test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you expect from module 6 : Elemental Evil

Comments

• thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The one thing I really want for when they increase the lvl cap (this mod or not), auto upgrade artifact gear to be items of the new lvl. regular gear, ok. But artifacts require WAY too much grind to not have an option to keep them with the new lvl cap.
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What I'm expecting?
    Well for one NO MORE Heroic Encounters!!! Quite frankly those suck to high hell and back. I f you want to have solo play then make solo-friendly things, if you want to have group-play then make group/friendly things, but don't make a mix of the two as it will always be a fail. Like when a group of lower/medium geared people want to fight a medium HE, they get all ready and then a top geared someone butts in and takes all the glory, is that fair? No it's not, so HEs should either be made private or dissapear altogether, they unbalance the game way too much.
    Other than that, I'm hoping the Paladin will be able to match GWFs and TRs in PvP and won't be dead on spawn, so to speak. Also hoping the pally can at least hit something and kill it too unlike the GF that needs to smack a mob quite a few times to kill it, that is more crit for the pally.
    Well one of my other hopes would be to extend the powerbar, but that is not gonna happen most likely, even though pallys kinda need it, w/ all their useful buffs, 3 slots are just not gonna be enough. Power trays switchable in combat might solve the issue, but I highly doubt cryptic has any intention of accomplishing that even though it's been requested for over a year now.
    Other than that, well since it's Elemental Evil and we have 4 elements, at least 4 dungeons pls, 1 for each element, anything less and I will be severely dissapointed. Oh and REALLY REALLY hope they won't make anymore Tiamat-like stupidity. For crying out loud you have the perfectly good STO 20 man queues, why the hell aren't you using them to model the NW raids on?
    That's kinda it from the top of my head, maybe leater when I think of other stuff will post more.
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What do I want != what do I expect.

If the opening graphic on the announcement for mod 6 is any indication (warrior with mace/shield) I am already worried. Cryptic needs to google 'paladin' Dear Cryptic please GIS paladin, and go to the wiki page. Tell me how many images of paladins you see with mace shield combo.....hint answer is NONE!

What I want....

* more content
    * either legendary versions of existing dungeons, or an extension to each existing dungeon which would take you to an additional legendary section.
    * I want existing dungeons to be desirable to run again
    * I want ALL NEW dungeons.
    * I would like for any number of people (1-5) to enter ANY dungeon. Yes I think 1 person should be able to enter epic/legendary dungeons. NO I don't think is should be possible for a single person to complete a legendary dungeon.
    * I want RP to drop from legendary versions of existing/new dungeons
    * I want a new campaign, with a significantly larger area of exploration.
    * I DON'T want more Heroic Encounters
    * I want the companions with bugged active bonuses to be fixed! (Cockatrice, Allure, etc.)
    * I don't want more dailies from a new campaign.

* I WANT more transparency from Cryptic

What do I expect? None of that really.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i hope for :
    -4 new questing zones with tons of quests so we dont have to grind to lvl 70 on mobs and other things(skirmishes,dungeons,old daily quests)
    -few new nice looking mounts
    -some way to make our old gear lvl 70 so we dont need to grind new gear and we could still have use of old content
    -all dungeons scaled to lvl 70
    - i hope they wont kill playerbase with to hard new dungeon focusing on dps (there is plenty of other ways dungeon can be hard and dps should not be only solution to make it easy and fast taking support classes should be better then stacking insane dps )
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    What I expect and what I want are entirely different things, heh.

Expect:

- More bugs.
    - More mind-numbing dailies.
    - Not enough content to care, much like Mod 5.
    -New artifact <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to take way too much RP to refine, putting those not rich enough to buy the rapidly-dwindling stock of unbound RP stones even further behind and widening the gap even more.
    - Oathbound Paladin to be OP and bear no resemblance to anyone's idea of a Paladin.
    - PvP whining to be listened to yet again, and TR to get a hit with a truck of ill-conceived nerfs that hurt PvE and make us useless again.

Want:

- Separation between PvE and PvP. They're different games with different needs. Act like it.
    - Multiple dungeons with worthwhile gear to farm that's BoE.
    - The refinement system to die in a fire and be replaced with something less mind-numbing and punitive
    - ICD removed on Dragon Hoard enchantment. Still take forever to get enough RP, but it'd help at least.
    - Pre- Mod 3 faces back. (I know this won't happen. I still want it. Shush.)
    - A reason to actually play the game. I've taken to dusting off my DC and running him through dailies because it's something to do that isn't Tiamat.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited January 2015
    No more freaking dailies and no more "artifact" "black Ice" "plaid ice" uber super grindy gear. Also I don't want to see every class equal. I hate when games try to make all classes equal, that's how a game gets screwed up. Each class should be the best there is at what they do, not be equal in freaking pvp. PVP is about teamwork not lone wolf I can beats you one on one if I spend enough money.
  • dragosani84dragosani84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 84
    edited January 2015
    naicalus wrote: »
    What I expect and what I want are entirely different things, heh.

Expect:

- More bugs.
    - More mind-numbing dailies.
    - Not enough content to care, much like Mod 5.
    -New artifact <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to take way too much RP to refine, putting those not rich enough to buy the rapidly-dwindling stock of unbound RP stones even further behind and widening the gap even more.
    - Oathbound Paladin to be OP and bear no resemblance to anyone's idea of a Paladin.
    - PvP whining to be listened to yet again, and TR to get a hit with a truck of ill-conceived nerfs that hurt PvE and make us useless again.

Want:

- Separation between PvE and PvP. They're different games with different needs. Act like it.
    - Multiple dungeons with worthwhile gear to farm that's BoE.
    - The refinement system to die in a fire and be replaced with something less mind-numbing and punitive
    - ICD removed on Dragon Hoard enchantment. Still take forever to get enough RP, but it'd help at least.
    - Pre- Mod 3 faces back. (I know this won't happen. I still want it. Shush.)
    - A reason to actually play the game. I've taken to dusting off my DC and running him through dailies because it's something to do that isn't Tiamat.

What this person said. Perfect, especially the part about pvp. The main thing I hate in Neverwinter is that instead of being fantasy it's starting to mirror real life in which we have the haves and the haves not. I don't want to grind all day in real life, never getting ahead only to do the same on my entertainment. I want to escape, not be reminded that I'm not a part of the 1 percent.
  • teamstephonteamstephon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i just feel them kicking M5 to the curve just to release M6 but who agrees
  • forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I expect introduction of diminishing returns on power.
  • jakefearjakefear Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    B7z1-OOCMAAT6uY.jpg

tumblr_nihl57niOS1tyj78go1_500.jpg

Embrace the Evil.
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starbigamo wrote: »
    i bet with you that there will not be new level 70 gear! :)

10 levels of new content without any new gear? I won't believe it even if I see it.
    Maybe new gear won't be better or as good as the current maxed out artifacts, but the new level 70 purple sets will be at least 90% as good as them and a lot easier to attain.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    heh maybe new r70 gear will be worth like 100x rp than r60 is worth now, that would be somthing. We would use r70 to lvl up our arti gear to r70 ,at least some way to get our ati eq on max.

That said, i expect to getting dissapointed.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think 10 levels is too much, I wish they just made 5 levels, that way we still have room for more level cap raises. it's like in wow now that you can get to lv 100 it's so ****ing long...
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I think 10 levels is too much, I wish they just made 5 levels, that way we still have room for more level cap raises. it's like in wow now that you can get to lv 100 it's so ****ing long...

They could add 200 levels to this game and the time to level to cap would still be less than any other mmo I've ever seen.
  • zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, except it's not that temple of elemental evil. That module was part of the Greyhawk setting. It's this one, and all together different

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/princes-apocalypse

Holy cow, D&D stuff is comparatively expensive nowadays. $50 for an adventure campaign (at least I'm assuming it's a campaign and not just a module)? $16 for 4 plastic minis? Yikes! That's a good 100% mark-up over less than 20 years ago, that's more than video games, movies, or music have gone up in the same time. How do teens afford to play D&D now? Back in the day, I remember scrounging lunch money to pick up D&D stuff...now get off my lawn, you whippersnappers!

Oh and on-topic, it's foolish to expect, or even hope, for as much as you guys are. You know they're not going to get rid of artifacts or intentionally adversely affect any other money-making aspect of the game, and you know there's going to be another campaign with yet more dailies. Those are givens, also they've flat out said they don't know how to make money off of foundry so they have no interest in significantly updating it.

