test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Devoted Cleric Cap Raise

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Im very encouraged about the release date delay that they might have time to do a actual pass through on this class now and fix some of these lackluster skills and worthless feats that they dumped on the class!
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Burning radiance at 70 is now 3000 dmg. Seems like this could be significant damage.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Divine Glow
    Divine Glow still (NW.45.20150304a.3) doesn't trigger weapon enchants. Amusingly, weapon enchants can however trigger themselves.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So launch date is moved back but I see no change done to Warding Flare and Geas. If the current version of these 2 new encounters manage to go live after all the feedbacks have been given I'll be speechless.

The 2 new encounters should REPLACE our existing PvP rotations, i.e. Break the Spirit / Astral Shield / Divine Glow. One way this can be achieved is to perhaps consolidate Astral Shield and Divine Glow into one for Warding Flare. This would be similar to how the old Astral Shield used to work : healing allies and protecting them both at the SAME time. You can also combine Break the Spirit with Searing Light to make this your Geas.

This is my wishlist for the following skills

(Level 60) Warding Flare (cd 16.7secs) :
    Rank 1
    1) Ward: Improves the defences of allies by 10%.
    2) Heal: Allies are healed over time.
    3) Flare: All enemies are blinded (unable to use at-will or encounters) and slowed. Any stealthed enemies are revealed by the flare until they move out of the flare's aoe glow.

Divinity : Allies are granted temporary hit points

Empowered: Consumes all stack of empowered and absorbed a fix amount of damage for each attack. This absorb is equal to 3% of your maximum hit points per stack consumed.

Each rank : +1 sec Flare duration

(Level 65) Geas (cd 10secs) :
    5,500 - 6,500 Radiant Damage
    Throw a powerful Geas through targets in front of you.
    Divinity : When the Geas pierce the target, it stuns the target (and any enemies within 15' ft of the target) for 3s. Subsequent applications of this stun have their duration reduced by 1s for each application.
    Empowered: Consumes all stacks of empowered to deal 33% more damage per stack consumed.
    Each Rank up : +10% damage
  • umt1982umt1982 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have commented on here not too long ago. After some more time to use the spells/feats I have to say I have changed my opinion (on somethings).

After finally being able to get into an epic dungeon (I have been 70 for weeks) and being able to use each of these I have come to the conclusion each serves it's purpose. Geas works on the bosses and is a great way to clean up mobs. Especially when used in empowered. For those who don't understand what I mean, aggro the adds from the boss and when a good enough distance use Geas on the boss. This allows you 60-90 seconds to focus on clearing the adds thus allowing us to then focus soley on the boss. Of course this will only work if you get the adds far enough away from the boss as to avoid the AOE damage from hitting the boss. One hit will remove the Geas. I truely hope Geas is not changed/altered in anyway. The fact it works on bosses seems to be the only way most groups will be able to beat the epics final bosses.

Warding Flare and Light of Divinity provide good HOT effects and protection when used in conjunction with astral seal and astral shield. So for a healing DC these both help when used at proper times.

As a DC our job is to make sure other players stay alive, ourselves included. With the DPS the epic dungeons dish out getting to 30% is a good way to ensure a wipe. And even when we do get below this threshold it isn't long enough to help at all since we will be healing or dead.

It takes 4-7 casts of an at will to get max divine. Anything faster is a waste as we will just be waiting on our normal spells to cooldown in order to maximize Divine and Empowered.

I have not been able to get into a pvp match to test any of these out. I keep trying and will until release. As soon as I am able to I will express my opinions and how I find each spell works in pvp.
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I really wish to see our heroic feats reworked!
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    umt1982 wrote: »
    Geas works on the bosses and is a great way to clean up mobs...The fact it works on bosses...
    How do you know it's not a bug?
    edited March 2015
    Sounds like a bug, it will probably go live though.

your going to keep your team from hitting the boss? good luck with that, they will not want to.

They will say, eff that, heal us.

Warding is underwhelming, even in the conjunction you speak of, what are you dropping from your actually rotation for it?
    edited March 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    Sounds like a bug, it will probably go live though.

your going to keep your team from hitting the boss? good luck with that, they will not want to.

They will say, eff that, heal us.

Warding is underwhelming, even in the conjunction you speak of, what are you dropping from your actually rotation for it?

Beating the Epics are going to take teamwork and those who refuse to listen or follow the group will most likely be booted from groups. Just healing or just tanking or just dpsing isn't going to cut it, plain and simple. Have you tried an epic dungeon yet? Through most of the dungeon, ok but on the final bosses it is going to take teamwork. 5 players working together and again just simply healing will not be enough for the final bosses and in some cases it will not be enough for mobs throughout the dungeons. Normal mobs hit for 40k-100k....

