test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need Help!!!!

silvertailsilvertail Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
I just bought a new laptop. When I got into the game I was unable to move the camera while my char is moving. I'm not sure if this is a problem in game or a problem with the setting on my mouse pad. I can use an external mouse but I don't like using those and would rather use the mouse pad on the laptop. Has anyone else had this issue and could help me figure out whats going on?
stealth is survival skills (and not tanking skills, that is really different)
stealth is damage
stealth is mobility
stealth is everything
everything is stealth
Stealth make TR OP, but lack of stealth make TR useless.
Post edited by silvertail on

Comments

• Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's probably an issue with the trackpad. There's a reason most play with an external mouse, the trackpads are just not good for gaming.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yea, I have the same issue on my laptop. You simply cant use the keyboard and the touchpad at the same time. You really do need an external mouse to play this on a laptop.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Yea, I have the same issue on my laptop. You simply cant use the keyboard and the touchpad at the same time. You really do need an external mouse to play this on a laptop.

Yep. This is exactly what my laptop does. If I'm using the keyboard in any way, the trackpad doesn't respond until I stop. It's set up this way to make sure you don't accidentally move the trackpad around while you're typing. Not really any way around it, you need a mouse.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yep. This.
  • Options
    geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silvertail wrote: »
    I can use an external mouse but I don't like using those and would rather use the mouse pad on the laptop.

You actually prefer the mouse pad as oppose to an external mouse?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    All our pc laptops (3 of them) in our house are the same way. It's not the game, it's our laptops. This is why we all have external mice and even keyboards. My sister, a tech-head, even despises the tracpads on her macs and also uses external mice.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I, too, prefer to use an external mouse when playing on a laptop. OP, all i can say is you can pick up some really cheap mice on ebay, and they work decently. Good luck!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    This would be a hardware limitation. Think of it like the computer trying to tap it's head and rub its stomach at the same time. The same type of thing happens to me if I use my keyboard or headset's volume control wheels at the same time as running in the game. Using one input command will cancel/interrupt the other so you will have to use an external mouse to solve the issue.

Pick up a wireless one from the local store. Their cheap...and frankly last forever in my experience.

The easiest way to make me curse and scream: ask me to fix a laptop without handing me a mouse.
    If you ask me to fix a laptop without a mouse I'll end up driving to the store to buy one if not for you then for me because I won't touch a laptop without a mouse.

Laptops are sold with mice ans sledgehammers. Most companies just don't realize it. The mouse is obviously because it's required to move the cursor. The sledgehammer is to bash the hell out of the touchpad so it stops functioning at all because nothing ticks me off more than the touchpad thinking it exists when the user is trying to type.

I actually can't believe anybody has actually said they prefer the touchpad.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This is me trying to scroll to a specific place in a document using that little touch scroll bar on the edge of the laptop mouse pad:

Zip! End of Doc.
    Grrr.
    Zip! Top of Doc.
    Grrrrrr.
    Careful... careful... almost there... steady... Zip! End of Doc.
    < swears and goes to find a mouse >
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Do you have any idea how many times I have highlighted the entire desktop just trying to get to the start button?

My grandfather has a hard time with knowing where things were downloaded or move things (normally pictures) around on the computer. What is normally a simple click in the corner of the screen turns into

"please don't click the big red x in the sky"
    or
    "careful...careful...don't drop 300 pictures on the desktop!...just move it over the other folder...it's a big target but you are using a touchpad...and all touchpads are evil..."
  • Options
    damko00damko00 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A little off-topic, but still about touchy laptop parts: I have 5 buttons on my machine- for muting sound, two for adjusting the volume, one to switch between screen modes and one to switch cooling options. So now the problem- lowering the volume opens the inventory, while increasing it switches to the no-UI mode (the B key)

So, why the game sees these buttons as the I and B keys?? And why it only happens in NW?