Options

Some people seem to have a problem...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    methecsgod wrote: »
    Yes, this is precisely what I am saying. Everyone works for the item and thus has an equal chance at it. What I do with the item is none of your concern. The need-greed dichotomy shouldn't exist in the first place, and people invented the greed rule as a way to circumvent a faulty loot design.

And, I get kicked? No, I am mostly the one doing the kicking. You might find yourself in my run, good luck there chief.

You shouldn't be kicking very many people. Most people are ok if you just say, "hey, you shouldn't need on that" and they'll be all like "ok" and not do it. Or in your case... I have no idea why you're kicking, but it sounds like you might not be a very nice person to group with. I haven't had to kick anyone from any pugs except in extreme circumstances which happens very rarely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    You shouldn't be kicking very many people. Most people are ok if you just say, "hey, you shouldn't need on that" and they'll be all like "ok" and not do it. Or in your case... I have no idea why you're kicking, but it sounds like you might not be a very nice person to group with. I haven't had to kick anyone from any pugs except in extreme circumstances which happens very rarely.

If he said greed run and people need, he's every bit justified in kicking. Like I said early, another game I used to play if you could prove that someone broke the groups loot agreement in that manner, they'd actually break out the ban hammer on the ninja.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    If he said greed run and people need, he's every bit justified in kicking. Like I said early, another game I used to play if you could prove that someone broke the groups loot agreement in that manner, they'd actually break out the ban hammer on the ninja.

I'd try talking to them on first offense. If they continue to ignore the agreed upon loot rules then I'd kick, but in my experiences usually people are willing to listen to and follow group agreements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, this is precisely what I am saying. Everyone works for the item and thus has an equal chance at it. What I do with the item is none of your concern. The need-greed dichotomy shouldn't exist in the first place, and people invented the greed rule as a way to circumvent a faulty loot design.

And, I get kicked? No, I am mostly the one doing the kicking. You might find yourself in my run, good luck there chief.

Yea!
    I work with a guy who's crippled from the waist down and we both worked for this car so he should have equal chance in getting it.
    So he can't use it. Because he's crippled.

^What you're saying. GF and GWF helped a CW to kill the boss. Purple CW Orb drops. Obviously the GF and GWF have as much right to it because they can all use it.
    Actually, the CW has the most right because he's the only one who can Need on it.

Honestly, you people act like ****ing children. Purple items sell for nothing and are worth next to nothing for Refining. People run dungeons for the RP and Enchants. Everyone can Need on those.
    So many times people run a dungeon, grab all the Enchants and RP, then throw a massive tantrum when someone Needs on a blue item. Grow up.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Yea!
    I work with a guy who's crippled from the waist down and we both worked for this car so he should have equal chance in getting it.
    So he can't use it. Because he's crippled.

^What you're saying. GF and GWF helped a CW to kill the boss. Purple CW Orb drops. Obviously the GF and GWF have as much right to it because they can all use it.
    Actually, the CW has the most right because he's the only one who can Need on it.

Honestly, you people act like ****ing children. Purple items sell for nothing and are worth next to nothing for Refining. People run dungeons for the RP and Enchants. Everyone can Need on those.
    So many times people run a dungeon, grab all the Enchants and RP, then throw a massive tantrum when someone Needs on a blue item. Grow up.

So basically what you're saying is that the cripple doesn't deserve anything for helping you for the car just because he's crippled? How very generous of you.

For the orb scenario, for your random purple one then yes you shouldn't need that because it's nothing special but another classes may be worth more. A paladin for example should be able to get more just because he's a paladin, likewise the cw shouldn't have his odds on getting his class item halved with no chance on the other classes on their team that get needed just because the team decided to either bring another cw along or the queue decided to do it instead. Everyone contributed, everyone deserves and equal chance of equal value. Originally any class could need that orb.

As for the people acting as children, personally I'd say the "I want it now" mentality is more childish. The purple items are worth next to nothing, but the rules were in place when that was not the case, they were worth a lot more. It would not be wise to massively change the status quo just before an overhaul coming up since it'd be harder to deal with ninjas if greed runs were for the best overall. I doubt many people run dungeons for rp and enchants as their main reason since you need the last hit on enchant procs. A lot of people previously preferred foundries.

The one thing I think is odd is the needing on the blues though, I think that should be greed but I don't really care about those.

No-one is stopping you from forming your own need runs. People used to actually do split runs too which was a good way of making it completely fair, though you did lose 10% ah fees. Not sure anyone bothers now since almost everything is worth a lot less. I thought I should get my CN weapon at the time when I did need it, but instead of crying about it, I accepted it, saw how it went and found out that it was the thing that made every progress faster. The rest of the team isn't there to babysit.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    frishter wrote: »
    So basically what you're saying is that the cripple doesn't deserve anything for helping you for the car just because he's crippled? How very generous of you.

