What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About TRs and being killed in one hit in pvp

Comments

• Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I never said they had "low dps" but they are much lower than the other paths. Also a setup video proves nothing, especially when the scoundrel is allowed to land his biggest attack from the best possible situation from stealth so that it will autocrit and bleed. I can show you a video of a scoundrel doing no damage at all but I would not be so simple as to try to claim they do zero damage.

Yep. Basically a set-up where the TR has full AP, SC ready to proc, has all three encounters ready to use, Deft, ITC, SS. A Deftstrike SC proc with stealthed DF, SS, and a stealthed-BB finisher which did took out the rest half of HP.

Pretty much meaningless as once easily come up with any set-up fight where the conditions start out simply reversed. Would the people like to be showed what happens when you get the jump from a CW when ITC is out, and the CW has full AP ready to drop an Ice Knife? How about if I show them my old video of me fighting Papa and basically get two-shot with a unlucky hit from Ferocious Reaction and Intimidation procs?

Besides, that setup is simply unuseable in higher levels since scoundrels aren't even all that common to see around in the first place, as well as being a MI it limits the encounter choices to Deft-ITC-SS. With better average grade of players people don't even stand around long enough at a single spot for Deftstrike to work. Given a 1vs1 situation with prior knowledge that the other guy uses Deft, and I can even dodge it by using audible queues alone, just as how higher level of players even dodge Gloaming Cut.

Good luck node contesting against multiple enemies with that setup.

I mean really. Anyone's so very welcome to make a TR, and then try going scoundrel. If you think its so easy mode, I'd even suggest to move away from MIs and give it a little challenge with WKs. "Go try it". I insist. I guarantee you'll understand in the first premade-grade match you play with your scoundrel why high-level PvP TRs don't use Scoundrels, and almost exclusively stick with Sabos.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I mean really. Anyone's so very welcome to make a TR, and then try going scoundrel. If you think its so easy mode, I'd even suggest to move away from MIs and give it a little challenge with WKs. "Go try it". I insist. I guarantee you'll understand in the first premade-grade match you play with your scoundrel why high-level PvP TRs don't use Scoundrels, and almost exclusively stick with Sabos.
    Lets see is it because sabos are more OP then scoundrels or because scoundrels are weak mmm lets test it on other classes OH it was because sabos are even more OP dumtidumtidum once a troll always a troll .......
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Lets see is it because sabos are more OP then scoundrels or because scoundrels are weak mmm lets test it on other classes OH it was because sabos are even more OP dumtidumtidum once a troll always a troll .......

You're probably the only HR with that GS and gets killed by a WK. trollololllolooooololol Yeah, I can see why you think every TR you meet is OP. ROOOOFL :rolleyes:

(ps) When was your last day again?
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    free2pay wrote: »
    I wouldn't call any armor value that can be one shotted enough...The fact is it will NEVER be enough and THAT is the real issue here. Because built into the core behind any defensive mechanism is a deadly fundamental : no matter how much defensive value you have, you can still be hit and take damage. No tank can simply turtle up and not die unless healing is available. There is this ever present "crack" which allow damage to always go through. In this case, the damage that go through this crack just happen to be as big as your HP.

"Enough" means that, past that point, you are beyond hard cap and your DR doesn't raise that much. There's a limit to the DR you can achieve reasonably (without wasting stats), and going by the same reasoning DPS should be balanced.
    A Tank is a tank not cause you can't take him down. But cause it goes down slowly compared to other classes or squishy builds.

In no game, no MMORPG except this one, tanks get one shotted.
    If the damage "going through" is enough to one shot players with over 40k or 50k HP, then it's broken. Not much else to say.

I don't think there's even need to discuss the matter. That TRs are OP right now and easy mode is a fact, with some builds.
    We can discuss about how to fix the problem.

I think one big, BIG problem is piercing damage. Getting rid of damage resistance through piercing damage was a terribad idea, expecially when you give to some classes (for example, GWFs) only DR as defense mechanism. And there you have 50k HP sentinels getting 2-shotted by 13k TRs.

It's quite obvious and self-explanatory that if you just need to press 1 button to kill me or take away 70% of my HP in one hit when my GWF sits at 46% DR+ 30% unstoppable or 30% sprint or both, with no need to aim or time your attack and no way for me to dodge it, something is quite broken.