As for paladins, they're either going to be gimps or overpowered. That is the nature of hybrid classes in party-based games. They're more difficult to balance well simply because of the fact they either only partially fill more than one role (gimp), or they fully fill at least one role and provide extra in other role(s) (overpowered). And we've all seen how well balance goes here...
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Considering the paladin can be a tank or a healer I'm expecting some improvements to the queue system that allow you to pick a role depending on your class/path.
    edited January 2015
    What do I want != what do I expect.

If the opening graphic on the announcement for mod 6 is any indication (warrior with mace/shield) I am already worried. Cryptic needs to google 'paladin' Dear Cryptic please GIS paladin, and go to the wiki page. Tell me how many images of paladins you see with mace shield combo.....hint answer is NONE!

What I want....

* more content
    * either legendary versions of existing dungeons, or an extension to each existing dungeon which would take you to an additional legendary section.
    * I want existing dungeons to be desirable to run again
    * I want ALL NEW dungeons.
    * I would like for any number of people (1-5) to enter ANY dungeon. Yes I think 1 person should be able to enter epic/legendary dungeons. NO I don't think is should be possible for a single person to complete a legendary dungeon.
    * I want RP to drop from legendary versions of existing/new dungeons
    * I want a new campaign, with a significantly larger area of exploration.
    * I DON'T want more Heroic Encounters
    * I want the companions with bugged active bonuses to be fixed! (Cockatrice, Allure, etc.)
    * I don't want more dailies from a new campaign.

* I WANT more transparency from Cryptic

What do I expect? None of that really.

*sigh* too true. I want a paladin with a 2-handed holy avenger. Not the stupid weak enchant, but the actual magic item.
    edited January 2015
    klangeddin wrote: »
    10 levels of new content without any new gear? I won't believe it even if I see it.
    Maybe new gear won't be better or as good as the current maxed out artifacts, but the new level 70 purple sets will be at least 90% as good as them and a lot easier to attain.

Im pretty sure lvl cap increase has NOT been announced for mod 6 other than, 'sometime in the future'. Where are you getting your info?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I dunno, maybe the "Announcing Module 6: Elemental Evil!" news post on the main page?
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    Im pretty sure lvl cap increase has NOT been announced for mod 6 other than, 'sometime in the future'. Where are you getting your info?

I thought it seemed pretty clear.

"We’re pleased to announce the coming of Neverwinter’s biggest module to date: Elemental Evil!
    With Elemental Evil will come a level cap increase from 60 to 70, ..."
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Lag , Lag and even more LAG .

Although hoping against hope that I am proven wrong ( would be very nice ) ........
  • zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A Druid instead of a Paladin, since the devs have only dropped hints about a Druid since the Ranger and Warlock were added... They've said nothing about a Paladin until now all of the sudden. (Plus, I think a Druid fits the module theme much better, anyway...)
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zogara wrote: »
    A Druid instead of a Paladin, since the devs have only dropped hints about a Druid since the Ranger and Warlock were added... They've said nothing about a Paladin until now all of the sudden. (Plus, I think a Druid fits the module theme much better, anyway...)

Nah, druid only fits the "elemental" part. For the "evil" part, you need the Paladin! :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Is it me or not don't know really but after every maintenance my game become laggy. Before yesterday there was no lag but now i have huge lag and sometimes crashes. I expect from module 6 to bring better gameplay without lag,rubberbanding and without performace loss.
  • iaorekiaorek Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm expecting a great deal of evil, and likely a few of the commonly represented elements. Earth, fire, wind, and maybe even water. Oh and the evil will likely be of the campy type.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, now that the preview patch notes are up, I expect to die a whole lot more.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Well, now that the preview patch notes are up, I expect to die a whole lot more.

agree /10char
  • nezraalnezraal Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nezraal wrote: »
    PvP GAME BALANCE !

PvP game balance? how about some PvP game variety!
    23uvq8m.png
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Personally I expected that in module 6 developers make some changes for warlocks.
    When warlock where introduced, it where actually not bad, Top dps, but lack of CC. That where acceptable trade. Now neither great dps neither CC and hell no Skills to avoid/dodge. Shift Shadow slip not bad skill but 30% chance to avoid hit its same as you run and hope that monster/player shoot skill with closed eyes. I could write more bad stuffs about warlock but in forum are enough of treads about it.

So I hoping that developers will not make same stuffs as they did with warlock.
    And now I keeping hopes in future maybe they make changes for warlock that would be interesting to play as this class. Now its not even good dps, neither good survivability or CC..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================