test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150317a.3

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Fixed an issue where the Control Wizard Feat Chilling Advantage would would persist after Chilling Presence was unslotted.
  • Devoted Cleric: Hastening Light will no longer affect artifacts.

Items and Economy
  • Artifacts
    • Shard of Valindra's Crown: This artifact now functions correctly at all ranks.
    • Waters of Elhazad: This artifact now functions correctly at all ranks.
  • Enchantments
    • Enchantments have received a tooltip pass to better reflect their effects.
    • Lightning: Rank 12 bonus damage now works correctly. Arc values now match their source.
    • Fixed issue where dragon hoard enchant would get worse when ranked up.
    • Holy Avenger: Bonus damage at Rank 12 now works correctly.
    • Holy Avenger: Heal should feel more potent and valuable.
    • Weapon Enchantments: Damage will never go below their stated minimum.
  • Level 70 PvP gear had higher stats than intended. They now compare better to PvE gear earned for the same amount of effort.
  • Level 70 potions now have updated icons.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    This is going to Preview right now, ETA in about an hour or so.
  • Options
    message2youmessage2you Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    New PvE sets will be permanently dont have set's bonus?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Trickster rogues still not have updated bonuses related to new class features with offhands
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The most major thing here is: New PvP burning set nerfed.
    Will need to log on and compare to see what happened...

Agree that the PvP gear should not be better for PvE than then PvE gear :)
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am pretty sure that the pvp gear issue is that the pvp gear was not losing regular stat points in exchange for having tenacity
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    New PvE sets will be permanently dont have set's bonus?

That's correct. This has been stated in several locations now. We definitely want to do them for future sets and with a little more restraint than what we originally launched with.

My High Vizier will still be sitting in my bank as a trophy of the hard work its done.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    That's correct. This has been stated in several locations now. We definitely want to do them for future sets and with a little more restraint than what we originally launched with.

My High Vizier will still be sitting in my bank as a trophy of the hard work its done.

When you release the new pve sets with set bonus's later will you release a pvp set with a bonus to go with it?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it just me or is anyone else unimpressed with the progress made during this delay? These two patch notes have been quite lackluster in terms of content and class balancing. When you delay a game, you should be adding a good amount of fixes and content to it. If this is all the progress you made during the week...wow.

Or the progress they've made isn't ready yet. Which doesn't seem promising for a release in what, ten days?
  • Options
    chroococcichroococci Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard: Fixed an issue where the Control Wizard Feat Chilling Advantage would would persist after Chilling Presence was unslotted.
    • Devoted Cleric: Hastening Light will no longer affect artifacts.

Items and Economy
    • Artifacts
      • Shard of Valindra's Crown: This artifact now functions correctly at all ranks.
      • Waters of Elhazad: This artifact now functions correctly at all ranks.
    • Enchantments
      • Enchantments have received a tooltip pass to better reflect their effects.
      • Lightning: Rank 12 bonus damage now works correctly. Arc values now match their source.
      • Fixed issue where dragon hoard enchant would get worse when ranked up.
      • Holy Avenger: Bonus damage at Rank 12 now works correctly.
      • Holy Avenger: Heal should feel more potent and valuable.
      • Weapon Enchantments: Damage will never go below their stated minimum.
    • Level 70 PvP gear had higher stats than intended. They now compare better to PvE gear earned for the same amount of effort.

what about lightning enchantment not working with encounters...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I hope by a little more restraint you don't mean the complete failure that was Draconic Templar gear. To have sets actually used for their bonuses you HAVE to make them good like HV or AD. The tiny, ineffectual percents given to Draconic Templar and the heavy handed ICDs given to other sets have made only a few 60 armor sets viable. If you just release another set like Draconic/D Templar, people will solely use it if it fits their desired stat balance.

Tiny percentage set bonus armor or ICD laden armor is not the restraint that should be shown.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hope by a little more restraint you don't mean the complete failure that was Draconic Templar gear. To have sets actually used for their bonuses you HAVE to make them good like HV or AD. The tiny, ineffectual percents given to Draconic Templar and the heavy handed ICDs given to other sets have made only a few 60 armor sets viable. If you just release another set like Draconic/D Templar, people will solely use it if it fits their desired stat balance.

Tiny percentage set bonus armor or ICD laden armor is not the restraint that should be shown.

I totally disagree. The set bonuses on the good sets -- HV, HP, AoW, AD -- were too good, making all other sets seem pointless for 5 mods.

I hope when the devs re-introduce set bonuses that they do make tiny, incremental effects, with possibly 2 or 3 choices that fit with the various roles/paragons/feat trees for each class. But please, don't make a set bonus effectively increase personal or group dps by 20-30% like some of the old sets.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Classes and Balance

Its bad, really. I cant even see the CD timer on the pots now.

