test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill Nodes

dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
well yet again I have noticed another reduction in the skill kits during the profession timer..

I know the Dev's won't fess up to it because of exploiters, but to reduce the amount of kits now down to 10 before you start getting the broken piece of glass 2 copper value is pretty **** pathetic.. might as well remove the profession timer.. I rely on the skill kits during the timer so that i can continue to rank up my professions on my toons and gather rank 3 and 4's so that i can work on upgrading my enchantment stones for my character.

Could you please up the amount of kits we can pick up before we start getting 2 copper trash grays from them please? It would be greatly appreciated :)

I know people will say that this not true... I just ran thru sharander and counted how many i could get useful items and got 10 kits then started to continually getting the 2 copper value items..
5790248SLdyC.png
Post edited by dyeslee on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Seems the same to me. I am a freak at skill node collecting and any who play with me in game know this. I know every location in Sharandar and have specific routes I take. If you loot too many, too fast, you'll get the junk flag for 15 minutes.

When professions 1/2 hour comes up, I run a char through my path in sharandar, grabbing about 15-20 nodes in 10-15 mins time, then get the junk flag. Switch chars, repeat. I usually always end up on the third character with 2-5 mins left of the professions half hour.

You've probably just gotten into a good route and rhythm like me and are now hitting them much faster than before, which will account for your noticing of the anti-bot measures more.

I will however, suggest again as I have done many times before on this: Disable this anti-bot feature while Professions 1/2 Hour is Running please. It makes no sense to have an event that encourages speed looting of nodes while also restricting them to an anti-bot feature of such a magnitude. Then just re-enable it when the event ends.

Update 02/10/2014: Just ran professions 1/2 hour again. All still seems the same. First character, ran my route through Sharandar with this thread in mind and speed-ran it. Got 19 nodes in 12 minutes, 20th node was junk then looted 3 more to be sure. Switched to another character, ran my route through Sharandar. Got 17 nodes in 14 minutes, 18th was junk. Looted 3 more to be sure. Seems the same to me still.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I haven't noticed any changes in requirements to get flagged, and would also suggest that the OP has simply improved in personal ability to speed-loot to reach a point where it feels faster.

I like Zeb's suggestion that the restriction should be disabled during Professions, for the reasons he gives.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Seems the same to me. I am a freak at skill node collecting and any who play with me in game know this.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I've not noticed any reduction in my average take before the 15-min. junk timer...18 to 21 nodes before switching character. I actually prefer to raid Blacklake: no encounters to slow me down, no junk enchants/runestones, just 26 nodes waiting to be had in a fairly small area. I can get thru 4 alts with a few minutes to spare.

I also enjoy plundering nodes in Icespire Peak with my 60's if I have a few minutes before the white dragon shows us...no combat distractions outside of the dragon area, a good chance at R3-4 enchants for RP, and best of all, a little zone-chat roleplaying: "You disappoint me, foul little ones, with your tribute today. I am not a violent man, I try not to be, but...Is Myles from Nowhere gonna have to choke a goblin?"

(That would be your daily Chapelle Show reference.)
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what exactly is a skill kit?

urlord
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A couple of tiny changes would make the world of difference to reducing the effectiveness of bots.
    Bots are good at doing the exact same thing, over and over, so they like everything to always be in the same place.
    So vary the spawn locations of skill nodes. Not so far that a human cannot find them, just so that you sometimes have to take an extra step or two to reach them. Likewise, when a player toon enters a instance start the toon at a random place near the entrance. Humans are really good at adjusting to these small differences but a bot is not
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    what exactly is a skill kit?

urlord
    The more common and correct term is "Skill Node," also sometimes called a "Profession Node" or "Resource Node." They are the things you interact with in the world that give you profession resources and refining items or enchants. The things you use your skill kits on that you buy from the NPC vendors or get as loot from mobs or leadership.