Yea, that's exactly what I'm saying.
    A cripple who's paralyzed from the waist down has no need for a car. He worked for it knowing he wouldn't be able to use it.
    Likewise, a GWF has no need for an Orb. He worked for it knowing he wouldn't be able to use it.

Now, to put this into more practical terms - Every member of the party contributed to clearing the dungeon, knowing that nothing could drop for them. The only problem you have with the scenario I posted is that it probably tugged on your adorable little moral strings.

Realistically, if I wanted items for refining (Why anyone would waste time on that is beyond me), I'd go farm WoD.
    For the orb scenario, for your random purple one then yes you shouldn't need that because it's nothing special but another classes may be worth more. A paladin for example should be able to get more just because he's a paladin, likewise the cw shouldn't have his odds on getting his class item halved with no chance on the other classes on their team that get needed just because the team decided to either bring another cw along or the queue decided to do it instead. Everyone contributed, everyone deserves and equal chance of equal value. Originally any class could need that orb.

Originally, only 1 class can use that orb - CW.
    The item is worth the same to everyone - a pitifully low amount of RP and less AD than you'd earn from a daily. The only difference is one class can use that item.
    As for your "hurr what if another CW joins" argument - **** happens. Sometimes you queue with a premade of 2 CWs. Sometimes it's just 1. Sometimes you pug and there's 3 CWs. This is the natural risk of a party scenario when you're not rolling with a predetermined premade.

Just like how everyone can contribute to clearing a dungeon and only 1 class gets drops, you can also join a party with 3 of the same class in it. It's the inherent risk.

What you're doing is carebearing the party scenario.
    Honestly, how many times do you throw a tantrum when someone Needs in your GWD pugs? Is <500 RP and a few hundred AD worth breaking your keyboard in rage?
    As for the people acting as children, personally I'd say the "I want it now" mentality is more childish. The purple items are worth next to nothing, but the rules were in place when that was not the case, they were worth a lot more. It would not be wise to massively change the status quo just before an overhaul coming up since it'd be harder to deal with ninjas if greed runs were for the best overall. I doubt many people run dungeons for rp and enchants as their main reason since you need the last hit on enchant procs. A lot of people previously preferred foundries.

As for the people acting as children, personally I'd say the "I want equal chance for an item that's not mine" mentality is more childish.
    Like I said before, this is the natural risk that you take when partying. Sometimes you get a lot of drops. Sometimes you get none. It's RNG. It's how the game was designed. Those purple items you're complaining about are worth nothing. To everyone.
    The only possible exception is Paladin. What are you going to tell a new Paladin who joins your party? Sorry your class is new and the items started dropping 6 hours ago but we're a Greed only party? Get ****ed.

Also, I must be doing something wrong. Somehow I got my Artifacts to L90+ from Enchant drops.
    Obviously no one does it for the ridiculous amounts of Enchants that drop or the hundreds of mobs that you can easily last-hit.
    The one thing I think is odd is the needing on the blues though, I think that should be greed but I don't really care about those.

No-one is stopping you from forming your own need runs. People used to actually do split runs too which was a good way of making it completely fair, though you did lose 10% ah fees. Not sure anyone bothers now since almost everything is worth a lot less. I thought I should get my CN weapon at the time when I did need it, but instead of crying about it, I accepted it, saw how it went and found out that it was the thing that made every progress faster. The rest of the team isn't there to babysit.

You're right. They're there to play their odds. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
    Honestly, you seem like the life of the party.
    "I contributed in this game of beer pong so I shouldn't lose just because my partner missed a shot".

The "Greed Only" mentality is a cancer that's run its course through a lot of MMOs and it nearly never works as intended. You play your odds, sometimes you get your item and leave, other times you don't and you keep playing to get it.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yea, that's exactly what I'm saying.
    A cripple who's paralyzed from the waist down has no need for a car. He worked for it knowing he wouldn't be able to use it.

Nice to see such a radiant example of kindness and empathy. http://www.abilitycenter.com/drivingaids/handcontrols/
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    snip

Basically you're saying that when the hr, sw and soon paladin came/comes out, that it's ok for them to need and sell stuff and make much more than anyone else on their team just because they can.

Btw for your level 90 artifacts, I probably got mine to level 100 with less time invested. People generally don't do dungeons with enchants as the focus. GFs have a hard time, trs and dcs used to have a hard time last hitting fyi. HRs probably find it harder than other classes too. If that's the way you like doing it, go ahead, but don't act all high and mighty because of it. The vast majority would rather just buy botted supplies.

If you think loot being distributed more equally is a cancer then keep deluding yourself. Like I said, this was a way to distribute thousands, to up to hundreds of thousands of ad equally and something people stuck with.