When I used warding flare, I had Bastion of Health, Warding Flare and Astral Shield in the trey with Foresight and Light of Divinity. That worked through the entire dungeon until the final boss. In epic Cragmire Crypts I used this same rotation and tried many others. This very rotation worked the best (at that time I did not think about using Geas as I thought it would not work on the boss). We were able to get him to almost half life with this rotation which was the closest we got to killing him. We had 2 tanks and it still wasn't enough so healing alone will not be enough to beat the final bosses in epics. When me and a fellow guildie went on preview we did Epic Temple of the Spider. After a dozen failed attempts on the final boss with the group (1 tank 3 DC's and my CW guildie) me and my guildie were the only 2 remaining in the dungeon so we kept running it jsut the 2 of us to test out a few things. Fyi, me and my guildie are pretty much maxed on preview and pretty close to max on normal. My guildie has been playing since Beta and I have been playing for about a year, we know how to play our classes and this game.

It feels as if 99% of people do not actually try to use these spells or feats and rather they just read them and base their conclusions off of the description. Geas in itself has very good implications for pvp. I have not been able to get in a pvp match on preview yet so I reserve my opinion for that.
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Geas in itself has very good implications for pvp. I have not been able to get in a pvp match on preview yet so I reserve my opinion for that.

As one who pvp's almost exclusively, you're wrong on that point. I've done testing with it and it's one of the most worthless abilities you can get in high end pvp.

1) It's considerably slower than Break the Spirit Casting. This slows you down considerably in trying to counter anything.
    2) Regular mode is broken on damage. When fighting on mid node, CW's usually drop an Oppressive Force, that damage alone will negate this ability. If you're dps, even less reason as it'll be broken within 2-3 seconds if you crit with Fire of the Gods DoT breaking it. Break the Spirit is better here as it not only does damage, it has a 50% damage reduction rather than 90, and a lower CD.
    3) Divine mode is a root, not a stun. A hard CC is much more valuable in PvP than a soft CC. Anybody solely rooted can still CC you right back or do extreme damage.
    4) Empowered mode only lengthens the duration of the damage reduction, something we already know is broken on damage. Empowered Break the Spirit actually (if it were fixed) would raise the damage for you and party members.

All in all, geas is worthless on a pvp front unless in a very specific condition. Like being a healing dc, being the only person on a node and it's only a 2v1 and one of the enemies has all of his abilities on CD. Even then, as soon as it wears off, you can be CC'd till death.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2015

It feels as if 99% of people do not actually try to use these spells or feats and rather they just read them and base their conclusions off of the description. Geas in itself has very good implications for pvp. I have not been able to get in a pvp match on preview yet so I reserve my opinion for that.

I do use and test but those new skills you think are good are really useless and bad. If you have at least some basic logic about how pvp is going, you will know using geas instead of other skills is a bad idea. Locking someone in node?? Locked a cw and you are still blasted to death?? Locked those with cc immunity or in dodge?? Attempted to use geas but someone cc you during the casting animation??

It is bad, admit it. Light of divinity too... Heal lesser than my Astral Seal.
    edited March 2015
    Ok,

First off,

A. Ive tested epics and , yes BOSS fights are going to be tough, relying on buged encounters is a No/NO in my book. The reason I run with legit.

B. YOUR specific group is way off kilter, 3 dcs! I went with Divine DG, non divine HW and Ashield (replaced FF after initial couple of wipes) but I had a Renegade CW, two destroyers and 1 sw fury in my group. This was under righteous spec for me, we made it to the boss and bam a couple of wipes. This has be rethinking going faithful going forward, the CW expressed interest in maybe switching to oppressor. Unfortunately GWFs dont have any choice, Sent is totally dead in this game in mod 6, so its either destroyer or get lost.

C. After some follow up testing, I will stand by my initial testing, the two encounters are NOT up to snuff in this game and need work to get into our encounter bar.

D. FRANKLY who cares, JUST REWORK our feats please, they are terrible, do not slap DCs in the face with the feats you have worked into here. 30% hp ones HAVE to go, they will not work in this game. 10% PLEASE make it ARP and PLEASE make it for the DC to work. AS 10% power no longer gives good returns and ARP is the new go to stat, THIS will help everyone!

E. ANY boon with REGEN needs to be looked at, not good!

Thanks
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So there's the new cleric lvl 65-ish spell which shields allies for x% of weapon damage (sorry, I don't remember the name). The cooldown is way too long, the uptime is about 7s at lvl III and then we have to wait for 15s to use it again, which means it has a 33% uptime - 50% with empowerement. It seems to be really excessive since it's just another form of temporary hitpoints, and 7-8k temp HPs every few seconds aren't worth a 33% uptime. There are better options like spamming divine mode astral shield or healing word, and the normal version of these spells is far better. With astral shield or healing word, we also have direct control over the stack of temp HPs and we can chose when it is applied. So as it is currently, this spell is completely useless.

The effect should be slightly shorter and the cooldown much lower to make this spell appealing and compatible with the dynamic gameplay of the game. 23s recharge time is insane, that's the time it takes to kill 2-3 standard groups of npcs in current lvl 60 content, and i'm a bit generous with the time it takes here. With the current design of dungeons, such a spell would be interesting if we could use it at least in half of the fights. ie the current lvl 65 dungeons have the following structure : a small group followed by a larger one (and then a small one, rinse and repeat). If we can't use that kind of spells on the larger ones all the time, it's never worth the spell slot.
    edited March 2015
    Ok,

First off,

A. Ive tested epics and , yes BOSS fights are going to be tough, relying on buged encounters is a No/NO in my book. The reason I run with legit.

B. YOUR specific group is way off kilter, 3 dcs! I went with Divine DG, non divine HW and Ashield (replaced FF after initial couple of wipes) but I had a Renegade CW, two destroyers and 1 sw fury in my group. This was under righteous spec for me, we made it to the boss and bam a couple of wipes. This has be rethinking going faithful going forward, the CW expressed interest in maybe switching to oppressor. Unfortunately GWFs dont have any choice, Sent is totally dead in this game in mod 6, so its either destroyer or get lost.

C. After some follow up testing, I will stand by my initial testing, the two encounters are NOT up to snuff in this game and need work to get into our encounter bar.

D. FRANKLY who cares, JUST REWORK our feats please, they are terrible, do not slap DCs in the face with the feats you have worked into here. 30% hp ones HAVE to go, they will not work in this game. 10% PLEASE make it ARP and PLEASE make it for the DC to work. AS 10% power no longer gives good returns and ARP is the new go to stat, THIS will help everyone!

E. ANY boon with REGEN needs to be looked at, not good!

Thanks

Never stated thats the group needed. I stated that is the group I went with (because that was all there was for level 70's on at the time). Please read before commenting. Also, what encounter is bugged?

I switched to Faithful myself during the epic cc run I did and found it to be much better. Using Bastion of health, Warding Flare and Astral Shield. I used healing word and divine glow and found them lacking.
    edited March 2015
    jazzfong wrote: »
    I do use and test but those new skills you think are good are really useless and bad. If you have at least some basic logic about how pvp is going, you will know using geas instead of other skills is a bad idea. Locking someone in node?? Locked a cw and you are still blasted to death?? Locked those with cc immunity or in dodge?? Attempted to use geas but someone cc you during the casting animation??

It is bad, admit it. Light of divinity too... Heal lesser than my Astral Seal.

You have tested Geas? This is why in the Epic TOS run I did Divine Geas did not cancel with damage but you are saying it does in pvp though? This makes absolutely no sense. And I said it seems to have some good implications, not that it is the best. If you find yourself in a 1v1 it could very well come in handy. It has a 9 sec cd which happens to be the same cd break the spirit has. Perhaps an enemy player can still cast but the final boss in epic tos did not attack at all while I used divine geas.

Light of divinity is a feat whereas Astral seal is an at-will.......You guys are all proving my point.
    edited March 2015
    tsokushin wrote: »
    As one who pvp's almost exclusively, you're wrong on that point. I've done testing with it and it's one of the most worthless abilities you can get in high end pvp.

1) It's considerably slower than Break the Spirit Casting. This slows you down considerably in trying to counter anything.
    2) Regular mode is broken on damage. When fighting on mid node, CW's usually drop an Oppressive Force, that damage alone will negate this ability. If you're dps, even less reason as it'll be broken within 2-3 seconds if you crit with Fire of the Gods DoT breaking it. Break the Spirit is better here as it not only does damage, it has a 50% damage reduction rather than 90, and a lower CD.
    3) Divine mode is a root, not a stun. A hard CC is much more valuable in PvP than a soft CC. Anybody solely rooted can still CC you right back or do extreme damage.
    4) Empowered mode only lengthens the duration of the damage reduction, something we already know is broken on damage. Empowered Break the Spirit actually (if it were fixed) would raise the damage for you and party members.

All in all, geas is worthless on a pvp front unless in a very specific condition. Like being a healing dc, being the only person on a node and it's only a 2v1 and one of the enemies has all of his abilities on CD. Even then, as soon as it wears off, you can be CC'd till death.

Geas has the same CD and same animation speed as break the spirit does. But you have tested it? Dude.... It also doesnt have the same basic principals in pvp as it does in pve. Your response goes towards my point about people going by the description and what they read it as rather than what it actually does.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Edit: Geas cd is 9.9 sec with around 33% RSI, holding someone making them unable to attack until its effect break. I cannot make sure whether it does the same way as it says in pvp or not since pvp preview is down. If it does work i will make it as one of my main cc rotation. However, its divine version is still a root with comparatively slow animation and useless root.

