test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cannot delete character from test.

2»

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    I poked on the ticket we have to investigate this issue.
  • gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have had a lot of trouble with this as well. I eventually got the characters deleted, but it took an hour or two. When the delete fails, it bumps you back to log in :(
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was trying to delete the copies of one of my two toons on the preview so I could make a paladin and out of about 12 tries only 3 were successful. The other tries said it failed and logged me out. I finally gave up.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

edited February 2015
    Didn't see this thread and started a new one on this issue. I had the same problem tonight. I'll go delete my other one.

edited February 2015
    Sorry, I posted this without seeing another thread elsewhere on it. Tried to delete this one to prevent redundancy, but can't figure out how.

• dreamaltsdreamalts Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2015
    It's characters on Campaign zones we can't delete. Thanks for replying panderus.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    I poked on the ticket we have to investigate this issue.

Okay, thanks.
    In the meantime, I will do what seems to have worked for other people (which has yet to work for me) and keep trying.
    dreamalts wrote: »
    It's characters on Campaign zones we can't delete. Thanks for replying panderus.

Nope, that's not my issue at all. Characters who were in campaign zones are now bumped to PE. Characters who were already in PE still can't be deleted.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    starbigamo wrote: »
    i finally could erase all needed slots and then when making a new char the paladin option isn't there :(

Close the client out and restart. It should be there (same thing happened to me).
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Update: Seven logouts later, it worked.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have 100 Doms..... this is going to take al lfreaking day to just be able to make him..
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the best feature ever... it logs you out EVERY time it fails to delete..
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    today i successfully deleted my 2 remaining characters i couldnt delete on 5day

on 5day when i deleted some 30 characters i moved to next if delete failed, then did a second pass
    Paladin Master Race
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm not sure where this bug ranks on the list of bugs they're working on, but when it's something that stands in a lot of people's way of even being able to make a paladin and give feedback on a new class then I think it needs to be fixed sooner rather than later.

So how hasn't this been fixed yet?
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    So how hasn't this been fixed yet?

Because it doesn't happen to everyone all the time, and it only happens to a lot of the people it has happened to some of the time, which is a beast of a kind of thing to fix.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is extremely frustrating, any progress being made, is anyone even looking into it, update please.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2015
    Fix for this has been made and will go out on the next release. Thanks for your reports and loudness!
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Fix for this has been made and will go out on the next release. Thanks for your reports and loudness!

Great news. Thanks :)