test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask me your CW/General Gameplay questions!

1235»

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    twackers wrote: »
    Would you consider this a decent build? I haven't really read any build guides, and I'm quite enjoying this one (For now) even though I get out damaged by TR's by a good amount.

Current skills:
    http://puu.sh/h1Uex/079bf9edf6.png
    http://puu.sh/h1Uh9/43833414e0.png

Feats:
    http://puu.sh/h1UhN/667982a35f.png

As you can see, I mainly went for the Thaumaturge feats tree. I'm pretty new to neverwinter in general, so hopefully I'm not doing that bad. My main goal is the be team orientated and avoid blasting enemies away from the tank. Therefor, I removed repel from my powers and switched it with chill strike. I also replaced shield with ice terrain.

What I usually do is try to group the enemies with my arcane singularity and then put some ice under the enemies as they are sucked up. Once they are all bunched up, I use my aoe powers.

Only downside to be honest in single enemy combat.

Lightning Teleport and Battlewise are garbage. Don't put any points in those.

You will also want to max out Toughness depending on your starting roll for CON. If your initial CON is 10 or lower, you will definitely want the extra HP.

Master of Flame CW's will definitely want Focused Wizardry, because the key mechanic for MoF (Smolder) is regarded as a "single-target power". Smolder + Focused Wizardry + Swath of Destruction class feature adds an incredibly powerful debuff for your group.

Thaumaturge is a good choice for Master of Flame. My CW (PC) has been MoF Thaum for a while now, and has no problem with the lvl 60 content.
  • cee59cee59 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm brand new to this. I was wonder if this game gets tough? Haven't really seen many questions on difficulty. I'm only level 12 right now but haven't died once. I'm hoping it will become more challenging. We only have 3 of us in our group and are pretty much just playing as individuals and doing well.
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    How do you gain the skill "Create forum thread +1"? So I can stop using other threads to ask questions...

This skill is immensely difficult to learn! It requires the sacrifice of two young children, 3 goats, a plate of bacon, and a senior citizen. Then you must then open a portal to the Nine Hells of Baator, and slay every devil in sight.

or you can wait 2 weeks or a month until you get priveleges to post new threads (I forget which it is);)

I'm afraid I don't have the answers to your other questions, though I can come up with some interesting, creative, and totally inaccurate responses if you are really interested!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited April 2015
    cee59 wrote: »
    I'm brand new to this. I was wonder if this game gets tough? Haven't really seen many questions on difficulty. I'm only level 12 right now but haven't died once. I'm hoping it will become more challenging. We only have 3 of us in our group and are pretty much just playing as individuals and doing well.

If you want a challenging experience, you are playing the wrong game. I have yet to come across truly challenging content, and I've played everything with multiple classes
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • nickisisnickisis Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hattington wrote: »
    Why can't we be allowed to jump? Just have it so pushing down right stick is jump.

You can jump. It's LB plus A Button I believe. It's a weird button setup, but you can definitely jump.
    edited April 2015
    nickisis wrote: »
    You can jump. It's LB plus A Button I believe. It's a weird button setup, but you can definitely jump.

Yeah, if I recall correctly this was the setup from XB1 beta, I'd assume it has remained the same!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • karnivoreqtkarnivoreqt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ive been wondering, how do I go about claiming promo codes to use on my xbox one character
  • justdutch101justdutch101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Do you advice to put up items on the trade house? I have some blue items worth around 1000-2000 astral diamonds standing there for 3 days now already and I am starting to wonder if people actually do buy armour up there (Maybe it's a real nooby mistake of me to actually put up equipment there :p).
    edited April 2015
    Do you advice to put up items on the trade house? I have some blue items worth around 1000-2000 astral diamonds standing there for 3 days now already and I am starting to wonder if people actually do buy armour up there (Maybe it's a real nooby mistake of me to actually put up equipment there :p).

Yes, I do, I think that people don't have a lot of AD yet, so they havent been spending it, but I am sure it will pick up!
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Campaign explanations should probably be posted someplace as I am sure there are lots of people who have no idea how to start them.
    edited April 2015
    awrex1977 wrote: »
    Campaign explanations should probably be posted someplace as I am sure there are lots of people who have no idea how to start them.

Here's the wiki page on the ToD campaign: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Tyranny_of_Dragons_Campaign

In a nutshell, campaigns are endgame content, they enable you to unlock boons for your character along with various endgame gear, enchantments, and dungeons/skirmishes/raids.
    dulopa4e1d9.png