For the Light of Divinity, yes it is a class feature but i think all class features excluding sooth is superior than it. With our 80k+hp in Mod 6, healing for 500 every 3 sec post-healing depression (solo) is really very low, divided by 5 is 33 hp each second per person nearby. Having a such class feature is really bad, i hope you know this fact.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ... Also, what encounter is bugged? ...
    silverkelt meant it is a bug that Geas disables a boss. And I agree, it is a bug. All bosses are immune to all CC effects. It is similar bug as w/ SB knock-back in mod5 - will be fixed in mod6. Similar bug as TR daze (mid tree feat?) affected bosses - I think it was fixed before mod5 went live/during mod5. Might go live just like SB bug did (I hope not) but will be fixed sooner or later.
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Geas has the same CD and same animation speed as break the spirit does. But you have tested it? Dude.... It also doesnt have the same basic principals in pvp as it does in pve. Your response goes towards my point about people going by the description and what they read it as rather than what it actually does.

1) You just skipped past all of my points as if they didn't exist, even though they're valid.
    2) I've already mentioned that I tested it. You'd know this if you didn't skip past my post.
    3) Divine mode casting is much faster on Break the Spirit than Geas. You can cast Break the Spirit and then dodge much faster than Geas. You'd know this if you tested.
    4) I was bringing to light the experience in PvP. As someone who PvP's exclusively, I'd wager to say that my knowledge on the subject is extremely valid.
    5) Again, any pve effectiveness is lost because Geas breaks on damage done to target. Also, Geas having any CC effect on a boss is likely a bug.

Don't skip my points this time.
  • thestiathestia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    go and do it to regular mobs and see the logs.

dummies are not the best way to test.

Done. This is my combat log while being beat on by a war troll. I equipped a transcendent feytouched enchantment, it's effect being to reduce the target's damage by 18%. This is the result.

V4KWH9K.jpg

By comparison, the war troll's second melee attack did about 200 less damage. Please bear in mind that divine glow ALSO increases DR by 10%. Either way, this does not account for the 18% decrease in damage that being hit by feytouched should bring. Also note that Test of Faith procs every 3 seconds, proving that the second Melee Attack happened within the duration of feytouched.
    edited March 2015
    thestia wrote: »
    Done. This is my combat log while being beat on by a war troll. I equipped a transcendent feytouched enchantment, it's effect being to reduce the target's damage by 18%. This is the result.

V4KWH9K.jpg

By comparison, the war troll's second melee attack did about 200 less damage. Please bear in mind that divine glow ALSO increases DR by 10%. Either way, this does not account for the 18% decrease in damage that being hit by feytouched should bring. Also note that Test of Faith procs every 3 seconds, proving that the second Melee Attack happened within the duration of feytouched.

I only said that about the dummies, because time and again, I found that certain effects WOULD not pop on dummies (like the MH healing, you can only do it on live mobs)

So I stopped testing on dummies , and only do it on mobs to make sure that some wierd effect isnt popping for some reason.

Sadly, what you describe I doubt they will fix (ever)

Because A. They dont seem to have time to do anything on the DC right now and B. They dont seem to be willing to fix anything on the DC right now.

So Ive stopped testing , Ive tried the new feats, powers and ran a couple of epics and did that with my GWF, CW and DC and stopped doing anything else.

Its not worth my time posting anything else.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Divine Glow and weapon enchants
    Enemies are still (NW.45.20150317a.1) unaffected by weapon enchants when hit by Divine Glow whether cast with divinity or not.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • titanishu1488titanishu1488 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Right Hand with LifeSteal? Seriously? Why not recovery?
    edited March 2015
    Right Hand with LifeSteal? Seriously? Why not recovery?

O.O!

That is terrible !

Please move life steal off that and move it to recovery or some actual valuable stat for the DC, please do not give DC life steal on its offhand (how about some ARP? )
  • titanishu1488titanishu1488 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    O.O!
    Please do not give DC life steal on its offhand (how about some ARP? )
    Right hand = mainhand. With 715 LifeSteal =\
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

WUUUUUUUUT?! Are they smoking bong in the office , dat devs D:
    Wot is diz sorcery ?!?!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015

lol I don't care my DC is Righteous.
    edited March 2015
    Im highly disappointed in what appears to be not one single worth through of what is mosty useless feats and powers.

Can we please have at least the 30% hp items dropped and make the power go back to the DC as well.

Come on guys.
  • lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Chains of Blazing Light
    Divine version is granting AP when cast on targets. Not new as it does the same on live.
    edited March 2015
    lupisu wrote: »
    Bug: Chains of Blazing Light
    Divine version is granting AP when cast on targets. Not new as it does the same on live.

... it might be a bug, but with the massive amount of mess, do you feel like this is needed to be even in thier top 100 items for DC?
This discussion has been closed.