test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove Great Success from HE if you dont stay at the end

crimpatulcrimpatul Member Posts: 197
edited June 2015 in PvE Discussion
Please, remove great success from HE if you dont stay inside at the end.

The unique reason to get Great Success if you dont stay to the end is with death, but any other case must be penalized, because people are rushing from one HE to another without finishing it and getting great success doing a poor work.

These rushers are removing all the fun from IWD HEs.

Great success=Stay to the end. Thanks and sorry for my english.
Post edited by crimpatul on

Comments

• Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    sometimes i have to go outside the he to get the last one cause others wont do it. so i vote no because you cant always be in that circle and win the encounter.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    sometimes i have to go outside the he to get the last one cause others wont do it. so i vote no because you cant always be in that circle and win the encounter.

Mobs are outside of the HE because they are chasing the rushers. No rushers=all the mobs inside.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What if you die?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    glubtalglubtal Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Theres only one solution to all this:
    Only one type of reward and u get it if: the HE is destroyed and u dealt some dmg...
    The reward could always be: 1 peridot + 35 BI, and then RNG (say, a 50/50 if u get another peridot or a aquamarine).

Its simple and it would take away so much stress and arguing between players...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What if you die?

They can code it.

When you enter in the HE a new variable is created: death and it is initialized as 0 (zero).

Death=0

If you die the variable set the value to 1. Death=1

At the end of the HE, if you are outside and Death=1 then you can get great success. If the HE is finished and death=0 you get screwed for rusher :D.

It is not hard to develop this code.
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    crimpatul wrote: »
    They can code it.

When you enter in the HE a new variable is created: death and it is initialized as 0 (zero).

Death=0

If you die the variable set the value to 1. Death=1

At the end of the HE, if you are outside and Death=1 then you can get great success. If the HE is finished and death=0 you get screwed for rusher :D.

It is not hard to develop this code.

what if your running back to the he as it ends.or if it disconnects. theres way to many flaws with this plan.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That's a terrible idea. How will tanks and healers ever be able to compete with dps-classes then? I have to run ahead of the group and leave early for the next HE, because all these wizards and GWFs melt the mobs away so fast, i can't heal, damage or take enough damage to get a great success.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Simply a stupid idea.
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And if you remove the great success,botters will put a level 60 character in every HE there is and they will farm the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of them while you are doing all the work

I vote no because there is no better idea proposed.If you come up with better idea I will vote yes
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here is the issue.. if you are a GF, DC or op class, YOU should be splitting, its the dps that needs to trail. Thats the truth of it all.

THIS was already a issue before, but becuase minor HES didnt matter and YOU could get enough healing or damage points in a regular epic HE, it wasnt brought up.

The real issue here isnt splitting, its WHO is splitting.

On my DC, I go foward, on my CW/GWF i Trail.

That is how it should work, but of course, for some reason, when I see foward splits, I see over 50% of them dps.

Thats just basic human error, and its hard to correct. ITs not cryptic fault that is happening.

The other option, is start your own 5 man group, go north in DV and do the 4-5 minors there, usually pretty quite honestly, ive done that with 2-3 poeple, works well.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The nerf to Dragon Hoards and the rain of RP in IWD were the terrible ideas, you may not see it but you will feel it if you remain with this game long enough

I agree with the nerf part, was too harsh.

but.. the real issue here is the lack of TRUE value in running DDs, they need to offer blue rp at every mini boss and a purple at every boss.. FOR every t1.

then a purple at every mini boss and a chance at a brillant diamond at the main boss (10% or something) for t2s.

The game needs MORE rp then even IWD offers OR they need to just get rid of artifact equipment, something I WOULD be fine with.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    [...]
    but.. the real issue here is the lack of TRUE value in running DDs, they need to offer blue rp at every mini boss and a purple at every boss.. FOR every t1.
    [...]

Lostmauth dropped a peridot for me once! (I love saying that)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I still think that if peeps are not within a certain radius of the HE when it is defeated they should get NO reward.

How do gfs,pally and dcs score then?

That is a base problem.

