Options

Dominion monkeyjumping

124»

Comments

• Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    But why would you be constantly out of stamina so that you'd have to wait for your stamina bar to refill in order to jump over a 6 inch wall? I typically don't have to jump over walls in the middle of a fight, which is the only time when stamina consumption is a concern.

And even if you were out of stamina such that you couldn't jump over a 6-inch wall - wouldn't that be more realistic though? Out of stamina means that, basically, you are just physically drained.

It sounds like you want jumping to not consume stamina just because it would be inconvenient if it did so. But if that is the case, why not just get rid of the stamina bar in the first place? Wouldn't it be more convenient if everyone had infinite dodges and could engage in any physical activity at all without loss of stamina?

I play a warlock in PVP frequently, and yes I am constantly out of stamina because without a dodge my only way to avoid getting killed by TRs is to get out of their range.

If you can walk you can step up a 6 inch curb, it doesn't not require a great deal of energy.

I'm not the one here proposing a major change to a basic game mechanic without any real justification, if you can think of a good reason why we shouldn't have a stamina bar then lets hear it, otherwise leave the straw men out of this and provide some justification for your proposed game change other than ignorance and paranoia.
  • Options
    crewshlutcrewshlut Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I do not find jumping to be common or effective in this game. If it was I wouldn't be playing. I have no problem with using game mechanics that are available. If it is there use it. Including jumping. The problem I have with it is simple. Jumping around like a ****** shouldn't be an effective strategy in a game like this or most FPS' in my opinion. If it is effective, the game is poorly designed and not worth playing.
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    crewshlut wrote: »
    I do not find jumping to be common or effective in this game. If it was I wouldn't be playing. I have no problem with using game mechanics that are available. If it is there use it. Including jumping. The problem I have with it is simple. Jumping around like a ****** shouldn't be an effective strategy in a game like this or most FPS' in my opinion. If it is effective, the game is poorly designed and not worth playing.

Aside from a very few isolated cases (which doesn't abuse any 'hidden mechanic' at all, and is simply a result of smart maneuvering), any 'effect' that jumping gives out is purely psychological at best.

It's 10 pages of this discussion, and still nobody has even come close to offering any objective proof/evidence to be reviewed. Past discussions were basically the same. A whole lot of anecdotal mumbo-jumbo without any proof at all. It's not surprising really -- you can't prove anything when there's nothing in existence to be proven.