test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150515a.3

Comments

• obsidianhandobsidianhand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was hoping they'd finally fix the absolutely-useless-because-it-has-no-effect-whatsoever Line Breaker Assault power of the Guardian Fighter. Sad to say there's no mention of it in the patch notes. Oh, well. Another long wait before us GFs can use our supposedly top-tier power. >.<
  • jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Divine Judgement: Damage has been reduced by 67% but no longer divides equally among targets hit. Target cap increased to 7 (up from 5)"

I know people always complained that this was way over powered but I reckon I got maybe 1 out of 10, one shot kills from it. Yes it did a far bit of damage but so many times it did next to nothing or zero damage as it felt classes could absorb all the damage or more often than not dodge it. So many times I would use it and the class would just either hide away or run away at stupid speeds, something a pala cant do. I myself have been one shotted by others classes abilities, or stun locked and noting at all I can do just sit there and take quite successions of excessive damage. I guess it's just a case of who can cry louder can make Cryptic change a system?

So anyways it has been reduced by 67% that probably makes it do maybe 30K damage tops (on a crit), this won't even dint many players and by time it's cast they will be back to 100% HP. Many many pvp battles I have had normally with clerics I can't make a dint on them, I do lots of damage and they just perm heal back to full, maybe Judgement would have finished them but now it will be lost in every other weak attack this class has.

It now says between targets I presume then it does 30K to everyone and not just 100k between everyone.

"Vengeful Judge: No longer incorrectly cools down artifacts."

Pah was handy this :D

If ANY one class can survive with easy a 3v1+ then what every ability they are using needs to be addressed. For the one a 1v1s should be close matches, 2v1 should be challenging but doable with some luck but in a 3v1+ you should be totally owned, this I notice isn't the case for normally Hunters, Clerics and Rogues.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Patch notes are for version NW.45.20150515a.3, but version after patching is NW.45.20150515a.2 What is missing?
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    Patch notes are for version NW.45.20150515a.3, but version after patching is NW.45.20150515a.2 What is missing?

^^^This^^^
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    ^^^this^^^

this ^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^
  • hokybangethokybanget Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2015
    i dunno what will happen to paladin at lvl 61 above PVP. =).
    i agree DJ need to be nerf for pvp below lvl 60. but above lvl 60 , DJ seems dont do much damage at all
  • alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Probably the class fixes that they are no longer showing in the patch notes.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    I'm looking into the discrepancy in patch version and these notes. The IT Forum's notes have that missing section, so that is probably just an accidental omission from copy/paste. Not sure what's up with the version number.
  • ipodhinhoipodhinho Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    what about the synergy portion of Harrowstorm?
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    General: Tenacity: Damage resistance from Tenacity now works again and is no longer incorrectly showing as 0% regardless of stats.
    Control Wizard
    Disintegrate now correctly generates Action Points.
    Icy Terrain Rank 4 now correctly works in the Spell Mastery slot.
    Devoted Cleric
    Astral Seal: This power now heals for 5 times as much but cannot be triggered more than once every 4 seconds.
    Cleanse: This feat has been reworked to removed Damage over Time effects from allies, rather than all possible debuffs.
    Hunter Ranger: Aspect of the Serpent: Resolved an issue with this power not working properly.
    Oathbound Paladin
    Divine Judgement: Damage has been reduced by 67% but no longer divides equally among targets hit. Target cap increased to 7 (up from 5)
    Flash of Light: No longer incorrectly cools down artifacts.
    Prism can no longer in some cases cause an infinite loop.
    Vengeful Judge: No longer incorrectly cools down artifacts.
    Combat: Trickster Rogue: Bloody Brawler: This feat now correctly looks for ranks in itself rather than in Roll With the Punches.

and this??
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    doidloko wrote: »
    and this??

Huh? I said I was looking into it. :P
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Huh? I said I was looking into it. :P

thank you zebular we appreciate it a ton.
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Zeb.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Classes and Balance
    Devoted Cleric
    Astral Seal: This power now heals for 5 times as much but cannot be triggered more than once every 4 seconds.
    Cleanse: This feat has been reworked to removed Damage over Time effects from allies, rather than all possible debuffs.
    Both are just lame workaround - aka nerf - for known bugs.
    AS: makes the power to be a typical "hope the RNG" one.
    Cleanse: makes it a SKIPTHIS feat. Remove it completely and we are fine. Or remove the ICD since the RNG part is way enough to not be really useful.
  • sillystupidsimonsillystupidsimon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    • Black Ice Sets: There are now sets of Black Ice gear for trade of Black Ice at the Black Ice Forge that is ilvl 122. It can also be upgraded with Black Ice Shaping.

Just took off my T3 BI gear set (inc gloves) and refined them in the BI profession. Level 2 and level 3 tasks to produce the lvl 122 set. Fantastic.

Then I went to put it on to see what it did to my stats and IL. YOU CANNOT EQUIP.

No warning, no tooltip - even tried buying some BI boots from IWD store - same thing - YOU CANNOT EQUIP.

I hope you fix this - soon or there will be some very annoyed NAKED toons unable to pick a fight with the smallest of mobs. Oh, wait. No change there! :)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the HR fix and the at-wills buff. Sorely needed, and in time for the pvp tourney too. :D
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hopefully the devs pass on word to the community mods if the class changes were left out of the post on accident or really were not added. Really looking forward to the changes to AS and Prism. Many people use them just to be a pain to others. There is no other reason for their repeated use this far into the mod. It would be impossible for someone not to notice or not to see that it is causing the lag.
    edited June 2015
    The full patch should now go out to everyone, putting them at the a.3 version. Seems there was a small hiccup in the patchserver that caused a version mismatch. Also, Strum has fixed the patch notes. :)

Sorry for the confusion!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]

• arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And everybody is missing one of the most waited change in a long time, the voting kicking has been improved a bit. So now these people that complains oh my class is not working properly blah blah blah this is the kind of people that normally abused the vote kick options.

These changes are great in the long run for the game as a whole and thank you for that. It's a pity these changes came to late for many as a lot of people have already migrated to other pastures. But for those who stayed this is great news. Thank you for all the positive feedback or changes to thus far keep it up, and in doing so you will stop people from leaving.

The only thing that needs to change is the difficulty, because as things stands that is one of the biggest reason people are leaving the game at the moment.
    edited June 2015
    Thanks again Zeb
  • drizzt2510drizzt2510 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hi Devs,

First of all thanks for bringing changes to the questlines of Reclamation Rock, and yeah that Camera shake was really very annoying. It won't make a difference for me since I have already done all Mod 6 Zones, but I must say makes it better for guys who are yet to complete it.

But the issues of Lag and patching new maps are still a heavy nuisance, it makes us look like fools even after having good internet connection. Please do something about this, but there is one issue I notice and I think it might be a one-off thing with me only. But whenever my GWF pairs with a CW or SW, it gets pathetically slow I mean really **** slow, I could blink and still couldn't miss anything that happened kind of slow. As I said might be something with my setting, but I am playing at extremely low settings on a 20Mbps connection, kinda not making sense at all. Could please check if these issues are reported from someone else or not. Cause this is really annoying.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015

• Combat: Trickster Rogue: Bloody Brawler: This feat now correctly looks for ranks in itself rather than in Roll With the Punches.

I'd just like to point out that this feat had been broken since it was introduced on 11/18/14. I forget when the cause of it being broken was identified via forum dialogue between players, but it was an unreasonably long time ago.

I'm glad it's being fixed but jeezly crow.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • doidlokodoidloko Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thx zebular
    edited June 2015
    Oathbound Paladin
    o Divine Judgement: Damage has been reduced by 67% but no longer divides equally among targets hit. Target cap increased to 7 (up from 5)

meaning become single target damage?
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    good to see the vote kicking changes, i still see a lot of people are strugling with adapting to the new meta for their toons, have you guys considered compiling some actual decent guide threads theres a few for at least some of the classes and make a add on launcher to send people their, make sure they are actual builds that work, i run into people some that have been playing for some time with old meta still months in that i can have soloing in IWD in 5 mins of power adjustements and a respec to a feat path that actualy synergises with power use
    GET SOME BETER GUIDES OUT TO THE GENERAL POPULACE SO THEY CAN GET BACK TO USING THEIR CHARS AS YOUR CRYPTIC TOOL TIPS MEAN MOST PEOPLE HAVE REALY BAD BUILDS.
  • serpentinsightserpentinsight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'd just like to point out that this feat had been broken since it was introduced on 11/18/14. I forget when the cause of it being broken was identified via forum dialogue between players, but it was an unreasonably long time ago.

I'm glad it's being fixed but jeezly crow.

Cool! That means only six month till they fix the drow racial quest line (Plots within plots quest in Rothé Valley). Finally!
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hokybanget wrote: »
    Oathbound Paladin
    o Divine Judgement: Damage has been reduced by 67% but no longer divides equally among targets hit. Target cap increased to 7 (up from 5)

meaning become single target damage?

No, it means it is now best as an AoE hitting multiple targets. It got nerfed hardcore for a single target.

Also I tested on preview this morning and each target being hit has it's own chance at being critically hit. Not if you crit once, they all get hit by crit damage.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
    edited June 2015
    ... so Daily DJ become same as encounter damage =).
    and when will they rework permanent CC ??
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    morenthar wrote: »
    I know, FINALLY! Now if we could get VP working properly, I'll go buy a decent bottle of sparkling wine and maybe bust out a Cuban cigar. I'm serious, I'd actually do that.
    i didnt know about the bug...but if i got it right you were basically getting a free feat for nothing...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    i didnt know about the bug...but if i got it right you were basically getting a free feat for nothing...

No, you had to take both of the lackluster T1 Scoundrel feats for the lifesteal one to work at all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.