At some point, every class got tools that, if timed correctly, can shield you from big hits. GWFs and SWs lack these tools and that's why they are so vulnerable.

You either get rid of piercing damage and see your DPS being mitigated by my DR, or you give us tools that, if timed and used correctly, shield us from your damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You're probably the only HR with that GS and gets killed by a WK. trollololllolooooololol Yeah, I can see why you think every TR you meet is OP. ROOOOFL

(ps) When was your last day again?

Another fantastic post from somebody that changed name 3-4 times due to being named utterly embarrassing and ridiculed(most probably banned also).

Only high gs Tr that been killed by a WK- daaaaaaaam we all wish that was true. You might be a terrible WK but that dont mean others are..
    And once again diden your answer to gwf sw and gf to l2p and dodge exe because only nabs fall for it mm oh yea it was you talk about knowing the game troll.......
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Another fantastic post from somebody that changed name 3-4 times due to being named utterly embarrassing and ridiculed(most probably banned also).

Only high gs Tr that been killed by a WK- daaaaaaaam we all wish that was true. You might be a terrible WK but that dont mean others are..
    And once again diden your answer to gwf sw and gf to l2p and dodge exe because only nabs fall for it mm oh yea it was you talk about knowing the game troll.......

Its impossible to die to a wk being trapper, lets be serious
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Its impossible to die to a wk being trapper, lets be serious
    So fighting in mid against multible oppoents a WK cant kill you mmm fantastic.
    So a Wk using bb +dott ench attacking from stealth cant kill you mmm fantastic.

Am amazed that its IMPOSSIBLE for a WK to kill a trapper can you plz send me the armor that makes you immune to WKs damage I want it....
  • Options
    ug2bkug2bk Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    free2pay, if the phrase "support class" means an insult, then i'm sorry, i didn't mean that.
    It's not only DPS matter. We certainly can mark classes as more or less tanky and dd. All of them has their own role to play. When a DC runs to node 3 all alone and pretending he is a greatest DD, when the whole party dies on mid, party has every right to cal him any word.
    It's a DC's fault that going DPS feat tree they forgot to heal/debuff party, when it's their role.

I meant only that some classes has more DD and less defence and others just opposite. when it's 2 DD 1*1 - the fight takes about 20-30-40 sec. When rivals are equal it's matter of just 1-2 mistakes.
    But when it comes to support (GF, DC) - DD, and support IS good - fight can lasts 1-2-... minutes. So, GF, for example, buys enough time for some allie to come, or some of mine, or DD just stop wasting time and run away. So, not in any way i've tried to insult other classes, only tried to say that imo, support-support/support-DD fights should not be as fast as of two DD. Am i get completely wrong idea?

Again, i'm sorry, cause i know how it sounds and feels like, esp heard from TR, but really - videos prove nothing. Any of you can spam one another thousands of them, but...
    If i'm shooting video to post, (and most probably i do so cause i want to look PRO) would i post domination where 3d/14-20+k and lose,would i post whole match? no.
    Would i post DOM there 3d/3k, score <1000 and win? Again, no.
    I'd post one with 14k/0d, especially not the whole match but only kills.
    Or if i get really sick of some.. CW, for example, i'd post some fight where i die without any opportunity to strike back. Does it proves that CW is OP and shall be nerved now? Not in any way. (actually, video - TR, 20+k/0d. what comments would be? "TR is OP, URAN00B". video TR 3d/15k, team wins. "u play OP and can't make proper kills? URAN00B")

What's the main problem with the TR, imo, it's that unlike any other classes they always counted devs not as PvE class, but PvP only. Not once or twice we've got powers and features without any - "damage reduced to 50% in pvp. daze/stun time halved on players" and so on. While all others has those notes. If from the very start of mod5
    1) scoundrel's daze were 1/2 in pvp
    2)SoD deals 50% of it's damage in pvp
    3)LB has it's normal crit severity, NO "first strike" at all, cause i really doubt that someone really need one in PvE
    4) exe's feat for 20/40/60/80/100% power (for first strike again in whole combat) change for +1/2/3/4/5% crit/deflect chance to allies in 30'
    5) return shocking execution to it's normal, not double-launch.
    +
    Tenacity reducing piercing damage+stun/daze time/incoming damage
    + sigil of devoted - ONLY PvE.
    Would TR be so imbalanced then?
    Would be TR left no choise but permastealth again?

//before talking about - remove piercing damage from game/nerf damage (again - in PvE+PvP) - are you completely sure that mod6 you want new, tough PvE without piercing and so on?
    let's not combine power/feat strength in PvP AND PvE.
  • Options
    ratattacksratattacks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! XXXXX deals 35839 (52371) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

vs a tank GWF 43% DR 18% Deflection on Pbis... seems legit.

The TR is wearing Cbis set.

21V5mnn.png
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So a cw that gets attacked from a scoundrel in hide does the worst possible shoise- thats rich because that will never happen in a pvp match where the cw is anawere of the Tr.

Yep foolish Cw for letting the TR attack him from hide clearly a l2p issue ...........

Sure thing I can show you 100 vidios for each you will show me..

How about this you bring a cw to iwd and i bring a scoundrel and lets see how badly the Tr will do mkay....

In the video example you gave, if the scoundrel with everything ready and at the perfect situation cannot win most every time then you would have imbalance. The scoundrel is a particularly effective CW buster and is handicapped heavily against a GWF.

Foolish CW for challenging a TR with every possible advantage in favor of the TR and against the CW. Back up em to range and see the huge difference such a simple thing would make.

And if I were bored enough I could show you 100 videos for each of the 100 you showed me and it would prove exactly nothing. If you are naive enough to think that it is impossible for every single one of us to show another exactly what we want the other to see then you really need to wake up.

That would greatly favor me on the CW as I know the TR and you do not. I know what the TR will likely do and I know what I need to do and most of all I am certainly not going to play right into the strengths of the TR.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well, a Sab WK TR hitting for 20k crit DoT is something.

Isn't there a bugged power that the HR can instantly remove the dot, though?
  • Options
    svekoljsvekolj Member Posts: 65
    edited March 2015
    In the video example you gave, if the scoundrel with everything ready and at the perfect situation cannot win most every time then you would have imbalance. The scoundrel is a particularly effective CW buster and is handicapped heavily against a GWF.

Foolish CW for challenging a TR with every possible advantage in favor of the TR and against the CW. Back up em to range and see the huge difference such a simple thing would make.

And if I were bored enough I could show you 100 videos for each of the 100 you showed me and it would prove exactly nothing. If you are naive enough to think that it is impossible for every single one of us to show another exactly what we want the other to see then you really need to wake up.

That would greatly favor me on the CW as I know the TR and you do not. I know what the TR will likely do and I know what I need to do and most of all I am certainly not going to play right into the strengths of the TR.

lol, play right into the streangth and since when not being able to permadaze your target a sever handicap, please if gwf kills you because you're foolish enough to mess with him while he's indomitable then your'e the one with l2p issues
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    svekolj wrote: »
    lol, play right into the streangth and since when not being able to permadaze your target a sever handicap, please if gwf kills you because you're foolish enough to mess with him while he's indomitable then your'e the one with l2p issues

What are you talking about and what is this l2p <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you are injecting? My post was absolutely accurate and I could just as easily say that if a scoundrel kills a gwf it is a l2p issue -- or I could go as far as to say if any class kills a gwf it is an l2p issue because the gwf stood there. Just because you have particular problems with some aspects of gameplay don't assume that everyone does.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Ok so in pvp its is rare for the Tr to strike against an supriced cw or an otherwise enganged cw DOH.
    Another lie from you have you lost what earlier credablity you had and gone haywire like mirrorballs/kweassa and morenthat?.
    Another lie as it 1000nds and 1000nds of vidios showing Trs molesting others and its an easy set up in iwd to prove what the Trs does to other classes, you know it I know it and all other know it just that you LIE about it refusing to admit how utterly rediclules the situation has become.

Lets see ...
    The CW isn't "Standing there" dumbass, he can't do anything, he's being permanently dazed, he's obviously trying to move away but there's nothing he can do since he's slowed by 80% AND dazed for the entire fight while receiving huge damage.

The mod6 nerf is well deserved, CW's deserve this kind of beat up since they've been the "Kings" for too long and cried to nerf every class, but stop being a dumbass and blindly trying to defend this broken thing.
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! XXXXX deals 35839 (52371) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.

vs a tank GWF 43% DR 18% Deflection on Pbis... seems legit.

The TR is wearing Cbis set.

There are 3 Trs atm that just plainly refuse to see the light you the clown mirror/kweassa and morenthar the blind against about every single other one posting on this forum including some other Trs.

Now refusing to admit something is one thing accusing everbody that puts out evidence to falsify or deny its existance or trying to explain away it just makes you trolls nothing else.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ok so in pvp its is rare for the Tr to strike against an supriced cw or an otherwise enganged cw DOH.
    Another lie from you have you lost what earlier credablity you had and gone haywire like mirrorballs/kweassa and morenthat?.

Another lie as it 1000nds and 1000nds of vidios showing Trs molesting others and its an easy set up in iwd to prove what the Trs does to other classes, you know it I know it and all other know it just that you LIE about it refusing to admit how utterly rediclules the situation has become.

Lets see ...

There are 3 Trs atm that just plainly refuse to see the light you the clown mirror/kweassa and morenthar the blind against about every single other one posting on this forum including some other Trs.

Now refusing to admit something is one thing accusing everbody that puts out evidence to falsify or deny its existance or trying to explain away it just makes you trolls nothing else.

First of all you need to have a bit of respect and cease with calling me a liar. Nothing I have said is a lie and all this does is reveal your petulant nature and that your argument is so weak that you have to become so base.

Of course in PvP virtually everything can happen, but taking an outlier and trying to apply it as the norm only reveals the desperation of your situaion.

I will no longer directly respond to you as it is apparent that you are becoming strangely hostile and entirely unreasonable and any such debate backed up by me with accurate and honest information only results in you casting insults and thus is an entire waste of my time as well as any others reading these forums.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Jeez,

I remember when HRs were gangraping everything in PvP. Not a lot of whining then.
    I remember when CWs were gangraping everything in PvP, still not a lot of whining.

TR gets over-tuned damage and DEAR GOD THIS IS RUINING PVP CRYPTIC PLS NERF INTO THE GROUND AND DELETE CLASS.

Feels good playing the class with infinite stealth, permanent invulnerability through 500 dodges, and 9001% Deflection.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It was a typical 1v1 setup, both CW and TR had no cd, full buffed and fully aware of each other. Furthermore, both are built for pvp, the CW has 36k hp (20.5k gs) and TR has 38k hp (18k gs).

TR opened by Deft Strike>Dazing strike with Skullcraker>DF for fully 6s daze>Shadow Strike>Bloodpath with Concussive>End. The CW made only one mistake that he did not teleport at the beginning. But I do not think that would change the result since the TR could simply go to stealth (which is he did not use at all) and do the same rotation on the CW.

While he at least gave a video to prove his point that is SCOUNDREL DOES NOT HAS LOW DPS, you just talked like 'I could show you 100 videos' without giving out a single video to prove otherwise, how is that make your argument any credible???
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    utuwer wrote: »
    It was a typical 1v1 setup, both CW and TR had no cd, full buffed and fully aware of each other. Furthermore, both are built for pvp, the CW has 36k hp (20.5k gs) and TR has 38k hp (18k gs).

TR opened by Deft Strike>Dazing strike with Skullcraker>DF for fully 6s daze>Shadow Strike>Bloodpath with Concussive>End. The CW made only one mistake that he did not teleport at the beginning. But I do not think that would change the result since the TR could simply go to stealth (which is he did not use at all) and do the same rotation on the CW.

While he at least gave a video to prove his point that is SCOUNDREL DOES NOT HAS LOW DPS, you just talked like 'I could show you 100 videos' without giving out a single video to prove otherwise, how is that make your argument any credible???

Because the video simply displays a situation which doesn't easily happen in any real PvP match, and warps the image of what the scoundrel can do or cannot do based on this 'controlled experiment' which has meaning only under that exact premise which is a 1vs1 against a bad CW, not to mention the actual "finishing move" being an obviously premeditated BB. Even your assessment of the video is completely wrong, which goes insofar as to show how little you know about scoundrels operate and fight.

suddenlyslow already mentioned how scoundrels are particularly well equipped to fight against CWs (remember lucan and his endless raging against dazes that frequented the forums a few months ago?), and moreover, this particular setup as visually confirmed in the vid uses DF, SS, Deft, in which case most likely the 3rd encounter being ITC, the 2nd at-will being CoS, in which case if his first Deftstrike missed then he's in for a royally screwed situation where he's in stealth, and the only way to proc SC being the use of SS -- although I doubt a CW using stormpillar is going to be able to beat any TR in the first place. Not to mention what kind of a screwed up 1v1 allows a match start with a full AP. The CW in the vid was simply trolled.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You should try, then, to use your brain, because you are totally wrong.

Most hated class from Mod4 was CW class due the ABBUSSIVE damage they dealt AND perma freeze any target... and, to be honest, was really funny to see Syndrid on epic ToS not able to transform into "Spider/Drider" state due that.

Second most hated class on mod 4 were HR due the fact that Melee tree had the best survivality of the whole game's story (far better than the survivality of High Regen GF on mod1) AND be able to kill PvP TANKs with more than 40k HP over 40% DR and so on in less than 3 seconds... BUT, if you want to fool yourself, be my guest.

Lovely to see how you simply leave out the fact that GWFs were still as much hated as any other all through mod2, mod3, AND mod4. Who's telling who to 'use brains' here?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    First of all you need to have a bit of respect and cease with calling me a liar.
    You are twisting things so hard it after enough twisting becomes contratry to the reality and therefore a lie.
    Nothing I have said is a lie and all this does is reveal your petulant nature and that your argument is so weak that you have to become so base.

Your argument lest see -its a perfect and a natural set up for a Tr to attack a cw from stealth mmm strong or weak...
    WK has low damage - strong or weak argument mmmm
    Of course in PvP virtually everything can happen, but taking an outlier and trying to apply it as the norm only reveals the desperation of your situaion.
    So the norm isent a Tr attacking from stealth mmmm very strong argument...
    I will no longer directly respond to you as it is apparent that you are becoming strangely hostile and entirely unreasonable and any such debate backed up by me with accurate and honest information only results in you casting insults and thus is an entire waste of my time as well as any others reading these forums.

I see presenting vidios and accurate information that you refuse to accept makes us unreasonable ... you joined the troll department in the aspect of advocating for Trs that for sure....

You must have a very good *ignore skill as you clearly refuse any evidence what so ever that are against your argumentation how convenient..

The problem is that its about every single post but 4 that says the same thing and maby its so that the 4 that speakes against the evidence happens all to play yep Trs.....
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You should try, then, to use your brain, because you are totally wrong.

Most hated class from Mod4 was CW class due the ABBUSSIVE damage they dealt AND perma freeze any target... and, to be honest, was really funny to see Syndrid on epic ToS not able to transform into "Spider/Drider" state due that.

Second most hated class on mod 4 were HR due the fact that Melee tree had the best survivality of the whole game's story (far better than the survivality of High Regen GF on mod1) AND be able to kill PvP TANKs with more than 40k HP over 40% DR and so on in less than 3 seconds... BUT, if you want to fool yourself, be my guest.

****, didn't think I needed a Master's degree to recount first-hand experiences.
    I was here when GWFs were OP as hell. And CWs. And HRs. And TRs.

There was whining, but not on this caliber.
    Every time TR got any kind of buff or fix, it was another 22 months of the forums being flooded with OMG TR SO OP.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...on a lighter note: It's _really_ funny to read a discussion on "Which FotM OP class has the most justification to feel wronged by the grief they got in this game"
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think the key of problems are that CC effect last to long.
    Rogues smoke bomb area effect for pvp should be smaller, and effect shorter like 1 second.. (trust me even 1 second is big thing)
    Actually i wonder what if we simply decrease all CC effect time by second or two. And area effect also slightly decrease.. Probably after such changes, players will need to learn how really pvp. Not just getting easy points without even looking to pc/laptops screen.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ...on a lighter note: It's _really_ funny to read a discussion on "Which FotM OP class has the most justification to feel wronged by the grief they got in this game"

That is pretty funny :)
  • Options
    charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    ****, didn't think I needed a Master's degree to recount first-hand experiences.
    I was here when GWFs were OP as hell. And CWs. And HRs. And TRs.

There was whining, but not on this caliber.
    Every time TR got any kind of buff or fix, it was another 22 months of the forums being flooded with OMG TR SO OP.
    At their most OP, CW, GWFs, and HRs never one-shotted anything from stealth. GWF had determination but CW and HR never had impossible to kill. HR was OP due to survival (due to bad healing armor set design), same with GWF. CW was CC. None of them had all three factors being OP at the same time as TR now does. Seems pretty obvious.