test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do you want to migrate to the Vanilla forums?

Comments

• vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    I have to say: this looks horrid. This color theme makes navigation a nightmare,
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    I'm going with "hate it" with the new forum. Vanilla is probably the most appropriate name ever given to a software product. It's hard to tell quoted text or the signatures from the regular post, fonts are blurry, no more recent posts, and just generally plain. It's especially pathetic when you go to the Vanilla site and see that the forums could have been designed better and look nicer, but I guess this is the way "Perfect" World want's it.

I don't have the slowness problem, I guess because I use AdBlock in Chrome and I load the forum without the Arc wrapper.

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Try this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3ae649/new_nwounblogged_enhanced_style_for_the_new/

Helped a ton with making the forums easier to read. 10000% better after getting this add on and J0shi style sheet loaded.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    We are still moderators. The permission levels have just not been updated as of yet.

It's on an ever growing to-do list.

EDIT - On another note I don't know how much of the color scheme is intentional but links being the same color as text is unacceptable. It's been put on their to-do list to change whether they want to or not although I am pretty confident this is an oversight because it was the first thing I noticed and complained about. :p
    magenubbie - I feel the same way you do. As a software developer, I feel the design of the forum speaks loads about what they think of us as customers. They said that they've been using the Vanilla forums for 6 of their other games, so the UI should have been done before the migration. I installed the Stylish style that joshi created and it makes a world of difference. The new forum is really a lot easier to read with some very basic styling. The configuration of an out-of-box forum should have been dirt simple. If they can't get this right, then things really looks bad for the future of the game.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I dont even.. like the new preview option.

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    Well here we are in the new forums, I hate the new look, really dark grey with a bit lighter grey boxes. I wish we could customize it a bit, even if it's only the colors...
    We'll have t5o get used to it I guess...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Someone wrote a stylesheet for the browser add on stylish - It makes a huge difference in readability.

http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/enhanced-style-for-the-new-arcgames-forum/
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...is there any way to see which of the threads one has commented on?
    There also needs to be page buttons at the bottom of a thread. That's web design 101.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    mungsu wrote: »
    There also needs to be page buttons at the bottom of a thread. That's web design 101.

I'd prefer them both at the top and the bottom.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    edited June 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    All those issues presented to "justify" a no are all cosmetic issues at worst. I find this to be quite premature and well redundant. In any case, the change is happening and I personally feel it is for the better.

Well, I have one not-so-cosmetic issue:

Where are the / is the option to make polls ???
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    You can make polls. When you click Discussion to make a thread, hit the dropdown arrow and select Poll.

I hate this system. I understand why PWE forced the forums here, and I has nothing to do with whether this is a better system, and everything to do with somewhere up in management, they decided they needed to centralize their communities and since they were using Vanilla for some other thing why no use it for them all? I'm the boss, I made the call, please do the project...... and.... go!

So.. here we are. So far, these forums are horribly organized with a terrible IA which results in a terrible UX. Now, it may be they can resolve some of those things, but dontcha think they should have resolved most of that before pulling the trigger on a migration? You know - grab a test dump, run through it, see how it works with "live" data? That's how I'd have had my team do it... seems pretty reasonable to me. But... no.. again, these guys do whatever they want without regard for their customers.
  • hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind these forums so bad if I could figure out how to change the color so that I can actually read them. This current version equals a headache after about 2 minutes.
  • jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    Is there a way to change font and backround? i cant read black with white font.
    kvet wrote: »
    [...], but dontcha think they should have resolved most of that before pulling the trigger on a migration? You know - grab a test dump, run through it, see how it works with "live" data? That's how I'd have had my team do it... seems pretty reasonable to me. But... no.. again, these guys do whatever they want without regard for their customers.

Well, tests and simulations cost money. Now imagine everything runs fine right first time... ...wasted money. WASTED. Customers? Heck, they already spent so much here, do you really think they'll wave all that goodbye because they're a week without forum and three more with a buggy, incomplete one ahd the remainder of the year a glitchy one? Did they do this when we again over and over bug and glitch the game itself? ...what??? Some did? Bah, new ones will come. Xbox will bring hordes of them in - and all their cuddwy-wuddwy sweet cute dollars we at PWE love soooooo much.

Professional pride? Nah. Mgmt. doesn't permit this. Get real, it's a game. Let them QQ, gives them someting to waste their time that's less work for our servers... ...so two flies with one swat >:)

It's a shame.

Also, the "new way" of comunication in the migration was absolutely... ...nah. Better stop now.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The forum is only a few days old. Of course some adjustments must be taken but it is not as worse as some of you suggest and some of "problems" are personal issues because the forum is simply new.
    The only two thing i would see as a fail is that unregistered users can see the IP Adress of members (i can see lewst1 house from google maps maybe i will make tour via streetview latet) and that moderators have currently no rights to moderate. maybe the "read newest post" is a big lose for someone (can't tell, i scroll the forum manually because that is the real thing;)), maybe someone can include a checkbox filtersystem for it to sort other games out of it.

Besides that the forum runs pretty well on mobile devices and has a good handling on it. The inly thing that disturbs me is that the element that shows me how many pages a thread has is completely in white. So it os hard to tell on which page i must navigate.

Edit: i want to point out that the mobile version has black background and grey font like the old forum and is nice to read. Hopefully we will also get this on the normals version.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Forums have been around for many years now, and the basic features are well established.

'New posts' has been on every forum I have ever read with some frequency, and is my preferred method of browsing. Was it taken away just because some web designer wanted to unify all the Arc forums in one place? I have no interest in the other Arc games, because I do not play them.

Please think of how people actually use something when you make design decisions.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    The News Forums were all migrated but players were able to post there so they were likely taken down until the transition is complete.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    this "vanilla" pages are incomplete, and look unfinish to novice forum readers, i see there isnt a bottom section for "pages" button, it all missing, why rescroll back to top for next page? so this isnt the next generation forum format? it look so lame, and i agreed, bad background with barely readable letters. why using dark/light greys? been playing with 50 shades?
    i am sure it give our moderators lot of headaches dealing with these messes.
    one thing that i dont understand, why there is "Child" in each catagories? it feel wasted of time and texts.

by the way, sorry for omit.
    how do i suppose to track my recent posts and able to see some of my discussions on forum sections?
  • lesplelesple Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    While we're at it, how come there isn't a button to go to the last unread post in a thread?
    What's a signature and what does it do?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    lesple wrote: »
    While we're at it, how come there isn't a button to go to the last unread post in a thread?
    Click the time of the latest post on the right under the "Most Recent" column.
  • lesplelesple Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Nope, that brings me to the first post of the last page, not last (well, first actually) unread post.
    What's a signature and what does it do?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Nope, that brings me to the first post of the last page, not last (well, first actually) unread post.
    Odd, for me it takes me to the last unread post in that thread.

Edit: Nm, they must be changing things up because that is no longer working right for me. Was earlier when I posted, now it is not.

• twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Try this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3ae649/new_nwounblogged_enhanced_style_for_the_new/

Helped a ton with making the forums easier to read. 10000% better after getting this add on and J0shi style sheet loaded.
    I would just like to further endorse this course of action. Huge improvement. Still not quit as good as the 'old' forum but perfectly usable.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder