test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NW appreciation

linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
What are 5 things you LIKE about NW, ie what keeps you logging in despite whatever frustrations you may or may not have.
Post edited by linoge63 on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) It's fun.
    2) It's also fun.
    3) And it is fun.
    4) There's also the fun.
    5) And it's usually fun.

There's no other reason needed. :)

(Not trying to be snarky - I'm serious.) :P
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    1. The combat requires you to actually pay some attention, rather than standing in 1 spot just facerolling buttons.
    2. I love my guild!
    3. I love how much the community management team interacts with the community. (Akro is awesome!)
    4. It really is free to play. I'm at the point now where I only have to buy Zen when I want to support the dev team. I can usually earn it on my own fairly quickly, and I like that none of the modules are gated by having to purchase them.
    5. The foundry! Even though it needs some love, I absolutely love how innovative it is.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) I loved being able to turn off the game and return the next day with all my stats intact.
    2) I loved that I could build my character based on how I wanted to play it
    3) I loved how foundry allowed me to create a world within the world of neverwinter
    4) I loved all of the above..
    5) NOW I hate how regeneration does not work in combat mod 6 (since i have 4000 regen) / and I hate how deflection severity for TR has been cut to 50% (makes my ecnounter ITC and my characters survivability next to nothing!)

this wont work anymore... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmhKobNdmAw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In no particular order
    1. Combat is fun, fluid, and dynamic.
    2. Environment and lore. I keep discovering more flavor the more time I spend just standing around in places where people don't usually stand around.
    3. I was able to make Judeau... really need to show him off one of these days.
    4. Foundry is cool, but as others have said, severely under-appreciated and the forced march of grind makes it harder and harder to justify the time spent on playing with it for sheer joy.
    5. Killing pixelmonsters takes my mind off other stuff.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like the self-paced nature of it. You CAN do a bunch of grouped activity but you don't HAVE to. This is good for a person like me who might only be able to devote 1 or 2 hours a day to it during the work week. I can still log in for a relatively short amount of time and nevertheless accomplish something.
  • Options
    rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Combat style.
    2. Graphics
    3. Creative content (I love all the minor details of the design and will stop to admire it)
    4. Foundry
    5. Versatile ways to play. You can PVE, PVP, Roleplay, Casual, Hardcore. I myself prefer to be a roleplaying pvper but will take a break to do some PVE.
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) It's fun.

There's no other reason needed. :)

I'm gonna steal that for My number one also, though I do have other reasons...

2) Unlike the MMO I played for years, it is free. Now whilst I oft play quite a lot, there are times when RL keeps me busy enough that I don't get to play for a few months at a time and I resent paying for something I am not using. It would have to be something VERY special to get me to go subscription again.... absolutely no issue supporting the game buying in game stuff that I will use, but not for my toons to simply sit there twiddling their thumbs!

3) I am an altaholic and I enjoy playing every class so far, I have every class to level 60 and a few spares, planning on adding two OP's on for tank and one for healer. Most other games there has been at least one often more that I didn't enjoy. Neverwinter has avoided that so far. (I enjoy playing them but with RPisg up the legendary artifacts, it has become much more difficult and I'm having to concentrate on one at a time....haven't even got my main to where I want her yet, let alone the others but every 60 is over 10k GS and working toward IWD (2 there so far))

4) even with playing as many toons, I haven't got bored yet, sure I get fed up of particular areas for a time, so I do something else instead, always got something to do when I want to play.

5) whilst I mostly solo, I have a few friends I got to join and they recently hit 60 so very much enjoying teaming up with them (Haven't yet found a guild I like the look of.... inherently don't trust guilds that just spam invites, they are self evidently only interested in number not in decent players (Not decent is in highly skilled just decent as in decent people)
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) It's usually fun, if I'm not grinding.
    2) It's D&D.
    3) Foundry.
    4-5) See #3.
  • Options
    ckotoc666ckotoc666 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1.Combat system
    2.Interesting classes and races
    3.Easy to learn
    4.Fun
    5.The best lvl up experience from any other mmo i have played and i never get bored to lvl up new characters.
  • Options
    quantumffquantumff Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not been here long but so far:

I'm a sucker for pets. The companions are awesome.

The gateway. Okay, sometimes it's a bit... iffy. But it's still a better portable interface than most games would bother with. Free mobile game!

You get to kill dragons. Dragons. Slaying them all over the place.

It rewards exploration. Just a box usually but I'm going to go wandering anyway and I appreciate that it respects that.

And my number one favourite thing- everyone's got your back. I've never played a game where people were so willing to join in. I dunno if it's not being excluded from loot and objectives, or the short mount times, or the single server, or just plain chillness but I love it and gaming needs more of it.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1) Fun classes and races, with plenty of room for customization.

2) Lots of companions and mounts. Kinda related to #1 since it lets me set more of a theme for my characters, and come up with reasons why that companion's there and what's their connection.

3) I enjoy the combat.

4) Related to #3. I generally enjoy Neverwinter's group activities, and I've probably run more of them on this game than I do on most MMOs. Granted, a large part for this is AD. But some incentive for grouping is always a good thing.

5) The Foundry. Sometimes I don't touch it for a long time, but when I do, I always have fun with it. (So much reading and my OCD completionist making me read all dialogue and item descriptions makes each quest take a long time) Same as with the dungeons, the AD incentive helps me play it. (Sadly I suspect that without the AD rewards I would only touch it very rarely, as I would feel like I was wasting my time while I could've been getting rewards elsewhere instead)
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    1. Fast-paced combat with little to no down time.

2. The ability to play in small, more digestible increments, while still being able to actually accomplish something.

3. A diverse and eclectic variety of enemies, companions, mounts, and locales.

4. The ability to "interface" with the game, even while offline - a la the Gateway.

5. Frequent updates, sales, promotions, and continual additions to the game/premium store, are all pluses to me.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    1) It's D&D based. I will admit this is the very first thing that drew my attention. D&D was the best part of my early adolescence, and my introduction to roleplaying games.
    2) The Foundry. I haven't had a real group to play with for years, and Neverwinter gives me the opportunity to make quests I can share with people all over. My biggest problem with DDO was that there wasn't enough content, especially for leveling characters, but the Foundry provides us with LIMITLESS content. It is severely underappreciated, and undervalued by Cryptic & PWE. If the rewards were valuable for end-game players, it would be the keystone that held up the whole game.
    3) Game play is nice. In DDO I felt like it was confusing trying to keep track of the things my character could do, but Neverwinter feels more streamlined.
    4) The Foundry
    5) The Foundry

I also like the amount of character appearance customization options at creation, but that's not what KEEPS me playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015

