test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.11

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)
Patch Notes

Classes and Balance
• Control Wizard
o Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
o Chaos Magic: This feat can now no longer be improperly activated out of combat.
o Icy Terrain: This power now correctly reduces the cooldown at rank 4.
o Arcane Power Field: This power no longer improperly activates while not slotted.
• Devoted Cleric:
o Anointed Army: This power now works as expected at Rank 4.
o Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
o Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
o Geas: This power now properly respects control immunities.
o Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
• Great Weapon Fighter: Weapon Master: Rank 4 of this power now works as expected.
• Hunter Ranger
o Aimed Shot: Rank 4 of this power now correctly reduces the charge time of the power.
o Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
o Stormstep Action: This class feature no longer grants more recharge than expected with Seismic Shot.
• Oathbound Paladin
o Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
o Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
o Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
• Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.

Content and Environment
• Dread Ring: The daily event now displays the correct rewards for each day.
• Sharandar: Hunter Rangers may now use the sharandar store.
• Tiamat's Hoard: Update the Hoard text to reflect the actual rewards given out in the Tiamat fight.

Items and Economy
• Companions: Augment companion stats no longer go down when upgraded to Legendary quality.
• Items
o Dragon Queen's Key: Updated the text to display the correct items that can be awarded. This is a text change only, it now properly displays the chest can award the Elemental Alliance armor.
o Inscribed Shirt and Pants for Oathbound Paladin now scale after level 60.
o Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times."
o Professions: Leadership: the Enchanted Coffer reward had a bug that skewed its rewards to Elemental Resources. From now on Enchanted Coffers will be much more varied in their rewards.
o Sound of the Sea shirt can now be properly equipped by Oathbound Paladins.

Performance and Stability
• We have identified and resolved an issue that some powers could stick around indefinitely under certain conditions (Arcane Singularity and others) and over the course of a servers lifetime could begin to cause server performance issues.
• We have made some server adjustments to Adventure Zone maps to help combat lag and rubberbanding.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Looking good, thanks!
  • Options
    zakn1f3inzakn1f3in Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One thing you guys should really think about is the mounts binding to character. They should instead "bind to account". It is really frustrating having to spend so much per character just to get a different mount and after you change the mount it is pretty much useless.
    I think all of us players would be so much happier if you bound to account instead of character. I have been playing this game since it started(under a diff email)..made this new email account and i love all my characters and am extremely loyal to neverwinter. Just a thought.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hunter rangers do not deserve to use the sharandar store....nerf! :p (joking ofc)
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zakn1f3in wrote: »
    One thing you guys should really think about is the mounts binding to character. They should instead "bind to account". It is really frustrating having to spend so much per character just to get a different mount and after you change the mount it is pretty much useless.
    I think all of us players would be so much happier if you bound to account instead of character. I have been playing this game since it started(under a diff email)..made this new email account and i love all my characters and am extremely loyal to neverwinter. Just a thought.

If you got the mount from the ZEN store, it's reclaimable by all characters on an account.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you got the mount from the ZEN store, it's reclaimable by all characters on an account.

Yep, 'tis true. That said, I took them up on the massive mount sale at the end of the year. I can get nearly every mount for any of my toons, but lack the inventory space to do so. A mounts tab and/or stable would be a godsend.

Related note: my main has 90 bound companions and a huge backlog of unbound ones. An increase to the 96-companion limit at some point would be nice.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    "Rawr you didn't fix (insert whatever here)!!! Rawr!!"

There, I just saved a ton of people a little time. :D
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    - Good to hear that the midlevel gear from the campaigns gets reintroduced.
    - Good to hear that Armor Enchantment slots now will be on more than one chestpiece.
    - Good to hear Tia's is getting attenuated, so people can get their ToD boons without spending months in WoD
    - Good to hear we'll get refining stuff from the campaign zone daily lairs.
    - Good news especially for all the not-all-BiS-geared-and-heavily-prefarmed-pre-Mod-6 crowd and even more so for new players.

Well done, build more momentum and carry on in that way.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Say stop for a second here, Negative reaction from enchants with vow, lol Well Lightning and vow is not negative its a positive and one of the best single things iv ever used on a paladin, so don't mess with Vow, lets stop right there, mess with the primary thing on feat tree, FIX PRISM SO IT DONT LAG EVERYONE AND FIX THE 1/1, BUT DONT TOUCH VOW ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

There are some horrible negative reactions with paladin abilities (I got an OP), this was not one I was aware of, but it is probably a buff and not a nerf. One of the horrid ones is aura of courage+slashers mark...it....errr....kills off party members. Another thing that needs fixing is aura of life activating at the same time as soulforged and giving res sickness, then the next time you die its permanent. This is an issue because it means that if a pally is using aura of life, the soulforged enchant is useless.
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OMG.
    Geas was completely NERFED. This encounter is now useless. I understand the reason why was nerfed vs bosses. But nerfing it with such cooldown in PVP too?
    I didnt read the part where Desintegrate was nerfed? Yeah cause it is very OP.
    What is this encounter a feat? and enchantment with such cooldown? come on!. the pvp nerf was not needed.

PS: Please! but please! dont ruin this class as it is my main now. Same as you did with warlock (my old main). thanks!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good changes, but I'm sad theres's still nothing for the foundry bugs :( Specially the teleporter one that makes testing quests with a teleporter impossible.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know why you had to let HRs use the Sharandar store. There goes the neighborhood!

Thank you for fixing R4 powers.

I hope BTS is truly fixed this time.

