then force logged out.
Post edited by swarfega27 on

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I had this same problem.

Keep trying it will work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't. I just get a "Character delete failed" message, then logged out of Preview.

Logged on the each character to see if moving them to PE would help deleting:

CW (in WoD) got auto moved to PE but still cant be deleted,
    DC (in WoD) logs on briefly then I get a server disconnect,
    same for TR (IWD). Both still cannot be deleted.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Found the same. Its probably because those zones don't exist atm on preview.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Bizarrely re-copying the characters let me delete the earlier versions. Still got the occasional delete error though.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Deleting actually works (but it's quite annoying). You come to char selection after starting the game, then try to delete a char. This deletion fails and you get logged out. Log in again and try another deletion. This time it works. When you want to delete another char after this it will fail again and you get logged out. I'm happy I just wanted to remove 3 chars ;)
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I've been having this problem somewhat too. I found that logging onto the character and making sure the mailbox is empty helps a little (maybe).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Same here...
    edited January 2015
    Log in again (directly after the forced logout). You can then delete one character. The second deletion will fail again. For more deletion - rinse and repeat ;) Worked for me.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I got the same error and kicked to log in screen my first try. After that, I selected the character to delete, selected a different character, then selected the character to delete again and then deleted the character successfully. I was able to do this for all the characters I wish to delete, without error, as long as I selected a different character first and then re-selected the character to delete.

So, try this:
    Step 1) Select the character to delete. (do not delete it yet)
    Step 2) Select a different character. (do not delete it either)
    Step 3) Select the character to delete again.
    Step 4) Delete the character.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Haven't tried yet today. but unable to delete any toons on preview as of 1am est this morning. Would like to clean it up a bit so i am not on toon444
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Take a look at the bug section: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?832041-Cannot-delete-character-from-test

Including some workarounds :)
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I delete one toon and when I try another I get send to login screen
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    I delete one toon and when I try another I get send to login screen
    Did you try any of the work arounds here?
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Did you try any of the work arounds here?

Honestly I gave up as I have so many there and itd take me too long to try. Ill just wait till its working normally :)
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited January 2015
    emilemo wrote: »
    Honestly I gave up as I have so many there and itd take me too long to try. Ill just wait till its working normally :)
    Well, if you tried the work around I posted and it worked for you, it would literally only add one tenth of a second per character to delete. Mainly, I'd just like to know if that works for anyone else or if it was just a fluke with my 4 characters.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Tried the workarounds here. None of them worked. Think it was a fluke on your part. Not that this is the worst of the bugs I am experiencing...
    edited January 2015
    query523 wrote: »
    Tried the workarounds here. None of them worked. Think it was a fluke on your part. Not that this is the worst of the bugs I am experiencing...

For testing this issue I created some more copies on Preview. zebular's workaround is working great for me. But you have to do one more step if you want to delete the char that is already selected on login: select another char. After this you can follow zebular's steps (select char to delete -> select another char -> select char to delete -> delete).
  • mechomancermechomancer Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    query523 wrote: »

Same here. No luck on the work arounds.

=RV=

Edit: Tried again. Actually had to log on with a character that I was going to keep, switch to change character screen, select my toon to delete and it worked fine.

Some may need extra steps, some may not.

=RV=
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the continued reports all, especially if work-arounds were working for you or not!
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ansuz4221 wrote: »
    For testing this issue I created some more copies on Preview. zebular's workaround is working great for me. But you have to do one more step if you want to delete the char that is already selected on login: select another char. After this you can follow zebular's steps (select char to delete -> select another char -> select char to delete -> delete).

Yep. Did all that. Maybe it is me as this is only one of several bugs I have encountered. For instance it won't let me put boons into anything but ToD.
  • mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Well, if you tried the work around I posted and it worked for you, it would literally only add one tenth of a second per character to delete. Mainly, I'd just like to know if that works for anyone else or if it was just a fluke with my 4 characters.

I was able to delete my characters from preview yesterday after initially having trouble. I believe the workaround you proposed is what worked for me, however I didn't really put 2 and 2 together as to what the solution was at the time. It was only after selecting 1 character that I was able to go back to the selection screen and delete a different one.
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    visited the preview shard during maintenance, intending to clean up my chars prior to mod6 testing, only to find that some character deletes succeeded, but two obstinately continued to return CHARACTER DELETE FAILED ...

I submitted a ticket and got a fast reply, which nada nada says support is not provided for preview etc ...

so my two slots are currently occupied by out of date toons, no slots for the new class, any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated, preview is a relatively unfamiliar place for me

Thanks in anticipation, hoping its just a glitch of sorts
  • trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have this problem too, I can't delete my first char witch was copied there many modules ago. Also I can't login on it.
    edited January 2015
    TBH I didnt even bother to try logging into that toon, its something more to investigate, anyway hope a dev sees this thread and can offer advice
    update - I did manage to delete one once the maintenance had finished, but the other still refuses to leave
    edited January 2015
    OK, returned to preview, and successfully logged into the offending char, to find that some 'accomplishments' eg completion of tasks was flagged up ... perhaps this was related ? anyway, returned to character screen, and then successfully deleted the char ... still uncertain of what the specific problem was though, which will probably bother me for far longer than the original issue.
    edited January 2015
    There's already a bug report on this issue including some workarounds :)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?832041-Cannot-delete-character-from-test
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I am unable to delete enough characters to roll up a new character for testing. Anyone else having this issue? I was able to delete a character, but that was it.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Update: I seem to be unable to delete TR's, but deleted a DC didn't seem to be an issue.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    After each character delete, I had to click on another toon and then back to the one I wanted to delete. Otherwise it will bug out for me.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have to delete 40 characters now, and it works one out of 4 times /wrists

this is horrible
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread