What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About TRs and being killed in one hit in pvp

Comments

• Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is something definitely wrong with TRs. The other day my DC and my buddy's CW with 38k and perfect barkshield were both one-shotted by a single rogue at the same time! What skill is supposed to be able to do this? The log merely recorded "x gave you 0 hitpoints with kill".
    Is what we are actually seeing an exploit?
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I can't speak for the rest of the playerbase, but i'm really sick of dying from one hit in pvp because of TRs. I don't even have one of these glass cannon characters, but rather a 32k HPs (more with buffs) / 40% DR / Greater barkshield / over 700 tenacity cleric. That's boring. Everyone warned the devs about TRs and pvp before module 5, but the devs proceeded anyway as if the players didn't know anything about the game, as usual.

How's that supposed to be fun when someone can sneak to you and kills your character in one hit? Sometimes two if the hit is deflected?

32k HP is glass. I surpass that amount of HP when I'm like lv50.
  • Options
    jenacydejenacyde Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2015
    There is a problem with rogues. Yes I can kill a decent amount of them usually, the ones not so skilled (nothing to do with GS). If they have any skill whatsoever though they can kill me in one or two shots. Or it takes me forever to take them out of hiding that the chip away at my health enough that I die. I am only sitting at 17k GS and a cloth wearer, but it is stupid for a 9 or 10k GS rogue to be able to one shot anyone with 30k plus health. I know that isn't a lot, but it should be safe from that. Yes the leadership board is off a bit, but when rogues are 15 of the top 20, that definitely tells you something. Not one CW in the top 20. Also when you go into a domination round there is two or three rouges on both teams. This is why so many have either stopped pvp-ing all together or just made their own rogue. If something isn't fixed either their perma stealth, their ignore all defenses or their insane cc abilities we will end up with all rogues fighting one another in pvp, except for highly geared and skilled players. I don't mind occasionally getting one shotted by extremely well geared players vs my 17k but I can't accept a 9k one shotting me for any reason whats so ever. I have seen one rogue keeping 10 players occupied for a very long time in GG at one node. And I have also seen one rouge kill three players at once with one attack.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I can't speak for the rest of the playerbase, but i'm really sick of dying from one hit in pvp because of TRs. I don't even have one of these glass cannon characters, but rather a 32k HPs (more with buffs) / 40% DR / Greater barkshield / over 700 tenacity cleric. That's boring. Everyone warned the devs about TRs and pvp before module 5, but the devs proceeded anyway as if the players didn't know anything about the game, as usual.

How's that supposed to be fun when someone can sneak to you and kills your character in one hit? Sometimes two if the hit is deflected?

My TR probably has less than 25k HP and I've never been one-shotted.
    What in the hell are you people doing wrong?
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    dearhklaat666dearhklaat666 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Interupt the DC's casting cycle with some control and they will fall( I die plenty to players who know what they are doing,and im a DC with 56k hps) and i still get one shot by TRS often by much less GS then me! WHINE!!!
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »

i know the reason- you are newbie

look here :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVbERcqsC5w
    or here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu8X-bll7aQ&spfreload=10

you can find it much, much more. Search yutube, watch twitch and you will find TRs just hitting from every SE 40k+ or even dealing 50/60k from lashing + DoTs. This is normal for them.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yes hes a nuub for sure, talking BS...
    wait for mod 6, since they nerved scoundrel all TR´s will be "forced" to play exe and sab, so its gonna kill the rest of PVP for sure palying against >50% permastealth onhitting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-player
    devs go on sleeping having sweet dreams and are selfdestructivley deaf, never saw such an imbalanced <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and never could imagine that a company were that slow in reaction and inable to fix things , not even in 6 month
    player can´t do nothing about it but watch an wait and head-shaking
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    yes hes a nuub for sure, talking BS...
    wait for mod 6, since they nerved scoundrel all TR´s will be "forced" to play exe and sab, so its gonna kill the rest of PVP for sure palying against >50% permastealth onhitting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-player
    devs go on sleeping having sweet dreams and are selfdestructivley deaf, never saw such an imbalanced <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and never could imagine that a company were that slow in reaction and inable to fix things , not even in 6 month
    player can´t do nothing about it but watch an wait and head-shaking

The executioner path is also nerfed on PTS, making it basically only perma stealth saboteur for the next mod. This is subject to change but going by what we have now it will be the return of the perma.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The executioner path is also nerfed on PTS, making it basically only perma stealth saboteur for the next mod. This is subject to change but going by what we have now it will be the return of the perma.

Then lest hope the kill the perma build also.
    They need to fix stuff with the Tr class just because you have differnt OP builds doesent mean they shouldent nerf one of them because the other is even worse.

Doing it in right order is ofc better but lets just hope they try to balance the other paths later.

Talk about putting fuel on the fire lol.
    Your run around in hide while others get one shotted for a hole module. I been hit with over 60k hits with my Gwf and I get one shotted every day with my 44k hr not to mention all sw gf gwf without a dodge.
    Cant you open a thread about how cluless all that are 1 shotted are because you with your 25 k hp never has,,,,,
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »

Oh ur only 25k HP TR WOW and u never been 1-SHOT by UR OWN CLASS Gz, LOL XDD haha
    too funny TRs here.. the second TR trying to say its our fault LOL xD
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Then lest hope the kill the perma build also.
    They need to fix stuff with the Tr class just because you have differnt OP builds doesent mean they shouldent nerf one of them because the other is even worse.

Doing it in right order is ofc better but lets just hope they try to balance the other paths later.

So you actually hope they kill all TR paths?

The scoundrel was never OP, it could daze but was visible 95% of the time and had far lower damage than the others.

The executioner was stealthier than the scoundrel and could deliver much more damage but was about as vulnerable too and was more of a trade kills for deaths class. The executioner was also not OP, it was the combination of the executioner with Master Infiltrator that was causing most of the crying and that fact that all of its damage is front loaded into a first big hit and after that it is quite reduced.

The saboteur is easily the most OP of the three for PvP and with the nerf of the other two it will be the only choice and now you say you want to kill it also?
  • Options
    boardnut696boardnut696 Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2015
    Getting one shot just sounds like gearscore imbalance issues to me honestly and when/if it happens, I say meh whatevs. How an untargettable enemy can kill you without coming out of stealth however is absolutely the stupidest thing I have seen in ANY pvp game out there. I dont understand how the Devs can explain that as unbroken in any sense of the word...seriously, in fact how that was even released after testing just baffles me beyond belief let alone left in play as long as it has been
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The saboteur is easily the most OP of the three for PvP and with the nerf of the other two it will be the only choice and now you say you want to kill it also?

OK Lets get down to reality a bit here mkay.

Key word balance there.
    Now about killing the other paths in pvp they might not longer be extremely OP but killed them because there still is other OP paths COMPARED is a silly statement.

Tr been so redicules OP that every thing that actually balance anything is considered KILLING the path should be put in context to what other classes has in option of using differnt pathts.

Take hr one path and one path only is valid gwf has the same problem.

I have no wish for Tr to become less valid in pve but the way they rule in pvp has to be adressed.
  • Options
    free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Getting one shot just sounds like gearscore imbalance issues to me honestly and when/if it happens, I say meh whatevs. How an untargettable enemy can kill you without coming out of stealth however is absolutely the stupidest thing I have seen in ANY pvp game out there. I dont understand how the Devs can explain that as unbroken in any sense of the word...seriously, in fact how that was even released after testing just baffles me beyond belief let alone left in play as long as it has been

I'm totally with you on this one. For me this one shot thingie (either from mobs or players) has inevidently reveals what stat we should all be stacking : HP/Power/ArP/Crit. Because defensive stats simply melt (due to harsh diminishing returns or piercing damage) in the face of such raw power. Comparing one who stacks defensively versus another another who stack offensively and both reaches the same gearscore/item levels do not mean they stand EQUAL chance against each other. The dps build is more than likely to win. And the root cause of such can only be explained by the curve rather than the class. Which in this light would justify the use of "broken" mechanic such Stealth/Gift of Faith etc for self defense for some people. Because normal defensive stats simply don't cut it.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gwf already stack hp/arp / crit. No fighter stacks defense in pvp, we get enough from armors.
    SE oneshots gwfs through sprint and unstoppable cause as you said'normal defensive stats don't cut it'.

It means it's broken, stop defending it.

Even if t's not one-shot but 70% hp taken away in a single blow then finished one second earlier, it's still broken.

To the 25k guy: in module 2 and 3 i almost never lost to another gwf. So must've been you guys doing it wrong right?

Get real please, TR is currently blatantly OP in PvP. Time to fix the sources of this opness.
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    One-shotting should not happen. If you are killed instantly with full life without even seeing your opponent first that is hardly a fair fight.

Developers please listen to this.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    Oh ur only 25k HP TR WOW and u never been 1-SHOT by UR OWN CLASS Gz, LOL XDD haha
    too funny TRs here.. the second TR trying to say its our fault LOL xD

Yea! I know, right?
    It's so easy to avoid being one-shotted with my 700% deflection, 238479287 dodge rolls, and permanent invisibility.

Thank God my class has been this ridiculous since Mod 3 when I picked it up!
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    obsydian666obsydian666 Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So you actually hope they kill all TR paths?

The scoundrel was never OP, it could daze but was visible 95% of the time and had far lower damage than the others.

The executioner was stealthier than the scoundrel and could deliver much more damage but was about as vulnerable too and was more of a trade kills for deaths class. The executioner was also not OP, it was the combination of the executioner with Master Infiltrator that was causing most of the crying and that fact that all of its damage is front loaded into a first big hit and after that it is quite reduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLV8L6FwMm8&spfreload=10

Tell me again that the scroundel has got low dps after watching this.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    there are some scoundrels that melt my Warlock in seconds, can´t say how but they do, other one just fail in doing that, its a DOT and ? (broken mech, glyph, lots of arp?)
    btw i hate Sab-TR, really, its such an anoying build, that will be will be the exodus to PVP

yes a big mystirium to me as well
    Comparing one who stacks defensively versus another another who stack offensively and both reaches the same gearscore/item levels do not mean they stand EQUAL chance against each other. The dps build is more than likely to win

not allways in case of my class, as warlock I can´t stand long enough to deal damage if i only take offensive boons
    all i slot is HP, Arp, Power and 2 tenes, but in boons i do take defensive boons HP, deflect, DR (ok that might be wasted), but i case of facing a CW who normally loads one hole rotation on my char before i even can cast HS, i would get 2 shottet very quick, so i survive with some HP and can strike back
    but tbh CW´s with >8k power kill me 100% if i am once controlled
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLV8L6FwMm8&spfreload=10

Tell me again that the scroundel has got low dps after watching this.

I never said they had "low dps" but they are much lower than the other paths. Also a setup video proves nothing, especially when the scoundrel is allowed to land his biggest attack from the best possible situation from stealth so that it will autocrit and bleed. I can show you a video of a scoundrel doing no damage at all but I would not be so simple as to try to claim they do zero damage.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    Fully agree with obsydian666, Scoundrel has been OP equally to the other 2 paths. Only requirement is some better equipment in comparison to Executioner/Sabo's, but still OP as hell.

Thanks for the video proof, really the only one who provides it and the only one I believe when it comes to TR complaints.

Confirmation bias is a hell of a thing isn't it?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ug2bk wrote: »
    after all - what is TR? single-target damage dealer.
    what is DC? support class, if someone still remember.
    now don't tell me you want balance where support kills DD.

If your idea of balance is such that "support" class can't kill TR or any other class in PvP, then it's simply wrong. Because you can then turn around and claim this or that class that you don't like as a "support" class and hence shouldn't kill whatever class. And what exactly is your definition of "support" class? Any class that don't do enough dps is a "support" class? So now that GWF has been weakened should I take this rare opportunity to mark them as "support" class? I can find plenty of ways to claim TR should be a "support" class and hence has no place fighting out in the open with the rest of the guy. I'll definitely make a mental note to declare TR as a support class when such opportunity next present itself. See how rubbish such argument sounds? It's because the logic itself is rubbish. DC has been reduced to its present state due to such nonsense. Had DC been as strong as CW which is also a "support" class all along, you wouldn't have the impression that DC is a "support" class. Clerics in DnD has NEVER been weaksauce.

In PvP, all classes should be treated equal and stand a fair chance against each other. No class should be accorded a higher status simply because someone thinks so.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    Gwf already stack hp/arp / crit. No fighter stacks defense in pvp, we get enough from armors.
    SE oneshots gwfs through sprint and unstoppable.

I wouldn't call any armor value that can be one shotted enough...The fact is it will NEVER be enough and THAT is the real issue here. Because built into the core behind any defensive mechanism is a deadly fundamental : no matter how much defensive value you have, you can still be hit and take damage. No tank can simply turtle up and not die unless healing is available. There is this ever present "crack" which allow damage to always go through. In this case, the damage that go through this crack just happen to be as big as your HP.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I never said they had "low dps"
    Yes you did at several occations.
    . Also a setup video proves nothing, especially when the scoundrel is allowed to land his biggest attack from the best possible situation from stealth so that it will autocrit and bleed.
    Mkay so it doesent prove that when the Tr attacks from stealth he has the best possible situation with autocrit and bleed or ? because that never happens in pvp doh.....
    I can show you a video of a scoundrel doing no damage at all but I would not be so simple as to try to claim they do zero damage.
    So your saying that if you put up a vidio when the Tr misses this vidio dident happend or ?

Suddenlyslow enough is enough now you starting to sound like some other will knowed Trs (*hint kweassa with mirrorballs and all his other alias).

Saying that scoundrel only does OP damage when he attacks from stealth and that he can do no damage is not a very good argument no matter how your turn and twist it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    marnival wrote: »
    Yes you did at several occations.

Mkay so it doesent prove that when the Tr attacks from stealth he has the best possible situation with autocrit and bleed or ? because that never happens in pvp doh.....

So your saying that if you put up a vidio when the Tr misses this vidio dident happend or ?

Suddenlyslow enough is enough now you starting to sound like some other will knowed Trs (*hint kweassa with mirrorballs and all his other alias).

Saying that scoundrel only does OP damage when he attacks from stealth and that he can do no damage is not a very good argument no matter how your turn and twist it.

Nowhere will you find me saying that scoundrel do "low dps". You will find me truthfully stating that on bosses and control immune targets that the scoundrel does less dps than SW/CW/HR/GWF/DC. You will find me saying truthfully that the scoundrel does less damage than the other TR paths.

I don't see anything OP about what that scoundrel did in that video. He attacked and killed a target with the best possible situations present on a target that seemed to make the worst choices possible and also started a range that took away from one natural advantage of a CW. A CW and about any other class could have killed the CW just as fast or faster. The CW in that video did just about everything possible to guarantee the TR would be able to do what he did and I have fought some foolish players, but I don't find that many in game that deliberately try to die. Basically you invented a task to prove some imagined point and then used an outlier that was set it up exactly in a way to guarantee the best possible evidence to prove that point but you seemed to fail to realize that others of us also play this game. I am not saying you deliberately threw the fight but I am saying that the results you show are exactly what most of us think should happen in the exact situation presented.

I can show you a video of my TR getting killed from range by a CW without ever even being able to approach the CW, but that is about what I expect to happen if that CW targets me at range and my stealth is down. Does that prove anything? Nope, nothing at all.
  • Options
    fomanat55fomanat55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yea scoundrels are a problem but we have another problem which one is bigger problem than scoundrels. "Saboteurs" they can do 5v1 and kill em all. saboteurs playing like god mode. they are always invisible. and they hits with piercing damage. Saboteurs can kill someone in 5 seconds with his at-wills. They using steal of cloud. there is no cd time and its ranged skill. Piercing damage is not fair. A GF have 4-5k def but its mean nothing against piercing damage. Even impossible to catch or unstopable not working against piercing damage...
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    fomanat55 wrote: »
    Yea scoundrels are a problem but we have another problem which one is bigger problem than scoundrels. "Saboteurs" they can do 5v1 and kill em all. saboteurs playing like god mode. they are always invisible. and they hits with piercing damage. Saboteurs can kill someone in 5 seconds with his at-wills. They using steal of cloud. there is no cd time and its ranged skill. Piercing damage is not fair. A GF have 4-5k def but its mean nothing against piercing damage. Even impossible to catch or unstopable not working against piercing damage...

Well piercing damage comes pre mitigated, so everything is already factored and to mitigate it again would be a double penalty, whether it is too strong on a saboteur or not is the real question considering the capabilities they have to deliver attacks consistently from stealth.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I don't see anything OP about what that scoundrel did in that video. He attacked and killed a target with the best possible situations present on a target that seemed to make the worst choices possible and also started a range that took away from one natural advantage of a CW
    So a cw that gets attacked from a scoundrel in hide does the worst possible shoise- thats rich because that will never happen in a pvp match where the cw is anawere of the Tr.
    The CW in that video did just about everything possible to guarantee the TR would be able to do what he did and I have fought some foolish players, but I don't find that many in game that deliberately try to die
    Yep foolish Cw for letting the TR attack him from hide clearly a l2p issue ...........
    I can show you a video of my TR getting killed from range by a CW without ever even being able to approach the CW, but that is about what I expect to happen if that CW targets me at range and my stealth is down. Does that prove anything? Nope, nothing at all.
    Sure thing I can show you 100 vidios for each you will show me..

How about this you bring a cw to iwd and i bring a scoundrel and lets see how badly the Tr will do mkay....