I hope you haven't hurt Geas too much. If you don't want it to work on bosses, that's fine, but I hope it's not hard to land it on some of the more resistant mobs that aren't bosses.

Most of all, I hope the lag problems are fixed. If so, a giant thank you for that.
  • Options
    castaspelacastaspela Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015

No the Zen store, He speak about the other mount like nightmare
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Good changes, but I'm sad theres's still nothing for the foundry bugs :( Specially the teleporter one that makes testing quests with a teleporter impossible.

As Reiwulf says, please do some fixes on foundry bugs (there are more than 100), we are NOT 2nd class players, or even 3rd class players.

List of foundry bugs, already reported:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?480721-Current-Verified-Foundry-UGC-Related-Bugs

We can't have FUN if our tools are BROKEN! :mad:
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015

• We have identified and resolved an issue that some powers could stick around indefinitely under certain conditions (Arcane Singularity and others) and over the course of a servers lifetime could begin to cause server performance issues.
    • We have made some server adjustments to Adventure Zone maps to help combat lag and rubberbanding.

Good to hear there, wish those improvement will works as expect.:D
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Could you please update us on the Status of Enchants. Several Pure/Transcendent versions are bugged. Specifically Transcendent Vorpal (buffs mobs? Not sure just read it and was kicked from dungeon for having it(I read a comment from Panderus?? saying they were WAI)). It's in the bank right now and I have a perfect Vorpal in it's place for the time being. I would REALLY like to use transcendent. Could you please look into it. Also The pure/trans feytouched. These things are completely broken. Making the mobs hit us even harder. Damage on a single attack in the 20-30 million range.

Finally. Could you please reduced the difficulty.
  • Options
    stia12stia12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oathbound Paladin - Daily - Shield of Faith
    Damage taken by allies isn`t reduced.

I see that isn`t fixed yet.
  • Options
    khaymanbb1023khaymanbb1023 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have to say I am impressed that you all are looking at community/player base for content fixes. I hope you can overlook the vast majority of whiners and focus on the sincere issues that have come up. Thank you for doing this, and I'm really looking forward to having this game go back to the fun it used to be. I hope the over-balance of enemy damage gets patched on the next one, as this is nearly a deal breaker for many. Thanks again.
  • Options
    dominiq666dominiq666 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oathbound Paladin

Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.

This has NOT been fixed , my OP still has NO damage bonus from Vengeful Judge.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,292 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dominiq666 wrote: »
    This has NOT been fixed , my OP still has NO damage bonus from Vengeful Judge.

You have not seen the patch yet. The patch will be applied tomorrow.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You Nerfed all the good stuff - getting rid of Dark Fey and Shadowmantle seals, Fixing Tiamat fights, etc.
    Patch Notes

Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard
    o Entangling Force: Rank 4 now correctly reduces the Cooldown of Entangling Force and works correctly in the Spell Mastery slot.
    o Chaos Magic: This feat can now no longer be improperly activated out of combat.
    o Icy Terrain: This power now correctly reduces the cooldown at rank 4.
    o Arcane Power Field: This power no longer improperly activates while not slotted.
    • Devoted Cleric:
    o Anointed Army: This power now works as expected at Rank 4.
    o Break the Spirit: Empowered bonus on this power now works as expected.
    o Geas: Players in PVP can only be affected by Geas once every 30 seconds.
    o Geas: This power now properly respects control immunities.
    o Urgent Prayers: The heal from this feat can no longer be deflected.
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Weapon Master: Rank 4 of this power now works as expected.
    • Hunter Ranger
    o Aimed Shot: Rank 4 of this power now correctly reduces the charge time of the power.
    o Aspect of the Lone Wolf: Rank 4 now increases Deflect as expected.
    o Stormstep Action: This class feature no longer grants more recharge than expected with Seismic Shot.
    • Oathbound Paladin
    o Sanctuary: The root from Icy Rays (and other similar powers) no longer incorrectly piereces Sanctuary's CC Immunity.
    o Vengeful Judge: Now works as expected for all Paladin Paragon Paths.
    o Vow of Emnity: No longer has negative interactions with Weapon Enchantments.
    • Scourge Warlock: All Consuming Curse: This class feature will no longer incorrectly activate while the power is not slotted.

Content and Environment
    • Dread Ring: The daily event now displays the correct rewards for each day.
    • Sharandar: Hunter Rangers may now use the sharandar store.
    • Tiamat's Hoard: Update the Hoard text to reflect the actual rewards given out in the Tiamat fight.

Items and Economy
    • Companions: Augment companion stats no longer go down when upgraded to Legendary quality.
    • Items
    o Dragon Queen's Key: Updated the text to display the correct items that can be awarded. This is a text change only, it now properly displays the chest can award the Elemental Alliance armor.
    o Inscribed Shirt and Pants for Oathbound Paladin now scale after level 60.
    o Lifedrinker Weapon: No longer incorrectly stacks multiple times."
    o Professions: Leadership: the Enchanted Coffer reward had a bug that skewed its rewards to Elemental Resources. From now on Enchanted Coffers will be much more varied in their rewards.
    o Sound of the Sea shirt can now be properly equipped by Oathbound Paladins.

User Interface
    • Item Level is now more prominent on item tooltips.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looking good, but all the GREAT stuff from the original post got Nerfed - Dark fey and shadowmantle seal still hanging on, with on store items to deplete supplies, adjusting the Tiamat fight delayed, etc.
    zebular wrote: »
    Looking good, thanks!
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    are those ranger notes a fix of the current perma root and daze of trapper path?
This discussion has been closed.