Statement retracted, the numbers are now showing properly... looks like something took its sweet little time loading all the way.
  • Options
    vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

Will it? I haven't done the math yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Vizier will be superior to the lvl70 sets. We are talking about over 30% DPS increase not just for you but for your entire party. And if the things I hear about mob DR are true Vizier will do significantly more than 30%.
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I am in agreement with this as set bonuses pigeon hole us without being able to swap out with a nice piece we find due to it breaking up the set bonus, which makes the game kinda boring.

The set bonus problem is in huge effect in games Diablo 3. My Demon Hunter has the best set which is six, that's right, SIX pieces. It ruins the game.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ok. So right now the lostmauth cloak is available to buy for linu's favors in the WoD shop as are the greater imperial/seldarine/lathander cloaks, but not the greater black ice cloak. the greater black ice cloak is only available from the IWD shop for 250k black ice, something that takes way way longer to achieve.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    the arms/head/feet lost 284 stat points out of the 2117 it had originally = about 13.4% points lost per piece
    the armor lost 441 points out of the 3245 it had = about 13.6% points lost per piece.
    and none of the HP was lost off the pvp gear

still pvp rings + pve sets makes more sense
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Slightly off-the-wall question, panderus: has the serene runestone received any mod 6 treatment? With all the other changes I'm anticipating having to pull my Cleric Disciple out of retirement and put the gal back on the front lines.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited March 2015
    IWD continues to be impossible with the 60-70 boost. I get 2 shotted by mobs hitting for 25k.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    vvv459 wrote: »
    Will it? I haven't done the math yet but I wouldn't be surprised if Vizier will be superior to the lvl70 sets. We are talking about over 30% DPS increase not just for you but for your entire party. And if the things I hear about mob DR are true Vizier will do significantly more than 30%.

Unless you can stack lots of HP on accessories HV will be redundant in module 6 , the new areas can be pretty challenging without decent HP , mainly WoD and IWD http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?866151-feedback-areas-after-70-sharandar-dread-ring-icewind-well-of-dragons-try-dailies&p=10342101&viewfull=1#post10342101 , if you mean in dungeons then unless they have reworked the damage mobs are dishing out then the second you draw any agro even off one mob you will just be 1 hitted in dungeons with HV on
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    wild medicine still broken
  • Options
    drtysnchzdrtysnchz Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    IWD continues to be impossible with the 60-70 boost. I get 2 shotted by mobs hitting for 25k.

Seconded, c'mon guys... tone this down a tad, cant even solo basic mobs here @ 70
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    still pvp rings + pve sets makes more sense

if you want to insist on that little tenacity you are better off to keep the pvp armor (662 tenacity) and use 3 pve pieces and use the personalized rings instead of the crappy pvp ring set.

-I had to edit this following section because i had wrong data for the base tenacity value-

honestly though the tenacity curve needs to be changed. you get 10% from tenacity at 650 vs 19% from tenacity at 1937 ( i have removed the base 20% value from this). Tenacity should also have a linear return on it's stats, 2k tenacity can return 20% which means each percent of tenacity needs 100 points. this would promote the use of pvp gear in pvp instead of letting people run around and be competitive in pvp while using mostly PVE gear(3/4 armor pieces arms/head/feet) the way the tenacity curve currently allows on preview. the way the stat curves work currently it is just wrong
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    when are you gong to put the greater stat belts (cha, int, str etc) in the collections please?
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    scathias wrote: »
    if you want to insist on that little tenacity you are better off to keep the pvp armor (662 tenacity) and use 3 pve pieces and use the personalized rings instead of the crappy pvp ring set.

honestly though the tenacity curve needs to be changed. you get 20% from tenacity at 650 vs 29% from tenacity at 1937 ( i have removed the base 10% value from this). Tenacity should also have a linear return on it's stats, 2k tenacity can return 30% which means each percent of tenacity needs 67 points. this would promote the use of pvp gear in pvp instead of letting people run around and be competitive in pvp while using mostly (3/4 armor pieces) of PVE gear. the way the stat curves work currently it is just wrong

yes please buff the pvp rings to be better than gemmed rings
  • Options
    nethreldrasnethreldras Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    @pandarus, please go to WoD or IWD with your toon. Try to clear the encounters you have to pass to finish your daily quests. Try to finish one of the WoD lairs. How did you fare? Eaten by two polar bears? Don't fret, happens to the best of us.

If the damage profiles remain as they currently are, the majority of the player base wont be able to complete their daily quests. Do you really think that will entice them to continue playing the game?
This discussion has been closed.