate favoring out-lasting, unless they operate as a minion master, which this game cannot support or if they tried it, would wreck the underlying mechanics and spur PvPers into a hate frenzy that would nerf the class into gimp status, a gimp without a safety word.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    ayroux wrote: »
    DUUUUDES!!!

Voted for Monk coz Barbarian cannot win this poll. :/ But agree in 100% Barbarian would be my next main. MINOTAUR BARBARIAN!!!1oneone

It just sucks the GWF class has turned into what it is now... It used to be such a fun/unique class and now its just turned into literally this "mashup" of random <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and they just keep patching it with "temp fixes" each module rather than actually fix the damn class....

I made a new thread about this in the Player Feedback about the GWF so we will see, but the class just has SO many problems. I want a REAL Great Weapon Fighter or even a Barbarian class - its very clear many of the GWF feats/powers ETC were stolen from the Barbarian so it has some crossover forsure. They just need to fix the damn class so its FUN again.