test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We do get a full respec! It's a "Free Respec Token" in your Powers Page.

gibson74gibson74 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys just letting you know, since a lot didn't see it. We do get a full respect. All you have to do it hit the respect button on the bottom of your screen and you get a full free respect. They don't make it very obvious but its there.:)
Post edited by gibson74 on

Comments

• mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gibson74 wrote: »
    Hey guys just letting you know, since a lot didn't see it. We do get a full respect. All you have to do it hit the respect button on the bottom of your screen and you get a full free respect. They don't make it very obvious but its there.:)

Not really
    this is free respect every char gets once. If you never used it, it is still there, but if you ever respeced your char, you have to pay AD for new respec
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm pretty sure the OP is just letting people know they do get a one time free full respec. Most people will log in and see why only half their feats were reset and get confused and upset when it was stated a full respec was given. It just isn't entirely "forced".

Edit: Clarification, one time free full respec due to mod 6 changes.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    No, not the feat page. Use the respec button on the Powers page to access the Free Respec Token.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It seems to me that the complaint messages could have been avoided altogether if the patch notes had mentioned this to begin with. Still good to know we actually get the respec.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mmm1001 wrote: »
    Not really
    this is free respect every char gets once. If you never used it, it is still there, but if you ever respeced your char, you have to pay AD for new respec

There is no free respec that every character gets once. Some folks who have been around long enough might have one left over from the last time they were given out. And the last time was mod 3, I believe. But they have never just given one to every character, just because.

The smart folks used any lingering free respec's before the patch, without spending any points. This way we got the new freebie and still were able to redo our characters.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What mmm1001 said is true, to an extent. You can only ever have ONE free respec at a time, so if you have from from WAY long ago when they gave the last one out - it's been... hm.. over a year? Then you won't get a second one. However, your toons will have ONE at this point.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    tyria501 wrote: »
    It seems to me that the complaint messages could have been avoided altogether if the patch notes had mentioned this to begin with. Still good to know we actually get the respec.

Great point! The patch notes have been updated to reflect this! Thanks!

All characters will receive a forced full respec to accommodate feat tree and power changes.
    • Your free Respec Token can be accessed via the Respec Button on the Powers page, if your character did not receive a forced respec.
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    There is no free respec that every character gets once. Some folks who have been around long enough might have one left over from the last time they were given out. And the last time was mod 3, I believe. But they have never just given one to every character, just because.

The smart folks used any lingering free respec's before the patch, without spending any points. This way we got the new freebie and still were able to redo our characters.
    kvet wrote: »
    What mmm1001 said is true, to an extent. You can only ever have ONE free respec at a time, so if you have from from WAY long ago when they gave the last one out - it's been... hm.. over a year? Then you won't get a second one. However, your toons will have ONE at this point.

Aye, free respec tokens do not stack. You may only ever have ONE free respec token at a time.
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

Let's call them informed risk takers.

As I had the info too, but it said "forced" respec so I decided not to use my old tokens thinking all my stuff would be reset and I could therefore use the respec token too if need be.

Accuracy of the info provided leaves something to be desired.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Let's call them informed risk takers.

As I had the info too, but it said "forced" respec so I decided not to use my old tokens thinking all my stuff would be reset and I could therefore use the respec token too if need be.

Accuracy of the info provided leaves something to be desired.

Yes, a forced respec doesn't overwrite any lingering free respecs from ages ago and they specifically said a forced full respec, not a forced partial feat reset plus a full free respec

I don't think I had a freebie left on anyone since the last handouts were so very very long ago and I'm positive I've rebuilt them all at some point, but I'd be pretty peeved if I missed out because they miscommunicated what they were doing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for pointing this out, gibson74. Glad to see players helping each other out :)