If need was the norm, people who mostly need are not the ones who actually need or possibly not even use the item. Greed runs are to try to prevent actual greed and distribute wealth evenly. That's the whole point. Give or take a little rng of course, but there's less factors in the equation at least.
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Basically you're saying that when the hr, sw and soon paladin came/comes out, that it's ok for them to need and sell stuff and make much more than anyone else on their team just because they can.

No, because they're the minority and the minority gets benefits from the current system that features those who can actually use an item. I do it like this:

need: I need the item and can use it.
    greed: I may or may not need the item, sometimes I cant use it but if no one needs it i'm greedy enough to fill my precious inventory slots with it in order to sell it.
    pass: I'm not interested/my inventory space is of to much value for me and so I pass this on for anyone who will have it.

That's how it is intended and that's how i'll do it.
  • Options
    pansapienpansapien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This thread is only a part of why I stay away from groups in general. I'll just run off on my own and hoard all the junk I can in solo quests :)

Questing with my kids... now that's fun.

"No, Dad gets that sword... or you're grounded!" :P
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Feature request worth trying…?:

At start of party, all chose a common/me separating threshold. Weighted majority, rounded up average wins.
    Now every loot that anyone dares to pickup above that threshold simply goes into a party shared stack, no more stupid screen-filling dialogs in battle.
    At the end (big chest) you get the list of items and can mark everything with either need or greed, what you don't mark is passed. Class items just get you the need option, if their equipment value is just slightly less or greater than the value of your current gear (it is "recommended").

That way, you have time to decide what to do and can need those items that you really need.
    Tell the devs if u like it, until then i'll stick to the current system as it was intended.
  • Options
    titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lordrhavin wrote: »
    No, because they're the minority and the minority gets benefits from the current system that features those who can actually use an item. I do it like this:

greed: I may or may not need the item, sometimes I cant use it but if no one needs it i'm greedy enough to fill my precious inventory slots with it in order to sell it.
    pass: I'm not interested/my inventory space is of to much value for me and so I pass this on for anyone who will have it.

You can do it that way but in most cases you will be kicked before that loot makes it in to your bag.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a good time to remind everyone that we're nearing 2 year anniversary and still no improvements have been made to loot rules.
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    way i undersatnd it is
    all enchanting rolls need "white blue purple"
    all epic gear rolls greed
    all other gear is need
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...on a slight diversion to this topic (might have come up before, didn't read all 14 pages):

I'd really appreciate the introduction of a separate loot category to be made selectable in Party Menu: "Gear" and "Other Loot", so that one can set the threshold on a different level - blue for "Gear", and green for "Other".

This would
    a) stop making the fight unfightable due to some ____ grabbing every greeen item (especially on the way from respawn :^/) when set appropriately,
    b) give those people who have the inventory space and demand to grab that stuff the chance to grab that stuff without a bad conscience
    c) save us all the - sometimes derailing - time-eating discussions about just that.

Further adding a "Roll / Pass" option, and/or a "Reroll" vote or boss call would be helpful, too...
  • Options
    nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ...with common sense. An epic mark is still an epic, it requires a Greed roll. 3 Marks of Potency in 1 day, that's 300k of my AD that some thiefs got.

You mean, people who design a Melee fighter wearing a 60-pound heavy 2H sword, full-metal armour and sprinting faster than a roadrunner?
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    When HR got released the RG set was very expensive, too. You took a HR to fill up the group. How would it be fair, if he rolls need on every HR item, when you stack 3 CWs for faster runs.

so you think it's more "fair" that the 3 CW, who stayed in the group all the way to the end, KNOWING they had less chance to get a CW item, should get to roll on a HR item and potentially take it away from a brand new HR who is trying to gear up.

kthxbye

^this, right here is why I don't group with pugs
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think RCN808's suggest of roll/pass options does the trick.

Its courtesy and good sportmanship to choose 'greed' regardless of the setting. Problems only tend to arise when you're in an open party when no ground rules have been mentioned - then temptation, ignorance or just plain selfishness often results in at least one person deciding they 'need' everything.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    vadi88gvadi88g Member Posts: 54
    edited February 2015
    rcn808 is right in random groups greed isnt needed....
    if all equip in one instance drops same % for every class (because Need button aviablity)then this rules arent needed you ppl do yourself (indont know). there are also new player who dont know the "community rules" and are just kicked out.

remove "greed" for random groups is also an idea.
  • Options
    randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sasageru wrote: »
    I think RCN808's suggest of roll/pass options does the trick.

Its courtesy and good sportmanship to choose 'greed' regardless of the setting. Problems only tend to arise when you're in an open party when no ground rules have been mentioned - then temptation, ignorance or just plain selfishness often results in at least one person deciding they 'need' everything.

