test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

module 6 refining changes?

drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I've searched but I can't find anything on this. Someone said in a post that refining armor and weapons was gonna go away so only refine artys and enchants. Does anyone know what they are talking about? Are they saying that all the effort and time I went thru leveling my artifact gear was a complete waste of time? If that's true someone please tell me so I don't waste any more ADs or time leveling them, thx in advance for the info
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Artifact gear isn't going to go away (but there's speculation that there is better arti gear coming in mod6).
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...I read there'll be Professions tasks to craft Refining stones, so I suppose it'll all change quite a bit.

And re. new weapon & offhand: That's the basic principle in this kind of games - always put a new layer on top of the existing ones, so players can struggle to achieve that, too. So what this x2 RP weekend does and shall do, IMHO, is to give those players who want to get their whatnot up to orange a chance to do this at a discount rate...
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So far, the incoming refinement changes in Module 6 as confirmed by developer's patch notes or what we see in the Preview Shard:

- New level 70 artifact off hand sold for 15 Linu's Favors. The current level 60 artifact off hand remains the same but got its price reduced to 10 Linu's Favors. There is no way to bump a level 60 artifact off hand to level 70 even when it is maxed to Legendary rank.

- New level 70 artifact main hand will likely be there, as indicated by the set description on the level 70 artifact off hand. Nothing on how to get the it though.

- Level 70 artifact belts and cloaks are not out on Preview yet, but one can only imagine they will find their way in the game some time.

- Artifacts can be refined to Mystic rank at level 140 and a 4th artifact slot will be unlocked at character level 70. You need to have over 10 million RP for each of them.

@suicidalogodot, you don't get a discount refining your artifact gear over the 2x RP weekend since even if you feed your current gear to the soon to come level 70 artifact gear, the most you can get is 80% of the bang of the RP you put into your old one.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    healary wrote: »
    [...]
    @suicidalogodot, you don't get a discount refining your artifact gear over the 2x RP weekend since even if you feed your current gear to the soon to come level 70 artifact gear, the most you can get is 80% of the bang of the RP you put into your old one.

No argument there, the math is clear, sorry that what I wrote is less so. What I meant to express was: If you want to get some item to Orange level for collections, or being well geared for the grind to Lvl 70 and the accompanying gear, then you can do that now for half the RP price you'd normally pay...
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm sorry, but this game is turning more and more into Refinewinter, and I start to care less and lest about artifacts. Just saying, most of us never finished refining our current artifacts, and we're getting new ones. No thanks.
    I hope they add some actual content with M6, not just a new bunch of daily/hourly quests and more artifacts to refine.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • cairnthul13cairnthul13 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Refining is ok, the ways to get RP are bad. There are only two ways to get RP: Farming (which takes really really much time) or buying them from AH (which is pointless if you look at the prices). With M6 we need a third way to save the game. But I guess they won't introduce any new ways to get RP. If the devs let things remain as they are now I see a BIG problem..:(
    still no statement from the devs, but the time is running, M6 is coming soon.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I heard enchants and runestones will be useable to refine artifact gear, any truth to that?
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    None of the changes on test are final. The off-hand thing is speculation.

We've seen nothing about any specific changes to Artifact gear, only that the Mainhand weapons had their stats bumped up significantly, so they're still BiS at level 70, with word from the developers that they might increase refinable ranks up to 80 on Artifact gear. But that isn't on preview yet.

Secondly, NONE of the other artifact gear has had any stat bumps. But what I'm guessing we're seeing is a new Level 70 Artifact Off-hand available, with the correct stats, and that we'll see the current off-hands (which have not undergone the same stat adjustments) be bumped up to an equivalent level.

But what you're seeing right now is a small group of naysayers intentionally spreading misinformation to cause confusion and panic amongst other players, and I really, really wish it would stop. If you want to discuss POSSIBLE changes that are on the Preview server, please discuss them in the appropriate forums.

Otherwise, wait for more concrete information from the Developers. If a change hasn't been officially posted by a Developer, it's only speculation by players, who have very incomplete information, and I wouldn't trust it. Everything on the Preview server should otherwise be considered a "work in progress".
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • alex1essalex1ess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    people seem to be under the false impression that you NEED to have artifacts a orange level... Refining at that level is a end-game in it´s own right just like everything else.

Are max level artifacts nice.. yes.. but they are the cherry topping your gear cake. Nice but in the end vastly superfluous.

By that token... They are supposed to be hard as *bleeeep* nails to get... Because only a small % will ever reach it. Most will be happy with their purple gear and a good chunk of people will never get that either.
    Want to peek inside my mind The Soapbox
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    None of the changes on test are final. The off-hand thing is speculation.

We've seen nothing about any specific changes to Artifact gear, only that the Mainhand weapons had their stats bumped up significantly, so they're still BiS at level 70, with word from the developers that they might increase refinable ranks up to 80 on Artifact gear. But that isn't on preview yet.

Secondly, NONE of the other artifact gear has had any stat bumps. But what I'm guessing we're seeing is a new Level 70 Artifact Off-hand available, with the correct stats, and that we'll see the current off-hands (which have not undergone the same stat adjustments) be bumped up to an equivalent level.

But what you're seeing right now is a small group of naysayers intentionally spreading misinformation to cause confusion and panic amongst other players, and I really, really wish it would stop. If you want to discuss POSSIBLE changes that are on the Preview server, please discuss them in the appropriate forums.

Otherwise, wait for more concrete information from the Developers. If a change hasn't been officially posted by a Developer, it's only speculation by players, who have very incomplete information, and I wouldn't trust it. Everything on the Preview server should otherwise be considered a "work in progress".

no what you are seeing is people voicing there disapontimet with the idea of refining another set of artifacts
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    no what you are seeing is people voicing there disapontimet with the idea of refining another set of artifacts

Incorrect. People are stating this as if it's a fact, not an idea. It's not.

If people want to talk about being upset with the idea of more new Artifact Equipment, and other Equipment becoming obsolete, then that's fine.

But people are talking about it like it's a fact that we're seeing new Artifact Equipment in Module 6 AND that it's going to make everything else obsolete, which is false. Everything on the test server is speculative until changes are formally introduced by the Developers.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    alex1ess wrote: »
    people seem to be under the false impression that you NEED to have artifacts a orange level... Refining at that level is a end-game in it´s own right just like everything else.

Are max level artifacts nice.. yes.. but they are the cherry topping your gear cake. Nice but in the end vastly superfluous.

By that token... They are supposed to be hard as *bleeeep* nails to get... Because only a small % will ever reach it. Most will be happy with their purple gear and a good chunk of people will never get that either.

relatively talking you can see the thing like half glass full or empty.
    you stay at your level, enchantments levels rise---> you virtually went down.
    for one like me who does not enjoy anything related to pve, not being able to reach bis levels by playing and throwing 50 bucks everynow and then at the screen it's a big problem.
    i would not complain if 15 euros at month where enough to stay where i should stay or if there were legit in game ways to earn my stuffs by doing what i like.
    edited February 2015
    we do see new artifact off hands all ready and im sure there are more to come and even you must see it coming
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ironzerg, thank you for your clarification on this.

There are alot of people who hate Artifacts in general because what it does is put stat increases into OUR hands instead of us being at the mercy of the Auction House gear.

Some people want us to go back to a time when they could exploit...umm, I mean, farm a dungeon and then sell the gear to us for obscene prices.

i LOVE, let me repeat, I LOVE the whole Artifact concept. It lets me do all content and use all that stuff and refining stones that I pick up to increase my stats on my own terms.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015

There are alot of people who hate Artifacts in general because what it does is put stat increases into OUR hands instead of us being at the mercy of the Auction House gear.

Some people want us to go back to a time when they could exploit...umm, I mean, farm a dungeon and then sell the gear to us for obscene prices.

i LOVE, let me repeat, I LOVE the whole Artifact concept. It lets me do all content and use all that stuff and refining stones that I pick up to increase my stats on my own terms.

.....this killed me a bit inside
    edited February 2015
    personaly i love artifact gear thats why i spent so much time and rp upgrading it to legendary and now we have to do it all over again to be competitve if cryptic wants to do this then please alow artifact gear to refine 1 to 1 ie put a legendary in get a legendary out at least this would make us feel better about all the time and rp we put into the gear
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited February 2015

I completely agree...
    Having the gear already or obtaining it via in game mechanics wherein now its up to you to empower by regular drops in game, enhances ones focus on the process of the game itself.
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Mercy of the auction house? Last time I checked, I was able to do fun stuff like run dungeons and get sweet armor and weapons that were ready to use and great as soon as I got them. Then, I was able to help other people run dungeons and do fun stuff to get theirs.

Now? No one wants to do any dungeons EXCEPT to speed through them for a chance at ridiculously low priced previously great items. And that's usually not even the case. Most people in my guild are sitting in a foundry or doing endless tiamat runs that we can't do together unless we get really lucky with a timer. Or they're doing dailies or shores for the millionth time, hoping for that book.

So, artifact equipment and new content with poor design has killed a sense of community in this game. The situation described where people run dungeons and then 'exploit' the ah at least was only exploiting someone clueless enough or seriously impatient enough to actually buy a piece of gear you could get for free by having fun with others.

Let's be real, people. Fingers crossed for the day that a thread about refining comes out that no one defends it as a good idea. Then maybe we will get something that more resembles the game I used to love.
    edited February 2015
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    Mercy of the auction house? Last time I checked, I was able to do fun stuff like run dungeons and get sweet armor and weapons that were ready to use and great as soon as I got them. Then, I was able to help other people run dungeons and do fun stuff to get theirs.

Now? No one wants to do any dungeons EXCEPT to speed through them for a chance at ridiculously low priced previously great items. And that's usually not even the case. Most people in my guild are sitting in a foundry or doing endless tiamat runs that we can't do together unless we get really lucky with a timer. Or they're doing dailies or shores for the millionth time, hoping for that book.

So, artifact equipment and new content with poor design has killed a sense of community in this game. The situation described where people run dungeons and then 'exploit' the ah at least was only exploiting someone clueless enough or seriously impatient enough to actually buy a piece of gear you could get for free by having fun with others.

Let's be real, people. Fingers crossed for the day that a thread about refining comes out that no one defends it as a good idea. Then maybe we will get something that more resembles the game I used to love.

totaly agree with you the whole wod drops killed the game or at least the ecomemy
    as far as refining are concerend i think the devs need to remove the cd of the hoard stones and make them all bop so they stay on that toon thus not floding the market with stones
    if refining went faster people wouldnt be as upset with the idea of new afrtifact wepon set
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Whatever you do cryptic, do not listen to this person. Just because he/she may not be good enough to farm dungeons properly in order to get their own gear, or to acquire items to sell, doesn't mean that the majority don't have that capability. I mean, lets compare:
    With the old dungeon farming system, you could run dungeons 4-6 hours a day and make a killing, then pay for all the gear your heart desires, in the current status quo, even if I got a GUARANTEED shard of valindra's crown drop EVERY SINGLE TIME I ran Valindra's tower, it would still take me ~200 runs to pay for a full set of BiS gear. More realistically, it would take winning over 5000 of the last bosses drops in CN, which, even if you are doing speed runs, is approximately 1666.6 hours of CN and that is just counting the times you won. As for, "Increasing your stats on your own terms," you are doing no such thing, you are increasing your stats on Cryptics' terms and I guarantee you the quantities of AD you got to fork out for Cryptic are far larger then the amounts you have ever had to fork out prior to the artifact gear.

There is no exploiting involved in farming dungeons, you get into a group of intelligent and skilled players, then complete them over and over again and unlike the process of refining artifacts, there is actually some fun to be had whilst farming. As for the prices being obscene...with Cryptic's refining system it takes approximately 4.6M RP to get an artifact to legendary, that is approx 5M AD in cost assuming I am being generous and making the assumption that its a 1:1 RP/AD ratio. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_belt
    If you count JUST the cost of all the artifact gear, not regular artifacts, you looking at 20M AD with the generous situation I have created above. I can guarantee you, that number is more then players will charge you for all of your gear combined, prior to artifacts existing and that was with my generous assumptions regarding the value of RP.
  • vader6139vader6139 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Lets all be honest. Artifact Equipment was created as another way for cryptic to make some more $$$ from the players. Each module comes out by creating new and better things to grind for. We're all stuck in the same "look, shiny!" mindset of gear. (I just completed my BI set!!) I hope there are some changes to how the refinement system works, or at least the costs involved are are mitigated somehow.
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wildwolf8 wrote: »

And Artifacts are different form this how?

1) With the old items, you had to get Enchants/Runes leveled up for maximum effect.

2) These old items were for play up to level 60 and the first few expansions, where you worked to earn Boons, to compensate for the gear topping out at 60th level.

Yes, Artifacts when originally found, are slightly weaker than Tier 2 or 3 epics from the Expansions, but that changes so quickly once you work to get them empowered to higher levels.

I for one, think they are a great addition to the game.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • psyb3rtr011psyb3rtr011 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As for the prices being obscene...with Cryptic's refining system it takes approximately 4.6M RP to get an artifact to legendary, that is approx 5M AD in cost assuming I am being generous and making the assumption that its a 1:1 RP/AD ratio. http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_belt
    If you count JUST the cost of all the artifact gear, not regular artifacts, you looking at 20M AD with the generous situation I have created above. I can guarantee you, that number is more then players will charge you for all of your gear combined, prior to artifacts existing and that was with my generous assumptions regarding the value of RP.

All of which can be acquired for free by playing the game for free, and taking time to advance your character. While playing the Character for free, you acquire gear you can Refine into those Artifacts, sell for AD on the AH, and/or Salvage for AD for free.

Hint: You don't need everything right now. Take time to earn it, and enjoy the satisfaction that comes from acquiring things through your efforts, and leave the whining aside.
    Psyb3rTr011
    AKA Cyber Troll and Euben Hadd
  • drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All of which can be acquired for free by playing the game for free, and taking time to advance your character. While playing the Character for free, you acquire gear you can Refine into those Artifacts, sell for AD on the AH, and/or Salvage for AD for free.

Hint: You don't need everything right now. Take time to earn it, and enjoy the satisfaction that comes from acquiring things through your efforts, and leave the whining aside.

I agree but also I agree that the RPs needed to upgrade are ungodly high
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Free but at what opportunity cost? I also agree with drezzat that the RP costs to upgrade are high, but I don't see that changing. Kudos to the veterans who have refined their artifacts already, but the high 'costs' (time, effort, grind) may act as a deterrent to players that just don't want to invest in the refining process as it is.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Incorrect. People are stating this as if it's a fact, not an idea. It's not.

If people want to talk about being upset with the idea of more new Artifact Equipment, and other Equipment becoming obsolete, then that's fine.

But people are talking about it like it's a fact that we're seeing new Artifact Equipment in Module 6 AND that it's going to make everything else obsolete, which is false. Everything on the test server is speculative until changes are formally introduced by the Developers.

I need to correct the incorrect:
    These things are on Preview today:
    * We are getting a new level 70 offhand.
    * The new offhand has a 2-set effect with an item that sounds like a new mainhand
    * We are getting a 4th artifact slot, so another artifact needs to be levelled

While you can argue nothing on Preview is final, the probability that what we currently see on Preview is final is at least 90%.

So I would say with a high degree of certainity that we ARE getting more things that will need refining in mod 6. It is not unusual to use the word 'fact' when we are talking about that high probabilities.
    (Nothing is ever 100% except death and taxes, right?)
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I need to correct the incorrect:
    These things are on Preview today:
    * We are getting a new level 70 offhand.
    * The new offhand has a 2-set effect with an item that sounds like a new mainhand
    * We are getting a 4th artifact slot, so another artifact needs to be levelled

While you can argue nothing on Preview is final, the probability that what we currently see on Preview is final is at least 90%.

So I would say with a high degree of certainity that we ARE getting more things that will need refining in mod 6. It is not unusual to use the word 'fact' when we are talking about that high probabilities.
    (Nothing is ever 100% except death and taxes, right?)

On top of that, the new lvl 70 artifacts look significantly better than their lvl 60 counterparts in base stats, etc.

gratz on all the people who got legendary level. It wont be BiS anymore. I liked the artifact idea as long as I could lvl up my old artifacts to the new level. Now that new artifacts are significantly better than olds ones? meh
  • sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015

it´s really fantastic what strange thoughts can go to human minds^^

-U LOVE the fact that we were limited to just one option which is through enchants and takes unbeliveable long time to get everything to the max.(just monotone brainless grinding actually)

-u hate the option that u can the desired item through actually achieve some gaming goals like completing a hard dungeon! because there are things in the AH u are not forced to buy?!?!? because it´s "farming" (how du u get RP stones? guess u keep buying good priced opals with ZEN then ) ?!?!?!

ppl who like the system atm scare me a bit but ur statement here is just a paradox. i don´t just disagree it´s like making no sense at all^^
  • malfoirmalfoir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    drezzat wrote: »
    I've searched but I can't find anything on this. Someone said in a post that refining armor and weapons was gonna go away so only refine artys and enchants. Does anyone know what they are talking about? Are they saying that all the effort and time I went thru leveling my artifact gear was a complete waste of time? If that's true someone please tell me so I don't waste any more ADs or time leveling them, thx in advance for the info
    I dont see any "Refining system" changes on preview(yet), just added level for Arti weapon/equip etc. but "refining Armor" sounds interesting, but is it really needed?

Leadership gives some RP items, rank5 enchants drops are very common on new map areas and they are needed if one like have level140 gear... so RP drop rate is better.

You need just 20 - 60KK RP´s + upgrade items if you want reach TOP... its just 12. 000 mouse click´s with rank5 enchants... welcome to RefineWinter.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015

People said the same thing about the Drow armor. Look what happened to that.

The devs have yet to open an official feedback thread about the new gear. And there has been no evidence of the main hand yet. So for now, it seems more likely that this could be another case of Drow armor. Something we were not intended to see and something not even close to ready yet.