test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you expect from module 6 : Elemental Evil

Comments

• mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My biggest hope is that they DONT read these forums.

Legendary versions of the old dungeons with great drops and high Gear Score requirements are the only thing that I have read that I liked and they are already aware of this feature that we want.

I LOVE the Artifact gear, items and system. Learn how to slot Dragon Hoard Enchants and stop expecting to have all your stuff fully upgraded in one weekend.

Stop complaining about power creep. The reason I keep playing is that I want to be more powerful as time goes by. My reward for playing so much is that the dungeons become easier. Then, eventually they will make harder dungeons with more rewards.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    the best thing is to not expect anything.
    expectation creates disillusion.
    1,000 times this.

*has been applying this philosophy to life in general for more than 10 years, has rarely been disappointed*
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    GWF DC and GF = PALADIN, good bye does classes if they OP paladin
    no need for them to exist,but lets hope thats not the case.if it is = rage
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    No it isn't. The economics of F2P mean that churn is the most profitable thing, and long term customers are actually a problem.

Yep. As a long term player with most of my equipment BIS, I have almost no reason to spend real $$ on this game.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Maybe it's a horrible typo and we end up back in the tower district to gather more elemental weevils.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Most games don't just have a single class to most roles, but a choice of different ways of doing it depending of your play style.

This. My Neverwinter main has always been DC because I enjoy being support (in DC case: mostly healing, but that's becoming moot now), though I enjoy melee play-style more than always ranged and the HR helps with that itch, a little. Pally is the way I like to roll.

Also: it was mentioned that the paragon paths will allow *either* tankiness or healingness, each likely with a sprinkle of the other - same way DC is: Healing or DPS but not both, etc. GFs: you're safe. Clerics: you're safe. You always will be a viable class, the Pally will simply be a "support" assistant to you (simplified description of course).

As for the level cap increase: it is an opportunity for the Devs to rebalance PvE game-play and the alleged "power-creep" and so on. They can add big damage and HP to new mobs, increase player damage and HP only slightly at new top-level, creating "harder" content in that way. It's a matter of "power attrition": accelerate the [NPC damage] of mobs by level 70, hold-back on the amount of [player damage] added by level 70 creating a new balance and thereby not "nerfing" existing loadouts and gear; saving all your existing artifacts by NOT depreciating them and "rendering them useless".

TL;DR: GF and DC: you're safe, Pally is neither of you, more like a doer-of-both, master-of-neither. Level cap increase: Power attrition can play a part: NPC mobs gain large amount of new "power/damage", players do not gain the same amount, leaving the NPC mobs feeling more powerful, making "tougher" challenge at top level *without* depreciating existing gear and artifacts. Hence: win-win-win-win, and WIN for everyone around.

Just a hypothesis of course.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I expect the temple of elemental evil.

LOL! Those are sound expectations.

If I recall correctly from the 1980s, the Temple of Elemental Evil was a lower-level adventure in AD&D. It was a popular one, but I barely remember the details these days.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Epic Destinies.
    If you raise the level cap and want to stay somewhat true to the 4th edition of DnD (even if only in name), you have to put Epic Destinies in.

I think adding the Paladin before the Druid or the Bard was a mistake. They could have altered the GWF easily if they wanted to add another Defender to the game, but there's no way to add another controller (we only have CW) or leader (DC) with the existing classes.

All of a sudden I feel smarter for not bothering with the artifact gear from Mod 5 though, something tells me that the new level 70 gear will make it obsolete pretty quick.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    klangeddin wrote: »
    Epic Destinies.
    If you raise the level cap and want to stay somewhat true to the 4th edition of DnD (even if only in name), you have to put Epic Destinies in.

That would be an interesting addition. Not sure how they'd implement it; another tab in the character window perhaps?
    I aim to misbehave
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    LOL! Those are sound expectations.

If I recall correctly from the 1980s, the Temple of Elemental Evil was a lower-level adventure in AD&D. It was a popular one, but I barely remember the details these days.

