test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Perfect World to become privately owned

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Off Topic
Not sure what, if any, difference this will make, but apparently this happened. So yeah!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

Comments

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not good. Not good at all...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Personally, I think this could be a good thing.
    No more answering to any Board of Directors (potentially) or shareholders.
    Could lead to a real increase in product quality, but time will tell.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe no taxes to pay will allow zen pricing to decrease
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Depends on the owners view for the company really. He now has full control, he no longer has to answer to a board of share holders if they approve his bid. So he may not be as greedy and may want to offer a share options to employees or something and focus on building the company stronger rather than expanding it quickly.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maxing profits by pairing production costs way down (quality plummets) and pushing revenue gains as far as possible in a short period of time are, I think, signs that this thing is going to be sold soon. I am by no means any kind of expert but I am predicting Neverwinter Online is sold within twelve months of Perfect World going private.

I'll nerdgasm if somehow EA gets it and we end up with a game being developed by Bioware instead of Cryptic. Pipe dreams hahaha
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Check this news site report:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/perfect-world-enters-into-definitive-agreement-for-going-private-transaction-300072177.html

It says below all the games owned and run by Perfect World, yet makes no mention of Neverwinter:

About Perfect World Co., Ltd. (http://www.pwrd.com)

Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD) is a leading online game developer and operator based in China. Perfect World primarily develops online games based on proprietary game engines and game development platforms. Perfect World's strong technology and creative game design capabilities, combined with extensive knowledge and experiences in the online game market, enable it to frequently and promptly introduce popular games designed to cater changing customer preferences and market trends. Perfect World's current portfolio of self-developed online games includes client-based online PC games: "Perfect World," "Legend of Martial Arts," "Perfect World II," "Zhu Xian," "Chi Bi," "Hot Dance Party," "Pocketpet Journey West," "Battle of the Immortals," "Fantasy Zhu Xian," "Forsaken World," "Empire of the Immortals," "Return of the Condor Heroes," "Saint Seiya Online," "Swordsman Online," "Holy King" and "Legend of the Condor Heroes;" and a number of web games and mobile games, such as "Return of the Condor Heroes," "Forsaken World," "CrossGate Mobile," "Forever Mars," "Dawn after Dark," "Swordsman Mobile" and "Saint Seiya Mobile." Perfect World has also obtained exclusive rights to operate "DOTA2" in mainland China. While a majority of the revenues are generated in China, Perfect World operates its games in North America, Europe, Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia through its own subsidiaries. Perfect World's games have also been licensed to leading game operators in a number of countries and regions in Asia, Latin America, and the Russian Federation and other Russian speaking territories. Perfect World intends to continue to explore new and innovative business models and is committed to maximizing shareholder value over time.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guess that share price is going to hit 20.20 tomorrow morning lol.
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »

It says below all the games owned and run by Perfect World, yet makes no mention of Neverwinter:

*snip* Perfect World's current portfolio of self-developed online games *snip

Neverwinter is develop by Cryptic Studios they don't mention STO either.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This may be good news -- the existing management/zen-pillaging model has been so horrible one can only hope things can only improve. Perhaps it is the founder "rescuing" the company he began from the short-sighted zen blighted locusts of the board.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Neverwinter is develop by Cryptic Studios they don't mention STO either.

Aye, technically Cryptic Studios (Dev Studio) owns the rights to STO, NW, and CO, while WotC/Hasbro owns NW's IP outright. Perfect World Entertainment (Subsidiary) owns Cryptic Studios, while Perfect Peony Holding Company Limited (Parent) owns Perfect World Entertainment. PWE/PPHC Ltd./Cryptic does not own NW or STO, they just hold the rights to make and maintain a published game for those IPs.