Iv'e said the same thing over and over. There should be 'roll' and pass only. All 5 people are participating in the run, what ever that run be, shouldn't everyone get the same chance at any item?

It would also be nice if there was a character level persistent 'loot threshold'. i.e. if I set MY threshold to 'epic' then I will NOT participate in any blue or green loot rolls.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    its always been need on enchants / marks / craftables

what irks me is not allowing need in MC / VT where the only items worth dropping (epic quality) is the Bind on pickups. And that chest peice in **** hard to get dropped in VT mind you - I will never do a greed run there because either a) i'm kicked before i can roll or b) i roll greed and have some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> roll need so yeah may as well only join need groups for those.

mod 6 coming, i hear it'll go the way of what it was in like mod 1/2 people just rolling need on everything possible because "they all need it even if wearing". At least if i do dungeons i'm just going to say hell with greed, i'll do that with guild only. Pugs i'll be up front nad going need on everything / anything because you know that ****'s going to be needed on regardless its how the people in online gaming communities work - on a general basis and it isn't exclusive for everyone. **disclaimer i was not around and am subject to being wrong in this last paragraph - except for mod 6 i'll be needing on stuff 'cause the option is there to as expected by everyone else.
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Iv'e said the same thing over and over. There should be 'roll' and pass only. All 5 people are participating in the run, what ever that run be, shouldn't everyone get the same chance at any item?

It would also be nice if there was a character level persistent 'loot threshold'. i.e. if I set MY threshold to 'epic' then I will NOT participate in any blue or green loot rolls.

I also like that second suggestion, the amount of greenand blue loot spam... *facedesk* if I wanted green and blue stuff I'd just go grind somewhere that doesen't require a party or queue xD

Ahem, anyway, I get the original reason for the need/greed/pass options, and players are the ones who created the unspoken greed rule, but at the end of the day less feelings are hurt and less toes stepped on if you just take a bit of the choice away from people and leave them with the 'yes/no' option.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A quick question if I may. I have been playing NW just a short while but have run in several PUGs. So far drops are primarily green with a few blues here and there. Doesn't the limitation of wearability address greed from other class players? My impression was that players from other classes can not roll need on non usable items, is this true?
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes.

(min length 10 chars, so here's some blurb meant to be ignored...)
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    All Greed - everything from Common (Green) to Epic (Purple) you roll greed only on
    Epic Greed - only the Epic (Purple) items require a Greed Roll; anything but Epic you can roll need on
    All Need - just keep hitting Shift-1 for Need, or hit Pass when it comes to a Greed roll

Three simple definitions for three ways to run a dungeon besides Random Chaotic.

You can set the loot rolls before entering a dungeon any time if you have Lead by the way (the crown icon). If in serious doubt though you can leave a dungeon at any time.

Just don't boot anyone for picking up Green loot! That's the bread and butter for some of us poorer Free to Play folks.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    edited February 2015

So what is the incentive of helping you through a dungeon for the rest of the team? They're never going to see you again and then some other person will need it next run. People complain about the people who say "LF 17k for Mad dragon", I really hope none of the needers complain because that situation would partially be on them.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    So what is the incentive of helping you through a dungeon for the rest of the team?

Everyone has the chance to get a class-item that he can need if he needs it.
    They're never going to see you again and then some other person will need it next run. People complain about the people who say "LF 17k for Mad dragon", I really hope none of the needers complain because that situation would partially be on them.

Sorry, I seriously don't understand what that should mean. What is a ›LF‹ and what does it have to do with a Mad Dragon?
    You can do it that way but in most cases you will be kicked before that loot makes it in to your bag.

If someone kicks me for following the game engines rules, than i don't mind if he plays that game without me -.-
    Its - after all - a game and in my 3 week old experience, other people just stop me from experiencing the surrounding story.
  • Options
    totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    Everyone has the chance to get a class-item that he can need if he needs it.

Sorry, I seriously don't understand what that should mean. What is a ›LF‹ and what does it have to do with a Mad Dragon?

If someone kicks me for following the game engines rules, than i don't mind if he plays that game without me -.-
    Its - after all - a game and in my 3 week old experience, other people just stop me from experiencing the surrounding story.

Like I said, some classes are worth more than others and you get your chance to win something out of a run if there's another class the same as you on the run. LF = lookng for and it's relevant because those people don't want to run with those that actually need tp gear up.

For the "in the games rules", It's also possible to ninja quests someone else has been working on, but it's bad etiquette to do so. They have changed some to no longer be ninja-able but then they keep making ninja-able quests... I'm not sure how fast or slow you're taking it, but so you know and afaik it doesn't apply to pre level 60 stuff.

You do need to be wary though. People don't like ninjas and some people will kick with no warning.