Yea, except it's not that temple of elemental evil. That module was part of the Greyhawk setting. It's this one, and all together different

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/princes-apocalypse
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If we have new dungeons, I want drops that can be used, or at least sold. Every module has had worse and worse drops. However, I don't expect it.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, except it's not that temple of elemental evil. That module was part of the Greyhawk setting. It's this one, and all together different

http://dnd.wizards.com/products/tabletop-games/rpg-products/princes-apocalypse

I played in a Gencon campaign of the original, when it first came out, run by Gary Gygax. It was a horrible adventure, its just AD&D iconic. The new work seems to be a lot better though.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    what I hope to see:
    -foundry update and changes in rewards for both players and authors
    -more balanced PVE, with much less powercreep than we have now.
    -a new PVP map or PVP mode
    -more balance in PVP.
    -at least 2 new levelling zones from 60 to 70 (hopefully 3 or 4 though)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    New and actually hard dungeons.
    Like CN was a challenge for a year for the most experienced guilds.
    And not doable with random pugs w/o any coordination on the first day of the release.
  • caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    starbigamo wrote: »
    i bet with you that there will not be new level 70 gear! :)

I agree.

There is every reason to believe that they will make most of our gear obsolete (this is an MMO after all), but not so soon after mod5.
    These additional levels will probably be some sort of Epic Destinies, while there will be no post level 60 gear, at least for now. To further back this argument up, there is no mention of new gear in announcement, Drow set is still waiting to be released, plus I imagine it would require a lot of work to design at least two new sets for each class.
    With Elemental Evil will come a level cap increase from 60 to 70, complete with a new set of quests, feats, and slottable class feature powers.

As for the rest of the module, I'm quite optimistic, however I do fear for the future of GF players.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Plus 1 on that.
  • lionmaruu0lionmaruu0 Member Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I expect a good place to go with a campaign I actually care to do again and again, like dread ring(plus a good skirmish like sot/moh dread ring skirmish sucks so much), great rewards and nice campaign progression.

just want to actually feel good playing the game, not doing an endless chore like tod/tiamat campaign is.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since we are getting a Stronghold, what better place to put. . . an expandable stable for mounts and an expandable Wardrobe for costumes (taking them out of pack space). This would solve three problems 1.Free up pack space. 2. Have and out of pack space for costumes and Mounts and 3. Allow players to add to mount and costume collections (instead of eating the Blue Ribbon Pig Mount to free up space to add the Sunite Horse).

There might even be space for an expandable Armoire to hold sets of armor and an Armory to hold Weaponry.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I expect to see a mysterious portal that connects to Dragonlance, there I can meet Raistlin, Caramon and Huma!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    What do I EXPECT? Nothing that interests me. More of the same really. I have largely abandoned official content because I've never been any good at PvP, and I'm up to the campaigns now, and dailies don't interest me. Seriously, when ToD came out I was very excited because I could play my under-lvl-60 toons, but I am not the kind of person who can do the same task over and over every day. That's not fun, that's not play; that's just WORK, and I'm not getting paid for this, so I'm not going to do something that isn't fun.

What I REALLY want has very little to do with the expansion itself; I want them to fix some of the major issues with the Foundry, to make it playable for those who need to feel rewarded for their time. I am rare in that the experience of something new and well thought out is much more fun than grinding content on repeat to get the next best purple, orange, or refinement points to upgrade artifact gear.
    1. Add new rewards like Foundry Tokens which can be used to buy things that can't be found elsewhere
    2. Change Rhix rewards from a static reward for any eligible quest to increase with the average length of the quest to encourage players to play a variety of quests, not just the shortest ones possible.
    3. Add a First Play bonus of 10%/25%/50% (whatever makes the most sense to the Devs) each time you play a quest you've never played before, to encourage playing a lot of quests.
    4. MAYBE provide a bonus reward if you review a quest (regardless of rating) that's in the review section, to try and get some out of review purgatory.
    5. Let authors place at least one minor chest per map filled randomly with gold and profession items or whatever else by Cryptic. Similarly, place nodes in quests.
    6. Provide for the possibility of something better than a green in the end chest.

With better rewards in place more people would be willing to play in the Foundry, and they would dramatically increase retention as people can have limitless content to play. While technically there is not INFINITE content at any one point, there is always more coming out. SO what we need apart from better rewards is a better search function.
    1. Author-assigned tags: At present the authors have very little if any control over what people tag their quests as, and eventually they get tagged with everything, making the tags pretty worthless. Tags need to be picked by the author, who knows what kind of quest they are making, and where it belongs.
    2. Separate farm maps from the story/role-playing/puzzle maps. Ideally these would all have a separate tab completely, but at the very least, farmers are more different from those who are looking for an involved experience, I think, than the story/rp/puzzle players are from each other, and those who came to Neverwinter because they were fans of D&D probably ideally want some of each in the foundries they play anyway.

If Temple of Elemental Evil requires a massive gear score and having completed Tyranny of Dragons and Tiamat, then I will never see it anyway. Therefore my HOPE is that we can start it with something more reasonable, and that Dailies are not the primary method of advancement.

Beyond that, I would LIKE to see more varied content. Since we are going elemental, I would like to see some water creatures. I have some quests in mind that would really love to have Sahuagin, Kuo-toa, or other aquatic species, and having elementals and demons, and things like that would be fun. Perhaps we can have four zones, each with their own dungeon all on the way to getting to the REAL EPIC DUNGEON that is the Temple of Elemental Evil, and Zuggtmoy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I expect a well tested, well reviewed quality service/product. Thats all I can ask for.

When I worked at Johnson Controls, I remember their mission statement.

"Continually exceed our customers' increasing expectations."
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder if they'll implement enemies with various weaknesses/resistances toward typed elemental damage.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I admit that I have a lot of hopes for this new module. It basically is going to be resetting everyone to a fairly even power level, so even the people who started playing on release day will have the same advantages as new players will. It'll be nice for a while. Every MMORPG needs this kind of reset every few years.

I am hoping for new dungeons and maybe a new campaign as well as new leveling zones. I'd like to see new dungeons and new gear and maybe a reason to go back to healing on my cleric (right now I am a dps).

More PvP maps and modes would be nice too, but I'd also like to see some roleplaying friendly additions like being able to sit in chairs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    I'd also like to see some roleplaying friendly additions like being able to sit in chairs.

i have no words
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Two classes Druid and Paladin is what I was expecting, kinda pissed off actually that they are bringing in Paladins over Druids and Bards.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    caunsidh wrote: »
    I agree.

There is every reason to believe that they will make most of our gear obsolete (this is an MMO after all), but not so soon after mod5.
    These additional levels will probably be some sort of Epic Destinies, while there will be no post level 60 gear, at least for now. To further back this argument up, there is no mention of new gear in announcement, Drow set is still waiting to be released, plus I imagine it would require a lot of work to design at least two new sets for each class.

As for the rest of the module, I'm quite optimistic, however I do fear for the future of GF players.

Releasing 10 new levels without new equipment would be so stupid, that i doubt even cryptic would consider it.
    My hopes/expetaction for the new module, would be a revamp of the current dungeons to bring them up to t.3 and t.3.5 status, probaly with starting requirements around 16k and 20k. of course complete with new epic equipment, that by far would destroy the current T2 equpment, i expect i powerwise would be slightly below or on par with the current artifact equipment. Simply dont see them making all artifact equipment obsolete already, since i would <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off such a big part of the player base, so i hope to god that cryptic have more sense!

Of course knowing cryptic i wouldnt be surprised, if this module just contained 1 new dungeon and a skirmish, and a bunch of crappy dailies and another set of crappy t2,5 equipment that no1 will use... If so this will be the breaking point for me, and i will move on to greener pastures...
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    gomok72 wrote: »
    Two classes Druid and Paladin is what I was expecting, kinda pissed off actually that they are bringing in Paladins over Druids and Bards.

Paladin is a big class that has been highly desired since long before launch. Druid would be good too, and I hope to see it and monk soonish.

Bard,..... I hate to say it but I doubt it will appeal heavily to people that didn't play PnP D&D, and even then a select minority among that crowd. Not a very good marketing decision, so I can see why they've been avoiding it.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm hoping the Paladin gets access to both the GF and the GWF armor sets ( since he can wear the heaviest armor ) and can pick either a 2h weapon or a 1h + Shield. That would allow me to have a Great Sword wielder with the super sweet GF Profound armor look. If that happens I will spend money on a Pally :)
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Guild things. Guild quests, guild raids, guild achievements, guild pvp, guild castles, guild sieges, guild siege weapons (catapults, ballistas), guild defensive weapons (towers, boiling oil).
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • kr0nixx#5213 kr0nixx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Looking for challenging content, level 70 mobs that you need to have a solid party for and that actually take time to fight thru.

Bosses that don't die in 5 seconds and require simple strategy and well geared team to defeat.

Dungeon rewards that motivate you to run the dungeon. Level 70 purple quality armor set pieces as drops/chest rewards that are BOE. Maybe some higher quality RP item drops as well.

I'll be happy with that.