1. The Lore. I am an insanely addicted fan of Ed Greenwood and the Forgotten Realms. As well as love R.A. Salvatore and the Realms' other notable authors and collaborative creators. Indeed.
      • I can be my favorite race, the Drow! (Okay, this would be #1 but it needed its own appreciation mention!)
    2. Creating Foundry Content. Despite it's current state of the game, the draw of the Foundry is what drew me in even more than #1. I prefer to DM in PnP so naturally I would prefer to spend 95% of my game time in the Foundry Editor.
    3. I love customizing my characters to how I envision and even have them portrayed in my own Forgotten Realms PnP Campaign.
    4. Being able to play with like-minded friends. While I do sink into Solo Play a lot, especially on Foundry Editing Binges, I greatly appreciate being able to play with the friends I have made as well as family.
    5. Action Combat. I've never been a fan of action combat outside TES series and FPS games. Neverwinter changed that and now I look forward to such gameplay in any game I play now, online or offline.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1) I love D&D
    2) I love the truly action based combat.
    3) I love foundry
    4) I love that you really can get everything you need in game without spending a cent of real money (though it does help speed things along if you do)
    5)I actually really like the feeling of progression you can get while soloing content with boons and refinement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1) It's F2P.
    2) It's D&D.
    3) The combat system.
    4) All content can be done without top-notch gear so I could say it's "casual friendly" or at least "lazy friendly".
    5) It has on-going development and gets new content out, fairly regularly. Probably this may seem as "mandatory" for every game, but I've played games that were in maintenance-mode far too soon.
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    -My Guild
    -Dungeons, monsters, quests, professions etc...
    -Searching every corner to get something valuable.
    -Gear Score, it is useless i know but it makes this game exiting.
    -My guard drake.
    -Events, wish there are more events. Maybe every week.
    -Trying to gain AD.
    -Foundry system.
    -Socializing, friends, diffrent people from diffrent countries.
    -Sometimes you see a player, gs 26k level with level 10 enchants, legendary items etc and then you look at yourself with level 6 enchants green artifacts with gs 10-13k. A sound cames from your mouth: Ouch. After this you gain a hope and wish to drop anything valuable to improve yourself.(look at 3)
    -You really understand what is a patience and what it is needed for.
    -Did i said i am a patient one? Thats why i am playing this game :)

And why 5? :confused:
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1.- the fundry
    2.- battle system
    3.- character maker
    4.- dnd setting
    5,. did I mention the foundry?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Interesting...
    People who did not list Foundry as one of the things they like the most, that keep them here: 7 so far.
    People who did list Foundry as one of the things they like the most, that keep them here: 12 so far.
  • Options
    bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Interesting...
    People who did not list Foundry as one of the things they like the most, that keep them here: 7 so far.
    People who did list Foundry as one of the things they like the most, that keep them here: 12 so far.
    Interesting...

The sample size is still pretty small, but so far this seems to suggest that the Foundry actually DOES keep people playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1) It's D&D, love playing the different classes (not so much that it's getting too hard to progress all of them equally)

2) Combat is engaging, fun mainly because it's very fluid, responsive, and reactive with the use of the keyboard and mouse. There are too many MMOs which I do not care to try due to bad movement/camera and combat control (eg. Swordsman)

3) Character progression. Despite many negative opinions on the amount of grind, I like having long term goals while I'm not pressured into getting everything done fast by peers aka taking it slow.

4) Customization, while not on CO's scale, has enough variety in mounts and appearance to satisfy most players. There's much room for improvement still, such as further customization of mounts, cost of transmuting, and storage space for vanity items

5) Not party or trinity centric. Mentioned last but perhaps the most important. I've played many MMOs for the long term, and have enough experiences losing playing friends or waiting around for my dwindling friend's list to care for MMOs that force upon trinity and party play in every content.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1.) The foundry

2.) I'm not required to have the ultimate top gear just to see all the content.

3.) Roleplay

4.) Character customization. It may not be the best, but it's a lot better than in most MMOs I've played.

5.) Did I mention the foundry?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. It is simply one of the best themepark mmos out there. It is right there with swtor at the very top.

2. Action-combat in a dnd setting. The action combat of this game is second to none.

3. The pvp in this game is often complained about by everyone (including me) but is still better than most of what is out there.

4. The class diversity is pretty awesome. No two classes feel the same to play, each is an entirely new experience. And they are always coming out with new classes.

5. The devs try to keep the game fresh- yes there is a lot that can be fixed, but there is always something new about the game.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1. It really is free to play. All of it.

2. Most stuff is solo-able. Yes, I know it's an MMO but I need to work around real life stuff so I often need to be able to play when it suits me rather than someone else.

3. Combat system. Easy to grasp but enough subtleties to keep you interested.

4. The gateway. Genius. I can prod my professions during lunch hour without upsetting our IT guy.

5. The release schedule. Always something new on the horizon. Change is good.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    1) pvp

2) steady gear progression

3) steady releases

i guess mod 6 will break the first 2 points but whatever.