I dont mind if they change it from damage given, done and healing to just a flat, time based. Then everyone who participates can score instead.

So even if you die but you are there for 80% or something.. you get great success.

I would be OK with that change.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wouldn't say they "must not remove", but I definitely do not think they "must remove".

Honestly, does it make sense that everybody and their grandma stays at the spot when some _____ (insert preferred expletive) can't understand that knockback (or -pets) are not really helpful in that zerg, and the last barbarian/shaman/troll/wight gets bowled halfway to the north pole? Or to hunt that hapless mob with 20 people???

Some of the best and least laggy zergs I've experienced were those with one smaller group rushing the first spawn waves, and moving on when the other larger group came and flattened the second wave. At the larger, longer HEs, like Totem of Auril, the vanguard stayed halfway through the second wave and moved on when only some single mobs were left...

...where's the problem?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,270 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly, does it make sense that everybody and their grandma stays at the spot when some _____ (insert preferred expletive) can't understand that knockback (or -pets) are not really helpful in that zerg, and the last barbarian/shaman/troll/wight gets bowled halfway to the north pole? Or to hunt that hapless mob with 20 people???
    Of course, they understand and understand well. They don't want you to get the damage. They want to get the damage themselves. They did that intentionally. In a way, I don't blame them. Everybody is competing for the score to get Great Success. We all know we can "complete" the HE.

It is now a cut throat business and we are all bounty hunters.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    plasticbat wrote: »
    Of course, they understand and understand well. [...]

It is now a cut throat business and we are all bounty hunters.

Point taken. I'd argue there's probably both sorts...

So, even more of a reason to move on early...
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gosh it is so easy to fix.
    make only one HE active for user. Easy. Simple.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    or give each HE a 'boss' with 5x the HP of all other encounters in the HE

this would slope the XP towards the 'final' round, not the first round.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    great sucess for time inside is the best solution... have some playes that destroy the first wave and run. BUT if you do that in a caravan for example, the waves dont stop to coming and...

then is just up the heroic encounter zone.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    well at the moment, if your sick of splitters get 5 people go north in DV.. there is 3-4 minor hes no one ever touches and you can just farm that with your own group
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    what if your running back to the he as it ends.or if it disconnects. theres way to many flaws with this plan.

yeah because you spent whole 15 sec of your life on that HE, what will you do if you somehow managed to die(dont have a clue how youd do that on 5mans)

atm its bs no point running this **** for 1 crappy peridot as it is now(paladin - 0 dmg) and tanks arent needed on anything that isnt 10+

its more fun just to play something else(either other content or other game) and buy rp for leadership AD, at least rp got cheaper
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Nah, there has to be a better way to deal with such issues than penalize everyone for the rotten apples. All this will do is cause people to complain and have a worse time as they encounter issues that make them not get credit when they should, because of some limitation proposed here. This thread's proposed change is not something I'd like to see happen.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I do not know, for me it is easy to get "great success" on my GF. All you need to do is take enough damage, as that is how tanks are assured it. The proposal I would say for it is, if say there are no characters within say 100' of the encounter (which does happen sometimes with two groups running them) that the encounter would reset after say 5-10 seconds.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Nah, there has to be a better way to deal with such issues than penalize everyone for the rotten apples. All this will do is cause people to complain and have a worse time as they encounter issues that make them not get credit when they should, because of some limitation proposed here. This thread's proposed change is not something I'd like to see happen.

...sure. What about reinstating the Dragon Hoard's functionality - because that's been... ...erm, neutered (?) just because of the problem you mentioned.

Not meant as an attack against you, Zeb, just sayin'
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wonder if you could institute something like:

(participation_time/HE_total_runtime > X) AND ((damage_dealt > A) OR (damage_healed_to_others > B)) to calculate reward tiers.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For anti-rush I think this would work better:

If you are currently in an HE and a previous HE you were in finished, you forfeit all rewards from the previous one regardless of your performance. Basically, you can only be "queued" to be rewarded from one HE at a time.

Edit: Aaaand I see that thedemien already suggested that idea. So I second it. :P
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!